Career Questions tagged Computerscience

Benjamin G.’s Avatar
Benjamin G. May 16 113 views

What do most people do in computer engineering?

What are the main tasks people do while working in computer engineering.

Canming S.’s Avatar
Canming S. Apr 04 93 views

What are some computer science opportunities are there right now?

I am a High School Student currently in my Senior year and I am very interested in learning more about computer science I will be majoring in Computer Science when I attend college next year.

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Apr 03 177 views

How do I land an interview from recruiters at job fairs?

I'm a senior in high school from NorCal going to college soon, and an alum from the college I committed to (UCSD) highly recommended attending job fairs. I'm planning to enter a CompSci career, although I would appreciate landing any sort of job while in college. Any tips for landing an...

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Feb 03 147 views

Where do you see the job market heading in the next 5-10 years?

#business #technology #entrepreneur #economic #computerscience

Calvin Y.’s Avatar
Calvin Y. Jan 24 162 views

Does finding an occupation in the Computer Science field get very challenging at times?

I'm looking into the Computer Science field as a future career and would love some feedback and or opinions. Thank you! #ComputerScience

Garvin K.’s Avatar
Garvin K. Dec 10, 2021 309 views

Is Computer Science a good major? (or worth the time)

I'm a senior at Burton high school. I'm interesting in Computer Sciences however is doubtful due to the experience i have with coding, etc. #college #computerscience
#computer-science #computer-software #technology #computer-engineering

Dejaunae C.’s Avatar
Dejaunae C. Nov 18, 2021 263 views

What is the difference between a software developer and a software engineer

#software-engineer #technology #computerscience #softwaredeveloper

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Nov 04, 2021 540 views

What are some questions to ask a recruiter for a position you already applied for?

I recently applied for a full time position and am waiting to hear back after they requested additional information about me. In the mean time while I'm waiting for a possible interview, I'm reaching out to recruiters at the company. Sometimes the recruiters don't know anything about my field...

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Oct 07, 2021 180 views

How do you pursue a career in technology, specifically computer science?

I'm a high-school student who wants to work in the computer science bussiness but could really use some help. #computerscience #computer-programming

Canming S.’s Avatar
Canming S. Oct 06, 2021 244 views

What are some good colleges in California that has a good STEM program?

I am currently a senior in high school in San Francisco. We are getting close to applying for colleges. Just wanted to know what colleges have a good STEM program. #college-selection #engineering #career #computerscience

Dejaunae C.’s Avatar
Dejaunae C. Sep 30, 2021 218 views

Is software engineering a good career path

#computerscience #technology #softwareegineer

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Aug 19, 2021 329 views

What is the best way to reach out to a recruiter?

There is this rotational program that one of the companys I would like to work for offers. They accept 3 different applicants into the program: developers, data scientists, and designers. I want to apply for the designer position however at this time they are currently only looking for...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jul 20, 2021 333 views

What types of projects do UI/UX recruiters look for?

I'm trying to build my UI/UX portfolio and although I don't have access to Adobe products at the moment, I'm trying to use other platforms available to build my portfolio in the mean time. I recently learned how to use Figma but I'm not sure what I can make. My first thought is would a...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jul 19, 2021 1354 views

What do UX/UI designers major in and what are some daily tasks you do on the job?

I'm an IST major going into my last semester. Most of the classes I've had for my major have been web development/network architectures related. I think this is main reason why I started liking front end, but recently I've really wanted to learn more about UX/UI design. I've always had a strong...

Ryan L.’s Avatar
Ryan L. Jun 14, 2021 561 views

I think I would like to be a software engineer one day in the aerospace industry, maybe writing programs for autopilot systems in spaceships. Should I major in Computer Science or Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering?

#aerospace #computerscience #aerospace-engineering #majors #college #engineering #mechanical-engineering #technology #space #software

Md A.’s Avatar
Md A. Jun 01, 2021 213 views

What are some good companies that would be looking for people going for computer science in college

#college #computerscience

Godavari M.’s Avatar
Godavari M. Apr 05, 2021 349 views

Colorado State University -global versus University of Florida

Hi, I graduated my high school. I am planning to major in computer science and was confused about which one would be a better choice- CSU-Global or UF online. Does it make any difference if I get into an accelerated program in CSU -Global or a four-year traditional course would be better....

MJ Z.’s Avatar
MJ Z. Mar 29, 2021 467 views

Part time jobs for freshmen CS student?

What type of freelancing or part time jobs should I do while being a student and also want to earn money?

#st #student-development #student #computer #programmer #freelance #computerScience #WebDeveloper #android #ios #technology

Josh E.’s Avatar
Josh E. Mar 17, 2021 205 views

How hard was it to become a computer scientist?

I was thinking of becoming a computer scientist and was wondering what it took to become one.

#computerscience

Hakim B.’s Avatar
Hakim B. Feb 24, 2021 324 views

I have an interest in the engineering department but I´m not sure what particular major/career would best suit me. If this applied to you would you help me out?

Junior who is about to submit applications this year. #engineering #major #computerscience

g S.’s Avatar
g S. Feb 10, 2021 757 views

What is the main difference between Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Engineering?

I am keen to learn more about the main difference between the above in terms of what we learn and career prospects. If you could let me know what course is in demand now would be good too! Thanks in advance!!!

#computer #career #college #computerscience #engineering

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Dec 12, 2020 586 views

I want to work in cybersecurity, which is the best ~ Computer Science or Information Technology? Please help. I am confused

I want to work as a cybersecurity enginner. Which major is better IT or Computer Science.
#international-affairs #computerscience #college #majors #career #informationtechnology #cybersecurity

Willian V.’s Avatar
Willian V. Nov 18, 2020 464 views

How do tech companies see a degree from an online institution ?

I have recently started my computer science degree at WGU, and I was wondering what people, companies, and experts think about online education nowadays. How does is affect a candidate in a possible job interview in comparison to other candidates who have the same degree in a traditional...

Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Sep 16, 2020 406 views

What can you do with a computer science degree?

I am a civil engineering student. I choose civil engineering because I really like math and liked the thought of building big stuff. The classes are getting harder and I'm stressed more often. The science classes are so difficult for me. I do so much better in my math courses and the...

Damen S.’s Avatar
Damen S. Sep 16, 2020 425 views

How can a poor family possibly afford collage

I'm a 17 year old poor Caucasian male who comes from a poor family. I'm trying to go to college but I didn't start think about it till this summer and don't really have the money for it. #College #broke #poor #help #Computerscience

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Aug 31, 2020 313 views

Can I finish my Graduate at an Ivy league after attending ASU online

I am getting my bachelor of software engineering from ASU. But I am still planning to finish my PhD in an ivy league such as Havard or Carnegie Mellon. Can someone tell me if these will accept my degree as a valid one?

#computerscience #college #ivyleague #havard #ASU #software

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30, 2020 450 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

Ayden D.’s Avatar
Ayden D. Jul 29, 2020 244 views

Computer Science-specialized or general direction

I am still unsure of my specific degree within computer science. There are a lot of directions to go. How do you decide what direction to choose in this field? Are you shown all possible directions in early years of college?

#computerscience
#collegemajor
#JULY20

Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Jul 17, 2020 333 views

Will there be abroad remote Internships in 2020/2021?

Considering that the Covid situation won't end soon do you think there will be remote internships in the IT field? I think that this choice for IT companies should be really interesting because at least you don't have additional costs except the salary, so I'd like to hear your point of view...

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 468 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...