Career Questions tagged July20

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 60 views

How close is Brooklyn-99 to the real NYPD?

Ok, dumb question, but is Brooklyn-99 anything similar to actually being on the NYPD? I love the show and it's made me consider joining the NYPD but I know it's fiction and probably unrealistic. One of the best parts about the show is its representation and diversity, but is the NYPD force...

#cop #july20 #nypd #cops #criminal-justice #police #nyc #new-york

Lashea H.’s Avatar
Lashea H. Jul 30 48 views

When choosing a masters program for psychology, what aspect of the program should I focus on to help me decide if its a good fit?

I've been looking into a couple of graduate schools for my particular field and I've come across a lot of great ones, but need help narrowing down my search. #july20...

#psychology

Iqra T.’s Avatar
Iqra T. Apr 18 555 views

Is there anything you regret not doing in high school/college?

Why didn't you do it and is it something you would recommend others do? #college-advice #college #highschool #highschool-advice...

#july20

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 52 views

Is becoming a lawyer worth it?

I'm thinking about becoming an environmental lawyer, but I've heard law school is draining both financially and emotionally. Was it worth the effort put in? Are some types of law more fulfilling than others? Do you regret becoming a lawyer? Is there anything you would do differently? #lawyer...

#july20 #law-school #lawyers #attorney #environment #law #environmental-law

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 33 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#july20 #english #lawyers #writing #sustainability #science #environment #law #environmental-science #environmental-law

Dhruv P.’s Avatar
Dhruv P. Aug 01 38 views

How will the creation of the Superstring theory affect our thoughts about dimensional capabilities and travel?

Dimensional travel is known as a phenomenon but I believe that it is possible. Scientists have recently proven the existence of different dimensions, so travel must be feasible. My question is, how will the creation of the Superstring theory affect our thoughts about dimensional capabilities...

#education #july20

Dhruv P.’s Avatar
Dhruv P. Aug 01 54 views

How will my involvement in the program effect my learning throughout college?

I am a dual enrollment student who is on the verge of graduation. My involvement in the program started in the summer of 9th grade. I have been in the program for over two years, and my question is how will my involvement in the program effect my learning throughout college? Will I receive an...

#education #july20 #july2020

Dhruv P.’s Avatar
Dhruv P. Aug 01 59 views

How am I going to use my degree to help and change this world?

I am a graduate of the class of 2022, but I completed my high school requirements in 9th grade. I started dual enrollment in summer of transfering to 10th grade and I plan on graduating high school in December 2020. When I was doing dual enrollment classes, I always wondered about the classes...

#education #july20

Monica C.’s Avatar
Monica C. Aug 01 46 views

Stuck between pursuing Content Creation and Entrepreneurship

At the heart of it, I want to pursue a career that can make a positive difference in other people's lives. One of my core values is flexibility, so I've been strongly advised against entrepreneurship but I've latched onto this identity so long it's hard to shed it off. Should I focus singularly...

#blogging #career #july20 #entrepreneurship

Monica C.’s Avatar
Monica C. Aug 01 51 views

Best websites for blogging as major source of income?

Specifically, blogging about personal experiences that can uplift and inspire others to make a difference in their own lives as well as others'. Was recommended IG, Medium, LinkedIn, Wordpress, but I'm open to other platforms! Thank you :) #july20 #blogging...

#career

Bao-Truc T.’s Avatar
Bao-Truc T. Aug 01 145 views

How can I manage my finances in college?

I don't have any financial knowledge on how I should be handling my money in college and I am not able to rely on my parents or ask them for help on such things. #july20 #collegestudent #finances...

#help

Bao-Truc T.’s Avatar
Bao-Truc T. Aug 01 113 views

What are your best study habit tips to give for future college students?

I struggle with staying focused and getting my assignments done for school. Not only that, but I also get easily distracted and end up eating and going on my phone for many hours instead of doing my homework. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me tips on what YOU do to study and on...

#studyhabits #college #july20 #socialmedia

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 84 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#undergraduate #colleges #schools #school #college #degree #scholarship #graduate #graduate-school #universities #future #degrees #july20 #college-advice #university #advice #higher-education #education #experiences #masters-degree #graduates #july #undergraduates #graduate-schools #experience

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 93 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

#college #career-advice #college-student #career-options #scholarship #career-switch #career #future #july20 #advice #career-change #july #graduation #career-changes #career-counseling #career-switches #careers

Itzel D.’s Avatar
Itzel D. Jul 31 44 views
Yulisa G.’s Avatar
Yulisa G. Jul 31 30 views

What jobs offer computer science in Texas?

I was wondering what jobs will there be once I am done with college. I was hoping something big like apple for example....

#july20

Itzel D.’s Avatar
Itzel D. Jul 31 54 views

St. Edward's University vs Middlebury College. Which should I choose?

I'm a first generation college, low income WOC, and I've struggled a lot in college in general due to my mental health. I have the opportunity to go back to Middlebury College and finish my degree in Neuroscience. However, I was also recently admitted to St. Edward's University as a Behavioral...

#college #education #medicine #july20

Aldair L.’s Avatar
Aldair L. Jul 31 69 views

How much time should I realistically spend studying in college?

Im going into college next year (2021) and right now during high school I don't spend a large amount of time studying. I wanted to know so I could start changing my habits during my last year of Highschool. #general #july20...

#studying

Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 31 78 views

Do I need a license to work in the Insurance field?

I am currently in my second-year of post-secondary in the insurance field. However, I am not too sure if I need some sort of license after I graduate or if a bachelor's degree is good enough. In addition, if I do need a license, can I just do the license while I am still in school? Or do I have...

#july20 #underwriting #claims #riskmanagement #broker #canada #insurance

Jenny N.’s Avatar
Jenny N. Jul 31 62 views

What can I expect in the Insurance field? (underwriting, claims, etc)

I am currently in an insurance program in my post-secondary school however, I am not that exposed to it. The main courses for the program don't begin until my third year and I do not know what I am really getting myself in to. I was wondering if any of you could explain the different roles in...

#july20 #underwriting #claims #broker #insurance

Carmilia M.’s Avatar
Carmilia M. Jul 31 21 views

Can you choose what field in nursing you want to work in?

Let's say I want to work in Labor & Delivery as soon as I pass the NCLEX and would start looking at nursing job openings. Can I choose Labor & Delivery or would I be assigned?...

#july20

Shelana B.’s Avatar
Shelana B. Jul 28 54 views

Should I apply for med school this cycle?

I redid the MCAT during this COVID pandemic setting and I got the same score that I did before. Should I still apply during this cycle or is it better to apply at a later cycle and redo the MCAT? #july20 #med-school...

#mcat

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Jul 31 60 views
Samsuzzoha Z.’s Avatar
Samsuzzoha Z. Jul 31 22 views

How can I be a entrepreneur by programming and business marketing skills?

Last few months, I thought about it but didn’t got any best idea. Though, I am a student now, but I wanna do something by improving those skills. #july20 #lecturer...

#experts

Samsuzzoha Z.’s Avatar
Samsuzzoha Z. Jul 31 25 views

What should I do to increase extra thinking power & enlarge my leadership skills?

I have came to know something about few top universities of canada, sometimes they requires Leadership skills, extra thinking power for giving scholarships to study in their universities. So that, I want to study abroad & also make a improvement on this skills. #july20 #experts #professors...

#business

Taylor K.’s Avatar
Taylor K. Jul 31 45 views

How Do I Get Scholarships for College?

I am currently not receiving any financial aid for my college tuition. Are there specific websites that I can go on to apply for scholarships? I have a great GPA and am studying marketing. #scholarships...

#july20

Taylor K.’s Avatar
Taylor K. Jul 31 74 views

What Careers Can You Have With A Bachelors Degree in Marketing?

Hello! I am a transfer student currently transferring to West Chester in the fall. All online though :( I will be studying marketing and am wondering what types of jobs I could thrive in as a marketing student. #marketing...

#july20

Janki P.’s Avatar
Janki P. Jul 31 61 views

What are some great and important things to remember before applying for an Aerospace Engineering job?

My dream is to become an Aerospace Engineer because planes amazes me every single time. Everytime I see a plane, I wonder how it could lift off when it has 200 or 300 passengers, how it can travel for up to 24 hours without stopping, and etc. I been on planes multiple times and every time I go...

#airline-industry #july20 #engineer #july2020 #aerospace #motivation

Janki P.’s Avatar
Janki P. Jul 31 53 views

How is this world going to look like in the future?

As many know phones, laptops, iPads, apps, and other technologies have changed the present and past, but what are some technologies that may change lives in the future? #july20 #july2020 #motivation #july20 #techonogy...

#future

Janki P.’s Avatar
Janki P. Jul 31 33 views

What is that one thing that will change my life forever and make me a billionaire, so I can help people in need?

I am a third year engineering student who wants to pursue a lot in life. I want to become an Aerospace Engineer, I want to go around the world and help people, I want to build things that will benefit everyone everyday, and etc. #july20 #july20 #july20...

#student