Career Questions tagged Undergraduate

Marissa W.’s Avatar
Marissa W. Dec 22, 2020 100 views
John L.’s Avatar
John L. Dec 05, 2020 315 views

What is the difference between an undergraduate and graduate?

Hello, I don't really know/understand what an undergraduate and graduate student is. #student #high school #high-school-students #college-student #undergraduate...

#graduate

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 99 views

Is the new COVID college grading policy beneficial or harmful?

As a pre med student, I was wondering if the new grading policy (pass/fail versus A,B,C) would be beneficial for me or harmful? #pre-med #college-admissions #undergraduate...

#givingiscaring

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 113 views

Is it okay to choose a major without being sure what career I want to pursue?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college #undergraduate #college-major

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 94 views

Were you able to get job experience or do research in your field while in college? How can I find those opportunities?

#college #undergraduate #research #job-experience

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 67 views

Transitioning into college can be scary. How was your transition? Do you have any tips for new freshmen?

#college #college-transition #undergraduate

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 69 views

What helped you to be successful at school?

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 10, 2020 99 views

How easy is it to transfer skills from a physics BS to a job in industry?

I feel like a lot of recruiters will ask about engineering project experience or software expertise, and so far my classes have been math/theory focused. I'm comfortable with Python and have taken a few labs, but I feel like I don't have the experience a lot of employers expect. What sort of...

#givingiscaring #physics-major #industry #physics #undergraduate #career #job-experience

Juno Elsa O.’s Avatar
Juno Elsa O. May 20, 2020 443 views

Jobs, Volunteering, and Internships

Hi there! I’m currently an undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hope to find an internship sometime during the upcoming school year. However, I don’t have a ton of work/volunteer experience and I was wondering where I could find some job/work opportunities. I was also wondering if...

#volunteer #psychology #firstjob #undergraduate #internship

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Aug 29, 2020 125 views

What degree would suit my needs best between business and something in the arts?

I'm a multiple business owner at just 20 years old but still in the early stages with both of them. One is a photography business and the other is a online media website and I write the bulk of the content on the site. I have intensions of opening a skincare business in the near future as well...

#undergraduate #business #degree #art

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 198 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#college #universities #degrees #degree #graduate-school #advice #undergraduate #school #college-advice #graduates #future #masters-degree #experiences #july20 #colleges #experience #graduate #graduate-schools #education #higher-education #schools #university #undergraduates #july #scholarship

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29, 2020 106 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

#college #july20 #researcher #undergraduate #research

Aradhana K.’s Avatar
Aradhana K. Jul 17, 2020 94 views

Med School App Recommendations?

I am currently in an undergraduate degree program, and want to know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to help boost my med school app when I apply to med school. #college #undergraduate #school #medical-school #pre-med #medicine...

#july20

Golam R.’s Avatar
Golam R. May 06, 2019 184 views

Should I take the Singapore Government Grant for undergraduate studies?

I am a high school student from Bangladesh. I have recently been accepted to Yale-NUS College for the class of 2023. I have an option to take the Government grant that will allow me to pay subsidised fees but I will have to take up a bond to work for 3 years in a Singapore-registered company...

#college #technology #ai #undergraduate #computer #singapore #bachelors #artificialintelligence #science

Jennifer C.’s Avatar
Jennifer C. Aug 31, 2018 244 views

As a high school senior, what steps should I take as I study for the Medical College Admissions Test while doing my classwork for my undergraduate degree? How many hours would be ideal to study a day?

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon and I want advice to help me further enhance my eduaction and get ahead. I also want to join the BSMD program. Is that recommended? #bsmd #doctor #undergraduate #surgeon...

#mcats

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 440 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

#undergraduate #highschool

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Aug 15, 2018 416 views
Markus D.’s Avatar
Markus D. Aug 14, 2018 253 views
C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 19, 2018 360 views

How long does it take to find your ideal job? (if you've found one)

#jobs #job-search #human-resource #undergraduate #students-problem #advice #mentoring #job-coaching Pursuing a rewarding career seems to take forever through trials and error. How long does it take to figure out what's the best fit for you? Thanks in...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 386 views

Best undergraduate computer science colleges?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #it...

#computer-science #undergraduate #computers

Tinni M.’s Avatar
Tinni M. May 15, 2018 465 views

How is NYU Undergraduate Stern?

This is a program that I’ve really been looking into and was wondering if those who have graduated from this program would be able to give any insight on. #nyu #stern #business-school #college...

#undergraduate

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. May 14, 2018 337 views

Late graduate student chance of work?

Am an undergraduate student who is a bit worried that I am looking to graduate at my late 20's. Is that going to negatively affect my chances of employment? #undergraduate...

#professional

Rohit S.’s Avatar
Rohit S. May 03, 2018 422 views

What is considered as an undergraduate program?

I am currently a high school sophomore, and I am enrolled next year for dual credit for Spanish lll. Does this count as an undergraduate program? #undergraduate...

April C.’s Avatar
April C. Jan 17, 2018 1087 views

What major is most effective if I want to go to grad school for physical therapy?

Universities offer a few majors/routes for undergrads that could work for PT grad school... which one puts me ahead? #physical-therapy #undergraduate #major #college-major #college...

#academic-advising

Vicky R.’s Avatar
Vicky R. Jan 16, 2018 251 views

Does it matter where I do my undergraduate degree?

I am conseidering if to stay in my country for my undergraduate degree or to go abroad to a higher ranking school to pursue it. #college #undergraduate...

#college-choice