Career Questions tagged Chemistry

Chemistry plays a significant role in understanding diseases and their remedies. Popular careers for a chemist involve pharmaceutical sales, food and flavor chemist, water quality chemist, and many more. Please...

Lola H.’s Avatar
Lola H. Jun 11 32 views

What should I pursue in post-secondary?

I am artistic and empathetic. I enjoy acting and science. #art...

#chemistry

tracy L.’s Avatar
tracy L. Mar 19 100 views
Anirudh P.’s Avatar
Anirudh P. Mar 04 227 views

What is required for Electronics Engineering

It’s required to have a bachelor’s degree for college degree scholarship to learn how to repair electronic devices. #scholarships #engineering...

#chemistry

Mike F.’s Avatar
Mike F. Mar 04 92 views

What makes silver fulminate so explosive?

I've seen those little "bang snap" things that you throw on the ground to make a bang sound, but was wondering why the silver fulminate is so reactive. I also watched an episode of breaking bad where the main character threw a large chunk of it at the floor and the entire room exploded. Is...

#chemistry

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 04 100 views

Should I take Honors Organic Chemistry and AP Chemistry together?

I will be going into 11th grade next year, and I'm interested in going into Pre-Med. Here is my schedule for next year: Hon. Pre-Calc w/ Trig AP US History AP English 3 Hon. French IV AP Chemistry String Orchestra (Gym) I have space for 1 elective, so I was wondering if it would be better to...

#honors #ap #chemistry #organic-chemistry #courses #high-school-student #sophomore

Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Feb 24 248 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

#pre-med #doctor #chemistry #biology #health #medicine

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Feb 17 348 views

What does it take to become a Scientist?

This is another kind of career I'd like to study one day. If I want to become a Scientist for my future, what do I need to learn? Like what degree do I need? Or where could be a perfect college? Because I'm planning to learn about some Chemistry, Anatomy, and mostly Technology Science. #science...

#anatomy #career #chemistry #technology

Amparo C.’s Avatar
Amparo C. Nov 05, 2020 120 views

I am a junior and I have known that I want to be a chemist but I am not sure what subfield of chemistry I would like to study and base my career on. What are some subfields in chemistry I could consider based on my interests?

In school I am in a pre calculus class which I am taking as a dual credit class that I quite frankly enjoy and understand. I am also in a chemistry class that I enjoy and understand as well. I love doing labs and experiments. I also enjoy observing marine life. One hobby that I have is...

#chemistry

Bradley P.’s Avatar
Bradley P. Nov 05, 2020 195 views

What do Chemist do?

#chemistry #science When you go into the Chemist occupation, what do the chemist do in their...

salma I.’s Avatar
salma I. Aug 28, 2020 185 views
Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Jul 30, 2020 210 views

How do I know that majoring in Chemistry is right for me?

When I was a sophomore I took chemistry and I actually really liked it. Now going into my last year of high school I’m taking AP Chemistry and I hope it gives me an idea if Chemistry is the right fit for me. Learning about what chemistry is made me wonder so much about how so many things we...

#career-counseling #majors #chemistry #july20

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 186 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#chemistry #chem #phd #research #gradschool #july20 #bio #biology

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 468 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Pawan S.’s Avatar
Pawan S. Jul 05, 2020 406 views

I am confused about my career selection

I am in TyBSC from #chemistry field I like #zoology...

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 191 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24, 2020 206 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Shirley L.’s Avatar
Shirley L. Jun 09, 2020 183 views

How to find volunteer opportunities for research and statistician in the Department of Education?

#research #education #chemistry I will be finishing a EDS degree in Education in December. I also have an education and professional background in research and...

Kamal C.’s Avatar
Kamal C. May 17, 2020 572 views
Kyrstin D.’s Avatar
Kyrstin D. May 05, 2020 244 views

What types of programs should I learn if I want to be a chemical engineer?

Aloha, My name is Kyrstin D. , I'm a college student working on a Chemistry BS major, and I want to be a chemical engineer. I'm currently working as an administrative assistant at an electrical engineering company, and I was wondering if any of the programs used at my company would be good...

#chemical-engineering #chemistry #chemical-engineer #engineer #engineering

Alysa C.’s Avatar
Alysa C. Mar 27, 2020 154 views

What sparked your interest in forensic chemistry?

I'm currently a junior and I want to get more insight on the interests and daily lives of a forensic chemist. I want to have this job when I am older. #forensic...

#chemistry

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29, 2020 193 views

How do you study for Chemistry?

I am taking Intro Chemistry and having a tough time remembering all the laws, rules, how to read and find certain information on the periodic table, and all the various math problems. How do you go about studying for Chemistry?...

#chemistry