Career Questions tagged Internships

An introduction position that gives hands-on experience and new skills not found in college. For more information, please read below.

Asuama A.’s Avatar
Asuama A. yesterday 16 views

how do I get an internship as a forensic psychology major in college

I am a sophomore in college. I am majoring in forensic psychology and minoring in criminology. I want to get involved through volunteering or internships. #internships #internship...

#college-majors

Izbella H.’s Avatar
Izbella H. Oct 27 46 views

What internships could a junior preparing to be a lawyer get?

As someone who wants to be a lawyer I want to find ways in which I can better prepare myself this can even be in internships. I am still underage but I would love to have the opportunity to be in an environment that is specifically about law, so if there are any internships that can be offered...

#lawyer #internships #law-school

Cole Pugh P.’s Avatar
Cole Pugh P. Oct 23 51 views

How does finding your job and going through an internship as a Psychologist go?

Hello I'm a sophomore and I was thinking of becoming a Psychologist and counsel those who need help. I am confused on the entire job search and how to go into an internship. #job-search #psychology #internships...

#psychologist

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30 87 views
Cecile M.’s Avatar
Cecile M. Sep 21 95 views

What can I do to prepare myself for my future career?

I am a public health major with a minor in psychology. This is my junior year of college but I have no volunteer or internship experience and my resume looks pretty shabby. I know that I want to work in mental health field, but I do not have a clear idea on what exactly I want to do after...

#public-health #internships #health

Kate D.’s Avatar
Kate D. Sep 12 128 views

How to do well in an internship for the offer to convert to a full-time role?

Hello, I'm a recent graduate that landed a 6 month trainee/internship programme with the possibility to convert to a full time role following it. Do you have any tips on how I can stand out to make this possible? #internships #internship...

#jobs

İrem K.’s Avatar
İrem K. Aug 18 70 views

How can I find an online research or internship program?

I am looking for online research or internship programs for high school students. But it is very hard to find when you are under 18. Any suggestions? #summer-internship #internships...

#research

Claire G.’s Avatar
Claire G. Aug 15 110 views

Hi! I am seeking advice on how to get an internship in the law field, preferably at a law firm or something of that kind?

I am a junior in high school from New Jersey, I am interested in pursuing a career in the legal field. I do Forensics at my school, which is a big commitment, so I am hoping for an internship that is flexible with a high school schedule. Anything helps, and thank you! #internships #law...

#internship #political-science

Yash K.’s Avatar
Yash K. Aug 15 130 views

How to get an internship

I need advice for getting an internship after 75 % completion of my current course. I'm an international student in Canada and I am pursuing Accounting and Finance. I will be looking to put my study experience in the real world and further develop my skills. Thanks in advance!...

#student-development #students #internships

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Jul 19 163 views

Is an internship the way to go?

I'm a student that lives on their own, without financial support from parents. I was wondering if an internship is absolutely necessary to get my "foot in the door", even though financially, I cannot take on an unpaid internship? #internships #networking...

#july20

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17 99 views

Who should I intern under as a future Physics/Acoustic Engineering major?

I am thinking about pursuing internships to gain some experience in the STEM fields. Does anyone know any people who I can intern with during the summers? #internships #stem #engineering #physics...

#july20

Tara W.’s Avatar
Tara W. Jul 17 77 views

Are high school internships worth it?

Hi there, I am currently a rising senior in the Bay Area and a lot of students around me are interning for big corporate companies as a high schooler. I am wondering if this opportunity will actually add value to your profile/resume in the future? What makes a high school internship different...

#opporunities #work #july20th #high-school #internships

Wendy W.’s Avatar
Wendy W. Jul 17 86 views

Finding employment opportunities

Throughout my university journey so far I've been surrounded by friends who've been getting research positions and amazing internships. I really feel the pressure to be on the same level as many of them but I don't know really where to start. Do I build connections first and then reach out? Or...

#july20 #researchassistant #internships

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17 99 views

Is it normal for a company to offer internship work without compensation?

I have seen some job posting for intern work online that indicates applicants should expect little to no compensation for their efforts, and may not be credited in the final projects.. basically all we would get is experience? It sounds like a scam, how can companies do that? #work #internships...

#july2020 #july20

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22 260 views

When is the best time to start looking for summer internships in college?

I am going to be a college freshman this fall. When is the right time to start researching and applying to summer internships? #college...

#internships

Denny Z.’s Avatar
Denny Z. Apr 23 122 views

How can I find opportunities for this summer?

I am looking for tips on finding internships in nursing or healthcare field #nursing #internships #nurse...

#health-care

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Apr 22 142 views

How do I find an online co-op/work placement?

I am looking for a 12 week co-op program/work placement in technical writing for school. How would I go about finding an online opportunity at this time? #writing #technical-writing #job-hunt...

#internships

Nahla O.’s Avatar
Nahla O. Mar 20 196 views

How do you gain experience in the legal field as a high school student?

I've been interested in pursuing a career as a lawyer for a while now, but given that it is a fairly expensive and lengthy process, I want to gain exposure to the field to ensure that it is actually something I'm committed to pursuing. I'm especially interested in becoming a public interest...

#career #lawyer #public-interest-law #attorney #criminal-justice #internships #law

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. Apr 11, 2019 260 views

How can I get into an operations research career in the construction industry?

I am a college sophomore now majoring in civil engineering, and by the end of this summer I would have completed 4 summer internships: 2 in construction project engineering/general contracting, and 2 in civil engineering research (specifically in environmental engineering/water resources and...

#civil-engineering #management #research #operations-research #construction-engineering #stem #construction-management #internships #engineering #datascience #construction

Nilan L.’s Avatar
Nilan L. Aug 30, 2018 271 views

For how long should I intern?

I would like to know the best time I should be interning for a place...

#internships

Sara W.’s Avatar
Sara W. Aug 30, 2018 249 views

Where could one intern who is an English major?

I've been considering applying for several schools that would require internships for me to complete my degree, and I would like to take as much advantage of this opportunity as possible. I'm primarily interested in a career involving the literary arts. Are there any particular types of places...

#english #double-major #internships #literature

Kamaria H.’s Avatar
Kamaria H. Aug 28, 2018 317 views