Career Questions tagged Politics

Jake C.’s Avatar
Jake C. 9 hours ago 14 views

Which colleges have the most actively political student body

I'm a very political person and would prefer to go to a college that is also very openly political #politics...

Nolan M.’s Avatar
Nolan M. 2 days ago 13 views

What major should someone who wants to be involved in politics pursue?

I am in the 10th grade and still deciding what I want to do for a career when I am older. I either want to be involved with politics or in the business world. I am just wondering what the most popular majors are for someone with a goal of becoming involved in politics and government. #politics...

#business #majors

Jason P.’s Avatar
Jason P. Feb 23 24 views

I don't know exactly what i want to do. At first i felt like i wanted to do something in law, that also may partain to psychology but then i wanted to maybe do something in politics.

I am a very pesistant person. I always push for what i want or need. I want the best for people and help the greater good. I do feel as though we need more morally right people in this world and i want to be that person. Any way I can if thats with doing law or politics or something else for...

#law #government #law-enforcement #politics

Paige O.’s Avatar
Paige O. Dec 03, 2020 196 views

What are some different careers for a political science degree?

I know that I would like to go into political science for my major since I am very passionate about it. I am interested in politics, history, and law. #law #politics #political-science...

#business-law

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23, 2020 95 views

what is it like in the day in the life of a political scientists?

Im in the 11th grade and I'm a liberal and I am very interested in politics and science #politicalscientist #science...

#politics

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23, 2020 138 views

I am in the 11th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests?

At school, I am interested in Science, Politics, and History. My hobbies include reading, skateboarding, and music. A topic I am passionate about is Science I have always been interested in science ever since I was younger. What are some career options that best align with these interests and...

#career #motivation #science #career-path #business #politics

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26, 2020 225 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#july20 #reporting #internationalrelations #communications #career #academicvsvocational #journalism #politics

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15, 2020 213 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#psychology #lawyer #law #social-justice #criminal-justice #political-science #politics

Monique M.’s Avatar
Monique M. May 06, 2020 229 views

What are my career options for a double major of advertising/public relations and political science?

I am entering my junior year of college with a major in advertising/public relations and a minor (possible double major) in political science. I am active with several nonprofit organizations that deal with issues in public health, such as gun violence prevention and climate change. I am an...

#college-major #career #politics #communication #college

Andres R.’s Avatar
Andres R. May 06, 2020 259 views

What is it like to be a Public Policy analyst?

Hi, I am considering going back to graduate school to get an MPA concentrating in Public Policy, however my connections are limited and I'm not sure who I can talk to other than internet about this issue. #graduate-school #politics...

#social-work

Mikaela Q.’s Avatar
Mikaela Q. Apr 22, 2020 151 views

How do I go into a career in political strategy?

I'm a senior in high school interested in politics and political science. #political-science...

#politics

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13, 2020 179 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

#college-major #international #economics #high-school #international-relations #politics #political-science #college

Maria C.’s Avatar
Maria C. Apr 08, 2020 253 views

How is it like to work at UN? What do you specifically do working with the part of humans rights?

I’m a student from Brazil and next year I will join an university. I wanna do the International Relations course and in the future work in the UN with human rights, traveling all around the world and helping others. #career #international #travel # #job # #work #work #humanrights #humanitarian...

#unitednations #un #helping #politics #politicalscience #global

Cisy Y.’s Avatar
Cisy Y. Mar 21, 2020 160 views

Who should be heard more?

Undergraduate History and Politics student and The University of Edinburgh #college #politics #democracy...

#voices

Roy C.’s Avatar
Roy C. Oct 03, 2019 192 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 18, 2018 278 views

How do I learn about public policy as a social work student?

I'm interested in doing public policy and community organizing in the future, but I'm currently a social work student. There are only 2 classes about policy for social work, and I completed one with not a lot learned. I am pursuing a political science minor, but there are no classes on policy...

#social-work #political-science #social-justice #policy #politics

Jolene Q.’s Avatar
Jolene Q. Jan 22, 2018 368 views
Demca F.’s Avatar
Demca F. Jun 22, 2018 439 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 327 views

How to Get Out the Vote?

Have any professionals been involved in civic engagement? I want to get more young people on my college campus involved in voting and the political process, and I would love to draw on you experiences. I'm a member of the College Democrats, Ignite, AAUW, and SGA; all of these organizations are...

#civic-engagement #social-media #voting #civics #political-science #politics #college

Carson M.’s Avatar
Carson M. May 24, 2018 308 views

What should a pre-law student pursue in his/her undergraduate to bolster law school prospects?

Ex's: studying for LSAT continuously, joining any pre-law organizations, meeting with law professors, meeting with lawyers, building a network, interning at appropriate organizations, etc. I am not sure which of these activities is worth while whereas others might just be a waste of time or a...

#law #law-school #government #pre-law #politics #study #graduate-school