Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Mar 23 63 views

What careers should I look into?

For years I have been trying to figure out what career/field I should go into. I have been looking into healthcare, but I decided to consider other fields to make sure that's what I want to do. I am interested in math, science, technology, art, agriculture, and photography. I am also a people...

#science #technology #major #agriculture #college-major #photography #art #career-counseling #career #college #job #math

Thea F.’s Avatar
Thea F. Mar 19 80 views

How did you decide what you would like to major in?

College student finishing an advanced diploma looking to complete my degree. #college-major...

#major

andrea M.’s Avatar
andrea M. Mar 06 52 views

What major allows me to work with Spanish speaking people in the community.

I am currently a Spanish major but I am looking for another major that allows me to work directly with the Latinx community but also allows me to work in a Spanish speaking country....

#college-major

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 53 views

What are the best books to read?

U of T student, biology and psychology major. #psychology #college #writing #college-major...

#criminal-justice

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 37 views
Salma L.’s Avatar
Salma L. Mar 03 61 views

How can I determine the best major and career path for me that will be beneficial in my future and my family?

Hello! I'm not sure how much information you'd like, so I'll start with some basics. I go to a Christian school as a 10th grader and play travel and school softball as my sport. I love to learn about how to stay healthy and improve the health of mine and others. I am disciplined, independent,...

#nutrition #college #career #nutritonalscience #college-major

Keiarra B.’s Avatar
Keiarra B. Feb 29 84 views

What day is the volunteer on?

Hello my name is Keiarra. I am a current junior at Shaw University majoring in mathematics. I am from chesterfield Virginia. I am a kind and loving person who loves helping others and giving back to my community. I love going to church and spending time with my family and friends....

#college #college-major

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29 62 views

Online versus In-Person?

Sometimes classes I need have the option of being online with testing done in person at the college. I've taken two last summer and did well. I'm considering a few more over the summer but this time they would be math (basic college algebra) and maybe a history class. Are there any classes you...

#college #college-major #math #teacher

Sohalia M.’s Avatar
Sohalia M. Feb 26 49 views

Is it better to go to Juilliard or NUS as an undergraduate?

I want to get into marketing for economics, but I am also very passionate about theatre arts and drama, I am also quite talented in it according to teachers and classmates. But I am not sure whether I should go to Juilliard or NUS for my bachelors degree, since both coarse take 4 years and that...

#business #college #career #marketing #acting #college-major

xica M.’s Avatar
xica M. Feb 25 87 views
Leilu W.’s Avatar
Leilu W. Feb 25 103 views

How do you find a college with a highly specific major that's a good fit?

I've been having trouble finding colleges with a paleontology program that fit me as a person #college #college-advice #college-major #college-selection #major...

#paleontology

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 91 views

What looks better on a College Application, Paid internship or Unpaid?

This isn't tailored to internships in terms of job prospects, rather it is a question about which path would be better suited to place on a college application. The money isn't needed, but it would definitely be helpful. However, if an unpaid internship is a way to go, I will certainly not...

#college-major #college #internship #college-admissions

James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06 108 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good #college #math #economics #accounting #college-major...

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01 97 views

What is a good minor to pair with a physics degree?

I am a senior in high school who wants to work in physics on a variety of projects. I'm thinking about having a engineering minor, but what opportunities could I get from other minors? #physics #college-major #college-minor...

#science

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 51 views

What are the pros and cons of working for a non-profit?

I have worked within the educational field for the past decade. I am working towards obtaining my BS in Community Development, and want to see what my options may be, highly considering non-profit organizations #college-major #career #community #development...

#degree

Darrian L.’s Avatar
Darrian L. Jan 25 55 views

Where can I get a good writing-based position?

I'm Darrian and I want to major in the English field later in life, where can I get started? #english #college-major...

#career

Charlie W.’s Avatar
Charlie W. Jan 06 135 views

Should I minor in HR Management with a major in Chemistry

I'm an undergrad Chemistry freshman with multiple interests, from IT to music to business to astronomy and of course chemistry :) My questions are for anyone to answer. It will definitely help me make the best decisions. \m/ #chemistry #college #college-major #management #college-minor...

#career-advice #physics

Abdullah M.’s Avatar
Abdullah M. Jan 03 153 views

College Major Choice/ Career Advice

Hi! I'm a senior in high school, and I'm currently applying to colleges. I'm noticing that my list is rather small due to my specific major choice, marketing. I don't know if I should apply to the "prestigious" colleges that don't have business majors and just major in econ. I...

#business #college #career #marketing #internship #college-major

Zala G.’s Avatar
Zala G. Dec 25, 2019 65 views

As a freshman, What are the initial steps for me to take and prepare myself for being in AI?

I see myself in AI, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal. However, I am not really sure what are the initial steps i should take as a college Freshman. What skill i need to improve, what classes should I take, and what other activities should I get involved with to...

#career-requirements #college-major

Bethany R.’s Avatar
Bethany R. Dec 18, 2019 146 views

How do I decide what major I should pick?

I am a third culture kid who has lived all over the place. I really love people and working with children , especially kids who come from rougher situations. I was looking into going in as a #psychology major but then I wanted to study more of the medicine aspect. But then I realized I love...

#news #medicine #college #college-major

Kaela H.’s Avatar
Kaela H. Dec 12, 2019 148 views

Should I take physics or AP Bio senior year?

My guidance counselor suggested I take physics but I rather take AP Bio. It's more interesting and I want to major in Biology in college. (I want to be an optometrist) My counselor said she was concerned that colleges wouldn't the AP Bio credits but I think taking AP Bio would show my...

#science #college #physics #biology #college-major