Career Questions tagged Software Engineer

Howard L.’s Avatar
Howard L. Sep 14 40 views

What is the difference between software engineer and developers?

I am thinking of majoring in computer science, but I don't know what kind of major I want in computer science....

#software-engineer

Pius H.’s Avatar
Pius H. Aug 25 83 views

Software Developer

#software #technology #software-engineer #computer-software What does a typical work day looks like and what is recommended for me to prepare for this...

Rajveer S.’s Avatar
Rajveer S. Jul 04 216 views

What do you do when you become a software developer and is it a good career to go for?

I am in high school. Currently thinking about my career and want to know more about software development. #software #software-development #software-engineer #technology...

#video-games

Rexford F.’s Avatar
Rexford F. Jun 15 127 views

How do I web developer?

Hi my name is Rexford, I’ve been doing web development for 3 years and I want to take it to the next level. #technology #programming #software-engineer #information-technology...

#it

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Nov 21, 2020 376 views

What are some PM-focused books I can read?

I'm pursuing a product management position and I'd like to get into the mindset of being a PM. I'm currently a software developer. I know that experience is best, so I am working on that, but in the meantime, I'd love to know some books that I might be able to take a look at. Thanks!...

#product-management #software-engineer #givingiscaring #pm

Dinesh P.’s Avatar
Dinesh P. Jun 22, 2020 537 views

How to approach software development early on in career?

As an intern, I see that the enterprise projects are very different from what we make at university level. The technology used requires me to go through a lot of new technologies. How should I approach this. Should I be worried for not knowing these tech stacks or Is it natural and common for a...

#software #computer-software #software-development #software-engineer #technology

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 20, 2020 354 views

I´m 12 and i´m trying to decide between being a Software Engineer or a Psychiatrist. I´d like to know the pros and cons of each.

I like helping people with their problems, but I also like designing, coding, and using critical thinking. #software-engineer #psychology #technology...

#doctor

Aditya A.’s Avatar
Aditya A. Mar 04, 2020 268 views

I want to explore and see if I want to become a software Engineer

I am in my 11th grade at westview high school. I am months away for my #college-admissions . Not sure what I want to become. #software-engineer is an area I explored that I can get a job easily anywhere. So I want to know more about...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Oct 15, 2019 378 views

How do I negotiate for the best terms on a software engineering offer when I don't have another offer to compare against?

Hello! I am a college senior with an offer from a decently large enterprise tech company to be a backend software engineer after graduation. I wish I had some sort of sign-on bonus or some relocation funds with my offer, because I'm not sure I can afford the first month of rent when I haven't...

#computer-software #software-engineer

Topo F.’s Avatar
Topo F. Sep 03, 2019 266 views

What IS software engineering all about

I am femete, a student studying software engineering in siantou university Yaoundé (Cameroun). M'y dream is to becam a genius in software engineering...

#software-engineer

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. May 06, 2019 286 views

What are the different roles of a software engineer?

I'm a junior Computer Engineer and I'm trying to understand what my options are. I know that there are many, but I'd love to hear what some Software Engineers do. Basically, I'm asking what do you do? #software-engineer #software...

#technology

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 326 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Feb 20, 2019 458 views

Which software team should I pick for my summer internship?

I've been using CareerVillage ever since high school to get help, and I feel like I'm finally close to the finish line.. I'm a junior in college majoring in Computer Science at a well-known school. I accepted a backend software engineering internship for this summer, and I was recently sent a...

#software-development #software #software-engineer #technology

Rachel G.’s Avatar
Rachel G. Dec 05, 2018 529 views

What major did you study in college and was it useful in your career?

I'm considering being a computer software developer and I want to know what degree would get me there. What colleges would you recommend for this career? #computer-software #software-engineer...

#college-major

Abdallah A.’s Avatar
Abdallah A. Oct 13, 2015 1523 views

What is the average salary for a software engineer?

I would like to know the average income for a software engineer in San Francisco California? #engineering...

#software-engineer

Janaranjini T.’s Avatar
Janaranjini T. Jun 27, 2016 667 views

Hi, I am Jana . Work experience gained at IT Field can be done by Working in a Concerns for many Years or Shifting to other concerns with the offers.

Working in a one concerns(IT Field) for many years will gain Work Experience and Knowledge or can shift to other concerns whenever there is an offer. Which is the Best for Product knowledge, experience, Quality output. #professor #educator #software #it #mentoring...

#software-engineer

Blessed Joshua  G.’s Avatar
Blessed Joshua G. Jun 24, 2016 1075 views
nikhil P.’s Avatar
nikhil P. Jun 23, 2016 776 views
Jeevika S.’s Avatar
Jeevika S. May 03, 2016 709 views

What is software engineering?

Hai ! I am jeevika. I want to become a software engineering. Should i do any extra courses to become software engg apart from My Degree #engineer #teacher #professor #professional #student #software...

#software-engineer

Syed A.’s Avatar
Syed A. Jun 22, 2016 796 views

What are the branches available in Engineering and which one I should choose?

Hi! I am class 9 student. I am interested in Maths. So I want to build my career as an Engineer. I don't have knowledge about branches available in engineering. I'll be glad to you, if you provide me details. #engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineer #software-engineer #electrical-engineer...

#petroleum-engineering