5

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project.

The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is something I want to avoid). In the future, I want a stable job with enough time to have a personal life.

So, I wanted to know:
- How do animators find a stable job with a good work/life balance?

- What jobs do animators have in-between projects, such as when they finish working on a film?

Thank you comment icon Hello Tatiana! I would suggest you to watch a "Typical day" of a Professional Animatior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIbIRTnyCzg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgiNoYlVVMg Nicole Pugachenko

5

1

Joe’s Answer

Hello Tatiana,
Home this reply finds you well, totally get your concern, if you are aspiring to have a career in arts, my best advise would be to cover all your bases, as you stated the field is unsteady and though it may produce quite a large income based on the project you may hit, or work on he best thing while in the field is to invest your earnings, if you do your research most people in the art industry, actors, singers, animators, etcetera do not have a stable job and have several side investments, some go into retail, food industry, real estate or go into producing, but all without exception have a side investment, as you move and grow in the industry as soon as you start creating revenue I would as stated invest.
now on to the field it self, the animation field is broad and can cover several corners, voice, drawing, editing, writing you name it, the more you get involved in the field the more you will be exposed and your demand will grow, specially if you are good at what you do and you are open to other "corners" as stated in the field, even if you get involved on small projects you still will have exposure, specially now at days where indie films are being more recognized.
;-)
Hope this helps, do not loose faith in your dream and do all you can to be the best at what you do!
All best
Joe
Thank you comment icon Hello! Thank you for your response, Joe. I appreciate the encouragement & I will keep the invest/side revenue tips in mind too. :) Tatiana W.
Thank you comment icon that was very helpful and insightful, thank you. Deandra T.
1