Career questions tagged college

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Justin13 views

Is a Philosophy degree worth it for low income student ?

Im in a senior in highschool whos interested in philosophy history and law but i dont want to have a meaningless degree and be in ridiculous amount of debt, Is it worth it or should i just do trade

undefined's avatar
Dahlyn16 views

For those who have done apprenticeships for nursing certifications, was it worth it and what was the experience like?

I've seen a few hospitals and clinics offering apprenticeships for nursing certifications, and I was curious as to what that may look like and if you feel as if it was worth it. What are the positives and negatives of an apprenticeship? What did your day to day life look like as an apprentice? Any additional insights would be appreciated, thank you.

undefined's avatar
Baoyi30 views

Should I self-employment?

I plan to open a bubble tea shop in the future. What should I study? I want to finish college because my parents want me to have a stable job instead of starting a business.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Baoyi13 views

CC transfer to UC

I blindly selected courses in the first three semesters of CC, my GPA is very low, and some of my credits cannot be transferred. Will this reduce my chances of being accepted being accepted by good schools? What do I need to do to improve my chances of admission in the last three semesters?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dahlyn23 views

For those who worked in healthcare while going to college to get their BSN, how was your experience?

I'm considering the possibility of working as a CNA while simultaneously going to school to get a BSN. For those who have done just that or similarly, I'd like to know how your overall experience was. What was the most worth while? What was the most difficult part or most significant obstacle you had to face? How did you overcome these difficulties? Any other insights, advice, experiences, etc, would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

undefined's avatar
Sevan15 views

I there any thing I should know before going to get a Bachelor's in mechanical engineering ?

Just any tips or things I should already know about Mechanical Engineering

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Eric16 views

what are the best steps to become a registered nurse?

school programs and study time

undefined's avatar
Baoyi14 views

How can I overcome my fear?

I am afraid of injections. Will I have a chance to be a nurse in the future? How can I overcome my fear?

undefined's avatar
Sevan13 views

Choosing a College for Mechanical Engineering.

I'm a 18 year old that has completed high school and has a diploma who hopes to do mechanical engineering as a career and is facing a hard choice of which college to go to for a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ezekial9 views

how do i become marine biotest

how long does it take to get your bachelors.

undefined's avatar
Lilly11 views

If I become a LVN will I have any college credits when I enroll into college to get my bachelors in nursing?

I am going to be certified as a Medical Assistant in about 8 months and I plan to take classes to become a LVN then eventually become a Registered Nurse.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fernando85 views

How long does it take for me to know if I was accepted to me dream university ?

Time duration

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fernando81 views

What is the difference between a bachelors and doctorates degree ?

What is the difference between an institute, a college, and a university?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jensine118 views

I was just curious to know more about the differences between institutions like MIT (institute), Harvard (college/university), and the UCs (university)!

undefined's avatar
Amara136 views

How did you figure out what to do for the rest of your life?

Like choose your work field? Somedays, I would like to be in medical. Other days, law. It’s a hard choice?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Atlantis116 views

How to Adapt my Plan to Outdoor Education?

I know what I want; I want all the "paper benefits" (a major reason why I chose the teacher route) as I call them, I want to work away from the cities & have the space to just breathe (a deciding factor on why I'm currently working towards being a seasonal forest ranger in WA or OR), & I want to earn above the costs of living so I can afford to build personal gardens, library/collections, go camping & on long drives, etc. Knowing this is what I want &/or need personally helps me filter out a metric ton of options. How I'm currently working towards that; I'm enrolled in Job Corps of the PNW. I came here for the forestry experience & to network with Forestry Services when possible. I'll be working here for hopefully two years, so that I'll be qualified to be an entry-level forest ranger in WA & OR. I'm also redeveolping many soft skills & rebuilding my character while I'm here. After I've completed my two years here, I'm going to a community college in WA or OR for an AAS in Early Childhood Education so I'll be a teacher during the school year, & a forest ranger in the summers. This way I can be paid to live in the woods & work in nature. Ideally, I'll work or apprientice in the forestry-niche through college to maintain knowledge/skills & currency. If I enter Outdoor Education & stay for a career, I want to have the 40hr-week, "paper benifets," & still have the occasional vaccation for my camping time. Ideally, I'll want to work in an outdoor school, with similar school-breaks as public schools do, but I've no idea what the mimimual requirements for that generally is, & I'm unwilling to do an actual bacholor's unless it's within my industry that I've stayed in & require further education to advance in.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
vivian168 views

How can I start a medicine class?

I'm currently a student, who is into volunteering and helping the elderly in different homes. I would love to be in medicine in future.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kamiya176 views

How can I prepare myself for my future in medicine and in college?

As an African American woman aspiring to be a cardiothoracic surgeon, what are some struggles I should prepare myself for before going off to college and in the work field?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua185 views

What are some good college’s for Preforming Arts and Music?

What are some good college’s for Preforming Arts and Music that I can start to research and see what I like.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
rose224 views

when will be the next college admissions?

college admissions tips

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arsh235 views

Is this a good idea or no?

Hello, I am in high school and am thinking about what I am going to major in college. If I major in psychology and minor in business, will it be hard for me to get a job in human resources or marketing?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tanner226 views

How difficult is your life as a lawyer?

I am a newly graduate from high school. I have been accepted into community college for basic teachings for my gpa to increase. Then I plan to transfer somewhere to get my bachelors. I want to know how did you do in law school, and how it has effected your work. Do you ever feel threatened as a prosecutor?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marissa278 views

Does anyone know about specific business internships that a high schooler could do?

If someone knows specific internships or who I could connect with, I would appreciate any links or thoughts. I'm thinking about doing a paid internship while working in a business field as I would like to major in something along those lines.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia110 views

Is dual enrollment in high school worth it?

I am very adamant on getting ahead. I am currently placed in all honors classes since freshman at my school and get placed in AP classes yet. But, if I get far enough ahead, should I consider dual enrolling? What benefits does it have?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yashika227 views

I am a high school sophomore and have no extracurriculars currently besides 20 community service, I plan on doing SYEP (career skill building work, and you have to research a research question, which I plan on making medical related) this summer and Girls Who Code for skill building on the side for my future resume. I also am secretary of a newspaper club but thats all. Am I on the path for success or is it far too late for me to have enough extracurriculars by the end of junior year Are you guys aware of any medical internships for 15 year olds in NYC? ?

I am in 10th grade, a sophmore, 15 y/o, female, and live in NYC.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maybelle293 views

Do I need to go to university before going to college of medicine??

I really wish to study medicine But a friend of mine said I need to first go to university

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryanna415 views

How can I better prepare myself for the future?

I am currently a rising senior and originally I thought I wanted to be a physical therapist, but I know they do not make a lot of money. I want to be in a career where I can help people and still be able to help myself.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Habeebllahi360 views

How to excel in environmental science and graphic design?

Grade/School Level: Seventh Grade Career-related Interests: Favorite classes: Science and Art College majors: Interested in Environmental Science and Graphic Design Skills: Good at drawing, enjoys working on group projects Hobbies: Loves hiking and sketching nature scenes Career Question: I'm really interested in both Environmental Science and Graphic Design. How can I combine these interests in a future career, and what steps should I start taking now to prepare for that path?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabrina257 views

What should I do to get into a prestigious college?

Specific extracurriculars? Volunteering? Dedication? Good GPA?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia394 views

What law school is really worth it?

I have heard from many lawyers that sometimes it does matter where you go to law school. What law schools are the best and provide the best learning environment and/ or learning experience?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon