Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

lexi R.’s Avatar
lexi R. yesterday 121 views

Why does nothing interest me when it comes to careers, and how can i find one that does?

i've always been extremely indecisive. When it comes to thinking about my future, a million thoughts flood my mind. I dont have any specific thing that i think is realistic enough to achieve. i want to live a happy, money stable life, but where do i even start?...

Aniyah R.’s Avatar
Aniyah R. 2 days ago 60 views

What are things that look good on College Applications?

My top career choices are the following. 1-Registered Nurse, 2- Physical Therapist, 3-Substance abuse counselor, or 4- HR management. However I do not know which one I will pursue yet. #psychology #healthcare #counselor #career #college #applications...

#career-path

Brooke J.’s Avatar
Brooke J. 2 days ago 27 views

What age can you start college for Pediatric Oncology?

I want to be a Pediatic Oncologist when I grow up. I want to help little kids because it warms my heart. I also plan on doing CNA in my high school to help with my medical skills in the future. My future is super important too me, none of my family went to college to get a degree in anything so...

#high-school #college #future

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 25 157 views

Will our choice in a college affect us in the long run?

Let's say I pick a college that isn't as popular as other or isn't as heard of. Will jobs look at me negatively due to that. Is there a chance I could lose the competition in getting a job because of my choice in college. How do jobs and the "real world" look at our choice in colleges for like...

#college #career-development #career

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 25 74 views

What are some college application tips for this upcoming fall.

So the time has come, and all our hard work in the school system will soon pay off in our new chapter of education. So, now that we have entered the college application period, and the stresses of college essays; what would be some tips you can give to a first-in-family college applicant that...

#stress #collegeadmissions #college #university #collegehelp

jasmine S.’s Avatar
jasmine S. Sep 21 42 views

How can I successfully prepare to go into law enforcement?

I intend to go to college but want to major and minor in the right things that will hold me successful for my future. Do I need a backup plan just incase law enforcement doesn't work out? Thanks. #college-major #college #lawenforcement...

#police

Lakiya B.’s Avatar
Lakiya B. Sep 18 18 views

I want to go to college to study criminology, any advice or what to expect?

Hi my name is Lakiya, and i'm currently attending a high school in Memphis and I plan to go to college and that's the subject i want to major in. #buisness #college #majors...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17 65 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#general #college #professor #technology #major #it #informationtechnology #school #coding #scripting #python #python3 #classes #career #programming

Georgia P.’s Avatar
Georgia P. Sep 17 127 views

What is some advice to someone who tends to get overwhelmed very easily?

I'm involved in a lot in and outside of school. Sometimes it gets to me and I'll start getting super overwhelmed. It can sometimes affect my motivation levels and confidence levels. #school #entrepreneurship...

wayne C.’s Avatar
wayne C. Sep 16 77 views

lost after graduation

I got my BSc in chemistry in June. I had an ok-ish GPA that's just above the minimum requirement for grad school, 8 months of undergrad research, and 3 years of experience in kitchen-related part-time work. I wasn't able to find job-related to my study area, such as entry-level research,...

#graduate-school #college #jobs

Damen S.’s Avatar
Damen S. Sep 16 83 views

How can a poor family possibly afford collage

I'm a 17 year old poor Caucasian male who comes from a poor family. I'm trying to go to college but I didn't start think about it till this summer and don't really have the money for it. #college #broke #poor #help...

#computerscience

Hailey U.’s Avatar
Hailey U. Sep 16 65 views

Whats the biggest struggle after graduation?

I am 17 years old and I am a senior in high school and graduating in the spring. I have talked about college options and discussed them briefly with my parents. I just would like to know whats the big step I can take before I graduate. I want to go to college to become a therapist or help...

#graduation #college #high-school

Alicia Y.’s Avatar
Alicia Y. Sep 15 61 views

Do you need to be really good in science to become an orthodontist?

I'm a Junior in high school. I want to know if I have to be really smart in science because I don't want to get to college or university and lose money for something I know I'm not really good at. I want to find the best match for me. #college-majors #university #dental #dental-hygienist...

#college #dentistry #teeth #dentist #orthodontist

sambhav G.’s Avatar
sambhav G. Sep 14 32 views

Does anyone know anyone that would let me shadow a mechanical engineer?

I am a sophomore at ODU majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I have experience in sales, customer service, as well as food service. I am currently taking coding classes on the side to add to my resume. Please let me know if there is anyone in the Hampton Roads area or Washington DC area that is...

#student #college #shadow #mechanicalengineer

Hayley T.’s Avatar
Hayley T. Sep 14 58 views
Mary J.’s Avatar
Mary J. Sep 10 185 views

What are some ways I can make my resume stand out? What certificates that I can do online that can benefit me on the long run?

I am a full-time college freshman who also works full-time. I want my resume to stand out for other job opportunities. I am interested in business and building different sources of income. #college...

#business

makayla D.’s Avatar
makayla D. Sep 04 79 views

whats the best school to get my teaching education

i want to become like a kindergarten teacher or a pre school teacher, but i just don't know what school i want to go to. All i know is i want to go to one of the best, and i want some advice. #teacher #school...

brianna B.’s Avatar
brianna B. Sep 04 65 views

how many years u have to do in college for cosmetology ? what all skills u need to know and have to do to be a attorney?can u take 3 things in college at the same time or do u have to keep going back after your first years?

my name is brianna . im 15 years old and i go to hillcrest high school. im currently in 10th grade .i want to do hair, nails , makeup and do all girly things . i want to do cosmetology .i want to go to college for it for i can be professional and have a successful business. how is it like to...

#college #confidence #education #cosmetology #experience

cristoval S.’s Avatar
cristoval S. Sep 03 141 views

Is attending college and working stressful? Would it all be worth it?

In order for me to live the life I always dreamed of I must go to college. I have trouble with highschool, I would like to know if college and work would be worth it in the long run....

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Aug 31 58 views

Can I finish my Graduate at an Ivy league after attending ASU online

I am getting my bachelor of software engineering from ASU. But I am still planning to finish my PhD in an ivy league such as Havard or Carnegie Mellon. Can someone tell me if these will accept my degree as a valid one? #computerscience #college #ivyleague #havard #asu...

#software