Career Questions tagged Software Engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

#backend-development #software-development #python #web-development #programming #software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Jason H.’s Avatar
Jason H. Mar 17
Akira T.’s Avatar
Akira T. Mar 15
Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 12, 2018

What is like being such a well know company for videogames and is it hard?

I am asking this because video game creating has always interested me. How such made things flow so well like a movie and run so smooth. #video-games #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

Aaron Q.’s Avatar
Aaron Q. Apr 02, 2018

What types of jobs are the best for college students who plan on double majoring?

I am asking this question because I am currently a double major in the fields that my high school specialize in. I plan on majoring in Computer Science and Software Engineering. I am a very busy person as it is, and I'll need a solid source of income when I get into college. #funding...

#engineering #computerscience #software-engineering

Yingyi Z.’s Avatar
Yingyi Z. Apr 01, 2018

What are some possible job position with CS degree?

Hello, I am going to CS major. I wonder what are some job positions with a CS degree. What is annual salary for those jobs? Is it easy to find those job? How should I apply for a job? Does the company I worked for matter? What are some great quality of a company I should look for?...

#programmer #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #computer-science #software-engineering

Joel A.’s Avatar
Joel A. Mar 19, 2018

Is it smart to go to two different colleges?

I am seeking a Master's Degree in software engineering, with a side degree in video game development. In order to obtain both, I would need to attend one school, get a Master's Degree, and then attend another school that has video game development degrees. Is this a smart idea? Or should I...

#wisdom #college #software-engineering

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Mar 14, 2018

In California, do CSU or UC campuses have the better engineering program?

I would like to kick start a career in engineering, any suggestions of what to major in to make job hunting easier later on? Also what were your experience with California public school programs? #california #engineering #berkeley #first-job #degree #major...

#software-engineering

Pogba C.’s Avatar
Pogba C. Mar 12, 2018

What career in software engineering pays the most money?

There are different careers in software engineering, out of all of them which one benefits you the most in like pay....

#software-engineering

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

#data-science #computer-engineering #software-engineering #machine-learning #data-analysis #analytics #engineering #big-data #computer-software

Niya R.’s Avatar
Niya R. Jan 22, 2018

Does Software Engineering require a lot of math?

I'm a part of the ITA academy in my school and I'm still deciding on what I want my career to be, I'm curious if Software Engineering requires a lot of math, I'm oookaay at math but not the best so I just wanted to know if there is a lot of math involved. Also I want to know if being a Software...

#information-technology #technology #software-engineering

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jan 18, 2018

Will the field of software engineering continue to grow after I graduate?

I have studied aspects of software engineering throughout high school. It really interests me and presently is a growing field. I would like to know if it will continue to grow or if it might be a good idea for me to look at focusing on another engineering field that will continue to grow...

#software-engineering

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 15, 2017

Introverts in Engineering?

I'm curious about whether which engineering majors require more presenting and talking to large groups in both college/university and the real world. I just heard that mechanical has a lot of presenting ideas and would like to know about the other engineering majors. #engineering...

#industrial-engineering #software-engineering #chemical-engineer #civil-engineering #mechanical-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017

Is being a software engineer a good job for the future?

i want to be a software engineer because technology is becoming the thing on earth now and being good at software would help alot. #technology #computer-software #software #software-engineering...

#software-industry

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017

What are the courses that need to be taken for a software engineer?

I want to start collage early because i think i need a lot of courses to do. #technology #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017

What are some software engineers' work stories?

So I could see if i would like to keep going with my future work.. #technology #computer-software #software...

#software-engineering

hadi G.’s Avatar
hadi G. Oct 10, 2017

What is the beginners salary for a software engineer?

I want to know how much I will be getting $. #technology #money #software #software-engineering...

#computer-software

ian B.’s Avatar
ian B. Oct 12, 2017

What programming languages must you know for IT management or software engineer?

I know a couple languages, mostly high level but I was wondering If I have to learn C or C++ or ABC . I know python, bootstrap, html, css, java script, learning ruby and rails, and I am learning php and sql. #software-engineering #technology #web-development #computer-software #software...

#css #java #it-management #html #coding #javascript

Victor O.’s Avatar
Victor O. Sep 01, 2017

The Competition in Computer Engineering

I have been looking to study computer engineering more specifically software engineering in college and I want to know how competitive this program generally is. #technology #computer-software #software-engineering...

#information-technology

Jayashankar M.’s Avatar
Jayashankar M. Apr 29, 2016

What are things I have to do to become a perfect Engineer?

Balram B.’s Avatar
Balram B. Apr 28, 2016

How do I become a Software Engineer ?

I am in 10th Class and i love to work on diffrent Projects releted to computers. I have design Websites, Blogs, Youtube Channel and Mobile App. #engineer #software-engineering #computer-software...

#software