Career Questions tagged Biomed

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 16 203 views

What exactly is biomedical engineering, and what do people in this profession do?

Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a doctor. Now that I have become a high school student, I've done research about what it takes to go to medical school. Helping and interacting with others is what I want to do. Although, I don't think I have what it takes to go into medical school....

#biomedical #doctor #bio #college #healthcare #biomed #engineering #medical #medicine

Emilie T.’s Avatar
Emilie T. May 07 198 views

Are there any places that I can volunteer at that are related to biomedical engineering?

I am almost 15 years old and I'm interested in biomed. I'm looking for opportunities in the Houston area #biomed...

#biomedical-engineering

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Jan 17, 2018 533 views

What career paths are available with a biomedical engineering degree?

I want to study biomedical engineering but I do not want to end up in a hospital for work #engineering #biomedical #biomed...

#bioengineering

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 338 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

#biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #first-job #career-change #electrical-engineering #career-plan #engineering-industry #biomed #engineering

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 1379 views

What industry areas of Biomedical Engineering are the best for recent college graduates hoping to pursue a lifelong career in biomedical product engineering?

I am hoping to pursue a career in Biomedical Engineering. Since this field is so broad and full of various areas of concentration, I want to know what areas professionals think are the best to begin with. What areas will help those new to industry narrow down their interests and applicable...

#biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #first-job #electrical-engineering #biomed #engineering #engineering-industry

Cristia W.’s Avatar
Cristia W. Sep 01, 2017 382 views

What are some good biotech/biomedical companies in the Long Beach/Orange County area?

I am looking to enter this field upon my college graduation in 5 years and want to start looking into some great companies! Help is much appreciated! #biology #biotechnology #biotech #industrial-biotechnology #biomed #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#science