Should I get a part-time job while I'm in college?

Asked New York, New York

Vaughn’s Answer

I believe having a part-time job while going to school is a good idea. Besides making money it teaches good time management skills and responsibility. All 3 of my daughters are in college with part-time jobs it has helped them in both of these areas tremendously. Best of luck! You can do it!

Christopher’s Answer

If you can take on the responsibilities of a job without negatively impacting your school work, you definitely should. This will help you develop a strong work ethic and you will have a great talk track when you start intervieing for jobs after college.

Faye’s Answer

It's always a good idea to learn how to balance your time between work and school and earn money. As long as it's not taking away from your ability devote the necessary time to learning and studying, I think having a part time job is a good idea. It will teach responsibility, independence, andoney management.

Sherita’s Answer

Jinky, it all depends on several factors:

• How committed are you to your studies
  • What's your course load like
  • If this is helping with finances for you personally or you and your parents
  • How are you at managing "Work,Life, Balance"

Gregg’s Answer

When I was in college I wasn't able to balance having a part time job while successfully complete my studies. It would all depend upon your course load. I personally had a full course load and was unable to do both.

Yolanda’s Answer

I will say, it can be done. Make sure you can work under pressure and manage your time