Career questions tagged history

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Alex322 views

how does someone get a job as a teacher?

I want to be a high school history teacher, I am in college for History. I am doing community college at the moment, but for the future when I want to get my teaching credential, how does someone actually get a job at a school as a teacher?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julie380 views

What should we look for in a college as a History major?

Hi, I’m trying to help my son figure out his path to and through college. He is a history buff and his goal is to get a PhD Or doctorate in history. During our research we found a lot of Grad programs and I’m wondering if there are any specific programs or courses we should look into for undergrad to start the way. Any feedback would be appreciate! Thank you!!

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kamerin298 views

What are some colleges and universities that have majors and minors in History related or connected to World War History?

Hi, my name is Kamerin and I'm interested in being a Historian in World War History. I am deeply interested in the subject and the subjects connected to it, such as history of the Czars and communist leaders of Russia, the methods of fighting in small and large scale battles, the changes in the industrial industries of countries, doctrines of different militaries, and etc. This September I will be going into my senior year meaning I will be researching and reaching out to colleges and universities.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
olivia335 views

what are some jobs for history and mythology?

I'm 16 and love history and mythology and was wondering what kind of career i could go in that works specifically with history and mythology

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bianca365 views

How can I start studying more about architecture all over the world and its importance in history ?

I have always found architecture interesting and beautiful and would enjoy making it my career but I'm not sure how or where to start.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours444 views

How to become an Archaeologist?

Share your journey & guide aspiring Archaeologists on their path! Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mbalenhle416 views

Which course would I be able to do with history and tourism

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
isabella288 views

how can I study for history?

I need help to productively study for my history exam within a short period of time.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Andrew1666 views

Can a history major go into a business job?

I love the study of history more than any other subject and if I could major in it I would. I've always heard that history majors are versatile as the soft skills will land you a job from teaching to business. What business jobs can history majors get and how much will they be paid. Would it be harder to major in history and to go into business compared to a business major?

answer icon16 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isabella496 views

How do I become a historian?

After studying history in college, do you have to pursue a higher education?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isabella349 views

What jobs could I get with a history degree?

History is very interesting, but I can only think of becoming a teacher with a degree in it.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jessica469 views

What can I do to bridge my current level of education, as a high school student, to the standards of international universities for English literature and history ?

I live in a country where most matriculation certificates are bought and therefore are not accepted in international institutions. Is there any way that I can bridge the gap between my current level of education and the required qualifications of international schools?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Evan407 views

What is the best way to work in a history field and get played well in it?

I am interested in woman’s and queer history and u would like to work in and around that field, what is the best way to go about that and get payed enough because I know a lot of museum and archive work is volunteer but i would like to work in those investments.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jennifer469 views

How would I go about finding someone to interview for my finals?

How would I go about going finding someone to interview that is working in a field related to my major? (history) It's for finals and I have no social connection whatsoever.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hunter429 views

Collage majors

If I double majored in architecture and American history and Minor in political science would that be the best?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
luke273 views

I have a 3.7 GPA and I play volleyball what are more things I can do to get into Oxford? I will be taking college classes during my senior year which will be history classes, I will major in 10th-century English history.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Addison639 views

What are some good jobs for people who love history?

I don't like talking to people much but I love history, wondering what stuff I might wanna get into

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lydia1020 views

How hard is it to get a job in Archeology?

From the research I have done it seems like a competitive and hard job to get and I love history and finding artifacts in fascinating to me

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sophie844 views

What are some good jobs for people who like history?

Looking for career suggestions for history lovers. Thank you!. . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kalea Jafer291 views

what is it like majoring n film or history?

What should I look forward to or look out for?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kalea Jafer1069 views

How could I be a film historian?

are there any programs I should join?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
chris830 views

what job can I go for with a history degree?

I'm 18 and my hobbies are studying history and mythology building

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaliah225 views

How do you get better one what uu wanna do when you're older?

by researching and asking other if they have history.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julie894 views

How can I get a better understanding on AP U.S History?

I am struggling to understand this course in my school. I would like tips to find ways to build my knowledge so I can pass my AP exam that I will be taking soon .

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kalea Jafer1115 views

What are some jobs that are both film and history related?

What could I do tho get such a job?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Andrew1003 views

Is it better to minor or double major in history?

I'm considering minoring, or double majoring in history. I enjoy studying history and have 6 AP credits of history already. I was wondering if it's better to minor or double major. Which looks better on a resume to employers? If I minor then could I graduate with a double major in two business majors along with a minor in history within four years?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Armon392 views

guide for a polo sci major?

How can I use a job/internship to help me gain experience for the political science/soft science world? What are some opportunities that could help me on this journey?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Zachary634 views

What age level is the best to start a teaching career in history?

What would age level be the best to start a teaching career in history? When should is substitute for a teacher to get class experience? What criteria should you consider for the location of the school?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jocelyn590 views

What can I do to decide what I want to be in life

I’m interested in criminal law and justice. I’m considering being a lawyer, some of my favorite classes are humanities, math, and science. I’m also considering being a therapist but I’m not sure. I wonder steps I could take to further conclude my decision on what I want to be in life.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
laya697 views

What is the best way to prepare for AP tests?

what is the best way to study for test in ap world history, and prepare for the ap test?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon