Career Questions tagged Chemistry

Chemistry plays a significant role in understanding diseases and their remedies. Popular careers for a chemist involve pharmaceutical sales, food and flavor chemist, water quality chemist, and many more. Please...

Claudia G.’s Avatar
Claudia G. Jul 30 40 views

How do I know that majoring in Chemistry is right for me?

When I was a sophomore I took chemistry and I actually really liked it. Now going into my last year of high school I’m taking AP Chemistry and I hope it gives me an idea if Chemistry is the right fit for me. Learning about what chemistry is made me wonder so much about how so many things we...

#chemistry #majors #july20 #career-counseling

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 39 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#chem #july20 #phd #gradschool #biology #research #chemistry #bio

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 118 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Pawan S.’s Avatar
Pawan S. Jul 05 184 views

I am confused about my career selection

I am in TyBSC from #chemistry field I like #zoology...

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 72 views

What are the career pathways for those who are interested in chemistry and molecular biology?

I'm a rising high school junior and I am understanding career pathways in order to choose a major suited to my interests. Thank you! #chemistry #biology #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Megan M.’s Avatar
Megan M. Jun 24 79 views

What are the best paying careers in the bio-chemistry/molecular biology career field?

I have heard that it is difficult to find a well-paying job in these fields and I am contemplating taking on a major similar to this in college. #biology #chemistry #molecular-biology #biochemistry...

#bio-chemistry

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 19 85 views
Shirley L.’s Avatar
Shirley L. Jun 09 77 views

How to find volunteer opportunities for research and statistician in the Department of Education?

#research #education #chemistry I will be finishing a EDS degree in Education in December. I also have an education and professional background in research and...

Kamal C.’s Avatar
Kamal C. May 17 140 views
Kyrstin D.’s Avatar
Kyrstin D. May 05 151 views

What types of programs should I learn if I want to be a chemical engineer?

Aloha, My name is Kyrstin D. , I'm a college student working on a Chemistry BS major, and I want to be a chemical engineer. I'm currently working as an administrative assistant at an electrical engineering company, and I was wondering if any of the programs used at my company would be good...

#chemistry #chemical-engineer #engineer #engineering #chemical-engineering

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 161 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#major #university #college #biology #chemistry #science #calculus #bioscience #math #mathematics

Alysa C.’s Avatar
Alysa C. Mar 27 70 views

What sparked your interest in forensic chemistry?

I'm currently a junior and I want to get more insight on the interests and daily lives of a forensic chemist. I want to have this job when I am older. #forensic...

#chemistry

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29 126 views

How do you study for Chemistry?

I am taking Intro Chemistry and having a tough time remembering all the laws, rules, how to read and find certain information on the periodic table, and all the various math problems. How do you go about studying for Chemistry?...

#chemistry

Charlie W.’s Avatar
Charlie W. Jan 06 197 views

Should I minor in HR Management with a major in Chemistry

I'm an undergrad Chemistry freshman with multiple interests, from IT to music to business to astronomy and of course chemistry :) My questions are for anyone to answer. It will definitely help me make the best decisions. \m/ #chemistry #college #college-major #management #college-minor...

#physics #career-advice

Iyanna O.’s Avatar
Iyanna O. Oct 30, 2019 92 views

Best colleges for pharmacology

I’m a junior in high school currently taking chemistry honors #chemistry...

Ryder M.’s Avatar
Ryder M. Mar 22, 2019 127 views

Do all chemical companies offer job site training after attending a college for process technology?

My brother works for DOW Chemical ad after he was hired he went through a little bit of training and i was just curios if all chemical plants offered it. #chemistry #dow #chemical #chemical-plants...

#science

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. Jan 22, 2019 188 views

What is the day to day basis for someone working as a BIOFUELS PROCESSING TECHNICIAN

This is something i need to know so i can have a better picture of what responsibility's i would have doing this kind of work, the more detailed the better. #electrical-engineering #engineering #engineer #biofuels #biofuels-technician #biology...

#chemistry

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. Jan 22, 2019 187 views

How high is the risk in the work place for BIOFUELS PROCESSING TECHNICIANS

I do not mind if there is some or if its high but i need an idea before i can further decide if this is something i would want to do #engineer #biofuels #engineering #biofuels-technician #biology #chemistry...

#energy

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. Jan 22, 2019 204 views

What should i know before i look more into BIOFUELS PROCESSING TECHNICIANS?

I am in Job Corps and i am looking for a path that will lead me to a career that i can be proud of and in a way give back to the community. #electrical-engineering #biofuels #energy #biofuels-technician #biology...

#chemistry

Katherine T.’s Avatar
Katherine T. Apr 28, 2018 293 views

Do biochemists usually work for larger companies or independent businesses?

I'm planning on majoring in biochemistry and I want to know about what I'll experience after college. #biochemistry #biology...

#chemistry