Career Questions tagged Undergraduate

Juno Elsa O.’s Avatar
Juno Elsa O. May 20 342 views

Jobs, Volunteering, and Internships

Hi there! I’m currently an undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hope to find an internship sometime during the upcoming school year. However, I don’t have a ton of work/volunteer experience and I was wondering where I could find some job/work opportunities. I was also wondering if...

#internship #psychology #firstjob #volunteer #undergraduate

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Aug 29 97 views

What degree would suit my needs best between business and something in the arts?

I'm a multiple business owner at just 20 years old but still in the early stages with both of them. One is a photography business and the other is a online media website and I write the bulk of the content on the site. I have intensions of opening a skincare business in the near future as well...

#degree #business #art #undergraduate

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 161 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#experience #future #college #universities #undergraduates #advice #school #education #experiences #schools #degree #degrees #graduate-schools #july #colleges #undergraduate #graduate #scholarship #higher-education #graduates #july20 #graduate-school #university #masters-degree #college-advice

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29 80 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

#july20 #researcher #research #college #undergraduate

Aradhana K.’s Avatar
Aradhana K. Jul 17 73 views

Med School App Recommendations?

I am currently in an undergraduate degree program, and want to know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to help boost my med school app when I apply to med school. #college #undergraduate #school #medical-school #pre-med #medicine...

#july20

Golam R.’s Avatar
Golam R. May 06, 2019 166 views

Should I take the Singapore Government Grant for undergraduate studies?

I am a high school student from Bangladesh. I have recently been accepted to Yale-NUS College for the class of 2023. I have an option to take the Government grant that will allow me to pay subsidised fees but I will have to take up a bond to work for 3 years in a Singapore-registered company...

#college #bachelors #artificialintelligence #computer #science #technology #singapore #ai #undergraduate

Jennifer C.’s Avatar
Jennifer C. Aug 31, 2018 221 views

As a high school senior, what steps should I take as I study for the Medical College Admissions Test while doing my classwork for my undergraduate degree? How many hours would be ideal to study a day?

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon and I want advice to help me further enhance my eduaction and get ahead. I also want to join the BSMD program. Is that recommended? #bsmd #doctor #undergraduate #surgeon...

#mcats

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 404 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

#highschool #undergraduate

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Aug 15, 2018 379 views
Markus D.’s Avatar
Markus D. Aug 14, 2018 229 views
C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 19, 2018 325 views

How long does it take to find your ideal job? (if you've found one)

#jobs #job-search #human-resource #undergraduate #students-problem #advice #mentoring #job-coaching Pursuing a rewarding career seems to take forever through trials and error. How long does it take to figure out what's the best fit for you? Thanks in...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 348 views

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #it...

#computer-science #computers #undergraduate

Tinni M.’s Avatar
Tinni M. May 15, 2018 443 views

How is NYU Undergraduate Stern?

This is a program that I’ve really been looking into and was wondering if those who have graduated from this program would be able to give any insight on. #nyu #stern #business-school #college...

#undergraduate

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. May 14, 2018 319 views

Late graduate student chance of work?

Am an undergraduate student who is a bit worried that I am looking to graduate at my late 20's. Is that going to negatively affect my chances of employment? #undergraduate...

#professional

Rohit S.’s Avatar
Rohit S. May 03, 2018 390 views

What is considered as an undergraduate program?

I am currently a high school sophomore, and I am enrolled next year for dual credit for Spanish lll. Does this count as an undergraduate program? #undergraduate...

April C.’s Avatar
April C. Jan 17, 2018 903 views

What major is most effective if I want to go to grad school for physical therapy?

Universities offer a few majors/routes for undergrads that could work for PT grad school... which one puts me ahead? #physical-therapy #undergraduate #major #college-major #college...

#academic-advising

Vicky R.’s Avatar
Vicky R. Jan 16, 2018 231 views

Does it matter where I do my undergraduate degree?

I am conseidering if to stay in my country for my undergraduate degree or to go abroad to a higher ranking school to pursue it. #college #undergraduate...

#college-choice

Venese E.’s Avatar
Venese E. Apr 18, 2018 335 views

What is the best major to receive your bachelors in, if you want to go to law school after.

So I would love to be a lawyer one day. Since you have to do your undergrad first what do you suggest receiving your bachelors in. #law #female-lawyer #undergraduate...

#bachelorsdegree

Raabia C.’s Avatar
Raabia C. Apr 13, 2018 408 views

How important is it to build relationships with your professors?

I will be attending college in September of this year as a freshman undergraduate student. I have heard from many that some college professors may not be as hands- on as others but it is always good to connect with them in terms of networking. I wonder how beneficial this type of networking...

#undergraduate #college-advice #professors

Ream G.’s Avatar
Ream G. Mar 26, 2018 303 views

How useful is it to go to an elite university for undergraduate school?

I know some of the best universities in the country are usually really expensive and competitive. I am planning on going to medical school and am wondering if it is worth it to go to an elite university for undergraduate school or is it better to go to a smaller name school where I would have a...

#graduate-school #college #undergraduate

JAMES H.’s Avatar
JAMES H. May 18, 2016 461 views

How much better is to Live in campus rather than commute to the school?

I am asking this question because I want to know if staying is worth the money #graduate #doctorate-degree #undergraduate #college...

#student-housing

Chelsea S.’s Avatar
Chelsea S. Mar 20, 2018 369 views

How do I know that the major I am in is the best for me?

I am currently a theatre major, but I have my associates in Criminal Justice. Everyone says that the arts are not the best programs to go into since they do not "contribute anything to you in the long run." How do I know that getting this degree will not burn me in the end? #collegemajor...

#lifechoices #theatre #undergraduate

Lundyn R.’s Avatar
Lundyn R. Jan 23, 2018 312 views

Good criminal justice college programs?

What undergrad programs are best for a career in criminal justice? Are there schools that have healthy relationships in the field? #criminaljustice #undergraduate...

#career-counseling

Mallory C.’s Avatar
Mallory C. Jan 18, 2018 227 views

What can I do to feel more excited about, and less scared for, my college transition in a few months?

I'm very close with my family, but my top school is over five hours away from home. Everyone tells me that college will be one of the best times of my life, but I can't help but feel more terrified than excited. Is there anything I can start doing now to start easing myself into the idea?...

#undergraduate #life-transitions #college