Career Questions tagged Choosing A Major

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Apr 26, 2021 251 views

As a student double-majoring in data science and marine biology, will I be able to combine both disciplines in a career?

I am a student in high school approaching college to double major in my two passions, Marnie biology and data science. Data science is a broad field and I am looking how I can pursue these passions through a job combining both disciplines. high-school-students choosing-a-major technology...

aquariumscience job-search career marinesciences

jayelyn R.’s Avatar
jayelyn R. Apr 16, 2021 178 views

If you want to major in nursing should you just major in science ?

Nursing is my passion but Im not sure if I should just major in nursing or any different subjects such as any time of science . college-major choosing-a-major...

college

Phuong V.’s Avatar
Phuong V. Apr 14, 2021 141 views

Are there ways to explore multiple majors before committing to one?

I am aware that colleges have minors, but unsure of how flexible they are with letting students explore multiple majors. double-major...

choosing-a-major

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. Feb 25, 2021 321 views

What career paths can you take when majoring in psychology?

Hi, i'm a sophomore in high-school and am thinking about majoring in psychology in college! What can I do with a major in psychology? What are the pros and cons to majoring in psychology? psychology major...

choosing-a-major

Stacy M.’s Avatar
Stacy M. Feb 24, 2021 138 views

What major should I pick if I want to do something within law enforcement?

I'm currently a junior in high school and I'm having a hard time picking a major. law-school college...

choosing-a-major

Christian E.’s Avatar
Christian E. Feb 23, 2021 160 views

when looking to find out what major i am interested in, what do i look at to get a understanding?

i am a Junior in High School and struggling to find out a major i am going to study. I am interesting in the sports industry as well as business majors college-majors choosing-a-major...

sports

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 315 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. GivingisCaring college university major government lawyer college-major...

choosing-a-major

Bryce S.’s Avatar
Bryce S. Oct 23, 2020 286 views

What courses in college are required when majoring in physical therapy?

I am a senior in high school, and I am still trying to decide what to major in for college. I have a few ideas as to what I may want to major in and physical therapy is one of my top choices. Learning about the required college courses can help me understand what to expect for this major....

physicaltherapy courses choosing-a-major

Macarena G.’s Avatar
Macarena G. Aug 28, 2020 184 views

Is international relationships a good major?

I am neither in the scientific side nor the humanities side, i'm just in between. Still, I really enjoy writing, history and politics. Is this major right for me? major...

choosing-a-major

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30, 2020 388 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

july math majors career-plan july20 college careers career-counseling computerscience career major physics career-choice choosing-a-major

Aniyah B.’s Avatar
Aniyah B. Jul 09, 2020 215 views

What’s the biggest problem you’ve had while trying to peruse being a physical therapist ?

I’m going to college and I want to pick being a physical therapist as my major but from the videos I’ve watched they don’t tell much about there struggles. choosing-a-major challenges...

physical-therapist

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 444 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

english-major advice work college-major career-coach business-degree work-experience career career-planning student-advice major business-major student job-experience career-path business-field education help career-counseling career-advice job career-help publishing business english english-degree choosing-a-major

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 480 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

english-major advice work college-major business-degree work-experience career career-planning student-advice major business-major student job-experience career-path business-field education help career-counseling career-advice job career-help publishing business english english-degree choosing-a-major