Career Questions tagged Computers

Gilberto A.’s Avatar
Gilberto A. Aug 31, 2018

What does it take to start your own small business as a computer technician?

Barely started working on my Computer Information Systems degree, but I'd like to plan ahead in case I decide to go the "form my own business route." #technology, #computers, #hardware,...

#business

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018

Best colleges for computer programming?

#computer-science #computer-programming #computers #major #college #college-major #programming Things you can consider for this specific question... What colleges are highly ranked for their computer programming track? Where did you earn your computer science/programming...

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018

What's the best computer science profession to pursue?

Should I go for computer programming, IT, computer technician, or anything else? I love working with computers and I'm not sure which one is the most fun or best paying. #computers #technology...

#it

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018

Which is a better profession to pursue: marching band or computer science?

I've been around computers all my life and I love working with them. However, it seems like it could be a lot of work and not much fun to do as a job. Marching band/music seems really fun, but I don't think it'd be worth it money-wise and I won't be able to do it my entire life unless I go into...

#computers #music #technology #band

VIL 2.’s Avatar
VIL 2. Jul 18, 2018

How are programmers using augmented reality? - Audrey

My name is Audrey, and I am way into computer science. I'm only in middle school, but I'm learning about computers and programming at the Verizon Innovative Learning STEM Camp for girls. Could a programmer or computer scientist utilize augmented reality? #computers #programming...

#ar #augmentedreality #verizoninnovativelearning #computerscience #vr #verizon

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018

Best computer science colleges in Texas?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #computers...

#cis #computer-programming #college #college-major #it #texas #computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018

Best colleges for computer science majors?

#cis #computer-programming #college #college-major #it #computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

Best computer science colleges in the US?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#computers #science #it #programming #computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #it...

#undergraduate #computers #computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018

Is information systems a good major?

#information-systems #technology #computers #college-majors #college-major #it #computer-science

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. May 17, 2018
Dylan S.’s Avatar
Dylan S. Jan 17, 2018

People at Bobcat, what is it like?

I am highly considering applying for an internship at Bobcat. I would like to be a part of the design process or at least something that would make use of my skills with computers, math, and physics. #bobcat #internships #computers #math...

#physics

Rossel C.’s Avatar
Rossel C. Jan 16, 2018

Can a Major in CS be helpful for Premeds?

My goal is to become a physician, however, I want to major in CS as I'm interested in it as well. I don't know if I should just major in Biology instead of CS or if a major in CS would actually be more helpful. #medicine #technology #computer-science #healthcare #computers...

Tayler G.’s Avatar
Tayler G. Jan 16, 2018

Should I get a laptop for college?

I know alot of students in college uses the computer for taking notes by putting it on vioce type. Which is really smart but the computer I have is really slow on take notes like that. So should I get a new one or should I keep the one I have? #college #computers #laptops...

#college-prep

Ivan R.’s Avatar
Ivan R. Jan 10, 2018

What is the daily life of a computer technician?

Currently, I am an 11th grader in high school and am wondering what it is like being a computer technician because I am currently looking for different career options in the field of technology and computers. #computers #engineering #computer-software...

#information-technology

Alexandru U.’s Avatar
Alexandru U. Jan 19, 2018

How hard is it to major in Computer Science/Programming?

I am planning to major in CS/Programming and I want to know how hard it will be....

#computers

Kim B.’s Avatar
Kim B. Jan 16, 2018

What kind of jobs can I pursue with a degree in Computer Science?

I am a female high school senior who has a passion for technology. I love computers and learning everything about it. I've decided to major in computer science but I don't exactly know what jobs there are to offer once I achieve that degree. #technology #computerscience #information-technology...

#college-majors #career #computers

Deshawn H.’s Avatar
Deshawn H. Dec 18, 2017

Does the Air Force or Army provide more computer based careers?

Hello, I'm wondering which branch of service provides more computer-based jobs once you enter. As I am considering joining the military I want to know which branch provides the more computer-based careers. Please detail to me the quality of the computer careers available and the chances of...

#military #army #air-force #computers #computer-software

Tyra I.’s Avatar
Tyra I. Feb 08, 2017

What are the skills I need to become a computer technologist?

My career is in computer technologies #facebook #computers #technology...

#information-technology

Jamai P.’s Avatar
Jamai P. Sep 01, 2017

What are some things I can do now, as a senior who is interested in PC Engineering?

Hi, I'm into #computers a lot and I have always wanted to be a Computer Hardware Engineer as my life career. As I am now getting older I understand more things about socializing and the importance of it. So I was wondering if there was any activities, groups, events, programs, etc that I could...

#computer-engineering #computer #computer-hardware

Jose N.’s Avatar
Jose N. Sep 01, 2017

Is computer science a popular major?

I want to major in Computer Science at my college, however, I've been wondering if it's even a major that a lot of people even attend. It's something that I love a lot. I love to learn about computers and work with them, and in a world that's becoming run by and managed by them, is it something...

#engineering #computers #computer-engineering #college-major #thinkaboutit

Jarrett F.’s Avatar
Jarrett F. Sep 01, 2017

What are the basic differences between a Computer Science major and a Computer Programming major?

I am interested in majoring in something to do with Computers, whether that be engineering, programming, etc, and I would like to know the basic differences between such majors. #computers...

#computer-science

Josephine C.’s Avatar
Josephine C. May 25, 2017

If you know coding, what high paying jobs are there?

I will be doing a coding internship over the summer and I was wondering if someone was to pursue it, what jobs can they land and if it gives good pay? #tech #coding...

#computers

vamshi P.’s Avatar
vamshi P. May 18, 2016

who is the father of the computer?

Susan H.’s Avatar
Susan H. Oct 30, 2016

What are the differences between a computer science and a computer engineering degree in regards to careers?

I am having trouble choosing between a computer science and a computer engineering degree. I understand the difference is a few classes. Yet what are the differences in opportunity between the two? #engineering #computer-engineering #computers...

#computerscience

Susan H.’s Avatar
Susan H. Oct 30, 2016

What careers can someone with a computer science degree get that allows them to work with animals?

I love to work with animals, but I have decided that getting a degree in computer science would be best for my future. Is there any career available that will allow me to work with both? #veterinary #animals #computers...

#computerscience

Veronica H.’s Avatar
Veronica H. Oct 26, 2016

Why is their negative stigma surrounding girls who want to major in STEM programs?

As a girl who grew up on numerous video games, I am so curious to why there is such a negative connotation of the phrase "Female Engineer." I am hoping to major in Computer Science at a large university but am so befuddled in the area of STEM careers and women. Why isn't there huge names of...

#stem #technology #computers #video-games #computer-programming #women #tech #computer-science