How to pay for college
- Inquire about jobs on campus. Some will subsidize some of the tuition costs.
- Look for a place with the least amount of rent to live
Becoming a software engineer
- Submit application for internship programs via your school or small to large companies you're interested in
- Build Coding profile by participating in coding competitions like Topcoder.
Look for career opportunities
Not die this semester
- Make sure to eat
- Make sure to sleep enough
Get an internship
- build resume
College decisions that must be made
- Figure out the process of picking a roommate
- Fully commit to a college
Find an internship in technology
- Find people in tech that may know where to begin looking
- Build a resume that looks good to companies
Picking a profession
- Meet with professionals from both of my career choices
- Partake in internships
- Shadow someone in the field
- Become a teacher and teach the next generation the right way to address inequality.
Preparing for College :)
- To find a roommate and become good friends beforehand
- -Have a summer plan (working or interning)
- NYU Med
- research colleges, find which college suits me
Survive first year!
- Join a club or student society
- Apply for scholarships
- Find a NCARB accredited college / university or community college that offers a transfer agreement with a NCARB accredited program (this is important if you ever want to become a licensed architect).
- If you are already a creative (you do not need to be), assemble your work into a portfolio. This can include simple sketches, graphic design, photography, actual art, etc. This could help with scholarship opportunities when applying to a college / university. Again - you do not need to be a creative, I received my scholarships through writing because I did not have a portfolio at the time.
Get Into Graduate School
- Purdue University
- University of Florida
- Take an interest and aptitude test
- Shadow a graduate student
Topics I want to learn about
- Memory allocation
- Definitely join linkedin and reach out to employees at those companies to learn more about the field. Get a mentor in the field by applying to programs like Streetwise Partners, America Needs You.
Research These Careers
- I am not specifically familiar with these two locations, but there are many careers that involve math and science. For example, electrical/mechanical/chemical/biomedical engineering, several careers at NASA involve math and science (not sure if they have any branches in Roanoke or Winston, medical lab technologist, pharmaceuticals (chemist). Are you open to looking at other geographical locations?
- Full Stack Developer
- Figure out which colleges have the majors that I want
- Know what would make me competitive for future colleges wanting to attend
Grade 12 DP YEAR
- Achieve a mid 30 points for IB Diploma
- Apply for Scholarships
Get an internship
- Find an internship
- Get into the intership
- find colleges
- There are many careers in the Medical Device industry that use both math and science skills.
- I would suggest reaching out to college professors regarding available career paths and then talk to people in that industry
Potential Path to Becoming an Educator
- Ask questions on CareerVillage about becoming a teacher/educator
- Consult educators and ask them about their field and their experiences with the career in real life
- Take Myers-Briggs assessment
- Check out Green360
My Third List
- I want to attend Cal Poly SLO, Stanford, UC Berkeley. or Syracuse University
- Create a study group
- Get Driver's Permit/License
Sign up for college in winter/spring
Get a 4.0 by the end of senior year
- Expand my friend circle to at least two new people
- Look into human bio at Canada college for 11th grade summer
4+ million learners use CareerVillage to get career advice.About us
What are some careers in the medical field that don’t directly involve being with patients?
Is research needed in college
How to get opportunities for research ?
- designer x 5201
- liveandlearn x 3602
- college x 3500
- covid-19 x 3432
- covid19 x 3103
- career x 2442
- medicine x 2369
- robertolozano x 2322
- engineering x 1659
- business x 1647