As an international student, the search for outside scholarships can be complicated, since a lot of scholarships are specifically for citizens or have a residency requirement. What is the best way for an international student to find lesser-known scholarships?

Lewis& Clark College, Incoming junior, 3,92 GPA, Psychology & International Affairs, Looking to bridge the gap between institutional aid and remaining tuition ($5000 a year) #scholarship #financial-aid #college

7

Hyesun’s Answer

Hi Adrian, I wonder you already know about this website. https://www.scholarme.co/
Scholar me enables you to apply thousands of scholarships with writing one application.
This website is free and your privacy will be protected. I hope you could find a great scholarship throughout this website. Good luck!

I did not. Thanks a lot. Adrian D.

3

Jerel O.’s Answer

Hi Adrian,

Some scholarships for college are merit-based. You earn them by meeting or exceeding certain standards set by the scholarship-giver. Merit scholarships might be awarded based on academic achievement or on a combination of academics and a special talent, trait, or interest. Other scholarships are based on financial need. You can learn about scholarships in several ways, including contacting the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend and checking information in a public library or online.

1

Emily’s Answer

Try applying for scholarships through the school you will be attending. For example my school was Brazosport College and they have a list of scholarships to apply for specifically for that school.

0

Aaliyah J.’s Answer

Hi Adrian. Congratulations on your acceptance! I will echo some of the previous advice. Search for institutional and departmental scholarships. Also, contact their International Services offices for additional resources and support.

0

Emily’s Answer

0