4
Asked 366 views

About Career

When I was starting to learn something new or already have, I am learning that, after sometime my Interest gone away but I have interest to learn something like new technologies but I don't have an interest after sometime. What I can do for this. Is there any solution for this.

4

1

Eric’s Answer

Bharath, for some people deciding a career comes easily and quickly while for others it comes more slowly. It is fine to enjoy a stage in your life where you can explore the world around you and discover your place in it while not knowing with certainty what your career future will be. This discovery and exploration should be enjoyed. Deep within each of us are talents and passions that are unique to us and discovering those should be a joy. Part of your exploration might be taking a few classes at a community college to see if any of the subjects are of interest. You might also learn a trade or begin working part-time in a field that might interest you. Part of your exploration and discovery should also be non-academic. You might learn a new hobby, take up a new sport or join a club where you can participate with other young adults in an activity of interest, such as mountain biking, rock climbing, public speaking, or woodworking. Hopefully, by participating in such activities and learning new subjects, you will learn about your academic strengths, what your passions are, and in what environments you best interact with others. Learning how you work best with others should shed light on what type of career to choose since nearly every career requires some level of interaction and collaboration with others. I hope you enjoy your journey of discovery and find it rewarding as you learn about your unique talents and passions.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Bharath
1
0

Juan José’s Answer

After 16 years of professional career, I keep feeling somehow lost about what I really would like to do in my professional career, and I know people with more than 30 years of professional career with the same doubts, so don´t feel bad for having doubts about what to do in your career.

If I could go back in time I would choose my career in something I would like to do, a job I would even do for free, more than the possible income or promising future a determined career can have.

If you have doubts about which career or studies to pursue, always put what you really like to do in the equation, because in the long term is what will make you have a better career and happy life.

In case you are like me and don´t have clear what you really like to do, you need to keep trying new things at all levels (jobs, hobbies, self-analysis, etc...) to have knowledge about much areas as possible, until you will be able to find what you would really like to develop in your professional career.
0
0

Oyagiri’s Answer

You probably are too focused on finding a career path that you exert too much pressure on yourself. Take a step back and relax, take an inventory on all the things you have done and ask questions like, - at what point did I lose interest, why was I interested in the first place, were these things really what you wanted to do? These questions would help you in understanding where you are. It could also be that you never really was interested, maybe it was somebody else' interest you picked up. Whether it is a skill you are trying to acquire, be sure you know what you are venturing into. Don't force yourself to learn or stay interested, take it slowly. Don't try to rush the process, it begins to seem boring. Start slow, take a break and try to have fun in between.
Remember to always do you and not what somebody else wants. Their interests can bore you. Find something you are really good at and focus on that instead.
Hope this helps..
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the help. Bharath
0
0

Okenwa’s Answer

Dear Bharath, This happens to almost everybody, sometimes when you're putting too much pressure on yourself to learn a new skill you always get discouraged or bored along the way, then you lose total interest, but let this not prevent you from learning a new skill, When something like this happens, try and remember the main reason why you wanted to learn the skill in the first place, and please try as much as possible to learn skills that you enjoy.
when something similar happened to me I always had to find people who also had similar interests in learning the skill and we all try to learn the skill together while holding each other accountable.
Just take it easy on yourself!.
Thank you comment icon I'm excited to put your great advice to good use! Bharath
0