Are jobs willing to hired a 16 year old?

7

I'm 15 years old and I going to turn 16 in February so I want to start to work but only in summers cause of school. So yeah :) #job

7

Melitssa’s Answer

1
I’m sure that a lot of places will allow you to be employed at 16. I was 16 when I got my first job at a grocery store. Best wishes!
1

Cleo’s Answer

1
Businesses are allowed to hire workers of age 16 in Arizona. They may be less willing to hire as you will lack expertise, but everyone starts somewhere! I would suggest looking at summer camps and food services like fast foods and coffee shops!
1

George’s Answer

1
There are lots of places that will hire you at 16 especially during the summer to help cover for employees taking vacation. Places like supermarkets and restaurants often do. Also look for seasonal opportunities like at a local amusement park for instance. Employers are always looking for people that they can count on so if you commit yourself to the job they will be happy to hire and keep you even if you are only 16!
1

Cameron’s Answer

1
Hi Ivana,

Yes, many companies will hire 16 year olds for summer jobs. If you're willing to show up on time, be honest, work hard, and have a good attitude you shouldn't have any problem finding a job in a restaurant, retirement home, movie theater, or a supermarket.

-Cameron
1

Stacey’s Answer

1
I live in Wisconsin and you are able to be employed at the age of 16.
I know most of the advice given is spot on. You can look at places near colleges that need help while the students are back home. Golf courses, grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, and retail based businesses.
I began my work career at the age of 16, working at Home Goods. There are loads of things to do in retail and they are always in need of help!
1

Liam’s Answer

1
I live in Pennsylvania. My daughter is 15 years old. She recently started working at a large grocery store. She works only the weekends part time. She loves the job and makes $10/hour. Good salary and she works hard to satisfy the customers as a cashier.
1

Carey’s Answer

1
There are lots of places that will hire you at 16. Supermarkets and restaurants come to mind. Also some small privately owned business may take you on. Best of luck! Wherever you land, show up every day with an open mind willing to learn and a great attitude.
1

Don’s Answer

1
Yes, there are a lot of companies that will hire 16 years olds. Here is a link to Indeed with teen jobs in your area:

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=high+school+teen&l=Somerton%2C+AZ

As the other people mentioned, a lot of restaurants are a good place to work. Just ask around when you are shopping. Working at shopping malls are great as well.

Don
1

melanie a.’s Answer

0
Summer time and the holiday seasons are great but there are just as great
industries no matter the season that are wide open to hiring 16 year olds!

Get a LinkedIn Page going as soon as possible. This platform is also a great way to demonstrate
all of your extra curricular activities, alongside of your school base interactions.

Ice Cream Parlors
Starbucks (at times but may prefer 18 year olds)
Dunkin Donuts!
Fast Food Restaurants
Libraries
Clothing Retailers / Hit your local mall or shopping zones with your resume in hand!!!
And apply online to your favorite store!
Book Stores
Bakeries

These maybe more Summer Specific:
Camp Counseling for Elementary Pre K and Kinder aged children (Research Private/Independent
Day and Boarding Schools in your area)
Life Guard
Get Certified CPR and First aid certified to build up your skill sets especially for being a Life Guard or Camp Counselor
The American Red Cross also has certification for CPR and First Aid alongside of a wonderful
Babysitting and Childcare Certification Program. That's 3 certifications that can position you
a notch or to above some adults!!

I'd love to hear back on what you land!

Good luck!!!

Melanie Winns
0