I want to become a software engineer but my school does not offer CAT,CS or IT so what should I do?
I want to study software engineering in university but my school does not offer computer related subjects and I'm afraid of going to university without knowing the basics and my parents refused to transfer me to a school which offers IT because the school has a bad reputation. So what do I do now? My teacher said I can go to another school and do an 8th subjects but I'm not sure if I'll be able to balance or if it will be worth it.
5 answers
Siva’s Answer
Great to see your interest to learn and become software engineer. Don't worry about your school not offering CS courses. You don't need have them to get admission in college. Universities usually offer beginner programming courses to help you learn besides there are lot of material available free on youtube, search youtube or chatgpt for the following topic. - Basic Programing, Data Structures, Explain Object Oriented programming and use them to learn and uplevel yourself
Dima’s Answer
You don't have to study CAT, CS, or IT to become a software engineer. Just concentrate on doing well in Maths and Physical Sciences. Try learning some basic programming by yourself when you have free time. Adding an 8th subject could be helpful, but only if you can handle it without stress. I wouldn't recommend changing schools just for IT, especially if the new school isn't well-regarded. You can always learn the basics on your own and catch up when you get to university.
Gwen’s Answer
Mrinal’s Answer
Depending on your interests, you can start with beginner programming languages like C, C++, Java, .Net, or Python. Later, you can explore web development languages and frameworks like HTML, Node.js, and React.
With your school schedule, try learning on weekends or during holiday breaks. Also, check your local library for beginner books on computers or programming. These, along with online resources, can be very helpful.