Career Questions tagged Software Engineering

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 30 72 views

Is there Anyway to Turn a Passion for Networking and IT into an Extracurricular for University Applications

In my sophomore year, I took a networking class, which got me really interested in IT. Although I'm going for software engineering, I would like to showcase my passion for IT one way or another in the form of a material achievement that can be used on my University applications. Any...

#university #computer-networking #college-admissions #software-engineering #it

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29 111 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#networking #technology #software-engineering #computer-science

Aleena M.’s Avatar
Aleena M. May 13 167 views
Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 28 140 views

What Type of Personality, Work Ethic and Interests would Suit a Biomedical Engineer?

Once again I've been rethinking my options. I was very set on choosing software engineering, as it's a lucrative profession that does stimulate my interest in many ways. Biomedical Engineering, however, has also created a curiosity that I can't think but ignore. As someone who loves programming...

#stem #biomedical-engineering #technology #software-engineering

Heather J.’s Avatar
Heather J. Jan 26 127 views

What's the best way for a beginner to learn software testing and get started working in this profession?

I'm an adult learner with a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline (Social Science) that is seeking a mentor for transitioning my career into Software Testing #software #technology #computer #softwaretesting #qa #software-development...

#software-engineering

Joan F.’s Avatar
Joan F. Nov 12, 2019 129 views
Dayalis P.’s Avatar
Dayalis P. Nov 08, 2019 94 views
Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 121 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

#web-development #programming #python #software-development #backend-development #software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 118 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 134 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 198 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Chase S.’s Avatar
Chase S. Mar 20, 2019 145 views
Jason H.’s Avatar
Jason H. Mar 17, 2019 237 views
Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 12, 2018 263 views

What is like being such a well know company for videogames and is it hard?

I am asking this because video game creating has always interested me. How such made things flow so well like a movie and run so smooth. #video-games #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

Aaron Q.’s Avatar
Aaron Q. Apr 02, 2018 398 views

What types of jobs are the best for college students who plan on double majoring?

I am asking this question because I am currently a double major in the fields that my high school specialize in. I plan on majoring in Computer Science and Software Engineering. I am a very busy person as it is, and I'll need a solid source of income when I get into college. #funding...

#engineering #computerscience #software-engineering

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018 377 views

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

#computer-science #programmer #women-in-stem #software-engineering #women-in-tech

Joel A.’s Avatar
Joel A. Mar 19, 2018 335 views

Is it smart to go to two different colleges?

I am seeking a Master's Degree in software engineering, with a side degree in video game development. In order to obtain both, I would need to attend one school, get a Master's Degree, and then attend another school that has video game development degrees. Is this a smart idea? Or should I...

#wisdom #college #software-engineering

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Mar 14, 2018 267 views

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs? #california #engineering #berkeley #first-job #degree #major...

#software-engineering

Pogba C.’s Avatar
Pogba C. Mar 12, 2018 246 views

What career in software engineering pays the most money?

There are different careers in software engineering, out of all of them which one benefits you the most in like pay....

#software-engineering

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018 516 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

#big-data #analytics #engineering #software-engineering #data-analysis #machine-learning #computer-software #data-science #computer-engineering

Niya R.’s Avatar
Niya R. Jan 22, 2018 369 views

Does Software Engineering require a lot of math?

I'm a part of the ITA academy in my school and I'm still deciding on what I want my career to be, I'm curious if Software Engineering requires a lot of math, I'm oookaay at math but not the best so I just wanted to know if there is a lot of math involved. Also I want to know if being a Software...

#technology #software-engineering #information-technology

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jan 18, 2018 277 views

Will the field of software engineering continue to grow after I graduate?

I have studied aspects of software engineering throughout high school. It really interests me and presently is a growing field. I would like to know if it will continue to grow or if it might be a good idea for me to look at focusing on another engineering field that will continue to grow...

#software-engineering