I just need some help.

I am IT Engineering student in Gujarat, currently in 3rd year of my engineering. I want to make career in same field and want to study further in Germany. which course or stream is better for me to study in Germany ? #career-choice #career-counseling #student #career

2

Rashi’s Answer

Hi Dhruva,
Congratulations on almost finishing your engineering degree - last year passes quickly :)

Since you are already studying towards an IT engineering degree from Gujrat - I would suggest you look for Masters/MS courses being offered in Germany for IT Engineering itself and start preparing for the application process for those. While many colleges have relaxed the requirement for local language - my recommendation would be to learn German as it will come handy while studying, doing internships and finally job hunting.

Also, please be very sure of why do you want to go abroad to study. The clearer your objectives are the better prepared you will be for the hard work ahead. Just want to make sure you consider all options before going ahead - been in your position so speaking from experience :)

This can be a useful source: https://www.mastersportal.com/search/#q=ci-11|dg-meng|ln-3|lv-master

Take care,
Rashi

0

Sanober’s Answer

Hi Dhruva!

If you want to pursue the rest of your academic studies in Germany, I would look into which schools there are going to be able to take you as a transfer so you do not lose your years of schooling in Gujarat. Or, if it is easier for you to finish schooling in your home country, maybe think about moving to Germany after you finish school if they will accept your degree there.

Best of luck :)

Sanober

0

Christian’s Answer

Hi Dhruva S.,

Pursuing a job in IT industry will be an investment into your future.

As I am German native, the initial question I got in mind:
- Why do you want to study in Germany?
- Do you consider it to be a good place to study or do you want to work after finishing your Master?

If you go to a public university via an exchange program you must provide a letter of motivation, I think.
Therefore I strongly recommend that you know for yourself (why - Germany) and then really speak about your motivation.

The universities who have a TU (Technische Universität = Technical University) are potentially in the top tier in their fields (e.g. https://www.tu-darmstadt.de/. or TU Munich).
Though they are having international studens, I would strongly recommend you to learn German, otherwise the lectures on German are quite difficult. And, on German Universities they are not waiting until you learned it, better to learn as much as possible and then come to Germany).

Even the programme is completely international - employers expect people to have operational comand of German language. Without German language it is quite difficult.

Rashis answer is very good, that you need a clear objective and if you are willing to go abroad.

Overall it is good to seek new experience on one hand, on the other hand really think about
- What do you want to achieve with your degree
- Which degree and country does help me most
- Which internship will help be helpful for gaining practical experience and upskilling

Hope this helps.
If you have any further question do not hesitate to ask, please. :-)

0