Career Questions tagged Biology

A natural science that focuses on living organisms. Some related careers are a biochemist, high school teacher, biomedical engineering, and many more. For more information, please read below.

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26 37 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

alexis W.’s Avatar
alexis W. Nov 03 33 views

biochemist and biophysicist

im a sophomore in high school and i'd like to learn more about being a biochemist or biophysicist. whats it like on the job and what are the hours like? #biochemist #biophysicist...

#biology

Fabian F.’s Avatar
Fabian F. Oct 30 46 views

What should I major in if I want to become an epidemiologist?

I'm a high school senior and I'm thinking of majoring in microbiology with a minor of statistics; would these be good choices if I want to eventually join the epidemiology field? #majors #university #epidemiology...

#biology

jemima S.’s Avatar
jemima S. Oct 17 56 views

i dont know and i know what i want

i know i want something related to biology and maybe a lab, or forensics; but i dont know what can fit into a biology carrear that i feel accomplished. I was looking for biomedical engineering, please give me examples and more majors/ideas. #biology #lost #biomedicine...

#health

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Sep 21 74 views

What is the work like for a Marine Biologist?

I am a person who wants to live coastal and I love the ocean and marine life within it. #biology...

#zoology

Kamarie C.’s Avatar
Kamarie C. Sep 04 88 views
salma I.’s Avatar
salma I. Aug 28 104 views

Should i study medicine?

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jul 30 126 views

What are some careers related to genetics?

I find myself drawn to genetics. In case I want to pursue a career in genetics, what all options lie before me? #medicine #biology #genetics...

#career-choice

Marilin M.’s Avatar
Marilin M. Jul 30 73 views

Why do wildlife biologist get paid very little compared to the other sciences and how can we avoid that fate?

Hi, I'm Marilin, I'm a biology student at camden county college. I plan on getting my associates in biology at camden county college and then transfer to Rowan University for a bachelor's in biology and hopefully be able to minor in environmental science. I hope to become a wildlife biologist...

#biology #wildlife-biologist #future #biologist

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29 125 views

I'm interested in becoming a surgeon, but I'm feeling a little intimidated by the intense hours required of surgical fellows. Is it possible to balance work life with a family life in this setting?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning to #major in #biology and continue on to get my MD. I am considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon, but I want to have a better understanding of the #work-life balance of #surgical #fellows. #doctor #surgery #pediatrics...

#neurosurgeon

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 97 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#phd #bio #research #chem #gradschool #july20 #biology #chemistry

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 19 86 views

What are the best colleges for studying Neuroscience?

I'm a rising senior in high school and really interested in majoring in Neuroscience for college. Any schools strong in this subject? Preferably on the west coast? Thanks! #college #neuroscience #july20...

#biology

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jul 18 165 views

what are some potential jobs you could do if you study in biology in college?

I am studying biology in college, but I do not know how does this major helps me in future career. I understand that my future job might have nothing related to what I study in college. Asides from being a researcher working in labs, what other jobs this major would lead to? People also said...

#career #research #business #job #major #july20 #biology-major #biology

Alisa K.’s Avatar
Alisa K. Jul 07 134 views

how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship...

#doctor

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 106 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#medical #medicine #biology #research

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 237 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#college-major #undeclared #research #psychology #university #college #business #major #biology

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 105 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 122 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 114 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 133 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Taylor C.’s Avatar
Taylor C. Jun 01 174 views

What volunteer opportunities would match well with STEM related majors?

I am a 10th grader and I have my eyes set on being a biochemistry major. I want to know what places or organizations I can help out! #biochemistry #college-major #biology...

#volunteer

Jack F.’s Avatar
Jack F. May 30 139 views

What college courses do i need to take to become a genetic engineer?

I’m looking to become a genetic engineer in plants. I am only in 9th grade but already planning for college and am trying to figure out how to achieve my goal. Any help would be useful, Thanks. #college #genetic #college #geneticengineer #biology...

#stem