Career Questions tagged College

College offers the opportunity to continue one's education post-secondary providing career developing skills and knowledge. There are many different types of colleges. There are two-year colleges that offer Associate of...

taquavious C.’s Avatar
taquavious C. 12 hours ago 10 views
Jorge R.’s Avatar
Jorge R. yesterday 29 views

Is there any job that I apply for that would help me when I go to college and take courses for veterinarian

Im Jorge a 17 year old a senior in high school I really want to go to college for veterinarian but I also want to make some money, I have horses of my own I have 3 horses I have 2 dogs and 10 cows and I love my lifestyle #veterinarian...

imoni S.’s Avatar
imoni S. 2 days ago 34 views

How many years of college do i have to do to become a computer science support specialist ?

I am a 12th grade student and I would like to major in computer science and become a computer science support specialist. #computer-science #college #computer...

#technology

Priyanka G.’s Avatar
Priyanka G. Jan 12 24 views

I am a national level badminton player. Can that be a criteria for recruitment in stanford?

I want to apply to stanford through athletics. I play badminton, but as it is not a varsity sport, i am not sure if it will raise my chances for admission. #sports #college #athletics...

#college-admissions

Zachary S.’s Avatar
Zachary S. Jan 10 56 views

What does being a business major take?

I'm looking for colleges and I want to be a business major, but I don't know what to focus on and I'm not sure how to go about college (majors and minors). #business #major...

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Jan 10 84 views

What can I do with a business management degree?

I've been a supervisor for the last 9 years and I want to understand my options for my major. I will be graduating college this December and want to know the different paths of management that are out there #management #business #college...

#entrepreneur

Joselyn G.’s Avatar
Joselyn G. Jan 07 51 views

how do I choose a program in College?

Hi, I am currently attending a tech school for liberal arts and I Change my mind every day on the career I want to peruse #graphic-design #art #career #college #research , I started with dental hygiene and then social work and then special education and then graphic communication and graphic...

Charlie W.’s Avatar
Charlie W. Jan 06 71 views

Should I minor in HR Management with a major in Chemistry

I'm an undergrad Chemistry freshman with multiple interests, from IT to music to business to astronomy and of course chemistry :) My questions are for anyone to answer. It will definitely help me make the best decisions. \m/ #chemistry #college #college-major #management #college-minor...

#physics #career-advice

Abdullah M.’s Avatar
Abdullah M. Jan 03 79 views

College Major Choice/ Career Advice

Hi! I'm a senior in high school, and I'm currently applying to colleges. I'm noticing that my list is rather small due to my specific major choice, marketing. I don't know if I should apply to the "prestigious" colleges that don't have business majors and just major in econ. I...

#marketing #business #college-major #college #career #internship

alyssa F.’s Avatar
alyssa F. Jan 02 38 views

Is getting straight A's a good way to get a good scholarship ? And what if you were to have one B ? Would that effect your chance to recieve a scholarship . Also what kind of scholarships could you get that would be very beneficial ?

I want to be an orthopedic surgeon which will require 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, and up to 5 years of residency. So I know it will be very important to get a scholarship and I would appreciate your advice and opinions. #scholarship #college #financial-aid #university...

#orthopedic #medicine #residency

Laura G.’s Avatar
Laura G. Dec 29, 2019 29 views

What steps should I take to become a Critical Care Nurse?

Hey everyone my name is Laura and I am currently a sophomore in College. My first year I did not have the best of grades and I just want to hear that maybe I can still be what I always wanted to be, a Nurse. Any advice or motivation? Please #nursing...

alyssa F.’s Avatar
alyssa F. Dec 27, 2019 43 views
Zakura A.’s Avatar
Zakura A. Dec 27, 2019 36 views

Can I be a Private Detective With BS in Criminology course?

Can I be a Private Detective With BS in Criminology course? #criminology...

Brian R.’s Avatar
Brian R. Dec 22, 2019 97 views

School may be committing fraud.

So after I had already been dropped out of school for more than a month and a half, still my school had pulled out a $5,000 portion of the financial aid for the next semester. And I've been notified several times, for several weeks prior, that I would be considered dropped out the next...

#college #financial-aid

Bethany R.’s Avatar
Bethany R. Dec 18, 2019 100 views

How do I decide what major I should pick?

I am a third culture kid who has lived all over the place. I really love people and working with children , especially kids who come from rougher situations. I was looking into going in as a #psychology major but then I wanted to study more of the medicine aspect. But then I realized I love...

#college-major #medicine #college #news

Abdullah M.’s Avatar
Abdullah M. Dec 16, 2019 143 views

Career and Life advice?

Hi, I'm Abdullah a senior in high school in NYC. I have applied to colleges, mostly business schools but I'm not sure if this was the right choice long term. I'm interested in consumer psychology and social psychology - why people buy the things they do and how companies have the power to...

#marketing #business #college #career #internship

Alpha B.’s Avatar
Alpha B. Dec 15, 2019 72 views

open minded

I am a type of person who likes to devote his free time in the service of others. I volunteered in many departments such as the Red Cross, UNICEF, UNESCO, All Hands and Heart in Houston (hurricane relief). Just want to know about local community services in Brooklyn or in the NYC in...

#college #career

Kaela H.’s Avatar
Kaela H. Dec 12, 2019 112 views

Should I take physics or AP Bio senior year?

My guidance counselor suggested I take physics but I rather take AP Bio. It's more interesting and I want to major in Biology in college. (I want to be an optometrist) My counselor said she was concerned that colleges wouldn't the AP Bio credits but I think taking AP Bio would show my...

#college-major #biology #college #physics #science

Alexis S.’s Avatar
Alexis S. Dec 12, 2019 108 views
Haley G.’s Avatar
Haley G. Dec 12, 2019 75 views

Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent...

#art #job #artist #college #career #animation

hannah S.’s Avatar
hannah S. Dec 12, 2019 38 views
Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. Dec 12, 2019 103 views
Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 52 views

What resources should I be reaching out to/finding for people to notice my art?

How do you get people to recognize your art? Do you share it? Post it? Go to a museum? How is it possible for people to recognize your works and get a basic following to possibly live off of? #art #artist #college #fine-art...

#career

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 49 views

How hard is it to live off of just your art?

#art #artist #psychology #fine-art #college I'm a hobbiest when it comes to art. I consider it a hobby, but would really like if I could go somewhere professionally with it. I've drawn and created my whole life, but have always been way too scared to admit that I wanted to become an artist,...