Career Questions tagged Physician

Marilyn R.’s Avatar
Marilyn R. Oct 21, 2019 42 views

How long does it take to pay off student debt loans after becoming a PA (Physician Assistant) ?

I’m in high school and I have my mind set on becoming a physician assistant. I’ve always wanted to do something in the medical field but I can’t help but always think about how much it will cost and how long I will have to keep paying loans and stuff. #medicine #physician...

#student-loans

Sammiee V.’s Avatar
Sammiee V. Aug 07, 2019 57 views

Is it a busy career?

Naturopathic physician #medicine...

#physician

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Mar 26, 2018 207 views

How could my salary, as an aspiring physician who is female and part of an under represented minority group, be affected in my future?

I have learned that in 2017 only about 34% of physicians were female. In addition to being female I am also a part of a minority group. I would like to know how these factors may play a role in determining my salary in my future career even though these facts have nothing to do with how I could...

#women-in-stem #hospital-and-healthcare #female #women #healthcare #physician #medicine #minority

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. May 04, 2019 121 views

What are STEM-related activities I can do outside of college classes that help me become a successful medical school applicant?

I will be attending Northeastern University next year, and I would particularly love to get advice or suggestions for opportunities that are located in the Boston area. I plan to co-op during my undergrad, but are there other important things I can accomplish as a premed student? #stem...

#women-in-stem #healthcare #college #science #doctor #physician #medicine #boston #northeastern #premed

Ashlyn R.’s Avatar
Ashlyn R. Jan 23, 2019 139 views

whats it like to be a sports med physician assistant?

I just want to know the steps to take. #medicine #physician #healthcare #doctor...

#premed

Jossie D.’s Avatar
Jossie D. Nov 16, 2018 191 views

What criteria did you need to become a physician's assistant?

I am trying to plan my career as a physician's assistant and need guidance on now and where to start. #physician #medicine...

#physician-assistant

Bavi R.’s Avatar
Bavi R. Aug 17, 2018 146 views

Where can I apply for my career and still be licensed correctly to perform it?

I am a senior trying to find details about my major of choice: Naturopathic Physician. Although, I have came to notice that the only way you can become a licensed and valid physician of this pathway is to approach a CNME accredited program but from where I live they are far out of state and...

#doctor #medical-education #physician

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Aug 17, 2018 154 views

I am not sure if I want to go to nursing school or physician assistant school.

I love the medical field, but I am torn....

#physician

Cierra B.’s Avatar
Cierra B. Jul 25, 2018 164 views

Midwife Nurse & Midwife Physician Assistant

What is the different certification, degree, salary and job duty between a midwife nurse and a midwife physician assistant? #physicians-assistant #nurse #physician #nursing...

#midwife

Karlee F.’s Avatar
Karlee F. May 13, 2016 418 views

How hard is it to be a chiropractic physician in Oklahoma?

I heard this is a very competitive field. I was curious to know how difficult it will be to establish my practice after I graduate. #college #career #physician #physicians #chiropractor...

#chiropractors

isabel B.’s Avatar
isabel B. Jul 09, 2018 391 views

Will being an Emergency Medical Technician scar me for life?

I am currently enrolled in an EMT certification course offered at my school, and, though I am very very excited about it, I am also quite terrified at the possible situations I might encounter on a call. Do EMTs frequently feel burned out and emotionally drained? Also, is it possible for an EMT...

#physician #emergencymedicaltechnician #emergency #ambulance #emt #doctor

Samantha K.’s Avatar
Samantha K. May 31, 2018 229 views

What motivated you to continue on with school?

I know I have a long road ahead of me as I start this journey of one day becoming a doctor. For all those Doctors out there. Can you offer some advice on what you did to keep you motivated to stay the course and never give up on yourself even when times got hard. #doctor . #physician....

#healthcare #medicine #college #college-degree

Samantha K.’s Avatar
Samantha K. May 31, 2018 226 views

Challenges ahead of me as I seek my goal of being a Doctor?

What type of Road Blocks do I face as a minority female entering the Biology/Pre-Medicine fields for college? #biomedical #biology #doctor #physician #medical-field...

#medicine

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Mar 23, 2018 275 views

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

#medschool #college #mcat #doctor #physician #medical-school #medicine #family-medicine #graduate-school

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 25, 2018 253 views

What can I do now that I am in college to get ahead in the medical field?

I am thinking about studying medicine. I am really interested in being a physician or an orthodontist. I would like to know of any programs online or available in person to get more knowledge of the field. I want to be sure of what I want to study before I start college. #doctor #field...

#orthodontist #college #medical-field #physician #medicine

Ava C.’s Avatar
Ava C. May 10, 2018 254 views

While in high school, how do you know if medical school is the right decision / path?

I'm currently a junior in high school, and just wondering how I can know whether or not I really want to go into medicine. I've heard that shadowing is a good way to find out, but I don't know any doctors and its really hard to find opportunities for people under 18. Suggestions? #medicine...

#medical-school #healthcare #highschool #physician

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 352 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#premedicine #holistic #medschool #physician #doctor #medical-school #premedical #medical-practice #premed

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 245 views

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#premed #expensive #ivy-league #medicine #premedical #student-debt

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. Mar 27, 2018 180 views

What exactly does it mean to be a board-certified surgeon?

Why is it that board-certified physicians/surgeons are held to a higher standard than others? What exactly does it mean to be board-certified? Just more certificates from exams? How does one become board-certified? #boardcertified #surgeon #physician #doctor...

#certified

Sundus J.’s Avatar
Sundus J. Jan 18, 2018 211 views

What are the main differences between a nurse with a PhD and a physician ?

I’ve always wanted to become a Doctor, lately my mind fluctuates between the three. #rn #medicine...

#physician

Ramtin M.’s Avatar
Ramtin M. Dec 21, 2017 358 views

What type of internships are good to become a physician?

I'm not sure what type of internships and which companies can provide me an impressive resume builder in terms of internships. #internships #doctor #pediatrics #science #medicine...

#physician

Vanden G.’s Avatar
Vanden G. May 22, 2016 514 views

What does a typical day look like for a M.D. that is in their residency in the field of radiology?

Im currently a senior in high school and plan to follow a pre med track next year when I begin my undergraduate studies. After med school I plan to take part in a radiology residency program. #doctor #physician #radiology #radiologist #hospital-and-health-care...

#healthcare