Career Questions tagged Biology

A natural science that focuses on living organisms. Some related careers are a biochemist, high school teacher, biomedical engineering, and many more. For more information, please read below.

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. 2 days ago 27 views

Do I need to be good at math to succeed as a Biology major?

I like biology, but I struggle with math. I really want to be either a biologist or a forensic scientist. Anyone in the biology field bad at math? #biology #science #math #mathematics...

Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Feb 24 32 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

#doctor #biology #medicine #pre-med #chemistry #health

Morgan W.’s Avatar
Morgan W. Feb 19 47 views

What degree would I need to work as a salesman for a seed company?

I’d like to help farmers be more efficient and get greater yields. #science #biology #agriculture #dekalb, #agleader...

#pioneer

Tanish R.’s Avatar
Tanish R. Feb 18 42 views

How does CRISPR work?

I am a tenth grade student interested in learning more about gene expression and modification as well as protein synthesis. #genetics #crispr #biology #molecular...

Brooke M.’s Avatar
Brooke M. Feb 12 96 views

What kind of volunteer work should I do for anesthesiology?

I have worked with the Florida Department of Health in research, I have made blankets for the homeless and have helped develop a social media platform for pancreatic cancer awareness. I am going to school for my BS in pre med and ecology. I don't know if it is frowned upon to not get any...

#hospital-and-health-care #biology #volunteer #anesthesiologist #hospital #doctor #medicine #pre-med #anesthesia #internship #college

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Jan 04 81 views

I am confused. Please help

I am planning to work in a company like Illumina, Moderna, Genentech, or something similar. My question is what should I major in. Also how long do I need to study? Do I need to have a Ph.D.? What is the entry-level salary? Major in Bioinformatics Major In computer science and minor in...

#phd #in #bioinformatics #biology

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26, 2020 146 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

alexis W.’s Avatar
alexis W. Nov 03, 2020 71 views

biochemist and biophysicist

im a sophomore in high school and i'd like to learn more about being a biochemist or biophysicist. whats it like on the job and what are the hours like? #biochemist #biophysicist...

#biology

Fabian F.’s Avatar
Fabian F. Oct 30, 2020 88 views

What should I major in if I want to become an epidemiologist?

I'm a high school senior and I'm thinking of majoring in microbiology with a minor of statistics; would these be good choices if I want to eventually join the epidemiology field? #majors #university #epidemiology...

#biology

jemima S.’s Avatar
jemima S. Oct 17, 2020 94 views

i dont know and i know what i want

i know i want something related to biology and maybe a lab, or forensics; but i dont know what can fit into a biology carrear that i feel accomplished. I was looking for biomedical engineering, please give me examples and more majors/ideas. #biology #lost #biomedicine...

#health

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Sep 21, 2020 101 views

What is the work like for a Marine Biologist?

I am a person who wants to live coastal and I love the ocean and marine life within it. #biology...

#zoology

Kamarie C.’s Avatar
Kamarie C. Sep 04, 2020 109 views
salma I.’s Avatar
salma I. Aug 28, 2020 136 views
Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jul 30, 2020 155 views

What are some careers related to genetics?

I find myself drawn to genetics. In case I want to pursue a career in genetics, what all options lie before me? #medicine #biology #genetics...

#career-choice

Marilin M.’s Avatar
Marilin M. Jul 30, 2020 99 views

Why do wildlife biologist get paid very little compared to the other sciences and how can we avoid that fate?

Hi, I'm Marilin, I'm a biology student at camden county college. I plan on getting my associates in biology at camden county college and then transfer to Rowan University for a bachelor's in biology and hopefully be able to minor in environmental science. I hope to become a wildlife biologist...

#biologist #biology #future #wildlife-biologist

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29, 2020 153 views

I'm interested in becoming a surgeon, but I'm feeling a little intimidated by the intense hours required of surgical fellows. Is it possible to balance work life with a family life in this setting?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning to #major in #biology and continue on to get my MD. I am considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon, but I want to have a better understanding of the #work-life balance of #surgical #fellows. #doctor #surgery #pediatrics...

#neurosurgeon

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 136 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#gradschool #july20 #biology #bio #chemistry #chem #phd #research

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 19, 2020 107 views

What are the best colleges for studying Neuroscience?

I'm a rising senior in high school and really interested in majoring in Neuroscience for college. Any schools strong in this subject? Preferably on the west coast? Thanks! #college #neuroscience #july20...

#biology

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18, 2020 203 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#july20 #biology #career #job #major #biology-major #business #research

Alisa K.’s Avatar
Alisa K. Jul 07, 2020 179 views

how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship...

#doctor

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03, 2020 159 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#biology #medicine #medical #research

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28, 2020 323 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#college-major #undeclared #psychology #biology #major #university #business #research #college

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 137 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 152 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry