Career Questions tagged Laboratory

Anthony T.’s Avatar
Anthony T. Jul 24 28 views
Anthony T.’s Avatar
Anthony T. Jul 24 37 views
Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Jun 11, 2018 197 views

Is it necessary to minor in chemistry if I am interested in the criminal forensic laboratory field?

Hello, I am a current student at Xavier University located in Cincinnati, Ohio (Go Muskies!). I am double major in criminal justice and psychology and will hope to complete Xavier University with a bachelor degree in science. With my immense passion for justice, I want to take my bachelor...

#xavieru #xavieruniveristy #jesuitcollege #criminal #laboratory #chemistry #lowincome #lab #musketeer #science #criminaljustice #scholarship #1kscholarship #studentloan #financialaid #fafsa #psychology

Sarahfina P.’s Avatar
Sarahfina P. May 20, 2016 320 views

As a scientist, how do you find a job that allows you to study the material, but pays well?

From what I've hear, the higher paying jobs are mostly paper pushing, or directing other research, not hands on work. #scientist #science #laboratory #career #career-counseling...

#higher-education

farha B.’s Avatar
farha B. May 20, 2016 371 views
jignesh S.’s Avatar
jignesh S. May 19, 2016 531 views

How do I become a scientist?

I want know about scientist lab and what are they doing with chemicals? #teaching #technology #science #laboratory...

#higher-education

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 27, 2017 293 views

Tips for getting into psychology labs?

I'm an undergraduate right now, and I've heard it's essential to have lab experience to get into Ph.D programs. What kinds of things should I put on a resume to get accepted into these labs? How should I go about contacting the directors of the labs? I'm okay playing politics in these...

#research #graduate-school #laboratory #resume #psychology

Azandia T.’s Avatar
Azandia T. Feb 21, 2017 371 views

How much does a forensic scientist get paid monthly

Onyinye I.’s Avatar
Onyinye I. May 23, 2016 719 views

Can I use my BS in Biology when I graduate to work as a forensic tech? If so, what hard and soft skills are required?

I want to work while attending graduate school for Crime Scene Investigation. I am currently taking organic chemistry where I will be learning about the GC mass spectrometer. I also have other laboratory skills I have learned in college. #career #biology #career-counseling #forensic #laboratory...

#lab-technician

surekha C.’s Avatar
surekha C. May 12, 2016 444 views

How do I become a lab technician?

I completed lab technician #laboratory...

#lab-technician

Mary H.’s Avatar
Mary H. Mar 21, 2017 478 views

Is it possible to study Medicine after undertaking a bachelaor deree in Medical Laboratory science and Biotecnology?

I study Chinese in Taiwan and after I finished my one year of studying Chinese language I want to study Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology because it is the only program offered in English besides engineering courses. However my dream is to study Medicine. #medicine #biotechnology...

#laboratory

Bryan L.’s Avatar
Bryan L. Oct 31, 2016 400 views

How essential is your degree type (BS, MS, Phd) in the research field?

I would like to know how the different degree types could impact my role in the research field. Is there an incentive to continuing my education past a bachelor's degree? #science #research #biochemistry #laboratory...

#lab-technician

Bryan L.’s Avatar
Bryan L. Oct 31, 2016 350 views

What boundaries, if any, can limit a Research Assistant's role in conducting experiments to produce results?

I would like to know how successful I can expect to be as a Research Assistant. My goal is to study Biochemistry and work in a laboratory finding cures for diseases. My dream is to incorporate my passion for science into a career that will provide unlimited growth and success. #science...

#laboratory #research #biochemistry

Megan G.’s Avatar
Megan G. Oct 30, 2016 406 views

Which do you find better when it comes to the pharmacy world, working in a research lab or a pharmacy in a drug store/hospital?

I have been accepted into a pre-pharmacy program and I am hoping to finish school with a Pharm-D. I feel that a research lab will be better for me because I want to help in finding things like the cure to cancer or the cure to Alzheimer's and I believe that the cure is in medicine. I want to...

#pharmacist #pharmacy #medical-research #research #pharmd #laboratory #medicine #pharmacists

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 485 views

How much room is there for me to grow?

I really enjoy team management too, so I was wondering if I would be able to be promoted or move up after so many years of experience. I would also need to know if a lot of team work goes on in the laboratory. #science #biology #management #chemistry #laboratory #team-leadership #teamwork...

#forensic-scientist

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 446 views

What does a regular work day of forensic scientists consist of?

I want to know how often I will be preforming experiments, collecting data, analyzing data, or collaborating with a team so that I know that it is the best fit for me. #science #biology #chemistry #criminology #laboratory #crime-scene-investigator #forensic-science...

#teamwork

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 334 views

Are there only certain forensic scientists that are asked to go crime scenes to investigate and gather data?

I am physically disabled and I enjoy and prefer working in lab settings. I wouldn't be comfortable with going to crime scenes and having to be extra careful with my steps or worrying about how I will help gather evidence if I have to squat or be in positions that are difficult for me to get in....

#science #criminology #crime-scene-investigator #detective #forensic-science #laboratory #chemistry #biology

Amanda M.’s Avatar
Amanda M. Oct 25, 2016 734 views

With a forensic science degree with a concentration in biology, what is to be expected job-wise?

I intend to major in forensic science (biology, not chemistry), but even after quite a lot of research, I'm finding it quite difficult figuring out what exactly one does if they have biology as the concentration (for the major). I prefer biology over chemistry, so I'm just wondering if a major...

#forensics #analyst #evidence #crime-scene-investigator #laboratory #chemistry #biology #forensic-analysis

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Oct 22, 2016 512 views

What are some careers that involve both the science and medical fields but are more based in a lab setting?

Im asking because I am interested in the medical field and the science field and I want to know what types of careers involve these two fields #medicine #science #biomedical...

#laboratory

Cheyanne L.’s Avatar
Cheyanne L. Oct 22, 2016 302 views

Is it smart to take advantage of a Build-Your-Own-Program at a college you're interested in?

My dream college doesn't offer my exact degree (Medical Laboratory technology). However, they have a system that if they do not offer your degree, they have a "build your own program". Is it smart to do so? Will the program here be less valuable than a school who already offers the program?...

#technology #college-admissions #choosing-a-major #laboratory #medicine #college-majors #college

Silas T.’s Avatar
Silas T. Aug 03, 2016 522 views

Is a better choice to graduate in a school with a biotechnology program or a school that has just a biology major and concentration in Biotech

Am a junior college student majoring in Biotechnology. Am asking my question because I want to make a better choice for my degree #tech #marine-biology #biotechnology #laboratory...

#forensic-analysis

Onyinye I.’s Avatar
Onyinye I. May 23, 2016 378 views

What are the needed skill set required for forensic science careers?

I am a biology major. I became interested in forensics due to loving many science subjects. I became torn when I looked over careers that dealt with all the different fields of science. It was only when I took criminology that I started to look at the forensics field. I am really looking...

#crime #laboratory #biology #forensic

Mira S.’s Avatar
Mira S. May 19, 2016 453 views

In your personal opinion, is it better to do research with a company or a university? Why?

I know that I want to be a researcher. I have been thinking about neurology, but I know it will be in the biological field. I am just unsure about whether or not I want to work as a professor at a university or a scientist at a company. I know there are pros and cons to both. My father is a...

#research #graduate-school #science #laboratory #college

Cristian S.’s Avatar
Cristian S. May 15, 2016 492 views

What are the steps that a virologist under goes to investigate an unknown virus?

My interest career wise is investigation. I'm less than 3 months away to start my bachelors degree in Biology and I have been thinking into what branch I'll be delving in to once I finish it. One of them is virology. I understand that this studies the deseases that viruses cause in an organism....

#virology #life-sciences #microbiology #environmental-science #laboratory #chemistry #biology #environment

tia F.’s Avatar
tia F. May 13, 2016 346 views

I plan to start a career forensic chemistry, what types of jobs will I be doing after I graduate.

I would like to know what I will be expecting after Graduation #laboratory...

#field-work

meghan S.’s Avatar
meghan S. Apr 26, 2016 704 views

How did you decide on your career?

Hi, i am in 9th grade and constantly worry about my future. I am always online googling information that i hope will give me something to let me know that i would be useful in a certain profession. I want to understand how people came to choose their professions, without knowing if they would...

#technology #animals #photography #modeling #surgeon #laboratory #veterinarian #anesthesiologist