Career Questions tagged Internships

An introduction position that gives hands-on experience and new skills not found in college. For more information, please read below.

Nahla O.’s Avatar
Nahla O. Mar 20 44 views

How do you gain experience in the legal field as a high school student?

I've been interested in pursuing a career as a lawyer for a while now, but given that it is a fairly expensive and lengthy process, I want to gain exposure to the field to ensure that it is actually something I'm committed to pursuing. I'm especially interested in becoming a public interest...

#law #criminal-justice #lawyer #public-interest-law #attorney #internships #career

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. Apr 11, 2019 166 views

How can I get into an operations research career in the construction industry?

I am a college sophomore now majoring in civil engineering, and by the end of this summer I would have completed 4 summer internships: 2 in construction project engineering/general contracting, and 2 in civil engineering research (specifically in environmental engineering/water resources and...

#stem #construction-management #construction-engineering #management #datascience #civil-engineering #research #internships #construction #engineering #operations-research

Nilan L.’s Avatar
Nilan L. Aug 30, 2018 194 views

For how long should I intern?

I would like to know the best time I should be interning for a place...

#internships

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 181 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

#english #literature #internships #double-major

Kamaria H.’s Avatar
Kamaria H. Aug 28, 2018 212 views
Alanna E.’s Avatar
Alanna E. Aug 28, 2018 292 views

How can I appeal to internships with little experience in my field?

I'm really interested in a summer internship in biology, wildlife, or environmental science but most applications ask for experience related to the job. I want an internship in order to have experience for my future career but I'm afraid of being rejected due to lack of it. #internship #career...

#summer-jobs #internships

Ethan S.’s Avatar
Ethan S. Aug 27, 2018 174 views
Bethany D.’s Avatar
Bethany D. Aug 26, 2018 224 views

What are your top tips for college years?

What are some pieces of wisdom you have learned over your time, such as advice for studying, applications, scholarships, internships, etc.?...

#internships

Jessie R.’s Avatar
Jessie R. Aug 23, 2018 137 views
Timothy K.’s Avatar
Timothy K. Aug 23, 2018 214 views

How does one go about getting an internship while in college?

I know I want an internship so that I can gain real world experience in whatever I decide to go into, but I have no idea about how to get one. Do you research online? Do you talk to your professors? I don't know. #professional #internships...

#networking

Isis M.’s Avatar
Isis M. Aug 17, 2018 131 views

How do you get connections in film/production?

I'm going back to college and also changing my major. And it's around this time where I have to start looking for internships and/or apprenticeship that relates to the major that I choose. Is there any place or people that I can meet where I can get connections in order to pursue this?...

#college #university #internships #majors

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. Aug 16, 2018 214 views

What are the most competitive Finance Internships in America?

I would like to start applying to internships but I want to make it worth my while. Which internships will stand out on a CV or lead to a potential job in Finance? #internships #jobs #resume #finance...

#competitive

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. Aug 16, 2018 278 views

How can I make college worth it?

For a Finance Major: Which clubs are worth taking? Should I start internships right away? Is it smart to graduate in 3 years? #college #finance #internships #scholarships...

#honorscollege

Alexander B.’s Avatar
Alexander B. Aug 16, 2018 249 views
Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Aug 16, 2018 183 views

What steps do I need to take to get an international internship?

I am a junior Computer Engineering major. I am currently learning German as a second language and one of my goals is to have a software development internship in Germany. I have been applying for internships and looking for international ones, but I would like to hear if there are any specific...

#internships #german #software-development #second-language #computer-engineering

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Aug 16, 2018 251 views

What should I do to get an internship during winter break?

I am a rising junior majoring in Computer Engineering. I would like to use my winter break effectively by getting an relevant internship to occupy that time. I've heard that's it's incredibly difficult to do so, though. I've been googling "software development winter break internships" and...

#internship #career #internships #technology #software-development #career-development #computer-engineering

Chrishayla R.’s Avatar
Chrishayla R. Aug 15, 2018 170 views

What are some internship ideas that doesn’t qualify related experience?

I want an internship or job in my career interest field but I don’t have any healthcare experience. #healthcare...

#internships

Sameea F.’s Avatar
Sameea F. Aug 15, 2018 193 views

what type of internship can i get after bachelor in software engineering without any job experience.

I am an international student. I am doing master in information security system ,i got my bachelor in #software engineering and i need some #internships internship related to computer science for my course work but i have no experience so how can i get this please help me i will be grateful...

Zara S.’s Avatar
Zara S. Aug 15, 2018 239 views

When is the best time to apply for an internship?

I am just starting college, and I'm not sure when I should start looking for internships. #networking...

#internships

Neaz A.’s Avatar
Neaz A. Aug 15, 2018 208 views

I aspire to major in mechanical engineering and I want to get a head start on an internship in Lockheed Martin this Senior year. What are some qualifications I should know about when applying?

I have a 4.0 GPA, I go to an early college high school known as Arlington Collegiate, and I would like to attend UTA after graduating in order to start working on my Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. #internships #engineering...

#high-school

Aimee K.’s Avatar
Aimee K. Aug 12, 2018 142 views

How soon should I find an internship in my field ?

I'm waiting until the summer of my junior or senior year to apply for internships so I can continue another job I'm committed to. Will that affect my options later on as I pursue a career in Bio-medical Illustration ? #internships #jobs #...

#general

Stacey T.’s Avatar
Stacey T. Mar 06, 2018 274 views

Are there internships available for travel nursing?

My goal is to be a travel nurse, after receiving a bachelors degree in registered nursing. #travel-nurse #passion #nursing #internships...

#medicine

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 06, 2018 235 views

What should I do in the summer?

For someone aiming for medicine, what are some things that I should do in the summer to make sure I am using my time wisely? #summer-programs #resume-building #medicine #summer-jobs...

#internships