Career questions tagged colleges

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Abigail420 views

How does a college degree work ?

How do I get into the college that I want?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Riya263 views

How do I get into UC Berkeley? What kind of students would be a good fit for this school?

As a dedicated rising junior with a passion for political science, business, and law, I'm driven by a profound interest in understanding legal systems. I aspire to leverage this passion into an undergraduate degree in political science, ultimately leading to pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. I believe in the power of change and am actively working to create change through activism. I am resourceful and determined, consistently demonstrating strong analytical capabilities and a robust work ethic. My organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently enable me to excel in both academic and extracurricular endeavors. Collaboration is one of my strengths; I thrive in team environments and am committed to leading with positivity and integrity. Thank you in advance! I hope you have a wonderful day!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Riya292 views

What part of the essay do the UC Berkeley admissions officers most appreciate, and what are some crucial elements to include?

Are there any facets to specifically include in my essay or application for UC Berkeley? What are some unique facts (i.e. UC Berkeley historical emphasis) to include in my application? As a dedicated rising junior with a passion for political science, business, and law, I'm driven by a profound interest in understanding legal systems. I aspire to leverage this passion into an undergraduate degree in political science, ultimately leading to pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. I believe in the power of change and am actively working to create change through activism. I am resourceful and determined, consistently demonstrating strong analytical capabilities and a robust work ethic. My organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently enable me to excel in both academic and extracurricular endeavors. Collaboration is one of my strengths; I thrive in team environments and am committed to leading with positivity and integrity. Thank you in advance! I hope you have a wonderful day!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lin438 views

For college admissions, does going to a uncompetitive high school lessen your chances at a T20 college?

Last year I moved schools after my 9th grade year due to personal reasons. The school that I currently go to was closer to my siblings schools and was more convenient for my parents as they both work. This was not the only reason why I moved school as there were a number of factors but the school that I currently go to is significantly less competitive then my last one. The school I currently go to has around 500 students less than my last. I would also say the student bodies themselves are less competitive in general in my current school. I am just wondering whether or not this will go against me during the college application process and whether moving schools was a mistake.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
James375 views

As an incoming college freshman, what's the best way to prepare for your first year during the summer?

Especially for students moving away from home! :D

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ava349 views

When should I take my gap year?

Hello there! I am a high school junior in August 2024 and want to take a gap year, but I intend to get a Psychology PhD. So should I take my gap year right out of high school or between my undergrad and PhD program? I just don't want it to be harder to get into a college because I didn't apply out of high school where I have a lot of support versus on my own after a gap year.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arnoldo437 views

What are some ways I can prepare for College?

What are some things I can do in order to prepare for College. Should I learn how to study in college levels. Do I need to start answering prompts for colleges in order to apply to colleges?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sam446 views

How can I go to college if I graduate early?

Could I be able to move away to college if I graduate High School at least 2 years early? And what kind of college could I apply to?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deanna468 views

What colleges have majors that would help me to become a programmer?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
martha393 views

what career should I considered?

what career should i considered finishing my college in high school

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
roxy415 views

how to become the best teacher

how do i become a teacher. what are the best schools. how long is the process. what kind of teacher is best and much needed rn.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josiah575 views

Does it really matter where you go to college?

I plan to major in piano and voice performance with a minor in psychology, and then start private music lessons. Does it matter where I go to college, or should I try to get into one that is more prestigious in the realm of music performance? I kind of want to go to a Christian college that is closer to home, but obviously they aren't really known for music performance so I'm just wondering what I should do.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amparo666 views

Why Is It Important To Go To College After Finishing High School?

The reason I’m asking that is because I’m done with high school and I want to know the reason of why is it important to go to college after high school.

answer icon11 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Justin472 views

What colleges would be good for me to pursue if I desire to be a recreational therapist ?

I am a current junior attending high school in manhattan. I prioritize my studies and desire to keep my grades up to succeed.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Serenity738 views

What college has the best forensic major?

I am a junior in high school and this is the year that i look into colleges. Im tired of using google to look up colleges, lol the accuracy just isn't there. So i was wondering who knows someone who studies forensic science.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abigial319 views

What Colleges offer a bachelor's degree in Criminology?

I have been looking at countless universities but most of the ones I am looking at are a bachelor's in Criminal Justice with a focus in Criminology or victimology.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melissa378 views

How much years in college do you need to become a veterinarian?

What's the best college to take here in the bay

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Vincent454 views

How do I find which colleges will be the best for me?

How do I start looking for colleges?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Natalie688 views

How much is it typically to go to a state university?

How much is it typically to go to a state university? For Elementary teacher courses. Specifically Minnesota and Colorado.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mikey965 views

How do I get seen by more colleges?

How do I get seen by more colleges ? I am a student in high school and I want to be noticed by more colleges but I’m not in any sports or fancy electives, help please. Any advice is super appreciated, is anyone in the same boat as me?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alicia864 views

what are some reat college options if you want to be in cosmotlogy?

what are some reat college options if you want to be in cosmotlogy?i like doing makeup.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Zaelyn497 views

How do you accept college applications ?

I am zaelyn and I am a student at Mortimer Jordan High School. I have been accepted into many different colleges and I have no idea how I am supposed to accept the one I like.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha983 views

What are some extracurriculars I could do that is stem/medicine based?

I’ve had a lot of ideas on what Extracurriculars I want to do but they just seem too much for me to accomplish as a 16 year old. Some ideas I had was formulating an eco friendly sunscreen using chemistry principals but I would assume you need to have a degree in chemistry. Another idea was creating a skin cancer detecting app, or starting a program by going around to different schools, and/or community centers providing information on skin cancer and hosting events with the help of volunteers from my school. Honestly this all just seems really complicated for me to do especially without a mentor. I plan to start volunteering at a kidney center next month and get a part time job on the weekends. At the moment I am applying to stem/medicine based internships. I need some advice. I am 16 and in 10th grade. I plan to major in chemistry and I aspire to be a dermatologist.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Keimirah560 views

what is some good colleges in tennessee to go to for nursing?

colleges in tennessee

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Khylah687 views

What do I do when I get there?

Hi I'm Khylah and I'm in 11th grade I'm planning on doing running start and I'm super scared if I'm being honest I don't know my path or where i should go I already have a dream college so I just need help on what classes i can take?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Valentina706 views

What got you into college?

What got you into college? What are some things that colleges like to see? If I’m a sophomore in high school, what unique thing should I do?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
nia1047 views

How do I qualify to get into a HBCU on a full scholar ship?

I want to go to a hbcu when I go to college but I want to go on a full scholar ship. How would I qualify for that? Is there anything I can do now? Im 15 almost 16 and im a sophomore in hs.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nathan341 views

How do you expose yourself to colleges outside of your area and how old do you have to be to be recruited?

I’m in 8th grade trying to figure things out so I make the right decision in high school

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Levi291 views

What are some great colleges to attend in Minnesota?

Colleges that are D2 and above

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daisy444 views

Do colleges accept injured athletes?

I want to do wrestling for a college but many people say they won't take injured athletes and want to know if it's true or not. I've had 2 concussions in the past and injured knees.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon