Career Questions tagged Law

The law is a set of rules for society to follow. The most common career in law is a lawyer, but other examples include law enforcement, tax adviser, and judges....

Rashmi M.’s Avatar
Rashmi M. Apr 19 50 views

International student opportunities with criminology and criminal justice major.

Hi. I'm currently pursuing my second masters in criminology and criminal justice. I am a F1 student and on graduation would need visa sponsorship. I finished my first masters in US, majoring in business management and undergrad in information science and engg in India. I'm looking to seek...

#criminaljustice #students #lawenforcement #criminology #f1student #law #justice

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Mar 03 164 views

Tips for choosing between law and psychology careers

Hi, my name is Abby! I am a junior in high school and have to start thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life making money (fun!) and would really appreciate some help. Some of the paths I am considering are psychology because I love the psych classes I have taken, and law because...

#money #psychologist #industrialpsychology #exams #iopsychology #corporatelaw #inhousecounsel #law #team #politics #psychology #generalcounsel #lawyer #organizationalpsychology #law-school #humanresources #politicalscience #forensicpsychology

Samira M.’s Avatar
Samira M. Feb 26 149 views

Everyone says I have so much potential to do serious jobs (e.g lawyer) so I need help from you.

As I am always top of class and like learning new things, my family says I’d be good for serious jobs like being a lawyer that will get me lots of money. I agree with them as top paid jobs are in this field. But at the same time, I want to be a dancer, actress and a model for my passions ....

#confused #money #business #everyone #life #career #law

Jozlyn Johnson J.’s Avatar
Jozlyn Johnson J. Feb 08 406 views

What are some requirements to become a lawyer?

I am 17 going on 18 but i want to be a lawyer when i grow up. I watch a whole lot of criminal injustice television shows for example;Law and Order,Criminal Minds, and NCIS. Those are like my top three television shows that i adore if i could i would watch them all day long. y mom tells me that...

#lawyers #law

Joselyn R.’s Avatar
Joselyn R. Jan 16 155 views

What kind of law did you study/are you practicing, and why?

I am in my junior year of college and will be applying to law schools next year. I have no idea what law I want to do and I am concerned because I know I should at least narrow it down so that I can choose the law school that best matches me. #law #legal #lawyer #attorney #law-school #lawyers...

Faraz S.’s Avatar
Faraz S. Jan 15 149 views

After completing my Law graduation, What are my future career options with high potential yields ?

I recently got my graduation degree from my college on completing 5 Year Law course and I am currently pursuing Law Masters Degree with Business Law as my specialization. I have numerous internship experiences including District court, High court, and Canara HSBC Headquarters Gurgaon. I have...

#advice #law-enforcement #help #law #counselling #guidance #career-paths #career

Sailor A.’s Avatar
Sailor A. Jan 03 75 views

What are other job options in the field of criminal justice besides police work?

I would like to be a lawyer, however I do not know if I want to continue school after my undergraduate. Therefore, I want to still have a job that involves criminal justice but I do not want to be a police officer....

#law

Izbella H.’s Avatar
Izbella H. Oct 27, 2020 130 views

What are the best colleges to go to in California?

As someone who is considered a minority in a lot of communities I strive to not make that so and fight for equality in society as well as in workplaces, because of this I want to become a human rights lawyer. Currently I am a junior in highschool but I'm unaware of which college I should strive...

#college #humanrights #law

Marialexa G.’s Avatar
Marialexa G. Sep 10, 2020 198 views

Hi, I just wanted to know how it is to be a lawyer? When studying and once you've already graduated. How is the whole experience?

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a lawyer since I want to help people get the justice they deserve. I can be very disciplined and dedicated if I actually want to do something and I wanted to know how it would be to actually be a lawyer, and if it would be the right choice. #lawyers...

#lawyer #attorney #law #career

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02, 2020 594 views

What does the BAU actually do?

Okay- I admit I've been watching a little too much criminal Minds- but I was wondering what they actually do. I find interesting- "profiles." I think that it's a great tool to really get into a criminal's minds- no pun intended. I've watched my fair share of law enforcement tv shows- and they...

#law-enforcement #lawyers #law #enforcement #business #bau #criminal-justice #criminalminds #corporate-law #newyork #fbi

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01, 2020 531 views

Is becoming a lawyer worth it?

I'm thinking about becoming an environmental lawyer, but I've heard law school is draining both financially and emotionally. Was it worth the effort put in? Are some types of law more fulfilling than others? Do you regret becoming a lawyer? Is there anything you would do differently? #lawyer...

#environment #lawyers #law #environmental-law #law-school #attorney #july20

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30, 2020 350 views

Networking virtually?

What are some tips for networking with potential employers when everything is online? #july20 #law #covid19 #virtual #legal...

#july

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02, 2020 395 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#psychology #criminal-justice #career #forensic-psychology #criminal-profiler #law #fbi

Nino K.’s Avatar
Nino K. Jun 08, 2020 260 views

Can I become a barrister/solicitor with criminology degree?

I studied Access to Higher Education Diploma in Law, then I went to university and started studying Criminology which I am not enjoying as much as I enjoyed studying law. my question here is if I should start studying law from year 1, which would mean that I have to restart and waste £18 000 or...

#lawyer #barrister #criminologydegree #criminology #law #lawdegree

Anisa D.’s Avatar
Anisa D. Apr 07, 2020 619 views

I want to work in the BAU but I need some guidance

So, I've tried to look up tons of stuff about the different unit, descriptions of stuff they do, etc. I can't seem to find the answers to a lot of my questions though. Fair warning, there are a lot. So to start, which unit deals with the most cases? Which unit deals with the serial killers,...

#bau #psychology #criminal-justice #law-enforcement #law #fbi

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08, 2020 293 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#lawyer #college #film #law #director #cinema #movie #law-school #producer

Hannah G.’s Avatar
Hannah G. Feb 28, 2020 176 views

Is there one route that is better than another to get into law school?

I am super curious about multiple "potential careers", one of them being law. I am starting university in the fall of 2020, and am wondering if there is particular undergraduate degrees that are more effective when entering a law program. #law-school #law #college #lawyer #...

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08, 2020 1188 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#acting #lawyer #art #advice #college #drama #civilrightslawyer #passion #stories #law #author #dancing #writing

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Jan 30, 2020 212 views

What is it like to be a Lawyer?

I have been wondering since I was five? #law #criminal-justice...

#lawyer

ketshepaone M.’s Avatar
ketshepaone M. Jan 17, 2020 2840 views

Can i become a lawyer with a Criminology Degree

i am currently studying towards my Criminology degree and along my studies i discovered that i want to be a lawyer (Criminal Defense Lawyer) now my question is will i be able to become a lawyer with this degree or do i have to enroll again with a Law school and start an LLB degree? #lawyer...

#criminal-justice #attorney #law

Adriana Z.’s Avatar
Adriana Z. Oct 25, 2019 219 views
Cassidy H.’s Avatar
Cassidy H. Oct 04, 2019 371 views

What was the most difficult aspect of law school or becoming a lawyer?

I am a high school senior looking to become a lawyer, and would like some more advice or information about what I should expect. #lawyer #college #law...

#law-school