Career Questions tagged Career Change

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01, 2020 296 views

What are some options for someone who might drop out of college and who would like to become a teacher?

Asking on behalf of a friend who might need to take some time off due to mental health challenges <3 college career-change college-drop-out teaching education...

mental-health

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31, 2020 545 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

career-switches college-student future career-changes college advice july career-advice graduation career-switch career july20 career-options career-change career-counseling careers scholarship

Danni G.’s Avatar
Danni G. Apr 12, 2018 670 views

Would someone graduating at 40 with their first degree in civil engineering have a chance in the workforce?

Is it sensible or feasible (or how does the outlook seem in general) to get one's first degree at 40 as a civil engineer? (Entering college at 35, graduating at 40) Would potential employers be biased against an "old" newbie, making it impossible to pay off school debt at such a late date...

engineering adult-education career-change civil-engineering

Sarah T.’s Avatar
Sarah T. Jan 17, 2018 454 views

How do I find internships (eventually a career) in a different city?

I’ve live in Southern California my entire life and I really want to move to another city after I graduate, but I’ll need a job. What are some tips on getting an internship/career in a city that’s farther away? internship...

career-change

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 500 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

biotechnology biomed engineering-industry career-change biomedical-engineering career-plan electrical-engineering engineering first-job

Kaitlin C.’s Avatar
Kaitlin C. Jan 15, 2018 455 views

What happens if you graduate with your degree and find out that the career you thought you wanted is not for you?

I recently visited and old roommate of mine who graduated last year. She just began her first teaching job at an elementary school and hates everything about it. It made me start to worry that I may graduate next year and go into a career and hate what I do and that the 4 years I spent getting...

career career-plan ptsd psychology career-change

Mathew M.’s Avatar
Mathew M. Aug 26, 2017 818 views

I have a challenge for you today. What are...?

What are the real life job equivalences to jobs like in the movie TheTransporter(2002), Drive(2011)? If you haven't seen the movies here's a quick summary of their jobs: - TheTransporter: Main character delivers packages from point A to point B for the mob. He works by a strict set of rules he...

career job-search career-path career-change career-counseling jobs job-coaching job-market career-development career-plan job career-planning careers career-choice first-job

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 16, 2017 972 views

How to make connections on LinkedIn?

I am new to LinkedIn and am wondering who I should add as a connection? I also am transitioning into a different career section, hopefully the non-profit, human service, or social service sector and am not sure if I should add old employees/supervisors from the insurance industry. networking...

linkedin-recruiter career-change social-networking linkedin

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 16, 2017 1031 views

What should I put on LinkedIn when I am an unemployed student looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services?

Should I list that I am a student who is looking for job opportunities and looking to transition into the non-profit, human service, or social service sector from financial services in my headline? Should I mention the career which I aspire to have? In the experience section should I list my...

linkedin-recruiter job-search-strategies job-search career-path career-change career-counseling linkedin

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Jan 25, 2017 1754 views

If you could start over again, would you change your career?

I am just curious to see how many people are happy with their career choices and how many would change them! Thanks! business career teaching healthcare law career-choice career-path...

career-change

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Dec 26, 2016 825 views

When choosing what you want to do, is a stable income more important than chasing after what you actually want to do?

All my life, I was constantly encouraged to follow the path of becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon. I never felt queasy at the sight of blood, I find the heart to be the most interesting organ in the body, and I even would watch surgery videos on YouTube from Mayo Clinic. Although this may have...

medicine career travel job-search-strategies career-path career-change career-counseling career-choice

Dominique O.’s Avatar
Dominique O. Oct 30, 2016 693 views

Could I switch between two professions/jobs?

I was thinking of double majoring in nutrition and music, because I love both subjects so much and want to have both in my life. Would it be possible to switch between the two if one career path does not work out? I want to audition for a music company and be a trainee, but that would require a...

career music-industry career-path career-change nutrition music career-choice double-major

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. May 30, 2016 788 views

Degree in biology... art/environment/science?

Hello, I graduated last year with a degree in biology in Florida... I've been pre-dental since 2010. I applied last cycle with a GPA of 3.4 and a DAT score of 17. I'm aware my DAT score isn't the best, and considering how competitive the dental career is becoming, I don't expect that to be...

advisor conservation-biology science environmental career-change sustainable-design sustainability

Stephanie N.’s Avatar
Stephanie N. May 28, 2016 782 views

What would you recommend to make the transition from college to career easier?

It's hard to know what will help you get a real world job and experience and things to help get you hired. The only advise I have gotten so far is internships but is that the only thing? career career-change...

career-plan

Micaela M.’s Avatar
Micaela M. May 26, 2016 742 views

How do you think that your first year of college changed you?

Being a junior in college I have seen so much growth mentally. I feel as though I am a whole new person after the experiences I have had or have been put through. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever felt that they too have changed at all, and in what ways? college education...

career-change lifestyle news questionnaires grades new-media

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. May 26, 2016 841 views

Is it possible to pursue a career in teaching, and then later in life, a career in nursing?

I'm the kind of person that wants to save the world in a thousand different ways - which makes picking a career exceptionally difficult. I don't know if I could ever pick just one career for the rest of my life. So I've considered becoming a teacher for several years (as in, more than a...

career teaching college career-change nurse

Aylin N.’s Avatar
Aylin N. May 26, 2016 1257 views

Is it normal to change your career path when youre already halfway through college?

I have an idea of what i want to do in the future but i dont know what im going to do if i change my mind halfway through college college career-choice career-path major career-change...

career-plan

Celestin H.’s Avatar
Celestin H. May 20, 2016 3800 views

Best way to enter the entertainment industry on the business side

Hi everyone, I am currently a junior in college, and my professional future seems to be directed towards advertising. After an internship in marketing in general, I am interning this summer in an ad agency, on the data analysis side. Yet, my dream is to work in the entertainment industry, on...

advertising digital-advertising marketing career-change entertainment entertainment-marketing entertainment-industry

ahilandeswari B.’s Avatar
ahilandeswari B. May 19, 2016 639 views

how to choose a good carrier?

i hav to choose a good carrier which will help me to move forward ....and to select a good collage ... education money career-change...

3d-modeling

Anders L.’s Avatar
Anders L. May 19, 2016 1527 views

What are some good backup careers in the case that I'm not accepted into medical school after the 1st or 2nd try?

I haven't always been the best student academically and have heard it's a good idea to have a backup for medical school. I am most interested in Neurology/Neuroimaging but any other suggestions are welcomed. career medicine career-paths medicine-school careers neurology career-change...

medicine-imaging

Hailey C.’s Avatar
Hailey C. May 16, 2016 868 views

Lets say you finish college and loved learning about what your career would be like and you loved everywhere you interned, but what do you do if you start your career and you hate it?

I am about to be a sophomore in college and currently I'm loving everything I have learned about the career I want. I have not interned yet but I am just curious what someone would do if they finish all their schooling and then get to their career and don't like it. I want to know how they...

working career-path career-paths career-change

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. May 08, 2016 696 views

How important is it that I get my degree in what I want my career to be in?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at CareerVillage. I was personally wondering how important it was that your degree was related to the job you are applying for. Do certain jobs not care what major you graduated with? Do certain jobs care a lot? college...

career-change college-major

Deborah S.’s Avatar
Deborah S. May 04, 2016 1254 views

What kind of major gives me the most career opportunities?

I know what I want to study but I also know that it can change. What are some good alternatives to study if I don't like my major? business career college-major career-paths major career-change business-idea...

business-law

lingeshwar G.’s Avatar
lingeshwar G. Apr 15, 2016 585 views

How rapidly do a person move to the next level in this career?

How to improve to career to one level to another level job career-change...

work-life

Rishabh K.’s Avatar
Rishabh K. Aug 13, 2015 1417 views

Should I continue doing what I was doing or is it time to make a change?

I have been working in Sales for approx. 2 years now and have another job lined up in the same field. However it pays less than my previous job which I quit due to bad judgement. Now that I have completed my MA in Professional and Business communication, my question is: - Whether I should...

sales career masters career-choice career-path career-change

Julien V.’s Avatar
Julien V. May 13, 2015 1642 views

What does the future really hold for a soon to be Graphic Design professional? Is it as bleak and hopeless as everyone makes it seem? Should I switch Majors?

A lot of questions I know but I am a sophomore (soon to be junior) Graphic Design student at MICA and I am having a crisis. Ever since I have been home I have not been able to find any internships or work in my field. Nobody wants to hire me for anything at all. I thought I had a strong...

graphic-design careers art career-change web-design