What are the core values of your company?

20
20

Romy’s Answer

5
Great question! Most companies do establish core values and at PwC, these are outlined on the global site (https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/about/purpose-and-values.html). My favorite is that of working together/collaborating, especially amidst this COVID-19 crisis. Working together encompasses embracing other cultures, leveraging digital tools to collaborate as efficiently at home as in the office, and being there for others when needed. Equally as important is ensuring that the values of a company align within its purpose and mission, in the actions it takes in both the business environment but also for its communities. Checking for that congruency when looking for employers can be really helpful in finding a great place to work.
Well said Romy and great answer for Jerry. So true, working together/collaborating is key right now and always will be. We are just having to use more innovative ways to collaborate together right now in our world. Best regards to you. Melisa Cameron Translate
My favorite is also work together. In the admin world, it's encouraged to share your knowledge, build your network and be resourceful. During COVID-19, the entire firm has come together to lift each other up and help others who are in need - from adjusting to working from home (learning new technology to stay connected virtually), attending cooking sessions (try a variety of cuisines from different cultures), stay healthy and fit by joining weekly workout sessions (HIIT, yoga, strength training) from the comfort of your own family/living room or simply checking in on a teammate who lives alone. Melissa Goldsmith Translate
5

Tyler’s Answer

3
Hi Jerry,

At Disney, Parks, Experiences, and Products we live by 4 keys (values) that we strive to achieve when working. They are:

Safety - Maintaining a safe working environment and being safe in your own role with the company
Courtesy - Interacting with a Guest or fellow Cast Member, always be courteous in all of our actions
Show - Always maintain our assets to provide the best show quality and always be a part of the show by staying in character
Efficiency - Find the most efficient way to help a Guest or to improve your Cast Experience

Tyler recommends the following next steps:

• Research the four keys basics at Disney to find more information on how we provide a great Guest experience
3

Kei’s Answer

2
Hi Jerry. We have a number of core values but my personal favorite is Integrity. We expect people to do the right thing every time even if no one is watching.

A number of other companies will have their own core values too.
2

Gina’s Answer

1
Great question! It's always good to know a company's core values before applying or interviewing. During an interview you can ask how they adhere to each one of them. My company stands by Teamwork, Passion, Agility, Transparency, Innovation, Loyalty. It's painted huge on the wall in our office.
1

1
Hi Jerry

The Core Values for Pacific Life Insurance Company is: "PACIFIC"

P People
A Accountability
C Customer Focus
I Integrity
F Financial Strength
I Inovation
C Community
1

Jamie’s Answer

0
Verizon's core values are Integrity‚ Respect‚ Performance Excellence, Accountability and Social Responsibility. They are all very important and go hand in hand. The first four really work together to make us successful in the work place, but also carries into our personal lives as well.

However, Social Responsibility to our community, our environment, our schools, etc is not something you often see a company as large as this one focus on. Not only does Verizon as a company do more than it's part in this area - environmental responsibility, technology in schools, etc, but Verizon is very encouraging and supportive of its employees doing our part as well. There are hundreds of volunteer opportunities, including virtual during the COVID-19 pandemic now, -such as this Q&A - that Verizon puts all the information about all in one place so the employees can find something that is right for them and fits into their schedules. Additionally there are matching programs for both financial contributions and volunteer hours thru the Verizon Foundation. Verizon has it's own "Green Team" that employees are encouraged to be a part of for more opportunities volunteering with co-workers.

You can see more details about what Verizon is doing @ https://www.verizon.com/about/responsibility
0

Rafael H.’s Answer

0
at PwC Our values define the expectations we have for working with each other and our clients. Although we come from different backgrounds and cultures across the firm, our values are what we have in common. They capture our shared aspirations and expectations, and guide how we make decisions and treat others—they’re what makes us, us.
Act with integrity
In everything we do, we expect and deliver the highest quality—we speak up for what is right, even when it’s the harder option.
Make a difference
We stay informed and proactively look for ways to better our world.
Care
We care about each other, our clients and empowering everyone to do their best.
Work together
We know that feedback, collaboration and diverse perspectives help us deliver the highest quality outcomes.
Reimagine the possible
Nothing great ever came from sticking to the status quo. At PwC, we maintain an open mind and try new things.
0

Regina’s Answer

0
At Allstate:

Honesty, Caring and Integrity — We are truthful. We put people ahead of policies and always do the right thing.

Inclusive Diversity — We gain strength and inspiration from our differences.

Engagement — We are fully present and connected in everything we do.

Superior Performance — We use every resource and opportunity available in our quest to be the best.

Accountability — We take personal ownership and refuse to look the other way.
0

Thomas’s Answer

0
That is one of the most important things to consider when deciding which company you want to work at. Always weigh the company's values and how it fits in with you. My Firm's values are the following:

Innovation - We strive to create opportunities with new approaches and resources.
Integrity - We do the right thing, for the right reasons.
Excellence - We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and seek to exceed expectations.
Talent - We believe that great organizations are built by employing and partnering with the best and brightest people.
Entrepreneurship - We believe in fostering individual creativity and a sense of ownership.
Stewardship - We are dedicated to safeguarding the capital and trust of our clients, and advancing their best interests.

Good luck with your studies and career goals.
0

Ryan’s Answer

0
At my fire department, our values are Commitment, Compassion, and Courage.

If you're thinking about developing your own core values, I recommend reading "Start With Why" by Simon Sinek. If you're not a big reader or don't have easy access to books, you can find a lot of his work on YouTube. He talks a lot about what values, visions, missions, etc. are successful and why, as well as how to actually live by your organization's values (most people don't!).
0

Christina’s Answer

0
Hi Jerry - My favorite core value that my firm embodies is "care." It is simple, but it means so much. I strive to care about the work I am doing, the clients that I am serving, and the people who I am working with. When you truly care about the work that you are doing, it enables you to perform at a higher level. When you care about the clients that you are serving and the people who you work with, you build strong relationships that I ensure you will better your every day work experience.
0

Aaliyah’s Answer

0
Great question. As you pursue you own career interests, I think it helps when your personal values align with the company's values and mission.
Your job will have a greater sense of purpose.

At PwC are core values are:

- Care
- Work Together
- Make a Difference
- Act with Integrity
- Reimagine the Possible

Everyday I look for opportunities to embrace these values in my professional and personal life.

0

Katherine’s Answer

0
I'm very proud of my company's core values! See them here:

Inject fun and quirkiness into everything we do
Treat others as they want to be treated
Pursue new and creative ideas
Do good
Take action
Presume positive intent
Lead with integrity
Learn. Grow. Repeat.
0

Jamie’s Answer

0
At Verizon our core values are integrity, respect, performance excellence, accountability, and social responsibility. Proud to be a Verizon VTeamer and live the credo every day!
0

Tiffany’s Answer

0
Hello Jerry,

Tyler is absolutely right about the Four Keys at Disney-- they really help create a solid foundation for all Cast Members when it comes to making decisions.

What also helps our organization so much is our orientation class, Traditions. It is the very first day of your time as a Cast Member no matter what your role is. Traditions helps our cast members understand our history and heritage. Through this class we are able to make sure that Cast Members don't just know the four keys, but they understand WHY we do what we do. Our company is built on heritage, and that is why it is so important that we have an orientation like this.

Love this question! Thanks for asking!
0

Jorge’s Answer

0
Thank you for your question:

Our company values are based on for key principle.

Integrity : We expect all employee to always do the right thing and to act with the highest levels of integrity

Respect : We respect our customers, our peers and ourselves. We take pride in our company and understand we represent the brand!

Performance excellence : We are focused on delivering results in all facets of the business

Accountability : We hold ourselves and each other accountable.

One additional area of focus that we have been incredibly focused on our the last year has been to give back to the communities we serve. We set a very aggressive goal of Volunteering over 2.5 Million hours by 2025.

We also operate under a very extensive and important code of conduct, the company is a terrific place to work however we do have very high expectations of all of our VTeamers.

Regards and hope this is helpful.

Jorge
0

Melisa’s Answer

0
Hello Jerry,

What a great question. At AT&T, our core values are:
- Live true.
- Think big.
- Pursue excellence.
- Inspire imagination.
- Be there.
- Stand for equality.
- Embrace freedom.
- Make a difference.

Especially now, with everything going on in our world, I am passionate about what we can do to “Make a difference.” I enjoy hearing stories every day, about our employees making a difference for their neighbors, community members, healthcare workers, first responders, for our planet and more.

It is wonderful that you are asking the question and I think we can all learn from each other’s core values. I am thankful to work for a company whose core values I can support and feel good about.

Best wishes to you in your career and educational goals.

#criminologist #socialactivist #volunteer #employment #consulting #interacting #jackofalltrades #masterofnone #musician #reader

Melisa recommends the following next steps:

• See videos and learn more about AT&T’s core values at https://about.att.com/pages/values
  • You can also learn more about internships and careers at AT&T at http://att.jobs/students
  • Keep asking great questions!
0

Jenna’s Answer

0
Hi Jerry,

This is a great question - when looking at potential employers it is a great consideration and important to examine values-driven organizations that align with your own personal values. My company has a lot of values but some of the key values that resonate with me are:

- delivering quality - as a professional service organization, delivering high quality services to our clients is a key pillar of our company and allows us to maintain a good reputation among the industry
- inclusivity - creating and fostering a working environment that supports all individuals, celebrates our differences and allows us to bring value to the table from those differences
- integrity - as we are required to work as independent auditors, it is important that we always act with integrity and will be supported. We are encouraged to speak up if we see or hear of anything that is not aligning with our company's standards.

I hope this helps and allows you to think of your own values and try to find companies with similar values.
0