What is the best approach to becoming a neonatal nurse practitioner? Should I take a year or so after I graduate to get more experience in a NICU, or should I go straight into getting certified to become a nurse practitioner?

3

I would like to know the best way to become a neonatal nurse practitioner. #nursing #nurse #nurse-practitioner #neonatal #nicu

3

Zee’s Answer

1

The best approach would be to complete your BSN program and get into a pediatric ICU residency. I would suggest spending at least 2 years in the NICU and getting experience with procedures and assessments. After about a year in the ICU start applying to NNP programs.

So, go to college and receive a BSN, then work for a couple years, then go back to college, become a Nurse Practitioner and specialize in Neonatal? Angelina P. Translate
1

Jared’s Answer

0

Most programs require experience so most definitely spend time, otherwise your schooling will have no context. Experience is the best teacher in healthcare

0