Career Questions tagged Internships

An introduction position that gives hands-on experience and new skills not found in college. For more information, please read below.

Jayden Z.’s Avatar
Jayden Z. May 06 127 views

What are the best ways to prepare yourself for a summer internship?

I am looking possibly to apply to tech related internships for summer before college, are there some aspects of internships I should consider or prepare for?

Spencer M.’s Avatar
Spencer M. Apr 27 144 views

Getting a Job as a Production Director

I'm currently a senior in High School who is interested in pursuing a career in Video Production. I have a few questions that would greatly help me in understanding the industry and choosing my first steps wisely: 1. What major is best suited for getting a job on a Film/Television set? 2. How...

Timaree C.’s Avatar
Timaree C. Apr 25 86 views

What can I do to get internships at places for business

What can I try to look for or how do I find out what places have internships

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Apr 22 105 views

How can I increase my connections in IT?

I'd like to increase my connections in IT to learn more about other people's experiences and have someone to go to in the future in case I need any advice or help.

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 18 128 views

I just got an offer! How do I tailor my resume?

I just got an offer from a recruiter yesterday. She asked me to send my resume to her email since I want to have an internship to explore the different industries. The recruiter offered me free training in web development. Although, my resume has no experience related to the "web development"...

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 14 119 views

What should I accomplish junior year of high school in order to secure a good college?

I plan to be a first-gen grad in the U.S.- because of this, I don't know who to ask question about stuff like this. What should I try to accomplish my junior year?

Luke E.’s Avatar
Luke E. Apr 12 110 views

Exercise Physiologist Internship

How can I get relevant experience to be an exercise physiologist? I am in my last year of school and I am having difficulties finding internship opportunities.

Leo C.’s Avatar
Leo C. Mar 28 118 views

What kind of internship work does one have to do in the marine biology field?

I'm planning to get an Associates degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences before getting a Bachelors in Marine Biology.

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Mar 02 148 views

As a new graduate (bachelor's in physics), can I apply for internships as a way to get my foot in the door?

I'm trying to find research (possibly contracting) positions in physics, laser science, data science, or imaging science. Looking at indeed, the only entry level positions I find are for new PhDs. Could internships be a good route to getting a foot in the door for full time positions?...

Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Dec 25, 2021 482 views

What kind of internships should I seek out as a Business-Economics Major?

Hello, I am currently a business-economics major at the University of California-Los Angeles, and I am looking for internships for the upcoming summer. Also looking to minor in accounting. As of now, I'm a bit unsure of what internships I should be looking for as I want to get internships...

natalie K.’s Avatar
natalie K. Oct 20, 2021 185 views

what are possible internships in special education

i was informed about was an intership could help me with other jobs in the special education other than teaching and i want to understand what those could include, and other information on those #education #teaching #college #internships

Tova B.’s Avatar
Tova B. Jun 01, 2021 184 views

What are some ways I can add skills to my resume if I want a career in biostatistics?

I am an undergraduate student and I recently finished my freshman year. I am looking to major in biology with a minor in mathematics (although I am considering double majoring in biology and statistics instead). I would like to add more skills to my resume that will make me more appealing to...

Rachel M.’s Avatar
Rachel M. May 26, 2021 251 views

What are some ways to gain work experience before applying for the medical field?

I enjoy studying science and math in school and I would like to put those skills to use in my career. I also like laboratory experiments and believe I can conduct a valid experiment to solve a problem. What are some available opportunities that focus around these interests for a high schooler?...

Anasha D.’s Avatar
Anasha D. May 15, 2021 301 views

Where can I get Psychology Internships in Johannesburg when I have a Bachelor's Degree and no experience?

I am highly self-motivated, driven and ambitious. I am flexible and hard working. Yet, I cannot seem to find Psychology Internships or similar in Johannesburg (most are in the Cape) and I do not have any work experience and I will only graduate with a Bachelor's degree. #psychology #career...

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. May 05, 2021 525 views

Where can I get a virtual summer internship as a high school student?

I want to be a doctor and I want to build up my resume. I've been searching all over the Internet for an internship related to becoming a doctor or to biology or science or STEM and I haven't found any. There are no internships near me. I would like a virtual internship seeing as there is a...

Estefania M.’s Avatar
Estefania M. Apr 27, 2021 336 views

How can I find a biological engineering job in a small startup company?

I am a Biological Engineering major graduating this August from Purdue University and am having a hard time finding a full time job since I do not have any internship/ work experience. #engineer #jobs #first-job #work #human-resources #internships #biology #biotech

Scream O.’s Avatar
Scream O. Apr 23, 2021 300 views

Should i resign from my fulltime at local company (where i just work for 6 months) to pursue an internship at multinational company (which im not sure that i'll be offered a fulltime job)

Im a fresh gradute with less than 1 year experience (6 months). I've been searching for a job in multinational company but to get a fulltime job is really hard especially during pandemic. So maybe an internship could help me to get one, Should i resign and take the chance of internship ? Im...

Shi H.’s Avatar
Shi H. Apr 13, 2021 249 views

How should I organize my time as a junior in high school? Should I be actively trying to intern at different places?

I am a junior in high school and do not participate in a lot of extracurricular activities. #high-school #high-school-students #internships

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05, 2021 506 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02, 2021 297 views

Is outsourcing a problem in the biomedical engineering / neuroengineering field?

I am a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the field of neuroengineering. Specifically, I would like to work on the development of neuroprosthetics. I know that outsourcing is a bit of a problem in other engineering...

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02, 2021 318 views

What is a good education pathway for a career in neuroprosthetics?

I am currently a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the neuroengineering industry. Specifically, I want to work developing neuroprosthetics. For anyone working in the field, do you have any advice for getting a foot...

Letlotlo M.’s Avatar
Letlotlo M. Mar 28, 2021 244 views

Will I need a degree or other qualifications besides matric to qualify for post

I am a business management student at private college. During high school I was part of leadership committees for 3 years. I am sociable individual and I am excellent in planning events #internships #student-development #business management #student #leadershipqualities #part time job

Yolan A.’s Avatar
Yolan A. Mar 13, 2021 297 views

How do I get experience in scientific writing?

I’m currently in second year of my undergraduate degree in Theoretical Physics and want to purser a career in science journalism. But most organizations require me to either be doing journalism as a degree or to have had practice in publishing. So how can I get this experience other than with...

Itumeleng M.’s Avatar
Itumeleng M. Mar 05, 2021 229 views

i am struggling to find an internship in biomedical technology, can i get help? thanks in advance

i have studied biomedical technology at the university of johannesburg but struggling to get an internship. i completed my course november 2020 . i am from Soweto and graduating this month which is march 2021 #internships

Rafael A.’s Avatar
Rafael A. Feb 26, 2021 897 views

When interviewing for PWC, what type of questions should I expect and what should I focus on things such as research of the company and creating my stories ?

I'm an accounting major, who got accepted for the 2021 PWC START Internship Interview for this summer. I'm from Latino background, first generation student, never been exposed to the accounting field yet besides a class room setting. Also, I am fluent in both English and Spanish. Do a lot of...

Rafael A.’s Avatar
Rafael A. Feb 26, 2021 462 views

Any tips on virtual interviews?

I'm a sophomore accounting major. It will be a PWC internship and I am a first generation student being both fluent in English and Spanish. #student #internships

lily L.’s Avatar
lily L. Feb 25, 2021 209 views

will there be internships in colleges?

I will start going to internships in junior year of high school, but I'm curious if there will be any more internships in college. #internships