Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve 2 days ago 44 views

What is the most popular STEM major for girls What is the least popular STEM major for girls?

I tried googling this, but nothing came up. Are girls more prone to joining technology majors, less prone to joining math majors, etc,

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 64 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Sep 15 92 views

Business Administration Supply Chain Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, or Supply Chain Management?

I'm on my college search process at the moment and I was wondering what's the diffrence between the three majors? Would one be more valuable to an empoyler?

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Sep 01 122 views

What careers do you think relate to my interests?

Hi everyone, I did some self-reflection to think about my career interests and what to study in college. I’m a high school senior looking to combine interests in public policy, law, and computer science for social impact. Areas of social impact I am interested in are income inequality, health...

Tan’s Avatar
Tan Aug 28 148 views

What major should I choose?

I am currently taking a bachelors degree in BS in Physical therapy. What would be the best major to take or like the most common in hirings? Is it paediatrics or geriatrics or something else?

Brandon’s Avatar
Brandon Aug 26 151 views

Should I do online college or on campus for a business administration?

Would it be better to have a class online or to go in person?

liv’s Avatar
liv Aug 23 78 views

What classes would you have to take to be a physical therapist?

Classes that will prepare you the most for this career path.

Michelle’s Avatar
Michelle Aug 19 177 views

Employers: How important is school ranking when hiring?

Hello, I am currently in high school and I want to study mechanical engineering to hopefully break into aerospace. I would like to work for JPL or Boeing in the future but I cannot afford to attend colleges out of state (where it has much better rankings) because of how expensive everything...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Aug 17 109 views

How would I reach my goal if I had to stay in state for college?

I really want to go out of state for college as there's not many opportunities in South Dakota. If I were to stay in state for college, so I was wondering how I would reach my goal of a supply chain engineer, or some other supply chain job? Would an operations management minor and a management...

Cera’s Avatar
Cera Aug 11 182 views

Is my career choice a good decision?

I'm only a freshman in high school, so I am able to change my decision, but I think this is probably what I want to do. I just wanted some more peoples' opinions about it, whether I should minor in something else as a backup plan or something. So, my plan is to major in an equine degree in...

Cera’s Avatar
Cera Aug 09 175 views

Does anyone know of any good equine colleges?

I have a few years to think about it, so it's not a rushed decision by any means, but I have been looking around at colleges and have a small list. I was wondering if anyone else had any other colleges that would be good for me to add to my list. So, I want to go to college and major in Equine...

Harold’s Avatar
Harold Aug 06 179 views

What's the best major for marketing?

What's the best undergrad major for someone who wants to be in a marketing managerial position eventually, whilst simultaneously having a plan B? Marketing, finance, or other? I've heard that marketing is not the major that it used to be, and most people advice me to align with the marketing...

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 160 views

Is earning an astronomy degree hard?

What's involved in earning an astronomy degree? Does involve a lot of math, physics, and theoretical classes? What classes would one take?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 31 226 views

What can you do with an astronomy major?

My younger sister is really interested in astronomy and I'm encouraging her to major in it. However, when she asked me about career options, all that came to mind were NASA and aerospace engineering. I was wondering if there were any other careers out there and if they are in demand. Also,...

Miracle’s Avatar
Miracle Jul 29 115 views

Q4: I’ve done a lot of career tests, and I’ve scored high in science and healthcare, but I’m not sure what career would be good for me specifically in the science field, and what I want to do?

Hi, my name is Miracle and I’m about to start college in the fall, but I’m not sure what to major in and I was hoping that having a scientist answer my questions then that might give me some insight on what to major in. I know these aren’t ideal questions, but I’ve always loved science and...

Miracle’s Avatar
Miracle Jul 29 210 views

Q1: I know I want to be a scientist or researcher, but I just want to help people and find cures for diseases or help people in general, by figuring out to make them walk again or anything like that, but what career would that be?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 24 92 views

Best minor to pair with a HR manager degree?

Would an accounting minor be a good choice, or would business administration more advisable?

Katherine’s Avatar
Katherine Jul 20 196 views

What extracurriculars should I participate in?

I was wondering what extracurriculars and stuff I can do to help me get accepted in the biomedical engineering major?

Judit’s Avatar
Judit Jul 15 127 views

Is majoring in Health Studies and Biology a good set to go to Pharmacy School?

Hi! I want to become a pharmacist later in life, would it be fine to major in Health Studies for two years and then change it to Biology for another two when I transfer?

Jose’s Avatar
Jose Jul 12 119 views

What is need to become a petcare associate?

I love seeing people with pets and always wonder why not at least try to do since I have pets.

Natalie’s Avatar
Natalie Jul 12 254 views

How will I know what career I would like to work towards in college ?

I don’t really know what I want to take in college. I have ideas but I am not really certain . How can make that decision easier for me .

Andrea’s Avatar
Andrea Jul 12 133 views

Course shifting

Can I still shift courses in 2nd year of college even if i have 2 failing marks?

Tasneem’s Avatar
Tasneem Jul 04 189 views

Law or Political Science?

I am a junior in high school. I am not sure whether to study law or political science in college, although at first, I was sure of political science. I am interested in both but I don't know how to decide since I have heard multiple things about each.

Jacinta’s Avatar
Jacinta Jun 29 160 views

What are some majors many students overlook that can make me a lot of money?

I am a 15-year-old and I was interested in Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, and Therapy. I would like to know if there are any other majors and jobs that I have overlooked or don't know about that will make me successful.

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Jun 29 153 views

What are some careers, that are fun and interesting every day?

I am a 15 year old that doesn't know what I want to do yet, but I want to like my job and I love to have fun.

Kadija’s Avatar
Kadija Jun 17 255 views

Who are some of the worlds greatest psychologist with great theories?

What are some of their collected works? For example your favorites.

mv0023’s Avatar
mv0023 Jun 14 157 views

is major in business administration along with minor in some other sub same as Bachelors of business administration(bba)

i love filmmaking and i always wanted to start my own business.i havent chosen which one i want to choose as my career after highschool and i want to know if there is a chance i can learn both in college.if i take business as major and filmmaking as minor in a university will it have the same...

Alessia’s Avatar
Alessia Jun 12 243 views

What to English Lit majors do?

What's studied in an English Lit major course? What is it used for? What kind of jobs can it get you?

Karolina’s Avatar
Karolina May 31 164 views

In college, can you request courses outside your major that are of interest to you?

I want to be a journalist in the future, but I plan to get a history degree. In my case, would it be possible to request journalism courses/classes?

Travanie’s Avatar
Travanie May 30 123 views

How do I go about starting up an orphanage ?

I want to open a place for children that have no where to go or no one, a place which can feel like home and help them.