Career questions tagged chemistry

Chemistry plays a significant role in understanding diseases and their remedies. Popular careers for a chemist involve pharmaceutical sales, food and flavor chemist, water quality chemist, and many more. Please read below. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
S.J.322 views

Wat careers include math and chemistry?

I am interested in math and chemistry also in basic biology and basic physics

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha585 views

Do you think it is worth doing the IB program to get into a top 20 school?

I selected my classes for next year and chose to do the IB program. I am starting to regret that choice. I would rather do partial IB. Do you think It’ll look bad if I drop out of the IB program to do partial IB? My goal is to get into a top 20 school. Also my school is an IB school so they do not offer AP classes. I am currently in 10th grade.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
meadow251 views

Should I take high school chemistry 1 and 2 to prepare for a forensic psychology degree?

Either way, i think i was told i will have to take chem in college at some point so should i get it done in high school and will it help with my career?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John381 views

How can I use my expertise in Chemistry for other things other than Science?

How can I use my expertise in Chemistry for anything other than science? Being a teacher is a good thing, but I would like to go down a different path because I wouldn't say I like the prospect of being a teacher.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hailey630 views

What is the best way to find internships/jobs in my field to help pay for college?

I am currently a second-year chemistry major, on grants, scholarships and student loans.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Will287 views

How to know about Chemistry?

I want to know about it.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
daniel484 views

i struggled to find out what i wanted to in my future and recently discovered my interest in forensic science but i am not taking biology and chemistry. Is it a requirement to have taken these classes in order to do it in university?

forensic science guidence if i have already picked my subjects in high school

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jaenah175 views

How do you pass AP Chemistry with a relatively good grade?

Tips on school

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jonathan190 views

What is an easier way to memorize the chemical formula of Nitro Glycerin (C3H6N3O9)?

What is an easier way to memorize the chemical formula of Nitro Glycerin (C3H6N3O9)

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bilyaminu179 views

what is energy?

what is energy?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Scarlett183 views

How much money does a forensic artist make and how much money does a toxicologist make?

I am in my last year of middle school and I am stuck between wanting to be an artist or a forensic artist or a toxicologist. My ideal job would be to be an artist and sell my work (if someone could give ways to sell art that would be much appreciated) but I have heard that artists do not make much money. My next two would be to be a forensic artist or a toxicologist. How much money do they make yearly and what would their schedule look like? I have greatly enjoy art and I have been told that my art is good, so going off of that with practice obviously I think I could sell my art.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaac317 views

In Forensics, how does Luminol interact specifically with other chemicals and substances and what produces the most drastic outcome?

I may not have spelled Luminol correctly so I hope I was not too far off from the point. By drastic, I mean what chemical or substance would produce the most desired outcome?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Stephanie222 views

How can I get legitimate scholarships as an international student?

I am a freshman and a STEM major. I am also an African international student.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nohemi901 views

If if don’t take chemistry in HS then in college will I retake the class ?

Will I have to take a summer program in college

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexandra563 views

What are the best ways to find someone to interview?

Hello! I’m a high school junior looking for someone to interview for my engineering class. The only requirements are that they are from an engineering or tech heavy background although personally i’m very interested in science or programming related fields so that would be preferable. I would also prefer that they live in/are from/went to School in my state-north carolina, but that’s not a requirement. I tried linked in and googling to find professionals near me but the majority of what came up was add listings. Does anyone have advice on how I can find someone in that field who would be interested in an interview?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josiah216 views

How do I improve in chemistry and advance to the next level?

I need help in chemistry. I pay attention and I answer the questions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Christina219 views

How do I get better grades on exams in chemistry and remember the materials that are taught?

Advice on getting better grades on exams in chemistry and remember the materials that are taught

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Anna391 views

How can I reach out to science labs asking for an internship as a high school student?

Could anyone provide email templates for requesting a medical or chemistry internship as a high school student trying to work with popular and selective research labs?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Selena682 views

What did you do with your chemistry degree ?

Im wondering if going for chemistry is worth it? What do you do now with a chemistry degree and are you happy?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Diya1543 views

Can a chemical engineer work in the pharmaceutical industry?

Can a chemical engineer work in the pharmaceutical industry, where they might create new medicines, synthetic versions of existing medicines, or use cells to help understand diseases, disease pathways, and human responses to drugs? If so can you please advise on the degree and pathway needed to peruse this career.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Eric1042 views

What courses should I take in high school should I take if I want to start a career in forensic science?

i want to do something in forensics and i want to know which courses i should take for that specific field. also im in 8th grade so im asking this before i have to actually pick

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours229 views

What career path should I follow based on the following information?

I'm an 18-year-old freshly out of high school. I'm not really sure about what I should pursue in college. My interests incline towards chemistry, biology, and psychology and I feel like I want to do something in the field of biology. But the thing is, in this field whatever I'm inclining toward seems like it wouldn't really help me with any placements and job opportunities, at least till I complete my master's in the course. Also, the earning also seems pretty low, specifically in India. I did think about going in the direction of med, but the competition seems way too high, and it feels very challenging so I'm not really sure about it. I was thinking about choosing between pharmacy and biotechnology, but in both cases, the placements and the opportunities seem to be lacking in India. What should I do? Note: this question was asked anonymously by a student

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adrienne165 views

What are the best colleges with medical programs? (Taking into account affordability, uniqueness, everything else)

I plan on becoming a medical scientist (or biomedical). I've taken honors biology and honors chemistry and science is my best subject. I plan on majoring in bio.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aiyanna674 views

Can you get a career as a forensic scientist with a chemistry and/or chemical engineering degree?

I am currently in college studying chemistry as an incoming freshman and I know that I love chemistry, I have a passion for STEM, and I want to make a future career from this. However, I don't know if graduating with a chemistry degree or chemical engineering degree is more valuable in the future when trying to get jobs in the science/research field. This year I want to be dedicated, successful, prosperous, and focused on hard work and building my experiences.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Symbat661 views

What are the challenges and problems facing modern chemical engineers in solving global problems?

I want to become a chemical engineer and I also want to contribute to solving global problems such as climate change, alternative forms of energy and etc. In this case it is important to know what challenges I need to be prepared for as a 16 year old teenager.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nicole144 views

Are there any types of jobs out there that are more hands-on but less agressive in the science field?

I don't want the fear of failed surgeries but I also don't want to be in a lab all day.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Trackamason331 views

What does being an Ethnobotanist look like?

Hours, research, interactions, level of physical activity.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julia282 views

Why did you choose to go the pre-med path?

How did you know it was the correct choice?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
payton197 views

What does a typical day as a food scientist look like?

What are some things that you work on or have experimented with? Have you made any interesting discoveries?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angela605 views

What classes t take or neuroscience / biomedical enginnering major ?

I am 16, currently in 10th grade. I have selected AP Micro, AP Stats, and AP Seminar for my 11th-grade year, and I have chosen Environmental Science as a science class. I had planned to take a business major but I am also conflicted as I want to take a neuroscience or biomedical engineering major as well. I have only previously taken biology and physics for my science classes and I am afraid I won't be qualified for these majors since I haven't taken enough science classes yet (such as Chemistry) and I'm already in my third year of highschool. Even so, I wouldn't be able to take AP Chem or AP Bio since I don't have chemistry as a prerequisite. Should I keep my 11th-grade classes the same or should I switch some/all of them out? What should I take in 12th grade? I also want to have AP Micro as an option in case of a back-up plan if I need to resort back to taking a Business major.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon