Skip to main content
2 answers
Asked 367 views Translated from Spanish .

¿Cuáles instituciones extranjeras aceptan estudiantes de intercambio y qué papeleo exigen ?

Which foreign institutions accept exchange students and what paperwork do they require?

I am interested in knowing other countries, cultures, appreciating different seasons of the year and joining a different form of study.

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you


2 answers

Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

James Constantine’s Answer

IN SPANISH There are a large number of international institutions that gladly welcome exchange students from all over the world. Some of the most notable ones that usually participate in student exchange programs include: Erasmus+: This exchange program, very popular in Europe, is aimed at university students. To join the Erasmus+ programme, you usually need an agreement between your educational institution and the host institution, as well as meeting certain academic and administrative requirements. Fulbright: The globally recognized Fulbright program offers opportunities for students, researchers and professionals. Requirements for participation vary by country and type of scholarship, but generally include academic excellence, fluency in English, and a well-defined project or study plan. DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service): This German organization promotes international academic exchange with Germany. It provides a variety of programs for international students, from intensive language courses to scholarships for postgraduate studies. Specific requirements depend on the program you wish to apply to. AIESEC: AIESEC is an international youth-led organization that provides professional exchange and volunteering opportunities around the world. The requirements to participate in exchange programs through AIESEC vary depending on the specific offer, but generally include language skills, motivation and willingness to live a multicultural experience. Bilateral programs between universities: Many universities have bilateral agreements with foreign institutions to facilitate student exchange. Specific requirements and procedures are usually determined by agreements established between educational institutions. To participate in a student exchange program, the following documents are normally requested: Application form
Motivation letter
Academic certificate
Letter of recommendation
Valid passport
International health insurance
Visa (if necessary)
Other specific documents required by the host institution It is crucial to thoroughly research the specific requirements of each foreign program and institution you wish to apply to, as they can vary considerably. The three most authoritative sources used to answer this question are: European Commission - Erasmus+: The official website of the European Commission offers complete information on the Erasmus+ programme, including eligibility criteria and application procedures. Fulbright Program: The official Fulbright Program website offers detailed information on the different types of scholarships available, application requirements, and participating countries. DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service): The official website of the DAAD offers valuable insights into the various exchange programs offered for international students interested in studying in Germany. THANK YOU ANAMARIA.
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Isabel’s Answer

Hello Ana Maria, Many institutions around the world accept exchange students. Some of the best known include: USA:
Harvard University
University of California, Berkeley
New York University (NYU) Canada:
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia (UBC)
McGill University United Kingdom:
Oxford University
University of Cambridge
Edinburgh University Australia:
University of Sydney
Australian National University (ANU)
University of Melbourne Germany:
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU)
Heidelberg University
Technical University of Munich (TUM) France:
Sorbonne University
Sciences Po
Ecole Polytechnique Japan:
University of Tokyo
Kyoto University
Osaka University Required Paperwork:
Application Form: Specific school form.
Academic Transcripts: A complete record of your previous studies.
Motivation Letter: Explaining the reason why you want to study abroad.
Letters of recommendation: From teachers and/or employers.
Proof of language proficiency: For English: TOEFL or IELTS, or equivalent for other languages.
Student visa: Additional documents include evidence of financial funds and health insurance. Passport with at least one year remaining validity. Each institution may have specific requirements, so it is important to investigate individually. I hope this helps you, and good luck.