Career Questions tagged Software Engineer

Rexford F.’s Avatar
Rexford F. 2 days ago 26 views

How do I web developer?

Hi my name is Rexford, I’ve been doing web development for 3 years and I want to take it to the next level. #technology #programming #software-engineer #information-technology...

#it

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Nov 21, 2020 280 views

What are some PM-focused books I can read?

I'm pursuing a product management position and I'd like to get into the mindset of being a PM. I'm currently a software developer. I know that experience is best, so I am working on that, but in the meantime, I'd love to know some books that I might be able to take a look at. Thanks!...

#product-management #software-engineer #givingiscaring #pm

Dinesh P.’s Avatar
Dinesh P. Jun 22, 2020 487 views

How to approach software development early on in career?

As an intern, I see that the enterprise projects are very different from what we make at university level. The technology used requires me to go through a lot of new technologies. How should I approach this. Should I be worried for not knowing these tech stacks or Is it natural and common for a...

#computer-software #software-development #technology #software-engineer #software

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 20, 2020 323 views

I´m 12 and i´m trying to decide between being a Software Engineer or a Psychiatrist. I´d like to know the pros and cons of each.

I like helping people with their problems, but I also like designing, coding, and using critical thinking. #software-engineer #psychology #technology...

#doctor

Aditya A.’s Avatar
Aditya A. Mar 04, 2020 228 views

I want to explore and see if I want to become a software Engineer

I am in my 11th grade at westview high school. I am months away for my #college-admissions . Not sure what I want to become. #software-engineer is an area I explored that I can get a job easily anywhere. So I want to know more about...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Oct 15, 2019 347 views

How do I negotiate for the best terms on a software engineering offer when I don't have another offer to compare against?

Hello! I am a college senior with an offer from a decently large enterprise tech company to be a backend software engineer after graduation. I wish I had some sort of sign-on bonus or some relocation funds with my offer, because I'm not sure I can afford the first month of rent when I haven't...

#computer-software #software-engineer

Topo F.’s Avatar
Topo F. Sep 03, 2019 218 views

What IS software engineering all about

I am femete, a student studying software engineering in siantou university Yaoundé (Cameroun). M'y dream is to becam a genius in software engineering...

#software-engineer

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. May 06, 2019 258 views

What are the different roles of a software engineer?

I'm a junior Computer Engineer and I'm trying to understand what my options are. I know that there are many, but I'd love to hear what some Software Engineers do. Basically, I'm asking what do you do? #software-engineer #software...

#technology

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 292 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Feb 20, 2019 397 views

Which software team should I pick for my summer internship?

I've been using CareerVillage ever since high school to get help, and I feel like I'm finally close to the finish line.. I'm a junior in college majoring in Computer Science at a well-known school. I accepted a backend software engineering internship for this summer, and I was recently sent a...

#software-engineer #software #software-development #technology

Rachel G.’s Avatar
Rachel G. Dec 05, 2018 494 views

What major did you study in college and was it useful in your career?

I'm considering being a computer software developer and I want to know what degree would get me there. What colleges would you recommend for this career? #computer-software #software-engineer...

#college-major

Abdallah A.’s Avatar
Abdallah A. Oct 13, 2015 1465 views

What is the average salary for a software engineer?

I would like to know the average income for a software engineer in San Francisco California? #engineering...

#software-engineer

Blessed Joshua  G.’s Avatar
Blessed Joshua G. Jun 29, 2016 782 views
Janaranjini T.’s Avatar
Janaranjini T. Jun 27, 2016 645 views

Hi, I am Jana . Work experience gained at IT Field can be done by Working in a Concerns for many Years or Shifting to other concerns with the offers.

Working in a one concerns(IT Field) for many years will gain Work Experience and Knowledge or can shift to other concerns whenever there is an offer. Which is the Best for Product knowledge, experience, Quality output. #professor #educator #software #it #mentoring...

#software-engineer

Blessed Joshua  G.’s Avatar
Blessed Joshua G. Jun 24, 2016 1051 views
nikhil P.’s Avatar
nikhil P. Jun 23, 2016 750 views
Jeevika S.’s Avatar
Jeevika S. May 03, 2016 626 views

What is software engineering?

Hai ! I am jeevika. I want to become a software engineering. Should i do any extra courses to become software engg apart from My Degree #engineer #teacher #professor #professional #student #software...

#software-engineer

Syed A.’s Avatar
Syed A. Jun 22, 2016 762 views

What are the branches available in Engineering and which one I should choose?

Hi! I am class 9 student. I am interested in Maths. So I want to build my career as an Engineer. I don't have knowledge about branches available in engineering. I'll be glad to you, if you provide me details. #engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineer #software-engineer #electrical-engineer...

#petroleum-engineering

Naresh S.’s Avatar
Naresh S. May 13, 2016 518 views

I want to became a technologist, need to know the path to follow

I will very interested in computer designing creating mobile applications and animations. I want to became a technologist, hence which course i have select in my higher studies to achieve my goals. #technology #software-engineer...

#technologist

Giana C.’s Avatar
Giana C. May 27, 2016 660 views

What is the most rewarding aspect of an engineer work place?

I interned last summer at an software engineering company, and I found it difficult to appreciate the work that went on there. I'm interested to know if this work environment appeals to certain people. #computer-engineering #software-engineer #data-engineer...

#interns

Mark A.’s Avatar
Mark A. May 24, 2016 493 views

In gaming design, what is the usual process that someone coding the game goes through while testing scripts and etc.?

I am looking into taking up classes for coding and interested in game design, I would like to participate in the gaming design community, but I'm not sure where I would fit in. I would like to know or have an idea of how this works so I can better understand what I would like to do....

#gaming-industry #software-engineer