Career Questions tagged Computers

Kelley M.’s Avatar
Kelley M. Kelley M. Jan 15 213 views

Going back to work

Hi! My name is Kelley and I would like to go back to work soon, and I am in need of job training. I usually work as a General Office Clerk, but my current job skills are weak especially in Customer Service and I have always had major anxieties working with people. I prefer doing short projects...

#computers #generalofficeclerk

Cristian A.’s Avatar
Cristian A. Cristian A. Nov 05, 2020 218 views

I'm interested in computers. How can i get more information about the people in the community?

I would like to get to know how/what people do in the industry. How they make the hardware. I would like to get more information about this topic and other related topics. #technology #tech...

#computers

omar M.’s Avatar
omar M. omar M. Oct 29, 2020 121 views

How to I become a computer IT Technician?

With the advancement of technology and computers the need for IT's has risen greatly and I was wondering what tools I need to study to become an IT. Is there anything I can do in high school to prepare for this job? #computers #it...

#technician

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Kathy M. Aug 19, 2020 412 views

What does a software testing engineer do and how do you become one?

I'm learning html, css and javascript on my own and starting to look at job postings to see which areas of technology most interest me. I thought I'd be going the route of web development but I came across a post for a Manual Automation Tester and it sounds so interesting. Here's the...

#computers #databases #engineering #testing #agile #software

Gilberto A.’s Avatar
Gilberto A. Gilberto A. Aug 31, 2018 299 views

What does it take to start your own small business as a computer technician?

Barely started working on my Computer Information Systems degree, but I'd like to plan ahead in case I decide to go the "form my own business route." #technology, #computers, #hardware,...

#business

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 604 views

Best colleges for computer programming?

#computer-science #computer-programming #computers #major #college #college-major #programming Things you can consider for this specific question... What colleges are highly ranked for their computer programming track? Where did you earn your computer science/programming...

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018 393 views

What's the best computer science profession to pursue?

Should I go for computer programming, IT, computer technician, or anything else? I love working with computers and I'm not sure which one is the most fun or best paying. #computers #technology...

#it

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018 490 views

Which is a better profession to pursue: marching band or computer science?

I've been around computers all my life and I love working with them. However, it seems like it could be a lot of work and not much fun to do as a job. Marching band/music seems really fun, but I don't think it'd be worth it money-wise and I won't be able to do it my entire life unless I go into...

#music #band #computers #technology

VIL 2.’s Avatar
VIL 2. VIL 2. Jul 18, 2018 470 views

How are programmers using augmented reality? - Audrey

My name is Audrey, and I am way into computer science. I'm only in middle school, but I'm learning about computers and programming at the Verizon Innovative Learning STEM Camp for girls. Could a programmer or computer scientist utilize augmented reality? #computers #programming...

#ar #augmentedreality #verizoninnovativelearning #vr #computerscience #verizon

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 404 views

Best computer science colleges in Texas?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #computers...

#it #computer-science #cis #computer-programming #college #texas #college-major

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 396 views

Best colleges for computer science majors?

#it #computer-science #cis #computer-programming #college #college-major

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 397 views

Best computer science colleges in the US?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#computers #it #computer-science #science #programming

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 446 views

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #it...

#computers #undergraduate #computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 453 views

Is information systems a good major?

#information-systems #it #computers #computer-science #technology #college-major #college-majors

Dylan S.’s Avatar
Dylan S. Dylan S. Jan 17, 2018 744 views

People at Bobcat, what is it like?

I am highly considering applying for an internship at Bobcat. I would like to be a part of the design process or at least something that would make use of my skills with computers, math, and physics. #bobcat #internships #computers #math...

#physics

Rossel C.’s Avatar
Rossel C. Rossel C. Jan 16, 2018 871 views

Can a Major in CS be helpful for Premeds?

My goal is to become a physician, however, I want to major in CS as I'm interested in it as well. I don't know if I should just major in Biology instead of CS or if a major in CS would actually be more helpful. #medicine #technology #computer-science #healthcare #computers...