Would it be worth transferring to another university where the cost of attendance is much lower and I know I will be able to pay for the cost without worrying about finances and loans?

Asked Woodlake, California

Odina’s Answer

Updated Providence, Rhode Island

Hey Christian,

Having an affordable education is definitely worth the process of transferring. As someone that transferred schools after 2 years, I wish that Cost of Attendance was a factor I had considered earlier on. It's important to consider the monetary value of your education. Even though the school has a lower cost to attend, will the degree you earn have a better payout from that institution? It's a tough question to consider. "Go to an expensive ivy league or inexpensive state school?" Which decision will ultimately lead to long term financial wellness?

Odina recommends the following next steps:

• Consider the monetary value of the education you would be receiving. Will it make a difference if you transfer?

Melissa’s Answer

Updated Grand Prairie, Texas
Absolutely! As long as the school you are transferring to offers the degree you are seeking to earn.