Career Questions tagged Lawyer

A lawyer is an advocate for the law. There are multiple different types of lawyers, and some of the most popular ones are trial, business, and prosecutor. For more information,...

Karis’s Avatar
Karis Sep 21 79 views

Lots of options but unsure of which to choose?

Hi I'm a senior in high who's interested in a variety of fields but I don't know which one to choose. I took an accounting class at my school and really enjoyed but I also like the idea of going into library science. Another field I've been looking into is law but I've heard a lot of...

Kayla’s Avatar
Kayla Sep 16 60 views

Paternity Lawyer

How complex was it to be in the law field and how long did it take you to fully become a paternity lawyer. what steps did you take? What college did you attend? What made you desire this field?

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Sep 13 84 views

What are careers other than law where I can leverage my interest in model UN and debate?

I love participating in model UN and am on the debate team. I know law is a related career but I'm thinking about other careers where this skill could be applied but not just in law. I'd love to hear what majors come to mind for someone good at debate and interested in model UN - maybe...

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Sep 03 111 views

What books do you recommend to read about law or medicine?

Are there any books that are very insightful and interesting about law and medicine?

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Sep 02 137 views

How competitive is law?

I hear a lot of people saying how hard it is to be chosen for a job in a law firm with the amount of competition there is. How do you overcome it? And, also, I heard people say it is a very toxic environment. Is that true? If so, in what way?

angel’s Avatar
angel Aug 30 99 views

what are some of the best things to do to become a lawyer?

I've always been so intrigued by the cases that lawyers have to deal with but the problem is that I'm not sure how to become one. i would just like more knowledge on it.

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Aug 29 186 views

What is the difference between a solicitor and a barrister?

I know the rough differences between them but which one can defend their client in court as I have an interest to do that?

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Aug 29 129 views

Reality of being a lawyer

Is being a lawyer like in the series Suits, where there are big cases and one has to go to court all the time?

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Aug 29 147 views

Is there a law that focuses on the ethics of medicine and of the hospital / doctor department?

Medical Law

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Aug 27 100 views

Does law or medicine give more freedom?

With my current choosing of what field I’d like to pursue, freedom is quite important for me as I’d also like to pursue acting and modelling. What field will give more freedom of time to do this?

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Aug 27 137 views

Law or medicine?

I don’t know what to do as I love the debating side of law for justice (which I absolutely enjoy and is a natural talent for me) but I love medicine as I am always interested in helping out any family members or anyone out if they are in pain. For instance, my mum has really bad lower back pain...

Ro’s Avatar
Ro Aug 08 176 views

i'm going into eleventh grade and am considering becoming a criminal trial lawyer. what should i expect from the career?

last year in my english class, we read a book about a jury trying to come to a unanimous vote followed by a class trial based on a real case and i found it fascinating, it was my favorite unit of the class. thinking about it further made me think that maybe being a criminal trial lawyer could...

April’s Avatar
April Jul 28 171 views

How have the recent Supreme Court rulings effected your job as a lawyer?

As we all know, the past few months have brought lots of interesting rulings from overturning Roe v Wade to striking down New York's requirements for carrying a concealed weapon to decisions around separation of church and state. As a lawyer, how have these rulings effected you? Have they led...

Cassie’s Avatar
Cassie Jul 25 91 views

What classes should i be looking at to become a Lawyer or Homicide detective

Hello, my name is Cassie I'm in grade 9 I want to be a criminal lawyer or homicide detective, but I'm not sure what classes i should be taking.

Kimora’s Avatar
Kimora Jul 19 183 views

What is the difference between an attorney and a lawyer?

I'm asking to see which one I would be more interested in.

Tahsin’s Avatar
Tahsin Jul 17 211 views

Hi, I am a rising high school junior interesting in becoming a criminal prosecutor. Is there anything I can do at this time to increase my likeliness of getting accepted into law school and making a successful career for myself?

I've participated in my school's mock-trial tournaments in 6th grade which instantly sparked my liking of this career and has inspired to me to actually pursue it.

Laksh’s Avatar
Laksh Jul 16 187 views

I want to work with private clients - should I go into private client law or private banking

I'm looking to work with private clients and I'm unsure if I should pursue a career in law or banking - what are the advantages and disadvantages of both and how to become each one, also what is the pay like.

Jocelyn’s Avatar
Jocelyn Jul 02 153 views

What can I do to decide what I want to be in life

I’m interested in criminal law and justice. I’m considering being a lawyer, some of my favorite classes are humanities, math, and science. I’m also considering being a therapist but I’m not sure. I wonder steps I could take to further conclude my decision on what I want to be in life.

Brianna’s Avatar
Brianna Jun 15 112 views

Paid Internships

Are there any paid internships for 14 turning 15 year olds?

jeremiah’s Avatar
jeremiah Jun 12 244 views

is getting a job as a lawyer if you have filed for bankrupcy

law question

jeremiah’s Avatar
jeremiah Jun 12 223 views

how hard is it to get a job after you pass the bar exam?

i am interested in a career in legal

Andy’s Avatar
Andy Jun 09 133 views

What would be expected of someone who wants to become a lawyer?

What should I be be expected to know emotionally & educationally?

Amity’s Avatar
Amity May 20 149 views

Is psycology a good thing to major in if I want to minor in pre-law?

I don't know what I should do I have always wanted to be a lawyer and to help people but I also know that as a lawyer you could potentially have to represent a client who has a severe mental disablilty or who just struggles with mental health in genral I just want to be prepared. I could just...

Amity’s Avatar
Amity May 05 258 views

Which type of lawyer helps more people Prosecutors or DAs?

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time, the reason I want to become a lawyer is to help people, I don't know which one would help the most people and I know it is alot of schooling for either of these but I am willing to do it as long as I am able to help thouhs who need it.

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Apr 14 211 views

Laws related to business outside?the USA

What is the best thing to study in Business law or things you wish you had studied before graduating? I'm starting my second business law class in a little while. I found landlord laws to be super difficult.

Paige’s Avatar
Paige Mar 10 162 views

What does the average day/week look like for a divorce attorney? What do they do, how busy are they each day, etc.

#law #lawyer #attorney #business

Demajay’s Avatar
Demajay Mar 09 218 views

Ho hard is it to get to law school

my name is De'majay Campbell and I'm 16 years old. the reason why I chose this field is that I know people around me that I love that's getting wrongly convicted for stuff that they did do so I want to get justice for those people that get injustice #law #law-school #attorney #law-enforcement...

jennel’s Avatar
jennel Mar 07 180 views

To go to law school in England do I need an undergraduate law degree (LLB)?

#lawyer #law-practice #eNGLAND

Karla’s Avatar
Karla Mar 02 155 views

Where should I study or work to practice the career of lawyer?

I would like to study at a university where it can give me several job opportunities, since I would like to work in any city in the country to demonstrate my good professional knowledge.
#lawyer
#career

Addie’s Avatar
Addie Feb 08 244 views

Does a military lawyer/attorney do different tasks compared to regular ones?

I am thinking I could become a lawyer/attorney through the military and I'm just wondering how different it is from just being a regular lawyer/attorney?
#lawyer #law #military # #college #attorney