Career Questions tagged Law

The law is a set of rules for society to follow. The most common career in law is a lawyer, but other examples include law enforcement, tax adviser, and judges....

Isaiah R.’s Avatar
Isaiah R. May 10 102 views

Becoming A Police Detective

I am very interested in becoming a Police detective, what are the specific details to becoming a Police Detective and what are the step by step actions I have to take to succeed in this occupation? I am currently 17 and I am in Job Corps.

Kelly M.’s Avatar
Kelly M. May 10 90 views

What Is it like to be a police officer? And what kind of steps did you personally take to become a police officer? Also how much would the median range salary for this job title? Very curious and interested to know !

Hello, I honestly wanted to know what Is It like to be a police officer? Like what kind of steps did you have to take to get this role? , And by chance , How much would be for the median range salary for this job position? Any advice or tips? Very curious to hear some answers! Also wanted to...

Amayagrace F.’s Avatar
Amayagrace F. May 09 86 views

I want to be a criminal investigator. I read I need to go to the police academy to become a patrolman and then be promoted to a detective but I don't necessarily want to become a police officer. Is there ways I can become a criminal investigator without the police academy and promotion?

I read about becoming a criminal investigator and plan to get a psychology degree as well as criminal justice. I know I can become a social work investigator but I'm not sure if this would work well to become a criminal investigator after this job. If there is anyone who has experience in these...

Amity S.’s Avatar
Amity S. May 05 119 views

Which type of lawyer helps more people Prosecutors or DAs?

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time, the reason I want to become a lawyer is to help people, I don't know which one would help the most people and I know it is alot of schooling for either of these but I am willing to do it as long as I am able to help thouhs who need it.

Amity S.’s Avatar
Amity S. May 05 89 views

What are the best colleges for Pre-Law?

I am a sophmore in high school and I want to become a lawyer but so far I cannot find a whole lot of colleges that offer pre law courses. I haven't decided if I want to more in the way of being a Prosecutor or a D.A. I would really appreciate any of the help you coud offer.

Rachel S.’s Avatar
Rachel S. Apr 14 154 views

Laws related to business outside?the USA

What is the best thing to study in Business law or things you wish you had studied before graduating? I'm starting my second business law class in a little while. I found landlord laws to be super difficult.

Addie D.’s Avatar
Addie D. Mar 11 105 views

How can I decide between becoming a defense lawyer or the prosecution.

I don't know how to decide between defense and prosecution, what are some push/pulls or pros/cons?

Addie D.’s Avatar
Addie D. Mar 11 109 views

Can being a JAG lawyer be a lifelong career or is it a good idea to switch to a civilian job after an amount of time?

I am considering becoming a JAG lawyer but I'm not sure if I should use it to gain experience and then leave the military for a law firm or if it is kind of a choice as you go thing.

Demajay C.’s Avatar
Demajay C. Mar 09 141 views

Ho hard is it to get to law school

my name is De'majay Campbell and I'm 16 years old. the reason why I chose this field is that I know people around me that I love that's getting wrongly convicted for stuff that they did do so I want to get justice for those people that get injustice #law #law-school #attorney #law-enforcement...

Auni M.’s Avatar
Auni M. Mar 03 133 views

Are there any Jobs that include law that doesn't cause someone to be easily burned out?

i have a tendency to overwork myself in almost everything i do, and despite seeing how demanding most law jobs are, i am very interested in it. However, i know how hard it can get to regain momentum after a sudden burn out. #law #job

Karla Q.’s Avatar
Karla Q. Mar 02 94 views

What specialty should I study for the career of Lawyer?

I would like to be involved in the business of lawyers to the defend Companies or some type of business, when they find themselves in a difficult situation and require help.
#community-management
#business
#law

Addie D.’s Avatar
Addie D. Feb 08 166 views

Does a military lawyer/attorney do different tasks compared to regular ones?

I am thinking I could become a lawyer/attorney through the military and I'm just wondering how different it is from just being a regular lawyer/attorney?
#lawyer #law #military # #college #attorney

Addie D.’s Avatar
Addie D. Feb 07 126 views

What are the best colleges in or around Minnesota that have good law degree programs?

I am thinking about becoming a lawyer or attorney in the future and I don't know what colleges would be good for that. #law-school #lawyer #law #college

Andy C.’s Avatar
Andy C. Feb 04 149 views
Charles G.’s Avatar
Charles G. Jan 17 246 views

Engineering vs. Law - After being a web developer for 10 years

Hi! I've been a web developer for about 10 years. I am 31 and had left school before graduating after studying at university for about a year. I am now reconsidering my options and I am wondering if maybe I would like to take a different path. My two options are: software engineering and...

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Dec 16, 2021 234 views

I want to be a law enforcement officer when I'm older. I'm going to graduate high school soon and want to go straight to a 4 year college. To become a police officer, what mindset should I have when reaching for this goal?

I'm a good listener in general. I am producted every day, learning new things and smart enough to know when I'm wrong. My passion is helping people and listening to them and understanding them. #law

jaquan J.’s Avatar
jaquan J. Dec 14, 2021 184 views

What do you like most about this career?

I will like to know more about the positive side of this career #police #law #law-enforcement

Zaria T.’s Avatar
Zaria T. Dec 01, 2021 359 views

Why are you a Police Officer or Detective?

I am am 23 year old female with a background in Security and I am interested in perusing a career as a law enforcement. I desire to serve and help others also to inspire people to change. I enjoy problem solving and creative thinking. #law-enforcement #police-officer #criminal-justice...

Sid R.’s Avatar
Sid R. Dec 01, 2021 185 views

What can help you get into the right direction for your career path?

I'm wondering on what can help in the direction to a career of law #law #career-choice ?

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Dec 01, 2021 252 views

3.What job tools should I relate to?

I would like to know which tools are necessary for this type of work and how often the tool is updated.
#law #work #career #police #investigate

Mia B.’s Avatar
Mia B. Nov 22, 2021 141 views

how do you become a recommended lawyer?

I see that there is lawyers that get recognized more then others an i was wondering why an how did they become the lawyer everybody wants #law #law #criminal-justice

Auni M.’s Avatar
Auni M. Nov 20, 2021 215 views

What is it like being an estate planning lawyer/constituional lawyer/civil litigation lawyer?

I am currently trying to figure out what course to take for University in the near future. However, I am still indecisive about it, but I have been leaning towards Law (particularly, in civil litigation, constitutional and estate planning law) for some time now but, I am still hesitant about...

Saudah J.’s Avatar
Saudah J. Nov 18, 2021 181 views

How can I progress in the legal services industry?

I have a bachelors degree in psychology #psychology #law

Heather C.’s Avatar
Heather C. Nov 12, 2021 184 views

If I wanted to be a lawyer and professional orchestral musician, what are some schools I should look at and how should I go about that with the college process?

I’m a junior in high school that plays classical cello and wants to pursue law. I want to double-major in music performance and either a major that’ll help me with law or doing a pre-law program. I want to look outside of conservatory-ivy league partnerships. #music #law #lawyer #college...

Patricia E.’s Avatar
Patricia E. Nov 08, 2021 166 views

Do I have to study law to become a detective?

I'm independent, very easy to talk to, hard headed but warm hearted but also tough and my "dad's" side of the family works for the government in the Philippines. #career #law #detective

Ashanti B.’s Avatar
Ashanti B. Nov 07, 2021 241 views

How did you decide which career to pursue when you have so many interests?

I’m a 25 year old woman that has too many interests to count. I’m currently a science major, but I constantly doubt if that’s what I want my degree in. I’m interested in pursuing vet school, law, and I’ll be starting a coding boot camp in December! #career-choice #forensic #veterinarian #law #tech