4

Which company is a better place to work at: Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block?

I've been toying around with the idea of working at a tax office during the winter break if I don't get an internship. Also, when is the latest that I should apply?

4

1

Maria Jose’s Answer

Hi Genevieve,

Start applying now, both companies are known in the accounting industry, you would have to evaluate what is more convenient for you if they make you an offer.
Distance from home to commute, benefits, pay, etc.
I would apply to several companies, to keep your doors open.
All the best!
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Genevieve
1
1

Atul’s Answer

You have to take their training and pass their exams.
I seriously doubt you will be able to file income tax at these places as an intern.
Thank you comment icon Thank you Atul. By joining one of these companies, I hope to gain experience working in an office environment, not as an intern. Genevieve
1
1

Willette’s Answer

It all depends on what your job description is. All companies have good and bad points. The good thing about this Era is that we live in a time where you can research each company through the internet and find out what they offer their employees. Good look on you research.
Now is the time to look into them.
1
1

Willette’s Answer

Now is the time to start looking for the company you want to work for deadlines. You can do that through their websites.
1
0

Lilly’s Answer

I agree that it is better to apply earlier rather than later! I know you are waiting to hear back about your internship. I would say make sure you have at least 1 month before your winter break as the LATEST to apply. Sometimes hiring can take a while. Best of luck to you! I hope it all works out.

I use Glassdoor to look at how good or how bad a company can be. Weigh the pros and cons of what you want from the experience and compare it with the reviews and benefits!

Lilly recommends the following next steps:

Follow up with the internship you want and ask when you can expect to hear back from them.
Apply to both tax office jobs with at least 1 month left before your winter break
Look up Glassdoor reviews for each company.
Thank you comment icon Thank you Lilly! Genevieve
0