Career Questions tagged Choosing A College

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19, 2021 189 views

What things should be considered in choosing the college or university you are going into?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

applying choosing-a-college college-applications college college-search

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 707 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

career college-major film-production college graduating entertainment filmmaker job producer choosing-a-college student graduate-school jesussaves screenwriting

Michael K.’s Avatar
Michael K. Apr 23, 2018 296 views

Is University of Hartford over priced and is it considered a good school?

I applied to the University of Hartford which is a bit pricey but I am not sure if it's worth it. If there's anyone who applied or is attending this school can give me some info and guidance? University-of-Hartford college paying-for-college choosing-a-college...

money

Grace V.’s Avatar
Grace V. Apr 30, 2018 614 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

medicine loans doctor college medschool vetschool vet choosing-a-college debt financial-aid veterinary healthcare howtodecide

Gordon U.’s Avatar
Gordon U. May 12, 2018 456 views

Is it worth going to my dream school if it costs significantly more than an acedemically comparable school?

I am a high school junior, and I am unsure of if I should choose my dream school (Notre Dame) over a school that is about as good but less expensive. I obviously have not applied to any schools yet, but I am trying to prepare for when I do. college financial-aid choosing-a-college colleges...

finance

Meredith W.’s Avatar
Meredith W. Jun 27, 2018 390 views

What are the best colleges for veterinary medicine?

I want to be a veterinarian when I grow up and I would like to know where I can go to become one. veterinarian veterinary animals college colleges...

choosing-a-college

Grace H.’s Avatar
Grace H. Jun 27, 2018 450 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 577 views

Best colleges for science majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

medicine biology science choosing-a-college chemistry science-major physics

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 502 views

Best colleges for math majors?

college-majors college-major math mathematics choosing-a-college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 483 views

Best computer science colleges in California?

cis computer-science california choosing-a-college

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Jan 17, 2018 560 views
Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Jan 17, 2018 554 views

Branch or Main Campus?

My dad was relatively okay with the college he heard I was going to... until he realized I would be going to the branch that's only 15 minutes away from home, so I can commute, instead of receiving my education at the main campus of the school and staying in the dorms. I decided to go to the...

campus college choosing-a-college

Katharine M.’s Avatar
Katharine M. Jan 16, 2018 377 views

How do you know if you like a college, or the idea of a college?

I'm interested in the University of Florida (though I've prepared like I'm going to a different school) but I don't know if I actually enjoyed the school from the tour, or if I just like the respect that follows the school and the ranking of their programs. college...

choosing-a-college

Chanvichheka L.’s Avatar
Chanvichheka L. Jan 16, 2018 456 views

How do i know if the college im going to is right for me?

What if the college I'm going to has programs and classes that will benefit me, but doesn't have what I need for my future? college-advice college college-choice choosing-a-college...

academic-advising

Hartasia T.’s Avatar
Hartasia T. Jan 16, 2018 372 views

How do you know you've made the right decision about college?

I am having a hard time picking which college I'd like to go to. nursing college...

choosing-a-college

Seneca R.’s Avatar
Seneca R. Mar 26, 2018 499 views

Should I go to a more expensive, prestigious school for the experience and opportunities, or take a more affordable route so that I will have less financial burden in the future?

I got accepted to UCLA, however, I am wondering if it is worthwhile to attend UCLA if it means that I will create more debt for myself in the future. I want the diversity, club organizations, experience, and research opportunities that it offers (I am an Undeclared- Life Sciences major at the...

college-advice undeclared experience college ucla affordablility college-selection choosing-a-college

Kierstyn P.’s Avatar
Kierstyn P. Mar 06, 2018 394 views

Should you consider weather when choosing a college?

I know this might seem trivial or silly to some people but I think weather could be a really important factor. I've lived in Michigan and Indiana but I've also lived in Texas, both with very different types of weather. I've heard that people who go to school in more northern climates tend to...

college college-factors weather choosing-a-college

Brooke S.’s Avatar
Brooke S. Mar 03, 2018 420 views

Are Heavy Student Loans Worth a "Good" Education?

One of the colleges I have been accepted to is a good school but did not give out good financial aid. How do I weigh the options and figure out when I should look at a different college? choosing-a-college...

financial-aid

Brooke S.’s Avatar
Brooke S. Mar 03, 2018 400 views

How can I be sure I'm choosing the right college?

There are so many options! I've applied to six colleges, but how do I know which one to choose? Aside from financial aid, what are some things I should be looking for? college-applications deciding...

choosing-a-college