Career Questions tagged Law

The law is a set of rules for society to follow. The most common career in law is a lawyer, but other examples include law enforcement, tax adviser, and judges....

Marialexa G.’s Avatar
Marialexa G. Sep 10 81 views

Hi, I just wanted to know how it is to be a lawyer? When studying and once you've already graduated. How is the whole experience?

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a lawyer since I want to help people get the justice they deserve. I can be very disciplined and dedicated if I actually want to do something and I wanted to know how it would be to actually be a lawyer, and if it would be the right choice. #lawyers...

#attorney #law #lawyer #career

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Sep 09 109 views

Should I become a lawyer and how do I do it?

I am in the eleventh grade and I have always wanted to become a lawyer. My aunt is one and we always talk about how interesting it is. I have done some research and I think I want to work as a legal counsel for corporate or as a public defender, leaning more towards legal counsel due to the...

#law-school #associate-lawyer #criminology #school #law #lawyer #inhousecounsel #politicalscience #corporatelawyer #generalcounsel #corporate-lawyer #lawyers

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 09 100 views

What are those unheard law specializations?

Everyone knows of the injury and insurance lawyer, the real estate lawyers, and defense attorneys. However, what are those lawyers that we barely hear of, but are still have an interesting role. I know there are dozens of specializations in law, but what are some of the unheard ones. Would like...

#attorney #law #lawyer

Kenny B.’s Avatar
Kenny B. Sep 09 72 views

What steps does one take to become a court justice?

I have looked all around online, but have not found a specific answer. What are some important and crucial steps when wanting to become a court justice is a dream job? #law #judge...

#lawyers

Claire G.’s Avatar
Claire G. Aug 15 86 views

Hi! I am seeking advice on how to get an internship in the law field, preferably at a law firm or something of that kind?

I am a junior in high school from New Jersey, I am interested in pursuing a career in the legal field. I do Forensics at my school, which is a big commitment, so I am hoping for an internship that is flexible with a high school schedule. Anything helps, and thank you! #internships #law...

#internship #political-science

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 06 86 views

In the FBI, could I choose my partner?

Me and my friend both really want to become FBI agents- We work well together. Any chance we could work together? #work #fbi #friends #newyorkcity...

#law

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Jul 30 205 views

What should my dream career be?

Hello there! I'm a student and i'm a little all over the place when it comes to my dream career. I know what I'm good at- I just don't what job I could use most of my skills in. When watching TV shows, I end up wanting to be the job in that TV show. But- not all of them made me feel that way....

#general #job #college #jobs #law #first-job #career #job-search #fbi

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02 123 views

Should I wait a year to apply to FBI acadmey?

Me and My friend are a year apart- and we want to be in the FBI together, as partners. So will able to team up with her? Another thing is- Should I wait a year to apply, or apply before her to get better chances we both get in. #military #college #fbi #newyork #law #nyc #lawyers...

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02 97 views

What job in the FBI would have a lot of leadership- that's similar to being a CEO?

I really like to know what jobs are like CEO or have a lot of leadership in the FBI- I work better and teams, and even better when I can take charge with the help of others. #career #ceo #business #fbi #law #management...

#helping-others

oriana O.’s Avatar
oriana O. Aug 02 125 views

What does the BAU actually do?

Okay- I admit I've been watching a little too much criminal Minds- but I was wondering what they actually do. I find interesting- "profiles." I think that it's a great tool to really get into a criminal's minds- no pun intended. I've watched my fair share of law enforcement tv shows- and they...

#corporate-law #bau #criminal-justice #law #enforcement #business #criminalminds #newyork #law-enforcement #fbi #lawyers

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 114 views

Is becoming a lawyer worth it?

I'm thinking about becoming an environmental lawyer, but I've heard law school is draining both financially and emotionally. Was it worth the effort put in? Are some types of law more fulfilling than others? Do you regret becoming a lawyer? Is there anything you would do differently? #lawyer...

#law-school #environmental-law #law #environment #july20 #attorney #lawyers

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 68 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#writing #science #law #environment #july20 #english #environmental-science #environmental-law #sustainability #lawyers

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30 114 views

Networking virtually?

What are some tips for networking with potential employers when everything is online? #july20 #law #covid19 #virtual #legal...

#july

olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 27 144 views

What is the best thing a sophomore in high school can do to start preparing for college?

I’m going into my second year of high school and want to make sure I do everything I can to have a solid application for colleges. I have a 4.3, I do service every week, I am also a dancer and run cross country. What would you recommend? #high-school #college #sophmore #schools...

#law-school #law #july2020 #high-school-students #advice #july20 #july #experience

olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 26 118 views

What category of volunteer work is best for someone who is interested in studying law?

Volunteering is really important to me, before COVID I was volunteering every week through an organization for children and families facing magical challenges. I am still doing projects and teaching through Zoom with them but I am also really interested in adding another volunteer opportunity...

#volunteer #students #law #covid #career #volunteering #student #lawyers

olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 26 92 views

What year is best to be an exchange student for someone studying to be a lawyer?

I’m going into my sophomore year of high school and have plans to go into law. It is also really important to me to be an exchange student, preferably in a country with a native language other than English. I think it is important for someone who hopes to practice law to be able to experience...

#colleges #college #exchange-student #students #law #lawyer #july2020 #study #july20 #student #july #lawyers

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26 98 views

What careers does a law degree unlock?

Other than practice (solicitor or barrister or in-house) and consulting, what other career paths are commonly taken by law graduates? #july20 #law #legal...

#career

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 16 125 views

Why did you go into law?

What do you find to be rewarding?...

#law

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 10 78 views
Nakaia M.’s Avatar
Nakaia M. Jul 10 66 views

What are the biggest challenges of being a lawyer?

I want to pursue law to become a defense attorney so getting insight of how it really is from someone who practices it would be amazing! #law #criminal-justice...

#attorney