Anudari A.

956

20

How to become better at time management?

As I'm getting older, I'm starting to realize just how little hours there are in a day and just how much I need to do within a time limit. I'm still struggling with my time management, and would really appreciate some tips. Everyone will have different ways of tackling this, and I'm open to any suggestions or tips :) #time-management

Plan your days on google calendar! Plan them to the smallest item, like how much time meals and transportation take. Whenever you get the feel of it you won't need to plan every minute of your day.

Last updated May 29 '16 at 19:16

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

Time management, according to me is a HABIT more than anything else. I will share how I started off managing my schedule hoping it would help you understand how beneficial it is to manage time. I used to be more adhoc in nature and everything was based on instincts and interests and was mostly into procrastination. Then I attended a session on Time management and realized the importance of it and also understood how it would make my work and my life easy.

Few things I focused on: 1. Making a To Do list and adhering to the timelines 2. Prioritizing the work as High-Medium-Low on importance for completion 3. Scheduling my day to day activities

So based on the above points, I made a list of things I need to do daily including the basics as bath, eat, travel, etc. Everything was time based and scheduled. I practiced this and today its my habit. I follow it religiously and it has eased my work and my personal life too. I have calendarized everything I need to do and today's technology (mobiles, watches, etc.) are a big help in keeping up with your schedules. I'm able to do all of it in time and also get to have free time to have some fun.

I hope this helps you in getting better at managing time. I will you all the very best.

Last updated Jul 25 '16 at 13:12

Schools Add a schools