Career Questions tagged Law

The law is a set of rules for society to follow. The most common career in law is a lawyer, but other examples include law enforcement, tax adviser, and judges....

Nakaia M.’s Avatar
Nakaia M. Jul 10 29 views

What are the biggest challenges of being a lawyer?

I want to pursue law to become a defense attorney so getting insight of how it really is from someone who practices it would be amazing! #law #criminal-justice...

#attorney

Eva T.’s Avatar
Eva T. Jul 08 61 views

Professional jobs that don't involve spending all day on the computer

I'm a political science college grad with experience working in the courts system, legal support, and criminal justice policy. I've realized that I don't like spending all day on the computer, and most of the professional jobs that I've had involve a lot of solo computer work. This last...

#investigations #law #teaching #criminology #criminal-justice #higher-education

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02 46 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#law #psychology #fbi #criminal-justice #criminal-profiler #career #forensic-psychology

Keerthana P.’s Avatar
Keerthana P. Jun 21 135 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 132 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #law #psychology #social-justice #criminal-justice #lawyer #political-science

Nino K.’s Avatar
Nino K. Jun 08 59 views

Can I become a barrister/solicitor with criminology degree?

I studied Access to Higher Education Diploma in Law, then I went to university and started studying Criminology which I am not enjoying as much as I enjoyed studying law. my question here is if I should start studying law from year 1, which would mean that I have to restart and waste £18 000 or...

#law #lawdegree #barrister #criminology #lawyer #criminologydegree

Justin L.’s Avatar
Justin L. Jun 06 138 views

Advice for 1L online law student?

I’m a 30 year old married to a 28yr old. I’m about to start online law school and am seeking advice on passing the baby bar, as well as, general advice being a law student and passing the bar exam. Theirs a ton of advice on google but would love to hear from personal experiences. I also work...

#law #college #law-school #job #lawyer

Justin L.’s Avatar
Justin L. Jun 06 84 views

Advice for 1L online law student?

#law #college #law-school #job #lawyer

Kasuba K.’s Avatar
Kasuba K. Jun 02 129 views

How do I get opportunities to work with more serious organizations and have more serious positions rather than volunteer or internship positions? How can I ensure I stand out?

I am a female in my early 20’s. I have an undergrad bachelors in Finance. However, along the way during my undergrad studies, my interests changed and I felt a deep and personal connection to non-profits and working to promote gender equality and helping young African girls access education....

#law #career

Michelle A.’s Avatar
Michelle A. Jun 01 93 views

What should I do during my high school years to help me get into law school?

As soon as I graduate my dream has always been to go into law. More specifically, to become an immigration lawyer. To go more in depth of what I'm asking is what activities or certain things will look in my resume when applying to a university? #law #lawyer #graduate-school #law-school...

#law-practice

Franklin N.’s Avatar
Franklin N. May 27 105 views
Mariam K.’s Avatar
Mariam K. May 27 111 views

I'd like to know more about jobs in the legal field

I'm a second year law student in a french university. I'd like to pursue a career in law but I am wondering about the work/life balance #attorney #law #law-school...

#lawyer

Madalyn L.’s Avatar
Madalyn L. May 24 118 views

Where is the best place to study to be a lawyer?

One of the careers I'm considering is being a lawyer or attorney. #college-major #laywer #criminal-justice #attorney...

#law

Jorden C.’s Avatar
Jorden C. May 18 96 views
Franklin N.’s Avatar
Franklin N. May 17 87 views
Prerna D.’s Avatar
Prerna D. May 16 108 views

How to apply for the volunteering programme?

I am a 3rd year law student of an integrated 5 years law course which I am pursuing from an esteemed university in India. I wish to apply for the volunteering program, so how can i apply for it and what is the volunteer required to do. #law #volunteer #lawyer #graduate-school...

HX J.’s Avatar
HX J. May 14 99 views

I want to become an actress and a barrister, but don't quite know how to pursue both careers at the same time and what to do to succeed in both fields.

I live in the UK and am aspiring to be an actress, which has been a dream of mine since i was younger all while becoming a barrister (which has been my parents' dream that i want to fulfil for them) Im currently 15, turning 16 and really don't know what to do. I've taken up many school...

#law #actor #barrister #college #acting #drama #theatre

Carolina C.’s Avatar
Carolina C. May 13 96 views

Does law school do a good job in showing a little bit of each field?

I would love to be a medical lawyer but I want to know if law school would explain to me a little more about what the field entails. #law #lawyer...

#attorney

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 198 views

How do I decide what law to practice?

It's a tough decision....

#law

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12 113 views