Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

Diana D.’s Avatar
Diana D. 10 hours ago 19 views

what should i do? i hate my major, i dont want to be a teacher

Im 22 years old girl and im in my third year of Preschool Education (it takes 5 years) , im gonna be a teacher and i hate t i dont know why did i choose that major, i hate to see myself in the mirror, and i hate to think in my future because im gonna become the person i always fear i fear to...

#school #college #lost #major

Angela N.’s Avatar
Angela N. 15 hours ago 35 views
Rose M.’s Avatar
Rose M. 2 days ago 21 views
Christina L.’s Avatar
Christina L. Dec 01 24 views

Best extracurriculars for Psychology major?

I am in a community college studying psychology and want to apply to many great schools by the time I transfer! I am interested in getting my masters to become a clinical psychologist or educational counselor after undergrad. However, during the time I am in community college now, I want to...

#university #communitycollege #remotevolunteering #college #academiccounselor #universityofcalifornia #psychology #volunteering #clinicalpsychologist #psychologist #psychiatrist #mentor #guidancecounselor #counselor

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01 47 views

What's a good action plan once I've gotten so behind in classwork it feels hopeless?

I want to get credit for these courses, but covid and the state of the world has really taken its toll. How do I go up from here? Asking on behalf of a friend <3 #mental-health #classwork #schoolwork #college #studying...

#homework

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01 53 views

Any advice for someone who struggles intensely with motivation when it comes to schoolwork?

Asking on behalf of a friend who is experiencing mental health challenges <3 #motivation #mental-health #college #homework #schoolwork...

#student-life

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01 24 views

What are some options for someone who might drop out of college and who would like to become a teacher?

Asking on behalf of a friend who might need to take some time off due to mental health challenges <3 #college #career-change #college-drop-out #teaching #education...

#mental-health

Nikolet C.’s Avatar
Nikolet C. Nov 30 15 views

what do you want to do in the future?

I want to either work in a school district or medical district #idk...

Ester S.’s Avatar
Ester S. Nov 29 64 views

How can I become a RN?

I am currently a junior in high school. I am very interested in nursing, and becoming an RN. I am having trouble understanding the steps , like what do I do first after I graduate high school ? Do I go straight to nursing school ? Do I go to college/university first and if so what classes...

#pharmacy #rn #college #nurse #nursing #medicine #medical-school

Weixuan W.’s Avatar
Weixuan W. Nov 28 18 views

What is the word limit for UC personal insight questions?

#schools #college # real life # college life # apply # AVID #...

Grace A.’s Avatar
Grace A. Nov 26 23 views

Dental Hygienist Major

Hello, I am currently a freshman in college going on my sophomore year. I am looking into becoming a dental hygienist. Right now, I am a health science major but my school doesn’t offer a dental hygiene major. Can I become a dental hygienist with a bachelor’s degree in health sciences?...

#dental #college #dentistry

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 25 32 views

Physical therapist vs Dermatologist?

I think PT is a great job but the debt after school is BIG! I think Dermatology sounds like fun and like you'll never be bored. What are some of the differences? #fun #schooling #college #school #physical-therapist #therapists...

#therapist

Kaley Q.’s Avatar
Kaley Q. Nov 24 72 views

How do I know when it is appropriate to ask for a raise in a science related field?

When I graduate high school I would really like to get a job as a science technician. Jobs are slim, but I'll work that out when I get there. My parents are both pretty passive, and don't really talk about work too much. How do I know when it's okay to talk to my boss about money related...

#science #knowledge #college #career-goals #work #jobs #career

Katerina C.’s Avatar
Katerina C. Nov 22 30 views

What programs do I need to enter in college?

I want to be in the film industry, I need to know what steps I need to take especially in college, to get in the industry. The types of programs and what degree I should be aiming for is what I also need help with. #student...

Racheal B.’s Avatar
Racheal B. Nov 20 49 views

Scholarships and Study methods for incoming Law students

Hello, my name is Racheal and I'm 16. I'm an early graduate and I just want fro more understanding of incoming college life. I want to be able to be independent and pay for college myself since I know my family can't. Please help me out I know it's a simple question but everyone studies...

#law #college #business #colleges #criminal-justice

Tessa S.’s Avatar
Tessa S. Nov 18 42 views

What advise do you have for a soon-to-be undergraduate aspiring to be a veterinarian?

I realized I absolutely love working with animals and people, and my favorite type of subjects throughout my whole life have been science classes, hence why I want to be a veterinarian. I want to be able to improve the lives of my animal patients, and provide them with the best care I can to...

#college #animal-health #givingiscaring #veterinarian #veterinary #veterinary-medicine

Alex B.’s Avatar
Alex B. Nov 19 54 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. #career-path #physics #graduateschool #gradschool #application #school #college #astronomy...

#junior

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19 47 views

Is anxiety during medical processes normal?

Doctors often have to do invasive procedures such as surgery, which can be bloody and unsettling. how do pre-medical students/residents get used to the feeling of doing these types of invasive procedures? #givingiscaring #medicine #college...

#pre-med

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19 37 views

What should a pre-med student living in the pandemic do right now?

With the pandemic going on, all of my plans to build my pre-medical portfoli have been put on hold. What can I do to ensure I am still maximizing my time as an undergrad on the pre-med track (volunteer, job, internship, etc)? #givingiscaring #student #college...

#pre-med

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Nov 19 157 views

Should I minor in Marketing or take more business classes that interest me?

I am currently a 3rd year Psychology major who plans to attain an M.B.A. after graduation. I am wondering if I should take a minor in marketing vs. taking other business classes I am more interested in as my elective classes and how it affects my application in any M.B.A. program (whether at my...

#university #higher-education #college #business #marketing #career

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18 39 views

What is it like to be a music minor?

I’m not sure how common this is, but I would like to minor in music. This is primarily for my own enjoyment and to take advantage of my time in college for structured growth in a hobby I love. What classes and assignments do you get? What is a typically day or week like? #givingiscaring #music...

#minor #college

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18 58 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. #givingiscaring #college #university #major #government #lawyer #college-major...

#choosing-a-major

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18 88 views

What is your best advice for minimizing student debt going into college?

I am currently a junior in high school. This is around the time when I am doing more research on colleges and solidifying my list for visits in the coming months and applications in senior year. #givingiscaring #college #university...

#studentdebt

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18 40 views

How many scholarships did you apply for?

Scholarships outside of packages given by the schools whether it be essay, ethnicity, subject/major, or other types of scholarships. #givingiscaring #scholarships #college...

#university

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 42 views

What did you do that helped you stand out and get accepted to college?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college-applications #college

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 51 views

What should I know about the college before going into an interview?

#college-applications #interview #college

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 48 views

Is it important to tour the campus in person before applying to college?

#college-applications #campus #college