Career Questions tagged Lawyer

A lawyer is an advocate for the law. There are multiple different types of lawyers, and some of the most popular ones are trial, business, and prosecutor. For more information,...

Rashawna D.’s Avatar
Rashawna D. yesterday 18 views

What made you want to be a lawyer?

I am currently a senior who is doing high school and college at the same time....

#lawyer

Keerthana P.’s Avatar
Keerthana P. Jun 21 124 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 131 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #law #psychology #social-justice #criminal-justice #lawyer #political-science

Apoorva K.’s Avatar
Apoorva K. Jun 13 123 views

What are resources for students interested in law?

Hello! I am a 13 year old and I am interested in becoming a lawyer when I am older. I am not exactly sure what type of lawyer but maybe a criminal or immigration lawyer. I really want to be a lawyer, but I don't know any resources for myself (13 y/o). Does anyone know of any resources such as...

#lawyer

Nino K.’s Avatar
Nino K. Jun 08 58 views

Can I become a barrister/solicitor with criminology degree?

I studied Access to Higher Education Diploma in Law, then I went to university and started studying Criminology which I am not enjoying as much as I enjoyed studying law. my question here is if I should start studying law from year 1, which would mean that I have to restart and waste £18 000 or...

#law #lawdegree #barrister #criminology #lawyer #criminologydegree

Justin L.’s Avatar
Justin L. Jun 06 137 views

Advice for 1L online law student?

I’m a 30 year old married to a 28yr old. I’m about to start online law school and am seeking advice on passing the baby bar, as well as, general advice being a law student and passing the bar exam. Theirs a ton of advice on google but would love to hear from personal experiences. I also work...

#law #college #law-school #job #lawyer

Justin L.’s Avatar
Justin L. Jun 06 83 views

Advice for 1L online law student?

#law #college #law-school #job #lawyer

Libby E.’s Avatar
Libby E. Jun 01 127 views
Michelle A.’s Avatar
Michelle A. Jun 01 90 views

What should I do during my high school years to help me get into law school?

As soon as I graduate my dream has always been to go into law. More specifically, to become an immigration lawyer. To go more in depth of what I'm asking is what activities or certain things will look in my resume when applying to a university? #law #lawyer #graduate-school #law-school...

#law-practice

Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 29 71 views

Do you have any book recommendations for someone interested in law school ?

I am a junior in high school and I want to know if there is anything that can help with improving my knowledge about being a lawyer ?...

#lawyer

Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 29 73 views

#lawyer

Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 29 106 views

What communication skills make a good lawyer ?

#lawyer I am wondering about the specific communication skills like eloquence or...

Franklin N.’s Avatar
Franklin N. May 27 104 views
Mariam K.’s Avatar
Mariam K. May 27 108 views

I'd like to know more about jobs in the legal field

I'm a second year law student in a french university. I'd like to pursue a career in law but I am wondering about the work/life balance #attorney #law #law-school...

#lawyer

Prerna D.’s Avatar
Prerna D. May 16 99 views

How to apply for the volunteering programme?

I am a 3rd year law student of an integrated 5 years law course which I am pursuing from an esteemed university in India. I wish to apply for the volunteering program, so how can i apply for it and what is the volunteer required to do. #law #volunteer #lawyer #graduate-school...

Thomas P.’s Avatar
Thomas P. May 14 125 views

What schooling is required in order to become a lawyer?

I really do have an interest in law. I appreciate being able to present my case and the facts along with it, even if they are "alternative facts". That's a controversial statement I know, but I got a chuckle out of it. #lawyer #law-school...

Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 13 123 views
Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 13 95 views

Does law school do a good job in showing a little bit of each field?

I would love to be a medical lawyer but I want to know if law school would explain to me a little more about what the field entails. #law #lawyer...

#attorney

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 05 87 views

Where would my career start immediately after law school?

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #lawyer #college...

#law-school

Tannvi ..’s Avatar
Tannvi .. May 05 100 views

I wanted to volunteer for social services as I am a law student and feel that true justice is in righteous volunteering. Can I be a part of your movement?

I am #law student at CHRIST Deemed to be University Bengaluru Karnataka and I feel that true humanity can achieved if we all bring out the #lawyer within ourselves to #question every wrongly held idea, be it #womanisweak or...

#weareapolotical

Emma S.’s Avatar
Emma S. Apr 23 93 views

What's it like being a lawyer?

I'm really trying to discern whether this is something I actually would like to do. I'd like to know more about what the job actually entails (any type of lawyer), if the payoff is worth all the schooling (and debt), and if there are good job opportunities out there. #lawyer #criminal-justice...

Eli H.’s Avatar
Eli H. Apr 12 115 views

What skills do you need every day as an attorney?

My sister, Siobhan, is interested in being an attorney, but she doesn't really know what that entails. #law #lawyer...

#attorney

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 12 88 views

If I were going to be a lawyer, what process would I go through post undergraduate schooling? What's the different levels of schooling, training, and interning before I am a full-fledged lawyer?

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #law #law-school...

#lawyer