Career Questions tagged Software Engineering

Albin L.’s Avatar
Albin L. Nov 02, 2021 125 views
joshua R.’s Avatar
joshua R. Oct 25, 2021 96 views

How long does it typically take to develope a game?

Would you have to buy software or is it just difficult all together? video-games software-engineering...

computer

Zihao D.’s Avatar
Zihao D. Oct 05, 2021 136 views

What jobs are there that does a lot of coding?

I'm a senior in highschool that is taking AP computer science to learn about coding. career...

software-engineering

Yahel C.’s Avatar
Yahel C. Jul 08, 2021 255 views
Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 30, 2020 440 views

Is there Anyway to Turn a Passion for Networking and IT into an Extracurricular for University Applications

In my sophomore year, I took a networking class, which got me really interested in IT. Although I'm going for software engineering, I would like to showcase my passion for IT one way or another in the form of a material achievement that can be used on my University applications. Any...

university it computer-networking college-admissions software-engineering

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29, 2020 450 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

networking software-engineering computer-science technology

Aleena M.’s Avatar
Aleena M. May 13, 2020 452 views
Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 28, 2020 344 views

What Type of Personality, Work Ethic and Interests would Suit a Biomedical Engineer?

Once again I've been rethinking my options. I was very set on choosing software engineering, as it's a lucrative profession that does stimulate my interest in many ways. Biomedical Engineering, however, has also created a curiosity that I can't think but ignore. As someone who loves programming...

biomedical-engineering software-engineering technology stem

Heather J.’s Avatar
Heather J. Jan 26, 2020 532 views

What's the best way for a beginner to learn software testing and get started working in this profession?

I'm an adult learner with a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline (Social Science) that is seeking a mentor for transitioning my career into Software Testing software technology computer softwaretesting QA software-development...

software-engineering

Joan F.’s Avatar
Joan F. Nov 12, 2019 324 views
Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 660 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

programming backend-development software-engineering python web-development software-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 733 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 347 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 386 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? software technology software-development software-engineer...

software-engineering