Can Juniors retake SAT many times?Can we take SAT as many times as we want?If I get a 1400 first time,1300 second time,and 1250 third time.Does that mean my ultimate SAT score is gonna be 1250 that will be sending to college?

6
6

Rachael’s Answer

0

Typically, you would take your highest score. Since you would be used to the SAT testing process after the first try it is possible you may score higher with a different question set. Don't be discouraged from retaking unless you are satisfied with your score. At the time I went to college, some colleges did not require you disclose your SAT scores. However, it can lead to higher scholarships if you do which it did in my case.

0

Ari’s Answer

0
There is no limit to the amount of times you take the SAT. You would send your highest score to colleges I recommend taking it twice and taking the ACT once because you might find that you do better on one than the other. In rare cases the score you get on the ACT will be equivalent to the score you got on the SAT (if the score is within the range). I personally took the SAT twice and the ACT once and I ended up sending both scores to all of the schools that I applied to. The university that I currently attend did not require us to send the scores but I did because I believed that it could help me earn more scholarships if I did. It is something to look into and consider whether you want to send your scores if you don't need to but having a good score is a good indicator that you should send them!
0

Hunter’s Answer

0
Can Juniors retake SAT many times? Can we take SAT as many times as we want?

Yes. You can take the test as many times as you want as long as you pay to take the test.

If I get a 1400 first time,1300 second time,and 1250 third time. Does that mean my ultimate SAT score is gonna be 1250 that will be sending to college?

No. The highest score will be sent to the college. Some colleges also do something called super-scoring where they take your best math score and pair it with your best verbal score and that total score is what is considered for your admission. Check with your college if they follow this practice.

0

Sanford’s Answer

0

There's no limit to the number of times you can take the SAT, but taking the test more than 2 or 3 times is likely not worth your time. Best to try to do some practice exams on your own or take a prep class before the test, as this would give you some experience with the format of the test without having to pay testing fees each time. If you can take a practice test under "exam conditions" -- in a quiet room all in one sitting -- all the better.

As another answerer noted, the policy of what scores need to be sent to colleges is set by the individual colleges. Some colleges want you to sent all your scores but say they will only consider your highest scores on each subpart of the test. Other schools let you send only your highest scores. The school's policy normal can be found on its website.

Great, informed answer! Jennifer Haden
0

Sharon’s Answer

0

You can re-take it as many times as you want. When I was going to college, you could just send your best score. According to the College Board, many colleges are still like this, but some require you to report all of your scores.

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/scores/sending-scores/score-choice

0

Krystal’s Answer

0
Yes you can retake....however scoring is not like that. They use the highest score regardless of how many times you take it.

You can retake it as many times as you want no matter how old you are. No limit. You just have to pay for it.
0