Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. 18 hours ago 39 views

What extracurriculars/volunteer programs should I be doing for college (medical field)?

#college #medical #medicine #doctor #premed I am going to be a junior in high school this coming school year, and i was planning on trying to volunteer at several hospitals nearby. However, with COVID-19, hospitals are no longer accepting volunteers, so I am unsure of what extracurriculars or...

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. 22 hours ago 11 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration #hope...

#love

Jack F.’s Avatar
Jack F. yesterday 9 views

What college courses do i need to take to become a genetic engineer?

I’m looking to become a genetic engineer in plants. I am only in 9th grade but already planning for college and am trying to figure out how to achieve my goal. Any help would be useful, Thanks. #college #genetic #college #geneticengineer #biology...

#stem

Arisa Y.’s Avatar
Arisa Y. yesterday 14 views

What is it like going to a BS/MS PA program like? Should I chose this route instead of taking a more traditional entry into the PA profession?

I'm thinking about being a PA (physician assistant/associate) which is why I thought about taking a more advanced program straight out of high school. It allows me to enter the work field sooner as well as cut down some costs. The one thing that concerns me is the amount of vigor/what it...

#college #pa #doctor #medical #medicine #healthcare

Candice W.’s Avatar
Candice W. May 28 21 views

Environmentalists: What does your typical work week consist of? All sub-specialties welcome.

I'm an undergraduate student struggling to commit to a major, after changing time and time again. After finally settling on a general area of study, it's time to determine a more focused area. The top bachelors degree programs that I am looking at include environmental engineering,...

#environment #sustainability #college #science

Alora J.’s Avatar
Alora J. May 27 63 views

Which major should I go for to get my dream job?

I’m starting college in the fall and I’m going for a double major. My end goal is to help find sex trafficking victims online. I’m not interested or capable of doing field work. I’ll be going for computer sciences but I can’t decide if social work or criminal justice would be the right way to...

#human-trafficking #college #computer-science #job-search #career #college-major

Alex K.’s Avatar
Alex K. May 27 58 views

How exactly does one go about becoming a registered Clinical Psychologist? What can you do from there?

Hi, I adore psychology and I someday aim to become a clinical psychologist. However I’m not sure what to do to get there; what high school and university / college courses to take, which countries would have the best opportunities, etc. My 3 main goals are to volunteer in the UN, work in a...

#college #psychology #career #counseling #clinical-psychology

Simratpreet K.’s Avatar
Simratpreet K. May 27 134 views

How can I make myself more competitive to get into college during this quarantine?

I am a junior in High school with decent grades. I don't have much leadership position but I have played basketball for 4 years so far and track for 2 years. I don't have any volunteer experience and I was planning on this summer but due to covid 19 I can't. #volunteer #sports #college...

#job

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 90 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college #engineering #computer-science #college-major #math #minor

malu J.’s Avatar
malu J. May 26 116 views

How do I know if a community college or University is right for me?

I don't know where I want to go now, so many people have different opinions and they're helpful, but, I am just getting more confused, can someone give me some tips on finding what is right for me? #college #undecided...

#career

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 41 views

What does it mean to be a material science engineer?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I read an article on material science engineering and I am very intrigued about this field of engineering. #engineering #college #material-science-engineering...

#undecided

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 35 views

What is the difference between electrical and computer engineering?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I have found some interest in electrical engineering but the more I research electrical engineering the more I start to realize that computer engineering is pretty similar. I know that there are...

#computer-engineering #electrical-engineering #college #engineering

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 32 views

What does it mean to be an electrical engineer?

I am a senior in high school and I applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I have watched numerous videos provided by colleges on what each field of engineering entails and what really interested me was electrical engineering. I am curious about what an electrical engineer does...

#electrical-engineering #college #engineer #stem

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 52 views

How will I know when a specific field of engineering is for me?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to numerous colleges for engineering. My only problem is that I applied undecided engineering and after hearing numerous colleges talk about the different fields of engineering they offer, I still can't seem to lean towards a field that I like. I...

#undecided #college #engineering #stem

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 41 views

What basic knowledge do you need in order to pursue a future in engineering?

I am a senior in high school and I took numerous AP classes in my junior and senior years. During my senior year, I took AP Calc BC, AP Physics, and AP Computer Science. Were these classes enough to get me started in being an engineer? Also, what should I take in college to further help me...

#career #college #engineer #stem

jessica M.’s Avatar
jessica M. May 22 54 views

should I take AP spanish lang?

I can speak spanish and understand, but he problem is I can't write it and I have to write a 4 paragraph essay on the Ap test which I haven't achieved. I don't know what to do. What will the colleges say about my me not taking it?...

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22 91 views

When is the best time to start looking for summer internships in college?

I am going to be a college freshman this fall. When is the right time to start researching and applying to summer internships? #college...

#internships

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22 101 views

What is your best advice for college freshmen?

I am going to be a college freshman this fall. What is your best advice related to academics and career opportunities?...

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22 91 views

How much education should you include in a CV / resume?

Hi, I was wondering what the amount of education that should be included in a resume / CV. I was always under the impression that everything should be included, so in my case as a student in the UK, I would include everything from my GCSE's, A-Levels and then my university / college degree....

#job #career #college #resume

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. May 22 44 views

What should I major in College if I am working towards being Pre-Law?

I have always been interested in speech, debated and politics. I've known for a few years now that I want to go into Politics or become a Lawyer. English is my favorite subject in school. I have very good persuasive and writing skills as well. #college-major #politics#law...

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 21 89 views

When is the best time for a college student to scout for internships and/or research opportunities?

I am taking summer classes this summer and planning to take more next summer so I can lessen my course work over the school year. During the school year I work part time on campus and my school runs by the quarter system, so I feel like summer classes are a must. That being said, I have left...

#college #internship #research #engineering

malu J.’s Avatar
malu J. May 20 95 views

when applying for colleges, should I apply to universities even though I'm going to start off with a community college

I want to go to a community #college college first for 2 years but i don't know if i should apply for both community and...