Career Questions tagged Java

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 315 views

What professions would it be helpful to have a dual major in computer science and mathematics?

I'm wanting a dual major in computer science and mathematics. What kind of jobs will want or appreciate both of these degrees? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming #education #teaching #teacher...

#dualmajor

Amanda R.’s Avatar
Amanda R. Apr 18, 2018 255 views

Is a dual major in Computer Science and Math a good combination?

I'm currently graduating from community college, ready to transfer to the university. My associates will be in Java. Are math and computer science a good dual major? I'm also minoring in education. #stem #stem-education #java #math #mathematics #computer-science #computer-programming...

#teacher #education #dualmajor #teaching

Victoria A.’s Avatar
Victoria A. Feb 18, 2018 342 views

Job for self-taught junior java developer?

What is the best way for a self-taught Java developer without degree in computer science to get hands on the real project to gain experience? #java #java-development...

#core-java

Terryn B.’s Avatar
Terryn B. Jan 17, 2018 239 views

How difficult is it to transition from Android to Apple application development?

I have developed several Android and Amazon applications but am interested in releasing on the Apple Store as well. #android #apply #technology #programming #swift...

#java

ian B.’s Avatar
ian B. Oct 12, 2017 545 views

What programming languages must you know for IT management or software engineer?

I know a couple languages, mostly high level but I was wondering If I have to learn C or C++ or ABC . I know python, bootstrap, html, css, java script, learning ruby and rails, and I am learning php and sql. #software-engineering #technology #web-development #computer-software #software...

#html #javascript #css #java #coding #it-management

Thompson B.’s Avatar
Thompson B. Feb 24, 2017 649 views

Is proficiency in Java enough to get you placed in good company?

I'm a graduate student(MS Computer Science) and I'm gonna be graduating in a year and a half and I wanted to know if there is any skill that I must have besides Java. I would like to know what are the other programming languages/skills that any employer can expect from a potential employee with...

#software #career #computer-software #android #development #software-development #career-details #java #job-application #personal-development

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Feb 17, 2017 596 views

When employers list a specific GPA requirement, is it final?

I ask this because I am a electrical engineering major and I don't have a 3.0 GPA, which seems to be the threshold for most companies looking to hire college students. I would like to apply for most companies but I do not meet this requirement. I want to note that I usually don't meet this...

#entry-level #computer-science #internships #tech #java

Paul V.’s Avatar
Paul V. Dec 31, 2016 583 views

How can I improve my algorithm thinking?

I struggle trying to create simple algorithms. For instance, I would spend almost an entire day trying to figure out how to print an inverse right triangle with asterisks in my computer programming class while my fellow peers would solve it in 30 mins. #computer-science #programming #java...

#critical-thinking

Colin B.’s Avatar
Colin B. Oct 21, 2016 599 views

What made you want to do CS?

I am a high school senior who has just started to learn the Java language. I"m curious as to what made professionals want to learn Computer Science? #computer-science #computer #japan #java #python...

#cs

Colin B.’s Avatar
Colin B. Oct 21, 2016 546 views

Do you prefer frontend or backend of your Computer Science oriented job? Why?

I am asking this because I am trying to discern which one I will prefer. I do not have very much knowledge or resources regarding which one will be more beneficial to what I would want to do. #computer-science #computer #japan #java #python...

#javascript

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Jun 21, 2016 566 views

Computer Programming. Where to go, what to do?

Hi! My name is Darren. I want to pursue a career in computer programming but I don't know where to start. What are the first few steps I should take? I know that a first computer language is needed but I don't know which would be the most effective or the easiest. (Java, C++, ect...) What...

#operating-systems #java #computer-hardware #website-creation #developer #application-developer #programming

Logan  J.’s Avatar
Logan J. May 25, 2016 658 views

How difficult is it to find a job after college for computer programmers?

I want to go to college to learn how to program computers, but I'm wondering how the job market for computer programmers are? #computer #software #programming #java...

#developer

Nigel R.’s Avatar
Nigel R. May 18, 2016 634 views

How does one utilize HTML, CSS, and Java for computer science?

I was learning about HTML, CSS, and Java in school and at a computer tech camp called ID Tech Camp and was very interested in gaining an understanding on these computer languages. #computer #java #html...

#css

yogesh P.’s Avatar
yogesh P. Feb 26, 2016 602 views

How do I start right now to become an programmer?

I a sophomore in high school, and i am interested in learning as much as programming language as i can specially Java, and python. i tried many youtube course, and i get the basics of all of them, what would be my next move in becoming fluent with all the languages. #computers #java...

#python

Stéphanie  L.’s Avatar
Stéphanie L. Oct 21, 2015 1116 views

Is age a factor for hiring entry level computer engineers?

I am in my mid thirties with a Bachelor's degree in computer engineering but no professional experience. After graduation I worked in other fields just to gain a living. I am looking for a job as programmer, but my age and lack of hands on experience seem to block me. I had couple of...

#java #computer-science #computer-engineering #programming

Táo Tāo’s Avatar
Táo T. Feb 20, 2015 6874 views

Too good to be true opportunity? Java training and job placement.

I found on Dice.com a posting looking for Java/Android developer trainees. They almost cover anything including free training(5-7weeks), accommodation, seemingly 100% job placement(with 70K+ first year salary), seemingly H1B visa and Green Card sponsorship. This sounds too good to be true to...

#java #job #programming

Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Feb 10, 2014 44250 views

What programming language should I try to learn first?

I am just learning to program in high school, but I am already learning HTML and CSS and Javascript. What should my next programming language be? I am going to go to college and I would like to start learning my next language now so I can be ahead of things for college. I know that "it...

#computer-programming #ruby #software-development #java #python #programming