Career Questions tagged Biology

A natural science that focuses on living organisms. Some related careers are a biochemist, high school teacher, biomedical engineering, and many more. For more information, please read below.

Sapna B.’s Avatar
Sapna B. 2 days ago 35 views

I'm good in biology but I don't want to go in medical field. I love engineering but I'm not good in math. So I'm struggling what to do?

I would choose any career related to biology but with less involvement in medical field. I think that kind if job is hard to find but at least I need some kind of suggestions from anyone.

Braden B.’s Avatar
Braden B. May 10 77 views

What courses should I take to become an Aquatic Biologist?

I've always loved the outdoors and freshwater life, what paths should I take to implement this into my career in the future.

Jessie C.’s Avatar
Jessie C. Apr 03 113 views

Courses in high school

A lot of colleges recommend that students take all three fundamentals of science (biology, chemistry, physics), however I'm looking into doing AP Biology instead of doing physics since biology is more related to my field of interest. Will that affect anything when I'm applying to college?

Alayn C.’s Avatar
Alayn C. Mar 28 113 views

Are there any hobbies that would further knowledge on a biology orientated career path?

I would like to participate in activities that would further my knowledge an experience in biology or science as a whole.

Alayn C.’s Avatar
Alayn C. Mar 28 101 views

What are good skills to learn for someone wanting to have a career in biology.

I'm young with not much experience or knowledge about my career path choice and would like to learn.

Leo C.’s Avatar
Leo C. Mar 28 96 views

How much conservation work is involved in marine biology?

I'd like to work with species and/or environment conservation, like protecting endangered species and reefs.

Leo C.’s Avatar
Leo C. Mar 28 118 views

What kind of internship work does one have to do in the marine biology field?

I'm planning to get an Associates degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences before getting a Bachelors in Marine Biology.

Jessica D.’s Avatar
Jessica D. Feb 18 162 views

Marine Archaeologist vs. Marine Biologist?

I want to become a marine biologist, but i also want to discover lost civilizations.
What career has both of these career descriptions and what subjects and/or courses should I take?
#environmental-science #marine-biology #biology #archeologist #marine-archeology

Samuel L.’s Avatar
Samuel L. Feb 09 143 views

As a current high school student what college courses do you recommend we take before going to college?

I'm currently taking AP Biology, and a college US History. I was just curious if there are any classes that I could benefit from in high school, before going to college. #college #biology #high-school #history

Benjamin T.’s Avatar
Benjamin T. Feb 07 187 views

How difficult is it to obtain a job as a researcher for a cure for cancer?

I am aware such a job may be a little far-fetched, however, I want to know just how difficult it is to get into such a field of work. I also was wondering what kind of pay and work conditions would accompany such a job. Thank you for your time. #job #career #job-search #science #biology

Benjamin T.’s Avatar
Benjamin T. Feb 07 166 views

I'm interested in science and coding fields, what kinds of jobs would best suit me?

I am a student who I have found thinks in a more logical, factual way than others. I have also found that I am fascinated in biology and how cancer works, however I am also intrigued by the inner workings of computers and enjoy coding. I am very uncertain of the full scope of options that are...

Anna D.’s Avatar
Anna D. Feb 03 165 views

How do you get an internship?

During college, I'd like to intern in marine biology. #biology #internship #marine-biology

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Jan 07 292 views

what is agar?

#medicine #doctor #premed #healthcare #biology #healthcare #medical #labortry #pediatrics #surgeon

an P.’s Avatar
an P. Jan 05 297 views

Biologists, what does a typical work day look like for you?

I'm curious about this job because I'm interested in pursuing it after post secondary. Do you guys have to travel a lot? Work in unusual climates? See alot of insects?

#earthscience #stem #biology #science #education #tech #marine-biology #computer-science

Dania N.’s Avatar
Dania N. Dec 02, 2021 297 views

how do i know if biomedical engineering is good for me?

I like biology, technology, learning about the human body, saving lives, and research. I don't like math but I can tolerate it a little bit. hopefully one day i will choose a major that includes all of my interests. #biology #engineering #science #biomedicalengineering #stem #research #career...

Varsha K.’s Avatar
Varsha K. Nov 04, 2021 197 views

Advice for PhD application

Hello,

When applying to PhD's what do you think looks more attractive for admissions, a Master's without a thesis while working in a research lab or a Master's with a thesis? I have a low undergrad GPA and am trying to make up for it with a Master's before a biology PhD. #college #biology #gpa #phd

Demetrius P.’s Avatar
Demetrius P. Nov 02, 2021 257 views

what are the worst and best parts of being a biochemical engineer

I'm looking to start a career in biochemical engineering and I'd like to be mentally prepared for any unexpected hardships.

#biology #biomedical-engineering #biochemical #chemical #engineering #engineer #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer #civil-engineering

Ruveyda A.’s Avatar
Ruveyda A. Oct 30, 2021 166 views

Which major is more fun to study Health sciences or Life sciences?

I don't like studying math and physics a lot. #biology #science #health-science #life-science

Aaron J.’s Avatar
Aaron J. Oct 26, 2021 181 views

What does a typical day look like being a Sustainability Specialist

When I was younger I didn't like to litter or do damage or throw waste to the planet even if I did it on accident. I felt bad cause this is our only home and we're slowly destroying it. I want to create plans, develop goals and strategies to save waste and to slow down on pollution of the...