Career Questions tagged Politics

Paige O.’s Avatar
Paige O. 19 hours ago 22 views

What are some different careers for a political science degree?

I know that I would like to go into political science for my major since I am very passionate about it. I am interested in politics, history, and law. #law #politics #political-science...

#business-law

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23 55 views

what is it like in the day in the life of a political scientists?

Im in the 11th grade and I'm a liberal and I am very interested in politics and science #politicalscientist #science...

#politics

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23 75 views

I am in the 11th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests?

At school, I am interested in Science, Politics, and History. My hobbies include reading, skateboarding, and music. A topic I am passionate about is Science I have always been interested in science ever since I was younger. What are some career options that best align with these interests and...

#motivation #science #politics #business #career-path #career

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26 139 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#reporting #communications #journalism #internationalrelations #politics #academicvsvocational #career #july20

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 188 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#political-science #social-justice #lawyer #politics #law #psychology #criminal-justice

Monique M.’s Avatar
Monique M. May 06 170 views

What are my career options for a double major of advertising/public relations and political science?

I am entering my junior year of college with a major in advertising/public relations and a minor (possible double major) in political science. I am active with several nonprofit organizations that deal with issues in public health, such as gun violence prevention and climate change. I am an...

#college-major #college #politics #communication #career

Andres R.’s Avatar
Andres R. May 06 229 views

What is it like to be a Public Policy analyst?

Hi, I am considering going back to graduate school to get an MPA concentrating in Public Policy, however my connections are limited and I'm not sure who I can talk to other than internet about this issue. #graduate-school #politics...

#social-work

Mikaela Q.’s Avatar
Mikaela Q. Apr 22 128 views

How do I go into a career in political strategy?

I'm a senior in high school interested in politics and political science. #political-science...

#politics

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13 153 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

#college #politics #high-school #international-relations #college-major #political-science #economics #international

Maria C.’s Avatar
Maria C. Apr 08 206 views

How is it like to work at UN? What do you specifically do working with the part of humans rights?

I’m a student from Brazil and next year I will join an university. I wanna do the International Relations course and in the future work in the UN with human rights, traveling all around the world and helping others. #career #international #travel # #job # #work #work #humanrights #humanitarian...

#un #politics #global #politicalscience #unitednations #helping

Cisy Y.’s Avatar
Cisy Y. Mar 21 142 views

Who should be heard more?

Undergraduate History and Politics student and The University of Edinburgh #college #politics #democracy...

#voices

Roy C.’s Avatar
Roy C. Oct 03, 2019 164 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 18, 2018 242 views

How do I learn about public policy as a social work student?

I'm interested in doing public policy and community organizing in the future, but I'm currently a social work student. There are only 2 classes about policy for social work, and I completed one with not a lot learned. I am pursuing a political science minor, but there are no classes on policy...

#policy #political-science #social-justice #social-work #politics

Jolene Q.’s Avatar
Jolene Q. Jan 22, 2018 335 views

I'm almost 18, how will my right to vote make an impact if it's just one slip?

Does anyone else feel small in the world when making one decision? #confidence #voting #rights-management...

#politics

Demca F.’s Avatar
Demca F. Jun 22, 2018 379 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 302 views

How to Get Out the Vote?

Have any professionals been involved in civic engagement? I want to get more young people on my college campus involved in voting and the political process, and I would love to draw on you experiences. I'm a member of the College Democrats, Ignite, AAUW, and SGA; all of these organizations are...

#voting #political-science #college #politics #civic-engagement #social-media #civics

Carson M.’s Avatar
Carson M. May 24, 2018 281 views

What should a pre-law student pursue in his/her undergraduate to bolster law school prospects?

Ex's: studying for LSAT continuously, joining any pre-law organizations, meeting with law professors, meeting with lawyers, building a network, interning at appropriate organizations, etc. I am not sure which of these activities is worth while whereas others might just be a waste of time or a...

#government #law-school #law #politics #study #graduate-school #pre-law

Youssef A.’s Avatar
Youssef A. Jan 17, 2018 412 views

what are jobs if you study political science

jobs available for political science graduate #politics...

#political-science

Cole C.’s Avatar
Cole C. Jan 16, 2018 228 views

In terms of the political science field, what should be expected in potential job opportunities?

I am going to school for political science, and I am currently curious in what options I may have following graduation. #polysci #political-science #college-major #college...

#politics

Katherine P.’s Avatar
Katherine P. Jan 16, 2018 281 views

How do I decide what I want to minor in?

Going into college, I know I want to study journalism. The problem is that I want to study other things to help in my journalism career like anthropology, economics, politics and much more. Not just a few classes, I want to be able to know all of these topics inside and out. I don’t know what...

#anthropology #journalism #college-minor #academic-advising #politics #college