Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

jasmine S.’s Avatar
jasmine S. Sep 21 51 views

How can I successfully prepare to go into law enforcement?

I intend to go to college but want to major and minor in the right things that will hold me successful for my future. Do I need a backup plan just incase law enforcement doesn't work out? Thanks. #college-major #college #lawenforcement...

#police

Abigail D.’s Avatar
Abigail D. Sep 13 113 views

Which risk management specialization track should I choose? There’s employee benefits, healthcare risk management, and property liability/ corporate risk management.

I’m currently a student enrolled in college and I’m looking to switch my major to risk management, and I’m not really sure which track I should do. I’m also looking into an accounting minor, but I’m not entirely sure how much that will help me. #college-major #colleges #risk...

#accounting

Lashea H.’s Avatar
Lashea H. Jul 30 37 views

What research topics for psychology majors are practical yet interesting? #JULY20#PsychMajor#Bachelors#Masters#PrivatePractice

Hi everyone, my name is Lashea and I am an aspiring family counselor/theraphist! This past year I decided to take a leap of faith and change my major to psychology , lets just say that my journey has gotten a bit more interesting. I love exploring the minds of others, as well as listening to...

#college-major

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 16 133 views

Should I double major in music and microbiology?

I'm a rising senior and I am thinking about becoming a physician assistant. I have been playing french horn since 6th grade and also have a big interest in medicine. The problem is that I am not sure if I should double major in music and mcb or just microbiology. I want to have enough time...

#college-major #physician #july20 #music #healthcare #physicianassistant #doublemajor #medicine

S V.’s Avatar
S V. Jul 25 115 views

What kind of jobs can I do that combine finance and politics (working in nonprofits or government)

I'm a senior in high school and my two main passions are politics and math. For this reason, I've decided to pursue a finance degree but lately I've been wondering if I should double major or minor in something political related (poli sci/ international relations/etc). Now I'm really confused...

#college-major #business

Kaitlin F.’s Avatar
Kaitlin F. Jul 14 86 views

What job opportunities are there with a Biblical Studies major besides working in a church?

I'm interested in a Biblical Studies major and am wondering what types of careers I can consider with it? I would love to work in a church but want to keep my options open! #major #college-major #ministry #biblical-studies...

#theology

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 14 79 views

Where do you see your company in five years?

I want to know if most people are planning on staying with their company for the next 5 years and why #architect...

#college-major

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06 181 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#college-major #university #college

Khadija S.’s Avatar
Khadija S. Jun 29 248 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #college #computer #computer-science...

#college-major

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 218 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#college-major #research #biology #psychology #college #undeclared #major #university #business

Linguere J.’s Avatar
Linguere J. Jun 25 172 views

Hi i al interested in three domains psychology (+++++) nutrition (+++) and management (++++)

#clinical-psychology i was thinking about majoring in management and minor in psy or nutrition or majoring in nutrition and minoring in psy And i was thinking if you could pleuhelp me decide which on is more “doable” in terms of time..... money...... concentration.... #management #psychology...

#nutrition #college-major

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24 306 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#college-major #math #college #career #career-counseling

Eve M.’s Avatar
Eve M. Jun 24 235 views

What career paths does Psychology take you?

I'm a college sophomore that majors in Psychology and I would like to know if I'm making the right decision. #psychology #college-major...

#career-choice

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 168 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#college-major #college #medicalschool #stem #premed #healthcare #major #technology #medical #medicine #neuroscience

Dhabya I.’s Avatar
Dhabya I. Jun 19 119 views

Is majoring in both computer science and psychology possible?

I’m a year 10 student and I know It’s way too early to start thinking about what I should major in when I get into college, but I can’t help but think about it because I’m stuck between computer science and psychology, I love both equally, so I thought, maybe I could major in both but I’m not...

#college-major #psychology #computer-science

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jun 19 163 views

what are the differences between landscape architecture and just architecture?

I'm stuck on deciding which major I should choose next year for uni, what are the main differences between the two majors? which open to more opportunities? and which is overall the better major? thank you in advance. #architecture #architect #college-major...

#major

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Jun 13 229 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 10 177 views

Should English be my minor or 2nd major?

I have committed to my college as a psychology major. I am looking at a career in either (or both, if possible) research psychology or editing and publishing. Do you think I can land a job in editing when English is only my minor? Is it worth the extra effort to double major? How do minors...

#college-major #englishliterature #english #major

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Jun 09 293 views

I am a high School Grad. Please help me select my college

I just graduated from high school. I am planning to attend an online university because I don't want to waste my years waiting for the pandemic to be over. Can someone suggest me which online university is the best for Computer science? Is the degree worth it that I can get a job after I...

#distanceeducation #college-major #covid19 #college

Png N.’s Avatar
Png N. Jun 08 158 views

If I want to be a children's book illustrator, what can I do to get my own style for comission work?

I am majoring in English language at a super normal university in Vietnam. If I keep going, I am fear of wasting time on unnecessary things. Moreover, my university is not famous for my major and I don't see myself grow enormously any skills that I had studied after about two years. Therefore,...

#college-major #college

Png N.’s Avatar
Png N. Jun 08 111 views

I am majoring in English language at a super normal university in Vietnam. If I keep going, I am fear of wasting time on unnecessary things. Moreover, my university is not famous for my major and I don't see myself grow any skills that I had studied after about two years. Therefore, I am so...

#college-major #college