Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

Kaela H.’s Avatar
Kaela H. yesterday 25 views

Should I take physics or AP Bio senior year?

My guidance counselor suggested I take physics but I rather take AP Bio. It's more interesting and I want to major in Biology in college. (I want to be an optometrist) My counselor said she was concerned that colleges wouldn't the AP Bio credits but I think taking AP Bio would show my...

#college-major #biology #college #physics #science

Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. yesterday 14 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#career #job #animation #college #art #artist

hannah S.’s Avatar
hannah S. yesterday 6 views
Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. yesterday 15 views
Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10 11 views

What resources should I be reaching out to/finding for people to notice my art?

How do you get people to recognize your art? Do you share it? Post it? Go to a museum? How is it possible for people to recognize your works and get a basic following to possibly live off of? #art #artist #college #fine-art...

#career

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10 21 views

How hard is it to live off of just your art?

#art #artist #psychology #fine-art #college I'm a hobbiest when it comes to art. I consider it a hobby, but would really like if I could go somewhere professionally with it. I've drawn and created my whole life, but have always been way too scared to admit that I wanted to become an artist,...

Ila P.’s Avatar
Ila P. Dec 09 26 views

If I have an unweighted GPA less than a 4.0, will it look bad to any Ivy League schools that I apply to?

Hey! I'm Ila (pronounced ee-la). This question has been something that I've been trying to find an answer to for a while. I currently have a 4.0, but my classes are pretty hard, and I can only hope to keep my 4.0 at the end of the semester. Any advice helps- thanks! #school #college...

#college-admissions #college-advice #gpa

Zakura A.’s Avatar
Zakura A. Dec 08 17 views

do girls have to cut their hair when they choose the course criminal-justice?

since girls have to cut their hair short in criminology, i'm wondering if it's also the same with criminal-justice #criminal-justice...

Matthew S.’s Avatar
Matthew S. Dec 07 56 views

Great with computers but no money for college at all. What careers are out there?

I love building computers and just messing with this bios and settings randomly and seeing the results. I have a history of HVAC from my dad but we don’t have the money to get me to college and because I got sick my last two years of high school I didn’t qualify for enough scholarships even...

#career #college #technology

JASHAWN C.’s Avatar
JASHAWN C. Dec 04 17 views
Zakura A.’s Avatar
Zakura A. Dec 01 27 views

Is becoming a Private Investigator a good choice?

i'm still not sure if i will take criminal justice as a course and become a private investigator/detective because i don't know if it's a good choice for me to take and become successful in the future. #criminal-justice...

Maliyah H.’s Avatar
Maliyah H. Nov 30 25 views
Zakura A.’s Avatar
Zakura A. Nov 24 20 views

What senior high school track and college course should i choose to become a private investigator?

I am now in Grade 9, a 15 year old planning for the future :) , and I'm not sure what track should i choose in senior high school and course in college to become a private investigator. I've always loved doing detective things and now i decided that i should become a private investigator...

#seniorhighschool #collegecourse #college-major #shs #seniorhighschooltrack #college

Aimee M.’s Avatar
Aimee M. Nov 22 52 views

Is it possible to balance a full time job, full school course load, being a single mom, and maintaining a socail life?

I am naturally a very ambitious person and plan on taking a full course load, continue working my full-time job, and parenting my daughter as a single parent. Is this massively ambitious, or do-able to some degree? I currently work with the IDD community and am looking to become a behavior...

#psychology #job #college #scholarship #singlemom

Aimee M.’s Avatar
Aimee M. Nov 22 22 views

What benefits are there to becoming a Behavior Specialist?

I am a single mom and want to return to school for the first time since graduating high school in 2005. I want to become a behavior specialist specializing in autism. #school #college #psychology #student...

#autism

Lyndi B.’s Avatar
Lyndi B. Nov 20 21 views
ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20 17 views

what is done in the botany labs

I like handling plants and experimenting with chemicals #college...

#chemical-engineering

ilya S.’s Avatar
ilya S. Nov 20 11 views

what classes are needed to become a botanist

what classes did you take in college to go into the field of botany...

annaka S.’s Avatar
annaka S. Nov 20 25 views

How many years of college to become a dental hygienists?

Four years to get a bachelor's degree as a dental hygienist....