Career questions tagged college-major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are passionate in. It is common for students to change their majors more than once throughout the... Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Myrick37 views

If I'm Certain of a College Major and Career path should I ask professionals who studied the major or work in the Career path I'm interested in questions about what it's like and what I need to do to get there?

I'm a Sophomore Student in High-School I'm interested in Biomedical Engineering I'm starting to look at College that suit my needs and major

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Juan32 views

What can I do to find out what I want to major in the future?

Are there like resources I can look at and read to find out more?

undefined's avatar
Amatullah262 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Busani584 views

Greetings friends. My name is Busani. I'm intending to do a Master's degree in order to further up my knowledge. But I'm stuck between three options: 1) M.Bs Administration 2) M.Sc in Project Management 3) M.Sc in Marketing. I studied B.Sc in Tourism & Hospitality Management as my 1st degree. Which one amongst these 3 would you recommend most?

Inquiring for advices regarding which Master's program to choose.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jerry388 views

Is Biology a good major?

I'm was thinking of majoring in biology

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emaline191 views

Which study in Law is the most uncommon to practice ?

Wanting to learn more about the not as popular law practices as Im interested into making this my career one day and studying it in college as well.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jay349 views

What is the best degree?

I'm thinking of the best degree to major in college, i'm currently in 12th grade

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lizbeth501 views

How can I start getting internships since I just decided a major?

What do you recommend for a junior student studying business admin, operations and supply chain management that just decided their major looking to get internships such as non profit consulting and management consulting?

answer icon14 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha424 views

What are some extracurriculars I could do that is stem/medicine based?

I’ve had a lot of ideas on what Extracurriculars I want to do but they just seem too much for me to accomplish as a 16 year old. Some ideas I had was formulating an eco friendly sunscreen using chemistry principals but I would assume you need to have a degree in chemistry. Another idea was creating a skin cancer detecting app, or starting a program by going around to different schools, and/or community centers providing information on skin cancer and hosting events with the help of volunteers from my school. Honestly this all just seems really complicated for me to do especially without a mentor. I plan to start volunteering at a kidney center next month and get a part time job on the weekends. At the moment I am applying to stem/medicine based internships. I need some advice. I am 16 and in 10th grade. I plan to major in chemistry and I aspire to be a dermatologist.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sima488 views

Can I work in corporate as a psychology-neuroscience graduate?

What are the possibilities of working in a corporate job with a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Neuroscience (double-major)? As far as i've seen, all of the job opportunities in this field take place in laboratories, research centers or educational institutions.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha606 views

Do you think it is worth doing the IB program to get into a top 20 school?

I selected my classes for next year and chose to do the IB program. I am starting to regret that choice. I would rather do partial IB. Do you think It’ll look bad if I drop out of the IB program to do partial IB? My goal is to get into a top 20 school. Also my school is an IB school so they do not offer AP classes. I am currently in 10th grade.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Myrick680 views

If I'm certain about a career path when should I start looking at schools that offer the major that ties into the career?

I'm a high school student very interested in Biomedical Engineering and I don't know when I should start looking at schools that provide the major for Biomedical Engineers.

answer icon14 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Khylah467 views

What do I do when I get there?

Hi I'm Khylah and I'm in 11th grade I'm planning on doing running start and I'm super scared if I'm being honest I don't know my path or where i should go I already have a dream college so I just need help on what classes i can take?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ryan503 views

I want to pursue a career WAYYYY out of the scope of my college major. (Dance to Cybersecurity) What sort of work or opportunities should I look for?

I have reached a point where I'm about to graduate from college and I have found the need to make a very hard and fast pivot out of the dance industry. I've always had a knack for computers and tech tinkering. I recently stumbled across Cybersecurity and got my CompTIA Security+ certification. What else should I do? Apply for experience? Go to grad school? Just a little stuck looking for suggestions.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Owen395 views

About how long will it take to achieve my pHD for psychology?

Just have been pondering the topic and wondering how long and the dedication it will take to achieve my goal.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amara251 views

What skills are necessary for your job?

I am a sophmore in high school and looking at going into zoology or being in some type of therapy. I want to try to and figure out my major before making applications next year and curious what skills I would need for either of those jobs.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lela167 views

Does it matter if I go to a private or public college?

I'm in 10th grade and I am looking at different colleges that I might be interested in. I am not sure what type of college I will choose but I am wondering if it matters what type of college I choose for my career of choice.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jefferson163 views

What did you have to study to be a Hotel Managers college and did you have to get a degree? And what were your majors. ?

I am very indecisive person and i don't know what i want to do in college or how long i should be there,

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Claire91 views

To become a psychologist, what kind of college major should keep in mind?

I am a 10th grader in high school and am hoping to get my associates degree by the time I graduate. I am wanting to attend a school that would really help me become a psychologist.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Claire156 views

As a psychologist, do you have a lot of free time?

I am a 10th grader in high school and am hoping to get my associates degree. I am hoping to go into human services related and trying to find the best way to get there.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
rosalia447 views

Is law school hard? What do I major in to become a good lawyer?

Hello! What is the best major/s to choose for an aspiring lawyer. Is law school hard? I'm a freshmen in college and feel lost a little... I would love to become a lawyer but I heard it's difficult. I also don't know where to start because I'm switching my major and realized that the only passion I somewhat have is something in law/forensics/etc. I also don't want to obtain a degree in a useless major or in something where the pay is bad. I don't know. I could use some advice.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jackson211 views

Does it cot alot to get a PHD?

I love everything about science and i was thinging about being an applied pycisist.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Natalie393 views

How did y'all choose your major?

I have a lot of different interest and I'm having a hard time figure what route I'd like to go. Do I focus more on what I enjoy or more on what would make me more financially stable in today's world.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Henry316 views

How to know what to major in?

How to know what to major in, because right now im studying business, but im not too sure what im passionate about and to major in college?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Betany458 views

What is the best major for college?

I'm in 12th grade thinking of a major for college

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
William510 views

What's the best college plan to get into a management field?

Say I want to get a management position in the Software Development field. Should I get a bachelor's degree in Computer Science first, and then get an MBA? Should I do this while working/internship or focus on just getting the MBA?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Natalie343 views

How many jobs are there for criminology?

What degrees do you get? What skills should you have?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alisa243 views

How to improve your performance

I am a 10 grader and looking help with Improving my performance with writing and grammar and how to be a quick writer and expert in grammar such as past tense and essays

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nora399 views

As a high school student, how do I know if a finance is the right college major for me?

I'm a 17 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning basics about taking spending and investments in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study finance in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #finance #University #College

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ellington259 views

What high school courses would be helpful if I want to pursue a career in neurology?

I have a 3.5 GPA, and I am open to any courses but I am having trouble picking what classes would be beneficial to this career path.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon