5
Asked 154 views

#Fall 22 What would be the most challenging aspects of being a Health Care Assistant ??

What would be the most challenging aspects of being a Health Care Assistant ?

5

0

Shannon’s Answer

Some people find it challenging to be on the low end of the career ladder. Patients, families and other healthcare workers will sometimes treat an MA, CNA or HCA like they know nothing. If you want to do this job for your whole life, don't let this stop you.
Some people find it challenging to do this job with minimal education. The answer to this is to ask a lot of questions, read journals you find at work (or the library) and generally show your co-workers that you want to learn more . They'll teach you once they see your interest. This really helps someone who's working their way up the ladder toward better jobs.
Some people find the pay to be a challenge. The internet is full of ways to live frugally. No it's not fair.
Some people find the work itself to be less than pleasant sometimes. You have to get very personal with the patients in some settings, like giving showers or bed-baths. You might not enjoy cleaning up bodily fluids. People working in hospitals & nursing homes have the worst of this, bless them. In a doctor's office it's generally less intense. Your workplace will supply the protective garments & equipment but someone still has to do the work. Consider this carefully before starting school and before applying for jobs.
Thank you comment icon I will use this advice as I prepare for my career. Sajana
0
0

Anneliese’s Answer

Working in healthcare brings with it a lot of both personal and professional challenges. What any given person finds most challenging is hard to predict, but one of the most frequently discussed challenges is the disparity between a healthcare worker's desire to help and the resources available to do so. If you go into this field, I recommend that you learn quickly to balance healthy detachment and empathy so that you can still care but don't burn out because you're frustrated with lack of funds, insurance complications, and the complexities of using impersonal systems to solve personal problems. Having a mental health therapist already helping you develop emotional resilience will be your greatest asset in this area. If you want to support others, make sure you have support for yourself.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice, Anneliese. Sajana
0
0

Dr Prashant’s Answer

The patient is the one who you have to attend well , work hard on him and satisfy him and your goals would be achieved well
Thank you comment icon Thank you for giving me advice. Sajana
0
0

I am not myself in the Healthcare industry. However, my wife has been her entire career. In just talking in general to her I would have to say the most challenging part are the rules, resources, and process steps that need to be followed. Also, at the end of the day the patient outcome can be a great and warm experience or you need to be prepared that the patient outcome will not go the way you might like it to go. You have to be prepared for that challenge as well.
Thank you comment icon Thank you, Michael for the advice. Sajana
0