Career Questions tagged Hospital And Health Care

The home to doctors and nurses, it is also a valuable education tool for students to volunteer and gain experience. There are multiple opportunities with the hospital and healthcare field...

Lauryn W.’s Avatar
Lauryn W. Oct 13 31 views

What does it take to be a General Surgeon.

I'm currently in Health Science and have thought about being a General Surgeon. I really enjoy helping others. What are similar career choices just in case I'm not fully committed. options careerchoices medical doctor surgery surgeon...

hospital-and-health-care

Labeat R.’s Avatar
Labeat R. Sep 29 56 views

Is there any connection between computer science and medical science?

I plan on studying in the medical field, and I was wondering if there was any connection between the two sciences. science...

hospital-and-health-care

William Y.’s Avatar
William Y. Sep 24 67 views

What kind of classes would you need to take in undergrad school if you want to become a pharmacist or anesthesiologist?

I want to pursue a job in the med field or something relating to biological sciences but I'm not exactly sure what I want to be yet and am still researching hospital-and-health-care...

medical

Jenna H.’s Avatar
Jenna H. Aug 03 135 views

How do I start in high school to get myself ready to become a doctor

Hi I’m in the 11th grade and I just need some advice on what programs or things I could do to get myself ready to become a doctor doctor healthcare hospital-and-health-care...

medicine

ja B.’s Avatar
ja B. Jul 01 158 views

is being a desk nurse an actual job?

I truly do want have a job in the medical field, i'm just not sure of the stress. nursing hospital-and-health-care doctor...

medical

Brooke M.’s Avatar
Brooke M. Feb 12 304 views

What kind of volunteer work should I do for anesthesiology?

I have worked with the Florida Department of Health in research, I have made blankets for the homeless and have helped develop a social media platform for pancreatic cancer awareness. I am going to school for my BS in pre med and ecology. I don't know if it is frowned upon to not get any...

hospital-and-health-care doctor anesthesia biology internship pre-med college hospital medicine volunteer anesthesiologist

Sarah J.’s Avatar
Sarah J. Oct 29, 2020 240 views

If I get a bachelor's of health science, and choose not to pursue a career in pharmacy, what other options are there?

I want to (or at least I think I want to) go into a program for a PhD in pharmacy to be either a pediatric or hospital pharmacist. I plan to either get my bachelor's of health science first, then apply to a graduate program for pharmacy or go into a 6 yr program while also obtaining my...

hospital-and-health-care phd career-paths pharmacy health career-choice healthcare

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 169 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent. mental-health-counseling mental-health public-health hospital-and-health-care health...

Hannah M.’s Avatar
Hannah M. Sep 18, 2020 191 views

How did you decide you wanted to be a doctor? Not a dentist, pharmacist, nurse, or another job in health?

How did you decide you wanted to go to med school and become a doctor? And not become a nurse or dentist, or any other job that has to do with medicine and helping people? doctor medical health hospital-and-health-care nurse...

pharmacist

Inderjeet Singh’s Avatar
Inderjeet S. Jul 29, 2020 167 views
Lauren Z.’s Avatar
Lauren Z. Jul 19, 2020 190 views

Which major is easier to apply PhD for international students, clinical psychology or mental health nursing?

I have a B.S. in Nursing and Psychology, and a M.S. in Neuroscience. I want to do a clinical expertise in mental health. And I think these two majors are helpful for me to achieve my goal. I know it's tough for international students to apply this year. I hope you guys could give me any...

hospital-and-health-care july20 mental-health-counseling clinical

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Jun 28, 2020 341 views

What are BS/MD and BA/MD programs?

I am currently an incoming junior in high school and I am planning on going into the medical field! medicine medical doctor medical-school...

hospital-and-health-care

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jun 10, 2020 246 views

what is the bs/md program

I am interested in the route of becoming a doctor right after high school, since it will save time and money, without requiring an MCAT. What are the differences between hospital-and-health-care healthcare medical medicine doctor this versus the traditional route and is it easier or...