Career Questions tagged History

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 26 60 views

What are some good careers for people interested in history, writing, and journalism?

I am currently a college student, and I am not sure what career I want to pursue. I am interested in multiple subjects including writing, history, and journalism. Is there a career that combines these things? What are some of the best careers in these subjects? #history #writing...

#career

Eric L.’s Avatar
Eric L. Aug 02 87 views

How to prepare in high school if you want to study history in university

I am currently a Gr. 12 high school student who is interested in humanities and social sciences field (especially history) and would like to take one or two in these field as major(s) of study. I have read some academic books written by various historians, philosophers, sociologists and...

#university #high-school #history #social

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14 171 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#college #medical #history #writing

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. May 22 129 views
Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. May 06 149 views

How do you become a american history teacher??

I love history and I think I would be a good teacher.But I want to be a medflight pilot #history #education...

#teaching

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. May 02 126 views

Tenure Track Requirements in US History Departments?

I'm interested in getting my graduate degrees from universities in the UK, but would ultimately like to return to the U.S. and teach in American Universities. Can I be hired as a tenure track professor if my PhD is not from the U.S. or does that automatically disqualify me from that track? Are...

#tenuretrack #graduate-school #history

Raneil H.’s Avatar
Raneil H. Apr 09 90 views

How do become a baker

I am from Jamaican and I love pets. I also love baking....

#history

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Mar 16 97 views

What do History Graduate Programs look for in their applicant?

How much do history grad programs weigh GPA vs Test Score vs Personal Statement? And what kind of work/internship experience do they look for/if any? #graduate-school...

#history

Kaitlynn O.’s Avatar
Kaitlynn O. Nov 14, 2019 164 views

I don't know what I want to do for a living.

I'm a Junior in highschool and only really enjoy history and art. I'm not very good at art, but I love history. I wouldn't mind working in an office. I also wouldn't mind traveling either. #art #college...

#history

Ella S.’s Avatar
Ella S. Nov 14, 2019 83 views

What kind of college courses should I take to become a historian?

I love #history very much and it's what I would like to do when I graduate from High School and College. What kind of classes should I...

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Jun 07, 2019 167 views

I'm interesting in getting a master's or PhD degree in Architecture History, what are my options?

I'm currently an architecture student pursuing a B.Arch but I'm interesting in eventually studying architecture history more specifically, are there any departments/programs that offer a master's of PhD in that specialization or would I have to go through a more general Art History program?...

#graduate-school #history #architecture

Angel W.’s Avatar
Angel W. Apr 26, 2019 161 views
jalynn R.’s Avatar
jalynn R. Sep 20, 2018 250 views

As a teen how would i start working towards my career as a historian?

I love history its intresting and fun to me its something i look foward to seeing and hearing. #history...

#career-path

Cannon D.’s Avatar
Cannon D. Aug 26, 2018 190 views
WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 287 views

I need to know which classes can assist me in as a History Ed Major.

I am transferring from a community college to a four year college. I have completed an Associates Degree so I have my general education prerequisites completed. Upon transferring to a four year college next year, I am not able to transfer into the History Education Department until I take one...

#college-transfer #classes #education #history #history-education #courses

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 251 views

Best college history programs?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#history

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. May 19, 2018 274 views

Do you think it is too hard to double major in history and musical theater?

I really love acting and singing, but I figure I can always do that as a hobby without training, and I will need a degree to get a job in a history field. #musicaltheater #history...

#doublemajor

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. May 19, 2018 229 views

Would it be best to focus on an area of American history to be able to get a job at a museum or historic site in the US, or can I still study other areas of history, such as ancient civilizations or the Renaissance in Europe?

I really enjoy learning about ancient and European history more, but I figure that if I am looking for a job in the US at a historic site or museum, I would need more of an American history background. I don't know what kind of jobs would be available to someone with a focus on ancient...

#renaissance #history #museum #ancient

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Mar 12, 2018 289 views

Can you describe the day in the life of a museum curator?

I am a prospective history major wanting to become a museum curator or archivist. I am wondering how life is as a museum curator and what the job is like. #museums #history...

#career

Jason Z.’s Avatar
Jason Z. Jan 22, 2018 241 views

How do I communicate with others in and out of high school for the future?

I'm in 11th grade and I have trouble finding connections outside of school. The only people I have to know more about life after high school are my teachers, other students, and myself. In school, my favorite subjects are Biology and History, but I don't particularly know any one who is...

#career #future #history #biology

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jan 22, 2018 351 views

Where do you see the field of History ending up in 20 years with the influx of more technology into not only research but displays and relaying information?

I ask because I hope to work in the museum field someday as a curator and with the influx of new technology of course there will be changes in how we research and display new artifacts. #history #museums #museum-collections...

#educational-technology

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jan 22, 2018 319 views

What would be the most important thing for future historians to consider when researching the past?

My aim is to become a curator at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. and only the top historians are considered for the job because of its prestige, and in doing so having a leg up on the competition would be helpful. #smithsonian #washingtondc #history...

#european-history

Lindsey C.’s Avatar
Lindsey C. Jan 22, 2018 338 views

Travel opportunities for historians

I will pursue a degree in history and would like to know if there are any jobs that will afford me the opportunity to travel. #history...

#travel

Lindsey C.’s Avatar
Lindsey C. Jan 22, 2018 236 views

How can history make a difference in the world today?

I will pursue a degree in history and would like to know how I can use that knowledge to make a difference today....

#history

Shonte D.’s Avatar
Shonte D. Jan 21, 2018 346 views

WHat scholarships could I apply for to be able to attend the Study Abroad Program at my college?

Knowledge is power, and where best to learn about Historical monuments and their impact on the world that to see them in person. #paris #prague #history #knowledge #power...

#scholarships