Career questions tagged internships

An introduction position that gives hands-on experience and new skills not found in college. For more information, please read below. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Brady268 views

What is the best way to get an internship while still going to school?

I am a current university student, and I am looking for some advice on how to balance an internship while still getting a degree.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ben240 views

What are some tips for finding an internship in college?

Hello! I'm a rising junior, and I'm trying to look for internships for summer 2025. I'm not sure on my major, but was thinking maybe music or art. I was wondering how you get an internship for something in this field -- or if it's better to just focus on a portfolio. Does it matter what the internship is in, or does it just look good to have anything? Ideally I'd like something music related (really anything) AND to make a good portfolio. But I'm not sure where to start with finding internships in that field. Thanks!

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
David983 views

What kind of internships or jobs that will be with Mechanical Engineering?

I'm just trying to see what kind internships/jobs would help lead me to that career path and if their willing to help out someone with no experience BUT, willing to learn and expand with the knowledge.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hasini581 views

How can I get a health-based internship as a rising senior in high school with my NHA CCMA certification?

Is it possible to do something online? Or any opportunities to use this knowledge?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abigail1327 views

What kind of internships that is related to Cybersecurity?

Hello, I am a college junior majoring in Computer science. I have an interest in Cybersecurity. I am currently looking for summer internships to help expand my knowledge. I am unsure as to what internship position to look for, within cybersecurity.

answer icon18 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marissa570 views

Does anyone know about specific business internships that a high schooler could do?

If someone knows specific internships or who I could connect with, I would appreciate any links or thoughts. I'm thinking about doing a paid internship while working in a business field as I would like to major in something along those lines.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Namal713 views

What are the best internship offers for Econ majors?

What are the best internships or volunteering for Econ majors for upcoming sophomore in college in nyc? Because I can’t find any. It’s mostly for juniors or seniors.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Brenda479 views

How can I make the most of my summer vacation to prepare for senior year and apply to colleges?

I'm currently a junior, and I need some advice on how to spend my summer vacation to help prepare for my upcoming senior year.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alex359 views

I want to be an AD man ,i Love marketing and advertising, How important is college on this part, bear in mind I can buy necessary courses, acquire the skill and then go ahead to intern in an organization ?

College,No College

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marc285 views

What are some internships for a freshman who wants to become a doctor in the future?

I am currently in 9th grade, and I am very interested in science, math, and medicine.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kayla361 views

I am looking for internships in a lab setting for the summer of 2024 and am a junior in high school. I did not know the deadlines were so early. Does anybody know of any near Princeton that will still accept applicants?

I am interested in astrophysics and animals. If no one knows of any internships available, local clubs or organizations or camps or something like that would be good too.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jerry599 views

How can I get enrolled for internship with a tech company ?

What is the best way to get started on applying for internships or gaining experience in the field of computer engineering? I'm a college student pursuing a major in computer engineering. I want to gain experience in the field to be ready for the workforce. How would I get started in doing so?

answer icon11 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
James305 views

Should I still apply for internships if I have no experience, side projects, or extracurriculars?

I'm a 2nd year EE student trying to transfer into software engineering, thus I want a software internship. I know some basic stuff like Java, C, Python and algorithms and data structures from classes, and decent cGPA of 3.6, but I have absolutely no experience, side projects, or extracurriculars involving programming. My school projects involving electronics aren't very impressive either and certainly not relevent. Obviously I should aim for more programming experience, but right now I don't have any. Should I still bother applying to internships even without any experience, projects, or ECs? Is it even possible to get one at this point or should I just focus on side projects and learning more for now? Also, getting ECE internships isn't really an option either as there are way more software positions than there are ECE positions. Even if that wasn't the case, I'd be in the same situation, but with a few unimpressive school projects. ----------------- Edited by uno online 2 days ago

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Pearl770 views

How to prepare for an art intern interview for an advertising agency company that works in various areas such as film, animation, and mobile apps?

Can anyone give me some steps and suggestions that would be helpful for the interview? I will be thankful for the advice.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Charly345 views

How can I get a research opportunity or internship with a professor or company as a high school student?

Hi, I am an high school junior interested in conducting a research or interning in the engineering field this summer, but I’m not sure where to start or how to go about it. I contacted a lot of engineering firms around me and most of them either don’t do internships or don’t have any openings. I don’t have any research questions I specifically want to study, so I was thinking about emailing professors at nearby universities/colleges about joining their research but I’m afraid it might only be limited to students of that university with some sort of experience. I’m also worried that it might be too late since the university’s spring semester around me (their current semester) has just ended. Should I still try and email professors about to join their research, and if so, how? Or should I keep contacting more firms around me? What do you think I should do?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emmanuel589 views

How can I apply for internships ?

How do I go about applying for internships or entry level roles in a place or company I am very much interested to work in? Thanks for your response in advance.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bernie956 views

Business path and your story in it?

Hey! I am a first-student at UC Davis looking forward to interning in areas within the business field. Any tips on finding websites for internships? Also if you're in the business field, I would love to hear more about your story and how you got to where you are now. ie what internships and things you did to score/land your job in where you are now. Thank you!

answer icon18 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maddie254 views

How should I go about finding internships in college ?

I want to major in environmental science and urban sustainability. My end goal is to work on helping create greener and more accessible public transportation, where should I look?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nadia596 views

How do I prepare thoroughly for an interview? Any advice?

Advice on: Volunteering, Internships or College admission interviews

answer icon17 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Saman497 views

High School Summer programs in NJ?

Hi! I applied to a few but not many popular summer programs for high schoolers and didn't match with most of them. Now I'm freaking out over not having much to do over the summer especially since its before my junior year. Ive been looking for summer programs or internships for juniors in high schools for so many hours lately but all the deadlines have passed! Im really upset and stressed over this situation and if knows of any programs with deadlines still open such as research ones at Rutgers or at other neighboring areas such as Newark or internships please let me know. I greatly need your guys help. Thank you so much

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maxine502 views

Where can I find internships that accept people with no prior work experience?

junior in highschool. not sure what career I want to do. want experience before going to college.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tiffany289 views

How do I secure a psychology or sociology internship in New York?

I've been looking at internships, but most of them are out of state.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Weitao318 views

What are employer looking for in an animator?

I know that job experience in the field could be important, but do they have preferences in what software they use?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sebastian582 views

how can i get internship?

internship tips

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deandre836 views

How to get marketing internships ?

How can I get into Marketing and get internships within that field in order for me to get a head start. I’m currently a college freshman in the second semester.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Pearl691 views

How can I prepare for a character design career in the era of AI?

Hello! I'm currently an undergraduate passionate about pursuing a career in character design. I have some experience with digital art and animation, but I'm eager to learn more about how AI is shaping the industry. I'm particularly interested in understanding how I can adapt my skills and portfolio to thrive in this technologically advanced landscape. Additionally, I'm curious about the best strategies for securing internships in character design. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lazarus322 views

What opportunities do i likely to meet?

My university is more likely to offer internship opportunities from the second year. What are some skills that I should develop right now so that I can get internships from prominent companies / FAANG while majoring in electrical engineering? I have no prior experience in doing internships

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat744 views

Working on it as an incoming student ?

My university is more likely to offer internship opportunities from the second year. What are some skills that I should develop right now so that I can get internships from prominent companies / FAANG while majoring in electrical engineering? I have no prior experience in doing internships! TIA!!

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alora309 views

What are some good law internships for first year college students?

I have been looking for law internships, but they require letters of recommendation and I don't believe I have professors that will do that for me as this is my first year at my CUNY school.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Adarsh914 views

What are good internships and research opportunities for high school students currently open?

Hello, my name is Adarsh, a junior in high school student in Bellevue, Washington. I am a very motivated and hardworking high school student who has multiple years of experience in programming with various languages like java, python etc. I believe to be a valuable asset for any company and am trying to expand my knowledge in my passion. Any suggestions/help towards this goal is appreciated

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon