Career Questions tagged History

Cannon D.’s Avatar
Cannon D. Aug 26, 2018 225 views
WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 329 views

I need to know which classes can assist me in as a History Ed Major.

I am transferring from a community college to a four year college. I have completed an Associates Degree so I have my general education prerequisites completed. Upon transferring to a four year college next year, I am not able to transfer into the History Education Department until I take one...

#courses #college-transfer #history-education #education #classes #history

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 273 views

Best college history programs?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#history

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. May 19, 2018 300 views

Do you think it is too hard to double major in history and musical theater?

I really love acting and singing, but I figure I can always do that as a hobby without training, and I will need a degree to get a job in a history field. #musicaltheater #history...

#doublemajor

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. May 19, 2018 271 views

Would it be best to focus on an area of American history to be able to get a job at a museum or historic site in the US, or can I still study other areas of history, such as ancient civilizations or the Renaissance in Europe?

I really enjoy learning about ancient and European history more, but I figure that if I am looking for a job in the US at a historic site or museum, I would need more of an American history background. I don't know what kind of jobs would be available to someone with a focus on ancient...

#renaissance #museum #ancient #history

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Mar 12, 2018 354 views

Can you describe the day in the life of a museum curator?

I am a prospective history major wanting to become a museum curator or archivist. I am wondering how life is as a museum curator and what the job is like. #museums #history...

#career

Jason Z.’s Avatar
Jason Z. Jan 22, 2018 280 views

How do I communicate with others in and out of high school for the future?

I'm in 11th grade and I have trouble finding connections outside of school. The only people I have to know more about life after high school are my teachers, other students, and myself. In school, my favorite subjects are Biology and History, but I don't particularly know any one who is...

#career #biology #history #future

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jan 22, 2018 392 views

Where do you see the field of History ending up in 20 years with the influx of more technology into not only research but displays and relaying information?

I ask because I hope to work in the museum field someday as a curator and with the influx of new technology of course there will be changes in how we research and display new artifacts. #history #museums #museum-collections...

#educational-technology

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jan 22, 2018 351 views

What would be the most important thing for future historians to consider when researching the past?

My aim is to become a curator at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. and only the top historians are considered for the job because of its prestige, and in doing so having a leg up on the competition would be helpful. #smithsonian #washingtondc #history...

#european-history

Lindsey C.’s Avatar
Lindsey C. Jan 22, 2018 356 views

Travel opportunities for historians

I will pursue a degree in history and would like to know if there are any jobs that will afford me the opportunity to travel. #history...

#travel

Lindsey C.’s Avatar
Lindsey C. Jan 22, 2018 253 views

How can history make a difference in the world today?

I will pursue a degree in history and would like to know how I can use that knowledge to make a difference today....

#history

Shonte D.’s Avatar
Shonte D. Jan 21, 2018 384 views

WHat scholarships could I apply for to be able to attend the Study Abroad Program at my college?

Knowledge is power, and where best to learn about Historical monuments and their impact on the world that to see them in person. #paris #prague #history #knowledge #power...

#scholarships

Kira Q.’s Avatar
Kira Q. Jan 19, 2018 345 views

Would a double major followed by a PhD be too much?

I don't want to spend the rest of my life in school, but I do want to teach at the college level. I'm debating between getting my PhD in history or English/writing. Would it be too much of a hassle to double major and then decide? #double-major #phd #history #writing...

#creative-writing

Alayna W.’s Avatar
Alayna W. Jan 18, 2018 356 views

Are there any available historian jobs in Michigan? If so, how many?

I am hoping to get a job in Michigan after I go to college and graduate with a history degree, and I'm not sure if there are that many historian jobs available. Is there an exact number? If so, where would these jobs be? #history...

#jobsinmichigan

Alayna W.’s Avatar
Alayna W. Jan 18, 2018 274 views

What kind of jobs can I expect to find related to history?

I would like to know because I am interested in history, and one of the only jobs I can think of at the moment is a historian (which is a job I'm interested in) or a job in a museum. What other jobs are there that have to do with history?...

#history

Daniel B.’s Avatar
Daniel B. Jan 16, 2018 248 views

Is it possible to do a dual major in history and engineering?

I am very passionate about both of those two fields and I was wondering if I could reasonably do both #technology #history...

#tech

Lily S.’s Avatar
Lily S. Jan 15, 2018 269 views

What is a typical job for a History or Literature major?

I am thinking of majoring in #history or #literature and am wondering what career path this would put me on. I am not sure what I want to do when I am older, but I do know I love these subjects! Please let me...

Jacob P.’s Avatar
Jacob P. Jan 10, 2018 248 views

dyslexic teaching credentials

Hello I wanted I want to become a history or P.E teacher. I wanted to teach at a school where there are kids with ADD, ADHD, and Dyslexia. Do you need a special type of teaching credential to teach kids with a learning difference. thank you #dyslexia #teachers #dyslexicteacher #dysgraphia...

#history

Mike S.’s Avatar
Mike S. Jun 01, 2017 1446 views

How should I figure out my major?

I've never known what I wanted to do or pursue career wise. I took psychology and sociology in my first year and a half at college, and I liked them, but I don't know what exactly I want to major in. I wouldn't mind studying more into sociology but I also want a career with a pretty decent...

#college #career-counseling #writing #english #philosophy #history #sociology #psychology #undecided #communications

Gavin R.’s Avatar
Gavin R. Aug 31, 2017 512 views

I am a 17 yr old male enrolled as a freshman at Mississippi College. I am thinking I would like to go into pre law. As of now, I am a history major. How do the two go hand in hand? There is a History/Prelaw selection under the major box.

There is a difference in the course curriculum for History, and History Pre-law. I am trying to help my mom and family. She has been a single mother to myself and brother all our lives. It's time to help her for a change. #mclaw #history #law #law-practice #lawyer...

#law-school

Gabby V.’s Avatar
Gabby V. Sep 01, 2017 354 views

What are some jobs that relate to Marine life?

Interested in animals, but confused on well paying jobs in this topic. #marine #ocean #history #biology...

#marine-biology

cristian F.’s Avatar
cristian F. Sep 01, 2017 612 views

can one person change the world?

The nation is dividing, the poor doesn't have a chance to rehabilitate and start a new life, and the rich are getting greedier and only worry about themselves. Families are losing homes and more because our economy is so bad many people argue about the taxes and how much we pay, but that's...

#help #friends #question #economy #history #gamily #politics #everyone #mba

Caitlyn H.’s Avatar
Caitlyn H. Sep 01, 2017 351 views

Undergraduate and Graduate Majors

If I plan on going to graduate school, in undergraduate school do I have to major in the same degree or can the fields be related? For example I want to do archaeology but the international college I am in love with only offers history for undergraduate majors. Do I need to change college...

#archaeology #study-abroad #history

Sonia G.’s Avatar
Sonia G. Sep 01, 2017 397 views

would majoring in Spanish and in History be a good path?

I really love both of these subjects, but personally I'd like to get more input with these subjects. I also want to know what type of classes I'd need to take to make this possible . #history #american-history #world-history #spanish...

#ap-spanish

josee L.’s Avatar
josee L. Aug 30, 2017 449 views

What's the best way to gain art history experience?

I am an art history major and I am struggling to get a job in any museum or galleries. How do I gain real life art history experience? #art #art-history...

#history

Wyatt B.’s Avatar
Wyatt B. Oct 26, 2016 1178 views

What is the average salary for a contemporary blacksmith?

I've been learning forge technique for a while now, nearly two years. I am curious to see if there is any potential for a career. Thank you! #architecture #history #welding #blacksmith #fabrication...

#financial-planning

Christi  W.’s Avatar
Christi W. May 15, 2017 501 views

What are the steps to becoming an archaeologist?

Is there a certain school I should go to if I wanted to become an archaeologist? Would you have to have special training and a major in history? #history #archaeology #archaeologist...

#career-details

Stephanie  P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Feb 10, 2017 532 views

What are some great careers for a history major other than teaching?

I really don't want to be a teacher but I love history so much, & I don't want to make below teacher salary either. #college-major #higher-education #history #historical-research...

#financial-planning