Career Questions tagged Biology

A natural science that focuses on living organisms. Some related careers are a biochemist, high school teacher, biomedical engineering, and many more. For more information, please read below.

Alisa K.’s Avatar
Alisa K. Jul 07 51 views

how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship...

#doctor

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 53 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#medicine #medical #research #biology

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 149 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#psychology #college #biology #research #college-major #major #business #university #undeclared

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 66 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 67 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 76 views
Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 56 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 66 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Jun 01 110 views

What volunteer opportunities would match well with STEM related majors?

I am a 10th grader and I have my eyes set on being a biochemistry major. I want to know what places or organizations I can help out! #biochemistry #college-major #biology...

#volunteer

Jack F.’s Avatar
Jack F. May 30 101 views

What college courses do i need to take to become a genetic engineer?

I’m looking to become a genetic engineer in plants. I am only in 9th grade but already planning for college and am trying to figure out how to achieve my goal. Any help would be useful, Thanks. #college #genetic #college #geneticengineer #biology...

#stem

Tamra W.’s Avatar
Tamra W. May 25 98 views

MA skills differences

I graduated with associate in applied science for medical assistant in 2008, went back for healthcare administration but didn't finish how can I get a job in my field asap .I've done research...job search EVERY thing.... #medicalismydream #internship #biology #medicine #healthcare...

#doctor

Thomas S.’s Avatar
Thomas S. May 22 148 views

What are some effective ways to transfer into the biomedical engineering field after getting a bachelor's in biology and environmental engineering?

I am currently a fourth year student (graduating after one more year) at the University of Georgia pursuing a B.S. in Biology and a B.S.ENVE in Environmental Engineering. I added my environmental engineering degree during my second year because I wanted to supplement my biology curriculum with...

#environmental-engineering #engineer #biology #engineering #biomedical-engineering

Kamal C.’s Avatar
Kamal C. May 17 132 views
Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 76 views
Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 85 views

Any advice on how to build a research resume during the lockdown?

I'm a neuroscience and psychology student trying to get into research. My plans for this summer (interships/jobs) were postponed or cancelled. An #research #psychology #biology y advice on some alternate ways I can build my research experience during the...

Shannon S.’s Avatar
Shannon S. May 07 198 views
Niharika S.’s Avatar
Niharika S. May 05 138 views

How important is it to be a part of extra curricular activities in college?

I have just completed first year at the University of Western Ontario in General Science. I will be majoring in Biology and have a long term goal of becoming a doctor. #biology #science...

#medicine

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 150 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#college #biology #calculus #mathematics #chemistry #science #major #university #bioscience #math

chizaram A.’s Avatar
chizaram A. Apr 22 95 views

What can I do with a bachelors of biomedical sciences major?

Hi, I am a current high school student who would love to major in biomedical sciences next year in college. I wish to work with children, as a pediatrician or something of that field. However, I don’t want to do lab-based work with my degree before attending medical school. I’m still also...

#healthcare #college #biology #doctor #medicine

mihika S.’s Avatar
mihika S. Apr 18 93 views

what can i do to become a marine biologist?

Ive always had an immense passion for this subject, now heading into highschool i would like to know what are the small steps that i can take to ensure getting into one of the best colleges for marine biology or zoology. I have takes approxamately 15 dives and passes the first level exam, That...

#biology #marine-biology