Career Questions tagged Bio

Brianna M.’s Avatar
Brianna M. Oct 06 66 views

Would a bio major be versatile?

After graduating from HS, I plan to major in Biology. Would a bio major be versatile?...

bio

ilianny M.’s Avatar
ilianny M. Feb 24 240 views

I want a career with genetic invovled and i need help finding narrowing down the list.

Hi my name is ilianny. i am a junior in high school in lynn Massachusetts. i always wanted to be a geneticist but i dont know what majors i have to take in order to purse that career. i also love forensics. i need help figuring out what colleges are good for this career and what maajors and...

career geneticist bio medicine genetics forensics

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Aug 10, 2020 328 views

as someone interested in entering the biotech industry. Would it be smarter to get a general engineering degree or a biomedical engineering degree?

From what I understand Biomedical engineering degrees can become very limiting, especially when there are fewer jobs available in the biomedical industry and landscape. So, would it be smarter to start of a little more broad with a traditional engineering degree (i.e. mechanical, electrical,...

future biomedical engineering bio

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 244 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

chemistry bio chem gradschool biology research july20 phd

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 16, 2020 466 views

What exactly is biomedical engineering, and what do people in this profession do?

Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a doctor. Now that I have become a high school student, I've done research about what it takes to go to medical school. Helping and interacting with others is what I want to do. Although, I don't think I have what it takes to go into medical school....

college bio healthcare medicine biomedical medical biomed engineering doctor

Orleisha J.’s Avatar
Orleisha J. Mar 18, 2018 317 views

After receiving a BS in biology, and going onto medical School. Is becoming a dermatologist the smartest idea?

I have came to the conclusion that I would like to major in biology. Biology is fascinating, as you learn about evolution and ecology. I have decided to become a dermatologist. I do not know much about dermatology but I am willing to learn. dermatologist dermatology bio...

biology

Orleisha J.’s Avatar
Orleisha J. Mar 18, 2018 330 views

When entering into the medical field, is it better to major in nursing or biology?

Throughout most of my life, I always wanted to become a pediatrician. I love helping others and making a difference. Whether it be an accomplishment or a tough obstacle , everything you do in life reflects upon your character. I am kind , loving, and nurturing, which makes me gravitate more...

nursing biology registered-nursing bio

Olivia B.’s Avatar
Olivia B. Sep 29, 2017 586 views

What kind of career can I get from majoring in Biology?

I love biology and want to major in it. I know there's a lot jobs that everyone knows about but I'm looking for something out of the ordinary. bio biotech biology career-development career-path...

career-advice

Quynh V.’s Avatar
Quynh V. Sep 01, 2017 627 views

How do I know if I'm fit to be a biologist?

I really like biology and would like to go into the biomedical field, but I don't know if I am right for it. bio science stem biology...

biotechnology

Emma L.’s Avatar
Emma L. Oct 26, 2016 463 views

Best way to prep for College level science courses?

I want to prepare for college level science courses before I am enrolled in Fall 2017. How should I prepare? chemistry...

bio

Emma L.’s Avatar
Emma L. Oct 18, 2016 330 views

Which class will benefit me more in college if I am going in for health professions? AP Chemistry or AP Bio

I am a junior in high school and am curious to see how to take a step forward in my college career. college chem...

bio