Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

carl A.’s Avatar
carl A. 2 days ago 12 views

what is it like being an electrician

i want to be an electrician...

college-major

Maddy S.’s Avatar
Maddy S. Oct 19 40 views

Can you specialize in Marketing if you major in International Business?

I was wondering if minoring in marketing or doing electives later in it while being an international business major would be a good idea for someone who wants to eventually have a job in international marketing. marketing business...

college-major

Maddy S.’s Avatar
Maddy S. Oct 19 27 views

What are the drawbacks of being a Marketing major?

I was wondering what the cons for marketing majors are and if there are any factors that make it not worth it or if I should look at other majors. marketing...

college-major

Jolee M.’s Avatar
Jolee M. Oct 19 26 views
Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19 22 views

What are some option I may have for going to college for programming? What options do I have for degrees and different colleges I can go to?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. college-major major computer-science college programming coding program...

technology microcomputerapplications computer-software tech computers computer

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19 33 views

What advice would you give to someone considering being a programer?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. college college-major tech technology # computer computer computer-science...

programming computer-software programmer program

Engoron L.’s Avatar
Engoron L. Oct 15 39 views

How many various fields can you dive into for EECS, and what are the details about each field?

I'm considering in majoring in EECS for college as a undergraduate and I would like to learn more about the various field of studies from professionals that are already in the field of study. college college-major...

engineering

Pamella R.’s Avatar
Pamella R. Oct 12 36 views

What is the best college major to study before becoming a pediatrician?

I am in 9th grade. I want to go to college after high school to become a doctor that works with kids and their families. I am not sure on what the best college major is when it comes to becoming a doctor. medicine college-major...

premed

josie E.’s Avatar
josie E. Oct 08 59 views

What type of things can I do to prepare for a psychology degree?

I'm in highschool, so small things that can help me get a feel for this degree. psychology college career-path...

college-major

Dalton D.’s Avatar
Dalton D. Oct 08 36 views

What is a day in a life of an orthodontist or a assistant like?

I was born in Georgia. I got to Cane Bay High school. When I grow up, I want to become something like an orthodontist. I want to learn about their life and understand what they have to do. college-major...

college

Dalton D.’s Avatar
Dalton D. Oct 08 46 views

What skills are needed for career and colleges for an orthodontist?

I go to Cane Bay high school. I was born in Georgia. I am interested in becoming an orthodontist. I want to get into University of South Carolina. I want to learn how how and what it takes for others to become an orthodontist. I want to become an orthodontist as I get older because I want to...

college university college-major career

Qianlin F.’s Avatar
Qianlin F. Oct 07 41 views

What can I do if I major in digital media in college?

Digital media is one of my thoughts for college major. If I major in it, what can I do after I graduate? Can I have job relating to film? How about the salary of those jobs? college-major...

digital-media

Un Ieng S.’s Avatar
Un Ieng S. Oct 06 61 views

If my major in college doesn't relate to a career that I want do in the future. Is it still possible to get that job?

I am not sure what I want to do for my career in the future. I am worried if I found out what I want to do in the future, but my major doesn't help me to go to that field. Is it still possible to get that job?...

college-major

Jeffrey C.’s Avatar
Jeffrey C. Oct 06 66 views

What majors should I start to consider in the computer science field?

Thank you to everyone who answered my previous question! As a senior in high school, college deadlines are soon. I believe there are many different majors in the computer science field. What should I do to choose a major? I am in an AI club at my school, so I do have some strengths in that...

college college-major major computer computer-science

stephanie L.’s Avatar
stephanie L. Oct 06 90 views

Advice on not comparing yourself to talented smart people.

Something I've always struggled with as a student and person in general, is comparing myself to others. Whether if it's looks or intelligence, I always seem to find a way to compare said person and myself. The colleges I want to get into are extremely competitive, so when I can't do something,...

college college-advice college-major school life-advice career

Kaitlyn T.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn T. Oct 05 73 views

What are some skills needed to pursue a Business and Communications major (on the more specific spectrum)?

I've been thinking about majoring in this field for quite a while and I think I'm pretty qualified to excel in this field. I've had experience speaking to big crowds formally, I have quite a few connections not only with my peers but some adults who will also be helpful along the way, I think I...

experience business marketing college college-major finance communications career

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Oct 05 76 views

Is a double major in Computer Science and Economics a valuable double major to pursue?

I am a junior in high school. I'm interested to learn more about what you can do with these two majors and how these two majors can benefit off of each other. college-major major computer-science investment-management finance business economics...

Cato H.’s Avatar
Cato H. Oct 05 81 views

What specific majors are there in business?

What college major specifically in business would help me in becoming a successful entrepreneur entrepreneur college-major...

business

DeBond C.’s Avatar
DeBond C. Oct 05 55 views

What is the best way to figure out which colleges have abroad-study course for the major that I wish to pursue?

I have a hard time finding schools that will show me their abroad study opportunities . Am I looking at the wrong place or is there a better place to find these things other than the school's official website? college-major...

help

Rebecca G.’s Avatar
Rebecca G. Oct 01 187 views

What types of jobs and college majors should I consider if I want to dedicate myself to supporting refugees?

There are millions of refugees around the world facing huge challenges. I am interested in finding ways to dedicate myself to the cause, but I'm not sure what kinds of jobs are available. I'm just finishing high school and I'm planning to go to college, but I'm not yet decided on what kind of...

aid refugee international-development international international-relations college-major refugees

Jason F.’s Avatar
Jason F. Sep 29 51 views

If you become a doctor, what major should you major in?

I am a 9th grader and I want to become a doctor but, I don't know what to major in college....

college-major

Allen T.’s Avatar
Allen T. Sep 28 58 views

What do I need to do to become an orthodontist or dentist?

I am 14 and in the 9th grade. I have decided to choose being an orthodontist to be my career. I want to know what steps do I have to take to become one? dentistry college college-major...

dentist