Career Questions tagged College Major

During their college education, students must declare a major or a focus area of study. Choosing a college major can be difficult if you are unsure about what you are...

Kaitlyn S.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn S. Jan 14 32 views

Since I'm going to be an Education major, would it be smart to double major in Early Childhood Education and Special Education?

Ever since I was a kid, I knew I wanted to become a teacher. Recently, I decided to study Special Education and I wanted to know if double majoring is smart or should I just stick with a major and a minor. #college-major...

#majors

Maggie T.’s Avatar
Maggie T. Jan 14 17 views
Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 96 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 109 views

Is it okay to choose a major without being sure what career I want to pursue?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college #college-major #undergraduate

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27, 2020 46 views
Bryce S.’s Avatar
Bryce S. Oct 27, 2020 91 views

What are a few colleges that offer physical therapy as a major and have shown success with their programs?

I am a senior in high school, and have narrowed down my list of potential majors. Physical therapy is one of my top choices, and I am trying to get more information about colleges that offer this major. #college-major...

#physical-therapy

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. Oct 23, 2020 76 views

What are some of the best schools for air traffic controlling, and is there any schools that have this training for this occupation in New Jersey.

Im a junior in high school and im looking into becoming an air traffic controller when I graduate college. I have an aunt that works as one in Oberlin OH and ive asked her questions but I dont see her as much so I thought it would be good to ask her. I play sports so I have the working with...

#college #college-major #career #high-school

Maiya L.’s Avatar
Maiya L. Oct 21, 2020 80 views

What scholarships do you recommend to becoming a Medical Scientist?

I'm a Senior in High School, I want to go to a four-year college to major in biochemistry. #scientist #college-major...

#scholarships

jasmine S.’s Avatar
jasmine S. Sep 21, 2020 76 views

How can I successfully prepare to go into law enforcement?

I intend to go to college but want to major and minor in the right things that will hold me successful for my future. Do I need a backup plan just incase law enforcement doesn't work out? Thanks. #college-major #college #lawenforcement...

#police

Abigail D.’s Avatar
Abigail D. Sep 13, 2020 153 views

Which risk management specialization track should I choose? There’s employee benefits, healthcare risk management, and property liability/ corporate risk management.

I’m currently a student enrolled in college and I’m looking to switch my major to risk management, and I’m not really sure which track I should do. I’m also looking into an accounting minor, but I’m not entirely sure how much that will help me. #college-major #colleges #risk...

#accounting

Lashea H.’s Avatar
Lashea H. Jul 30, 2020 56 views

What research topics for psychology majors are practical yet interesting? #JULY20#PsychMajor#Bachelors#Masters#PrivatePractice

Hi everyone, my name is Lashea and I am an aspiring family counselor/theraphist! This past year I decided to take a leap of faith and change my major to psychology , lets just say that my journey has gotten a bit more interesting. I love exploring the minds of others, as well as listening to...

#college-major

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 16, 2020 169 views

Should I double major in music and microbiology?

I'm a rising senior and I am thinking about becoming a physician assistant. I have been playing french horn since 6th grade and also have a big interest in medicine. The problem is that I am not sure if I should double major in music and mcb or just microbiology. I want to have enough time...

#music #medicine #july20 #college-major #physician #healthcare #doublemajor #physicianassistant

S V.’s Avatar
S V. Jul 25, 2020 155 views

What kind of jobs can I do that combine finance and politics (working in nonprofits or government)

I'm a senior in high school and my two main passions are politics and math. For this reason, I've decided to pursue a finance degree but lately I've been wondering if I should double major or minor in something political related (poli sci/ international relations/etc). Now I'm really confused...

#college-major #business

Kaitlin F.’s Avatar
Kaitlin F. Jul 14, 2020 117 views

What job opportunities are there with a Biblical Studies major besides working in a church?

I'm interested in a Biblical Studies major and am wondering what types of careers I can consider with it? I would love to work in a church but want to keep my options open! #major #college-major #ministry #biblical-studies...

#theology

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 14, 2020 107 views

Where do you see your company in five years?

I want to know if most people are planning on staying with their company for the next 5 years and why #architect...

#college-major

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 14, 2020 106 views
Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 06, 2020 220 views

how do I know if studying major( x )suits me or not

Hi I'm in my last school year and I want to find a major that fits my standards and requirements. I'm a good problem solver, Gets bored easily, Love helping others, Not really a hard worker to be honest except if it was in a field I love, Free time is one of my priorities. #career #major...

#college #college-major #university

Khadija S.’s Avatar
Khadija S. Jun 29, 2020 303 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #college #computer #computer-science...

#college-major

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28, 2020 269 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#biology #business #psychology #major #undeclared #college-major #university #college #research

Linguere J.’s Avatar
Linguere J. Jun 25, 2020 264 views

Hi i al interested in three domains psychology (+++++) nutrition (+++) and management (++++)

#clinical-psychology i was thinking about majoring in management and minor in psy or nutrition or majoring in nutrition and minoring in psy And i was thinking if you could pleuhelp me decide which on is more “doable” in terms of time..... money...... concentration.... #management #psychology...

#college-major #nutrition

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Jun 24, 2020 384 views

What career best suits my interests?

I enjoy administrative tasks such as office duties, budgeting, math, and providing explanations. I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. I have been trying to find a career that best suits my interest for years but nothing seems to stick. I will be starting college soon and I would...

#college-major #college #career #math #career-counseling

Eve M.’s Avatar
Eve M. Jun 24, 2020 289 views

What career paths does Psychology take you?

I'm a college sophomore that majors in Psychology and I would like to know if I'm making the right decision. #psychology #college-major...

#career-choice