Career Questions tagged Computers

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19, 2021 123 views

What are some option I may have for going to college for programming? What options do I have for degrees and different colleges I can go to?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. college-major major computer-science college programming coding program...

technology computer-software tech computer computers microcomputerapplications

Kelley M.’s Avatar
Kelley M. Jan 15, 2021 287 views

Going back to work

Hi! My name is Kelley and I would like to go back to work soon, and I am in need of job training. I usually work as a General Office Clerk, but my current job skills are weak especially in Customer Service and I have always had major anxieties working with people. I prefer doing short projects...

generalofficeclerk computers

Cristian A.’s Avatar
Cristian A. Nov 05, 2020 291 views

I'm interested in computers. How can i get more information about the people in the community?

I would like to get to know how/what people do in the industry. How they make the hardware. I would like to get more information about this topic and other related topics. technology tech...

computers

omar M.’s Avatar
omar M. Oct 29, 2020 199 views

How to I become a computer IT Technician?

With the advancement of technology and computers the need for IT's has risen greatly and I was wondering what tools I need to study to become an IT. Is there anything I can do in high school to prepare for this job? computers IT...

technician

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Aug 19, 2020 514 views

What does a software testing engineer do and how do you become one?

I'm learning html, css and javascript on my own and starting to look at job postings to see which areas of technology most interest me. I thought I'd be going the route of web development but I came across a post for a Manual Automation Tester and it sounds so interesting. Here's the...

agile engineering testing computers databases software

Gilberto A.’s Avatar
Gilberto A. Aug 31, 2018 371 views

What does it take to start your own small business as a computer technician?

Barely started working on my Computer Information Systems degree, but I'd like to plan ahead in case I decide to go the "form my own business route." technology, computers, hardware,...

business

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 728 views

Best colleges for computer programming?

computer-science computer-programming computers major college college-major programming Things you can consider for this specific question... What colleges are highly ranked for their computer programming track? Where did you earn your computer science/programming...

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018 469 views

What's the best computer science profession to pursue?

Should I go for computer programming, IT, computer technician, or anything else? I love working with computers and I'm not sure which one is the most fun or best paying. computers technology...

it

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018 565 views

Which is a better profession to pursue: marching band or computer science?

I've been around computers all my life and I love working with them. However, it seems like it could be a lot of work and not much fun to do as a job. Marching band/music seems really fun, but I don't think it'd be worth it money-wise and I won't be able to do it my entire life unless I go into...

band music computers technology

VIL 2.’s Avatar
VIL 2. Jul 18, 2018 540 views

How are programmers using augmented reality? - Audrey

My name is Audrey, and I am way into computer science. I'm only in middle school, but I'm learning about computers and programming at the Verizon Innovative Learning STEM Camp for girls. Could a programmer or computer scientist utilize augmented reality? computers programming...

ar augmentedreality computerscience verizon verizoninnovativelearning vr

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 473 views

Best computer science colleges in Texas?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! computers...

college college-major texas cis it computer-programming computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018 456 views

Best colleges for computer science majors?

college college-major cis it computer-programming computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 486 views

Best computer science colleges in the US?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

programming it science computers computer-science

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 505 views

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college it...

undergraduate computer-science computers

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 18, 2018 513 views

Is information systems a good major?

technology college-major information-systems it computers college-majors computer-science