Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

Hershey Marie L.’s Avatar
Hershey Marie L. 3 hours ago 5 views

Confuse on what course to take

I don't know what's the best course to take, kindly give me some guidance. I'm interested in medicine but my parents are not well off.

Kamari M.’s Avatar
Kamari M. 17 hours ago 24 views

Is it Hard to Double Major in Nursing and Psychology?

Please share your experience here!

Kamari M.’s Avatar
Kamari M. 17 hours ago 14 views

Should I become a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or a Clinical Psychologist?

I'm interested in mental health. At first I was set on being an adolescent psychologist, but then I saw mental health nurses practitioner. To become a mental health nurses practitioner, there's less school required (only masters) and it pays equal (if not more than) a clinical psychologist's...

reabetswe M.’s Avatar
reabetswe M. yesterday 38 views

where you would like to see yourself in 5 years time

grade 12,leaving school in 2022,want to study law at univarsity of Pretoria,univarsity of Johannesburg ,witswatersand univarsity and rhodes univarsity.My favourite class is English,Debate and Sesotho.

Andrew L.’s Avatar
Andrew L. Aug 12 29 views

Are MOOCS good on a college application?

I was wondering if Mass Open Online Courses are good on a college application if I don't pay for a certification?

Cera L.’s Avatar
Cera L. Aug 11 108 views

Is my career choice a good decision?

I'm only a freshman in high school, so I am able to change my decision, but I think this is probably what I want to do. I just wanted some more peoples' opinions about it, whether I should minor in something else as a backup plan or something. So, my plan is to major in an equine degree in...

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Aug 10 82 views

What is the best associates degree to get before getting a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity?

Both my younger brother and sister want to earn their associate's degree in cybersecurity, However, I'm concerned that they will be unable to find jobs after graduating with only their associate's degree. I've researched cybersecurity jobs, and discovered that most, if not all require at least...

Cera L.’s Avatar
Cera L. Aug 09 118 views

Things to Research About Colleges

I've been looking at colleges for a while now trying to narrow down what one I'd like to go to. I just want to see what kinds of things to look for that make one college better than the other. I plan on living in the dorms, so I'll definitely look at those, but other than that (and the fact...

Diya S.’s Avatar
Diya S. Aug 09 69 views

Thinking of dropping a degree and going for another one, I mean should I? After giving it a year.

I'm in my first year of a BA degree, my subjects are Psychology, English Lit & Education. Things are not working well for me, I am not liking it so far, disappointed with my college and myself. All I think of is working in the media field, taking interviews, hosting shows, working in...

Cera L.’s Avatar
Cera L. Aug 09 30 views

Does anyone know of any good equine colleges?

I have a few years to think about it, so it's not a rushed decision by any means, but I have been looking around at colleges and have a small list. I was wondering if anyone else had any other colleges that would be good for me to add to my list. So, I want to go to college and major in Equine...

Kai M.’s Avatar
Kai M. Aug 07 101 views

Shifting courses

Hi! I'm a freshman in college and i'm thinking about shifting courses from Bachelor of science in business administration to Bachelor of science in medical technology by the end of our first sem. Is that okay? Will i go back to first year again if i do that?

Harold P.’s Avatar
Harold P. Aug 06 70 views

What's the best major for marketing?

What's the best undergrad major for someone who wants to be in a marketing managerial position eventually, whilst simultaneously having a plan B? Marketing, finance, or other? I've heard that marketing is not the major that it used to be, and most people advice me to align with the marketing...

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Aug 05 112 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

James F.’s Avatar
James F. Aug 03 122 views

I have big problems with my grades in school, especially in math. How do I improve?

I have big problems with my grades in school, especially in math. I, on the other hand, do not trust math teachers because I often had problems understanding the subject.

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Aug 01 147 views

Is it advisable to take dual enrollment while I enter the senior year of high school?

My school doesn't offer many AP classes, and I'm trying to challenge myself academically. Is it advisable for me to take community college classes during my senior year, and how will it affect my college applications?

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Aug 01 63 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Jul 31 69 views

How to choose which animation specialization to study?

Hello! I'm interested in having a career in animation. When I started looking at animation more closely, I thought "animator", "producer", and "director" were the only job titles you could have. Turns out there's many different jobs to choose from. However, I have no idea which area to...

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 75 views

Q4: I’ve done a lot of career tests, and I’ve scored high in science and healthcare, but I’m not sure what career would be good for me specifically in the science field, and what I want to do?

Hi, my name is Miracle and I’m about to start college in the fall, but I’m not sure what to major in and I was hoping that having a scientist answer my questions then that might give me some insight on what to major in. I know these aren’t ideal questions, but I’ve always loved science and...

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 73 views

Q3: I guess based off my words, what do you think will be a good major for me in the science field?

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 60 views

Q2: What career could I have where I could help people, and be a scientist, but not get credit by writing papers or articles and getting published, I don’t want to be in front of everything, but I don’t want to be in background either, I want my career to be fulfilling and have purpose and to see my work help people and make lives matter and easier!

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 28 144 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 28 84 views

How worthy is it to take a BS/MD program if you want to be a doctor?

As a pre-health student in high school, I've always wondered if the BS/MD program is worthy because I'm worried about costs and not being able to graduate with my friends. What's your advice on that?

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 27 238 views

How do you limit procrastination?

I think this has been an issue tons of people have because procrastination makes us lose some big opportunities. What are some tips that could help out with procrastination and increase my motivation to work?

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 27 144 views

What are 529 accounts? How do they work? What are the pros and cons of using one?

They seem like a really good option, but I would like to hear from people who have used them.

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 26 206 views

Does your workplace value your mental health?

It might be a silly question but I'm genuinely curious about people's prospect. This is all because you're replaceable once you're 6 ft under so why not take care of your mental health?

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 26 143 views

What are some tips to prepare for college applications?

I'm a rising senior and a first generation student. The whole college application feels new to me and it looks like it's a lot. What are some tips that you have?

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 26 57 views

Which careers/jobs have the fastest growth in Kansas?

I recently moved to Kansas, and was curious about its growing/dominant industries.

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 26 90 views

Which Kansas University/College has the best MBA program?

My new home town has a University which offers a MBA program, but I'm open to exploring other options.

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 26 75 views

What is the difference between a college and an university?

Does it have something to do with their size, history, purpose, etc., or are they just synonyms?

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 26 53 views

Which Kansas College/University has the best math program?

I live really close to K-State, University of Kansas, and Washburn University. I'm also open to the idea of attending Wichita University. I would prefer to attend a public college/university over a private one.