3
Updated 181 views

Within the workplace, how would you control emotions towards your best patient if something goes wrong?

What should I expect as a CNA?
What kind of medical equipment would be needed?
Which is the best, home care or facility care?
I am currently a direct support care worker, what do you think would best prepare me for this career-field?

3

0

Sheila’s Answer

Experience is the best teacher. You will learn as you go. Get as much training/information where ever you are. I am still learning. I learn daily. You attitude prepares you for everything. If you have an open attitude to learn and patience to deal with sick people. You will go far. Keep your eyes and ears open. Be kind to everyone - even if they are not so kind to you. You have the potential to go very far!!
0
0

Craig’s Answer

This might be tough, but try not to take it personally. Your patient is unhappy and 9/10 times it has nothing to do with you. They're gonna yell at the person regardless of who they are or what they did. As long as you followed your scope of practice and didn't let your emotions get in the way(I've seen a CNA kick a patient 3 times and claim she was trying to kill a bug!) You did great kid!
0
0

Tam(Tommy)’s Answer

I can answer two questions from this thread from experience

1. For your emotion, it always good to remind yourself you are giving your all and regardless of the outcome, you did your best. When thing goes wrong, remember that complication is not always predictable. Never blame yourself for those scenarios and cherish the patient to your best ability. They will be very thankful even if their gestures are not matching

2. I would say facility care is the best in term of sustaining the patient health. The Home Care is better for their mental health and need for family connection.
0