Career Questions tagged Undergraduate

Emerald S.’s Avatar
Emerald S. Jun 23 137 views

Job help for a recent psych undergrad

Hello! I'm a recent college graduate who's low-income. I plan to eventually go to graduate school once I can afford it but as I'm entering the "adult" world, I'm curious about what jobs to apply to that still have some relevance to what I studied in school for. There's a research assistant but...

psychology college jobhelp undergraduate

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Jun 03 239 views

What is a good background to have as a Systems Engineer?

I came across a job description for a Systems Engineer, and it seems like something I might be interested in. I have a lot of on-the-job experience with project management and communication, and I'll be graduating with a bachelor's degree in physics next year. Is this an appropriate background...

undergrad engineering undergraduate project-management systems-engineer physics

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Apr 20 163 views

Which A-levels should I choose for medicine?

My GCSEs are almost done with and I have to choose my A-levels soon. I've already decided on taking biology and chemistry for my first two options, and maybe psychology as a third option because I think it's related to medicine and can help me. My fourth option is giving me quite a bit of a...

surgeon alevels physics gcses medicine history science undergraduate english premed

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 163 views

Should I pursue a senior project that exposes me to a new area of physics or one that is more in line with what I believe I'll want to do as a career?

Currently, I don't have a clear idea as to what I want to do after graduation. I'll definitely apply to PhD programs, but I don't know what field I want to specialize in. Right now I'm most interested in optics, laser physics, and math. For my senior project, I'm tasked with choosing a...

undergrad senior-project college physics phd research optics capstone math undergraduate research-advisor engineering last-physics microelectronic-engineering

Armelyn D.’s Avatar
Armelyn D. Feb 05 230 views

how to find a job

I'm always woworry because the size of the tuition fee ngsyon not sem finished cup could help mom :( student-loans undergraduate...

tuition

John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 2884 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. student high school high-school-students college-student undergraduate...

graduate

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 291 views

Is the new COVID college grading policy beneficial or harmful?

As a pre med student, I was wondering if the new grading policy (pass/fail versus A,B,C) would be beneficial for me or harmful? pre-med college-admissions undergraduate...

givingiscaring

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 385 views

Is it okay to choose a major without being sure what career I want to pursue?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

college-major college undergraduate

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 228 views

Were you able to get job experience or do research in your field while in college? How can I find those opportunities?

job-experience research college undergraduate

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 170 views

Transitioning into college can be scary. How was your transition? Do you have any tips for new freshmen?

college undergraduate college-transition

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 182 views

What helped you to be successful at school?

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 10, 2020 219 views

How easy is it to transfer skills from a physics BS to a job in industry?

I feel like a lot of recruiters will ask about engineering project experience or software expertise, and so far my classes have been math/theory focused. I'm comfortable with Python and have taken a few labs, but I feel like I don't have the experience a lot of employers expect. What sort of...

career physics-major undergraduate physics job-experience industry givingiscaring

Juno Elsa O.’s Avatar
Juno Elsa O. May 20, 2020 789 views

Jobs, Volunteering, and Internships

Hi there! I’m currently an undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hope to find an internship sometime during the upcoming school year. However, I don’t have a ton of work/volunteer experience and I was wondering where I could find some job/work opportunities. I was also wondering if...

psychology internship undergraduate firstjob volunteer

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Aug 29, 2020 242 views

What degree would suit my needs best between business and something in the arts?

I'm a multiple business owner at just 20 years old but still in the early stages with both of them. One is a photography business and the other is a online media website and I write the bulk of the content on the site. I have intensions of opening a skincare business in the near future as well...

degree business undergraduate art

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 363 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

scholarship advice future schools colleges school universities experiences undergraduates graduate-schools july20 graduate education july degrees college graduates graduate-school university masters-degree undergraduate experience degree higher-education college-advice

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29, 2020 225 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

researcher college undergraduate research july20

Aradhana K.’s Avatar
Aradhana K. Jul 17, 2020 180 views

Med School App Recommendations?

I am currently in an undergraduate degree program, and want to know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to help boost my med school app when I apply to med school. college undergraduate school medical-school pre-med medicine...

july20

Golam R.’s Avatar
Golam R. May 06, 2019 324 views

Should I take the Singapore Government Grant for undergraduate studies?

I am a high school student from Bangladesh. I have recently been accepted to Yale-NUS College for the class of 2023. I have an option to take the Government grant that will allow me to pay subsidised fees but I will have to take up a bond to work for 3 years in a Singapore-registered company...

college artificialintelligence science bachelors singapore technology undergraduate ai computer

Jennifer C.’s Avatar
Jennifer C. Aug 31, 2018 344 views

As a high school senior, what steps should I take as I study for the Medical College Admissions Test while doing my classwork for my undergraduate degree? How many hours would be ideal to study a day?

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon and I want advice to help me further enhance my eduaction and get ahead. I also want to join the BSMD program. Is that recommended? bsmd doctor undergraduate surgeon...

mcats

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 550 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

undergraduate highschool

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 19, 2018 503 views

How long does it take to find your ideal job? (if you've found one)

jobs job-search human-resource undergraduate students-problem advice mentoring job-coaching Pursuing a rewarding career seems to take forever through trials and error. How long does it take to figure out what's the best fit for you? Thanks in...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 493 views

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college it...

computers computer-science undergraduate