Career Questions tagged Chemistry

Chemistry plays a significant role in understanding diseases and their remedies. Popular careers for a chemist involve pharmaceutical sales, food and flavor chemist, water quality chemist, and many more. Please...

jason H.’s Avatar
jason H. May 10, 2016 422 views

does your school offer courses in cryptography?

I want to take a course in cryptography. I plan on doing so within the next two years. I have some college history, but not much. I was wondering what some of the pre-requisite's are for this course. #education #chemistry #calculus #cryptography #bio-technology #pre-algebra #trigonometry...

#career-counseling #college #career

Shefali Q.’s Avatar
Shefali Q. May 30, 2017 454 views

Are more innovative jobs available in chemical engineering or computer science during college? What can/should I do in high school to work toward each job?

I am a high school junior and I love the way I get to think in my chemistry class, but I also love engineering and making things with code. I am trying to decide on a major for college. #computer-science #engineering #chemistry #chemical-engineering...

#career-details

Nisa I.’s Avatar
Nisa I. May 26, 2016 453 views

How do I become an evolutionary biologist?

Evolution is a passion of mine, and I want to have some input on the life of an evolutionary biologist, or any other career involved in evolution. 1) What path of education would you take to enter this career? 2) Has it been satisfying, and does the passion still ring true? #science #biology...

#evolutionary-psychology #chemistry #evolutionary-biology

Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016 571 views

In the exotic veterinarian feild, what would be the biggest advantages and disadvantages?

I am looking to pursue a carreer in zoology and working with exotic vets. And i just want to know the benefits and the challenges. #chemistry #veterinarian #zoology #wildlife-biology #life-sciences #zookeeper #animal...

#pets

Samreen F.’s Avatar
Samreen F. Jun 23, 2016 553 views

I have interest in Chemisrty. What are the career choices available

Need career advice related to chemistry #science #chemistry #pharmaceuticals...

#chemical

Yogesh S.’s Avatar
Yogesh S. Jun 22, 2016 315 views

In which stream i should select in higher studies to become a Scientist?

I am interested in studying science. So, I want to become a Scientist. But, I couldn't know to select my stream in higher studies. Please tell me which stream could i select? #research #chemistry #scientist #biologist #chemist...

#ornithologist

Darrian B.’s Avatar
Darrian B. Jun 04, 2016 449 views

What summer course should i enroll in?

Hello. I have just recently graduated from high school and am planning to attend college in the fall. I will be taking a summer class at a local community college and I was wondering which class should I sign up for. I was thinking about signing up for chemistry intro. Is this hard. I took...

#chemistry #education #college

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. May 29, 2016 471 views

Are there webistes out there that can help me when I'm taking my chemistry courses?

I was just curious about if there are different websites that can help me when I'm taking my chemistry courses throughout college. I know that college courses offer students office hours and review sessions so I was just wondering if there was certain sites for individual study. #college...

#tutoring #chemistry #science #biochemistry

Myan N.’s Avatar
Myan N. May 28, 2016 442 views

Any tips for an incoming college freshman student whose majoring in biology?

I'm currently stressing at the moment because I'm weak at chemistry so it worries me for it could be an obstacle for me to get my biology degree. #college #biology #school #chemistry...

#freshman

Myan N.’s Avatar
Myan N. May 28, 2016 562 views

If I don't particularly like chemistry or math, and also weak in the field of chemistry and math, but is doing a biology major, should I choose a different major ?

I am really debating because I am not really good in chemistry, like in really bad, but is currently pursing a biological science major, should I continue it or choose another major? #college #science #math #chemistry #major #majors...

#advice

Samantha J.’s Avatar
Samantha J. May 27, 2016 763 views

What career can I have involving Chemistry?

I really liked learning about chemistry and want to find a career in it. Many have told me to go into a pharmaceutical career path, but it doesn't spark my interest. #college #science #professor #chemistry #chemist...

#class

Tahj S.’s Avatar
Tahj S. May 27, 2016 555 views

What are the advantages of having a doctorate's degree instead of a master's degree in the field of chemistry?

I'm pretty sure I'll go for a master's degree, but I'm not so sure about a doctorate's degree. Is it really worth it? #chemistry...

#doctorate-degree

Tahj S.’s Avatar
Tahj S. May 27, 2016 675 views

What careers could I pursue with a degree in chemistry or biochemistry?

I really like organic chemistry and I find molecular biology pretty interesting. I just want to know what my options would be if I were to get a degree in chemistry or biochemistry, and what those careers are like. I'm already thinking about being a research chemist or a chemical engineer or a...

#chemistry #organic-chemistry #molecular-biology

Alden L.’s Avatar
Alden L. May 25, 2016 592 views
Athena P.’s Avatar
Athena P. May 25, 2016 569 views

What is it really like to be a pharmacist? Is it boring? Do you feel like you're doing something rewarding? Is it worth the money?

A lot of people have told me to go into pharmacy, but I'm worried about feeling like it's a non-rewarding job, as well as messing up someone's prescription and potentially bringing them harm. - I'm a bit of a mess in science (chemistry and biology) lab classes. #medical #biology #chemistry...

#pharmacy #pharmacists

Juan R.’s Avatar
Juan R. May 24, 2016 367 views

i like to play football what can i study?

i really like chemistry but can i do both? #chemistry...

#football

Yanna A.’s Avatar
Yanna A. May 24, 2016 412 views

What can I do with a biochemistry degree?

I like biology and chemistry but am not sure how I want to incorporate this into a medical career. #medical #biology...

#chemistry

Brett C.’s Avatar
Brett C. May 24, 2016 310 views

What questions are available with analytical chemistry?

This is my intended major, and I'm wondering where I can go in this field....

#chemistry

Alexander B.’s Avatar
Alexander B. May 23, 2016 423 views

What can i do with a degree in chemistry?

I enjoy chemistry and would like to make a career out of my passion. #chemistry #bio-chem...

#chemist

Emon D.’s Avatar
Emon D. May 21, 2016 383 views

As a chemistry major, what would be the best internships to aquire as a future pharmacist?

I am currently in school to obtain a bachelor's in chemistry. I plan on studying pharmacy in graduate school, and I would love more insight on my future endevours. #medicine #pre-med #chemistry #pharmacy...

#pharmacists

Vahe G.’s Avatar
Vahe G. May 20, 2016 438 views

Will it be easier for an international student from Armenia to find a job in US with B.S. in Chemistry or with B.S. in Chemical Engineering?

Right now I am taking classes for both majors, and really enjoy pure and applied chemistry. I am unsure which one to choose as my main profession as I want to stay in US and make enough money to pay my loans. #chemistry...

#chemical-engineering

Zakery K.’s Avatar
Zakery K. May 20, 2016 327 views

Can somebody please fill me in on what chemical engineers do, and where jobs are most common for them?

I think I have a pretty good idea on the job description but I would appreciate a legitimate first hand account. Also, I have no clue on where this occupation is found; my family and I are kinda worried I might have to move across the country (which is something I would be willing to do)....

#help #engineering #job-descriptions #chemical #chemistry

Zakery K.’s Avatar
Zakery K. May 20, 2016 312 views

For you chemical engineers, what's the best way to get a head start on paying off your loans you know that you are going occur in college from tuition?

I know that you can get scholarships from the school, such as for ACT score, but is there any other way that I can pay at least 3/4 of this insane debt I know I'm going to rack up throughout college. I'm going to the University of Kansas in the fall of 2017 so I have a little time but PLEASE...

#help #engineering #chemical #scholarships #chemistry

Sofia L.’s Avatar
Sofia L. May 18, 2016 495 views

What kind of engineering career/major could I pursue if I am interested in the food industry and food chemistry as well as business?

I am a senior in high school heading to college next year. I am going to major in engineering, and although I don't have to declare until the end of my freshman year, I am leaning towards Chemical Engineering or Material Science Engineering. I have always been interested in leading a healthy...

#engineering #materials-engineering #career #chemical-engineer #chemical-engineering #business #chemistry #materials-science

Sofia L.’s Avatar
Sofia L. May 18, 2016 5139 views

What would be the major differences between majoring in Chemical Engineering versus Material Science Engineering?

I am going to major in engineering and love chemistry, and although I originally planned to major in Chemical Engineering, I recently heard and learned more about Material Science Engineering. I am now equally interested in both majors, but want to know what the major differences in jobs,...

#engineering #chemical-engineering #materials-engineering #chemistry #materials-science #chemical-engineer

Lindsey E.’s Avatar
Lindsey E. May 18, 2016 387 views

How often will I find myself stuck without anything to do if I want to be a research biochemist?

I want to be a researcher after I graduate college. However, I want to know how often I will be stuck in the lab without any instruction and no work to do. I wish to be as productive as possible, so I'd like to know if I'll always be busy or not. #biology #graduate #chemistry #undergraduate...

#biochemistry

Cristian S.’s Avatar
Cristian S. May 15, 2016 490 views

What are the steps that a virologist under goes to investigate an unknown virus?

My interest career wise is investigation. I'm less than 3 months away to start my bachelors degree in Biology and I have been thinking into what branch I'll be delving in to once I finish it. One of them is virology. I understand that this studies the deseases that viruses cause in an organism....

#virology #life-sciences #microbiology #environmental-science #laboratory #chemistry #biology #environment

Kyle H.’s Avatar
Kyle H. May 15, 2016 684 views

Should I go with a chemistry major or a chemical engineering major?

I like chemistry, but I've always wanted to be an engineer. What's the real difference between the two?...

#chemistry