How do I go about this career path and what exams should I sit before going abroad?
I want to complete my mbbs degree(Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery inindia) and then do further studies abroad
First of all you have to sit for the NEET examination for the MBBS and then you are allowed to do PG in Specialized stream of medical science.
Each country has it's own examination for it and you just have to choose your convenient country and sit for their entrance.
Firstly, knowing your passion and your drive in life and choosing it amid many disciplines is a good start in life which is quite commendable.
Now, let's dive into the needed nitty-gritty required for this.
1. Know the various Universities abroad that you have in mind to take your career pathway and read through their requirements because different countries varied requirements due to their syllabus.
2. Match the requirements with the college certificate you got and know if meet up it the standard.
3. Know the ranking of the university in terms of practical, teaching methodologies, innovations, and science-oriented because Medicine is concerned with science.
4. Check their tuition fee and match it with the amount you've got at hand if you meet up with that if you know you aren't applying on a scholarship base.
5. Check their school calendar whether they're starting anytime soon(Summer, Winter, or Midsummer ). And know if you're good to go.
6. I can't tell you the particular examination needed for the degree because it depended on every country's varied requirements.
When you have the following steps listed here, you're good to go.
Dr Nadeem Mian
Thanks for your very intresting question for foreign degree after MBBS.
Each country is having its examinations and after passing you can take admission in PG Degree courses of that perticular country. For example for Australia a membership is needed for AHPRA and for it.You have to clear Australian Foreign medical graduate examinations. Same formula is applied for USA PG degree admission. You are needed to clear the US Residency Exam.
So goodluck for your preparation.
Dr Nadeem Mian
Dr Nadeem recommends the following next steps: