Hi, I am a sophomore in high school. I am interested in art, reading, writing, singing, foreign languages, traveling, not a people person, love being outside, love coming to school and children. I wanted to know, what k ind of career path can I choose?

Hi, I am a sophomore in high school. I am interested in art, reading, writing, singing, foreign languages, traveling, not a people person, love being outside, love coming to school and children. I wanted to know, what k ind of career path can I choose? writing travel foreign-languages literature performing-arts

4
Pros
3
0
Students
1
0

DeAndre’s Answer

You have a lot of personal interests and passions, which is great! Have you thought about teaching?

Right now, you can also explore volunteering at a local rec center or a non-profit that works with kids. This is a good way to build your resume and find out what path you want to take.

Thank you. I already am a volunteer at my church and I am working with children. Nisha F.
1
Pros
1
0

Kendall’s Answer

Hi Nisha,

I think DeAndre is right that teaching would be a great way to work with kids AND pursue one of your many interests - you could teach foreign language, or teach English in a foreign country (so you can travel!), or teach kids theater or music.

But there's no shortage of options for you - you could look into journalism, and report on travel or the arts or the environment. You could become a theater director. You could also look into becoming a social worker or working at a nonprofit that benefits kids or the environment. I hope you'll keep pursuing your passions!

1
Pros
1
0