Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

Alora J.’s Avatar
Alora J. yesterday 36 views

Which major should I go for to get my dream job?

I’m starting college in the fall and I’m going for a double major. My end goal is to help find sex trafficking victims online. I’m not interested or capable of doing field work. I’ll be going for computer sciences but I can’t decide if social work or criminal justice would be the right way to...

#human-trafficking #college #computer-science #job-search #career #college-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. yesterday 54 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college #engineering #computer-science #college-major #math #minor

Madalyn L.’s Avatar
Madalyn L. May 24 54 views

Where is the best place to study to be a lawyer?

One of the careers I'm considering is being a lawyer or attorney. #college-major #laywer #criminal-justice #attorney...

#law

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 80 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #engineering #college-major #math #joint-major #career #internship #research #minor

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. May 22 42 views

What should I major in College if I am working towards being Pre-Law?

I have always been interested in speech, debated and politics. I've known for a few years now that I want to go into Politics or become a Lawyer. English is my favorite subject in school. I have very good persuasive and writing skills as well. #college-major #politics#law...

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 63 views

To math and applied science majors - Has your major helped you reach your career goals? What do you do now?

And if applicable, did you go to grad school?What types of internships were you able to get that were outside your major (e.g. math major getting an engineering or computer science type of internship)? #math #career #college-major #science...

#applied-science

Anna K.’s Avatar
Anna K. May 20 64 views

What's a good minor to accompany a dance major looking to open her own studio after college?

Hey! I am a competitive dancer and plan to major in dance. I am a 2021 high school senior and interested in getting a business or kinesiology minor as well. I also love organizing and decorating and have considered possibly minoring in interior decorating. Any advice?? Thank you!! #dance...

#college-major

Selin N.’s Avatar
Selin N. May 20 110 views

How do you deicide what major you want to pursue?

Hi, I'm Selin, and I'm a 9th-grade student in high school. I know I have a lot of time, but I want to start looking for a field of study I'd like to pursue. I currently participate in varsity crew but have no interest in a particular field of study yet. If you're like me, how did you end up...

#major #college-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 66 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#college #engineering #graduate-school #career #college-major #engineer #mechanical-engineering

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 36 views
Taylor K.’s Avatar
Taylor K. May 13 431 views

Should I continue my Degree?

I'm graduating this month from a community college with my Associates in Business. I am thinking about transferring to a university to get my bachelors in marketing, but I honestly don't know what I want to do with my degree/career. I'm struggling to make a decision on whether or not I should...

#college #marketing #career #college-major #business

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 121 views
Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. May 12 37 views

Can I major in health sciences to be a pharmacist at a hospital?

I'm looking to obtain a bachelor's degree in health sciences to go into pharmacy school. Would majoring in health sciences be the best option? #pharmacist #health #pharmaceuticals #college-major #hospital...

#medicine

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 72 views
Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. May 11 66 views

Do I need to major in Criminal-justice to become an FBI agent?

Do I HAVE to? or is it just extremely helpful and highly recommended? #criminal-justice #college-major...

#fbi

Monique M.’s Avatar
Monique M. May 06 90 views

What are my career options for a double major of advertising/public relations and political science?

I am entering my junior year of college with a major in advertising/public relations and a minor (possible double major) in political science. I am active with several nonprofit organizations that deal with issues in public health, such as gun violence prevention and climate change. I am an...

#college #career #communication #politics #college-major

Alison B.’s Avatar
Alison B. Apr 25 68 views

What major in college to become dental hygienist?

I am a junior in high school and I am very interested in becoming a dental hygienist. As far as I know you have to take pre-req classes for 2 years and get your associates degree then apply for a dental hygiene program which takes 2 years. What is the major you take for the pre-req classes?...

#dental-hygienist #dentistry #college-major #college

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Apr 23 135 views

Would a major in Strategic Communications with a Business minor or a major in Marketing be best for a career in business?

I'm ending my second year in college and am having trouble with my major. I haven't necessarily decided on one yet. I'm deciding if I should do Strategic Communications with a Business minor or apply to the business school and do Marketing. I'm planning on applying no matter what but I would...

#major #stratcomm #college #marketing #comm #business #college-major #entrepreneur #communications #career #future

Jake Z.’s Avatar
Jake Z. Apr 22 60 views
Mermaid O.’s Avatar
Mermaid O. Apr 21 47 views

Does anyone know where can I learn latin?

Hello, my name is Leslie and I'm in my 3rd year in college. I would love to learn Latin for free. #latin #college #help #free #2020...

#college-major

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 18 67 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

#career-path #political-science #college-major #sociology

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 482 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#college #producer #choosing-a-college #student #screenwriting #college-major #jesussaves #job #filmmaker #graduate-school #entertainment #career #graduating #film-production