Career Questions tagged Software Engineering

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 28 56 views

What Type of Personality, Work Ethic and Interests would Suit a Biomedical Engineer?

Once again I've been rethinking my options. I was very set on choosing software engineering, as it's a lucrative profession that does stimulate my interest in many ways. Biomedical Engineering, however, has also created a curiosity that I can't think but ignore. As someone who loves programming...

#stem #technology #biomedical-engineering #software-engineering

Heather J.’s Avatar
Heather J. Jan 26 89 views

What's the best way for a beginner to learn software testing and get started working in this profession?

I'm an adult learner with a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline (Social Science) that is seeking a mentor for transitioning my career into Software Testing #software #technology #computer #softwaretesting #qa #software-development...

#software-engineering

Joan F.’s Avatar
Joan F. Nov 12, 2019 98 views
Dayalis P.’s Avatar
Dayalis P. Nov 08, 2019 67 views
Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 91 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

#backend-development #python #software-development #programming #software-engineering #web-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 93 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 102 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 160 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Chase S.’s Avatar
Chase S. Mar 20, 2019 127 views
Jason H.’s Avatar
Jason H. Mar 17, 2019 185 views
Akira T.’s Avatar
Akira T. Mar 15, 2019 182 views
Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 12, 2018 233 views

What is like being such a well know company for videogames and is it hard?

I am asking this because video game creating has always interested me. How such made things flow so well like a movie and run so smooth. #video-games #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

Aaron Q.’s Avatar
Aaron Q. Apr 02, 2018 365 views

What types of jobs are the best for college students who plan on double majoring?

I am asking this question because I am currently a double major in the fields that my high school specialize in. I plan on majoring in Computer Science and Software Engineering. I am a very busy person as it is, and I'll need a solid source of income when I get into college. #funding...

#software-engineering #engineering #computerscience

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 344 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

#software-engineering #women-in-stem #programmer #computer-science #women-in-tech

Joel A.’s Avatar
Joel A. Mar 19, 2018 317 views

Is it smart to go to two different colleges?

I am seeking a Master's Degree in software engineering, with a side degree in video game development. In order to obtain both, I would need to attend one school, get a Master's Degree, and then attend another school that has video game development degrees. Is this a smart idea? Or should I...

#college #software-engineering #wisdom

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Mar 14, 2018 240 views

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs? #california #engineering #berkeley #first-job #degree #major...

#software-engineering

Pogba C.’s Avatar
Pogba C. Mar 12, 2018 213 views

What career in software engineering pays the most money?

There are different careers in software engineering, out of all of them which one benefits you the most in like pay....

#software-engineering

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018 466 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

#software-engineering #machine-learning #analytics #computer-software #big-data #data-analysis #computer-engineering #data-science #engineering

Niya R.’s Avatar
Niya R. Jan 22, 2018 348 views

Does Software Engineering require a lot of math?

I'm a part of the ITA academy in my school and I'm still deciding on what I want my career to be, I'm curious if Software Engineering requires a lot of math, I'm oookaay at math but not the best so I just wanted to know if there is a lot of math involved. Also I want to know if being a Software...

#information-technology #technology #software-engineering

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jan 18, 2018 263 views

Will the field of software engineering continue to grow after I graduate?

I have studied aspects of software engineering throughout high school. It really interests me and presently is a growing field. I would like to know if it will continue to grow or if it might be a good idea for me to look at focusing on another engineering field that will continue to grow...

#software-engineering

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 15, 2017 712 views

Introverts in Engineering?

I'm curious about whether which engineering majors require more presenting and talking to large groups in both college/university and the real world. I just heard that mechanical has a lot of presenting ideas and would like to know about the other engineering majors. #engineering...

#chemical-engineer #industrial-engineering #civil-engineering #software-engineering #mechanical-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017 462 views

Is being a software engineer a good job for the future?

i want to be a software engineer because technology is becoming the thing on earth now and being good at software would help alot. #technology #computer-software #software #software-engineering...

#software-industry

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017 595 views

What are the courses that need to be taken for a software engineer?

I want to start collage early because i think i need a lot of courses to do. #technology #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017 590 views

What are some software engineers' work stories?

So I could see if i would like to keep going with my future work.. #technology #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017 768 views

What is the beginners salary for a software engineer?

I want to know how much I will be getting $. #technology #money #software #software-engineering...

#computer-software