Tips for passing HESI and NCLEX

I am a nursing student who will graduate in May 2022 and I am scared about my ability to be able to pass and clear the NCLEX exam so I appreciate any tips that you have nurse college-advice college healthcare nursing

2

Raquel’s Answer

The NCLEX is certainly a difficult and intimidating exam, but remember, its set up for your success! The grading algorithm for the exam is to provide you with the best opportunity of success. To break it down, the exam can range from 75-265 questions and anywhere in between. In order to pass you have to answer a certain amount of high level questions correctly. Having more than 75 questions or even getting all 265 questions doesn't mean you aren't smart or aren't going to pass, you just need one correct question to push you over the threshold of passing.

That being said, everyone has their own ways of studying. I personally found that watching nursing review videos and taking notes on them was vey helpful for me. I personally love the registerednursern YouTube channel, she does a great job of putting together important information in a quick manner that makes sense. I also heavily used the ATI textbooks I got at the start of my program. Though not every program uses ATI, most do. ATI is a program that is made to mirror the NCLEX. I went through the review books and answered the practice questions in those books. I found that the ATI questions are the most similar to the actual questions on the NCLEX, more than Kaplan or Hearst.

The thing to remember with the NCLEX is its testing your ability to safely practice as a nurse. There are a lot of questions on what you should do/assess first. Maslow's hierarchy of needs is huge with this. Every time each answer provided will be something you want to do, but you need to figure out the priority, and that always comes down to Maslows and the ABC's. If you keep those things in mind and find a good review/study system for you you'll do fine!

I also want to say, there's stuff all over the Internet about how to pass the NCLEX in 75 questions, don't focus on that. While those people may have useful tips, how many questions you pass in doesn't matter. A nurse who passes in 75 questions is the exact same as a nurse who passes in 150 or 265. All that matters is you pass and then how you are as an actual nurse! And remember, even if you don't pass the first time you can always take it again. It's just a test, it doesn't define you or how good of a nurse you will be.

1

Adeodu’s Answer

Banish fears and get down to work time is not your friend extra four hours per day after using SWOT approach to remove your limitation and looking for a group which has the same objectives as your's -(collaboration can be the tonic required) shall made to fly over the hurdles.
0