Career Questions tagged Neurosurgeon

Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. May 03 49 views

as a neurosurgeon how long are your shifts (not on call)

I am a 5th grader with good grades and want to be a neurosurgeon...

#neurosurgeon

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30 74 views

How to become a neurosurgeon in England after MBBS in India

What is the process and steps to become a neurosurgeon in UK after completing MBBS from India? What is the fee structure and what universities offer programs? #surgery...

#neurosurgeon

Savreet K.’s Avatar
Savreet K. Apr 30 60 views

Fellowship in U.S.A. after MCh(neurosurgery) in India

What is the process for applying for a fellowship in America after completing my MCh(neurosurgery) from India? What are the steps? What is the income? what are the resources? How to apply? #doctor #neurosurgeon...

#fellowship

Quay K.’s Avatar
Quay K. Apr 22 83 views

For neurosurgeon, what classes do you need to take in high school and college and how many years for college?

I'm interested in this though I know that medical careers can get expensive and require extensive schooling. Idaho isn't the best state for this I know. #neurosurgeon...

#medical

Nevaeh G.’s Avatar
Nevaeh G. Mar 02 115 views

Advice on becoming a surgeon

What are some things you wish you knew before you became a surgeon? Specifically a Neurosurgeon, Cardio thoracic surgeon, or Trauma surgeon what additional courses or classes did you take in college? Do you think they helped you become a surgeon or helped you better understand things in your...

#neurosurgeon #cardiac-surgeon #surgeon #trauma-surgeon #surgeons

orpi S.’s Avatar
orpi S. Jan 26 121 views

what jobs i medical field are ideal ?

hii my name is orpita and i'm currently in year 11 and i really want to become a doctor so please give me some advices! thank youu #doctor #pediatrician #neurosurgeon #dentistry #doctor #doctor...

#doctorate-degree

Amina K.’s Avatar
Amina K. Jan 21 168 views

Do I have a chance at becoming a medical doctor after 13 years of a statistics degree?

I have always wanted to be a medical doctor, factors beyond me made me pursue a BSc. in Statistics and i graduated over 13 years ago. Although, I have lost a lot of years, I now want to pursue that dream of becoming a medical doctor. Do I have a chance? I am trying to apply for a pre med...

#neurosurgeon #doctor #surgeon #medicine

Alexandra K.’s Avatar
Alexandra K. Jan 14 165 views

What should I major in if I want to be a neurosurgeon?

I’m a junior in high school and I plan to go to med school to be a neurosurgeon, but I have no idea what to major in. I thought maybe biochemistry, but I’m not sure. #neurosurgeon #surgery #majors #neurosurgery #collegemajor...

#medicine

Alexandra K.’s Avatar
Alexandra K. Jan 07 129 views

What's the hardest thing about being a doctor?

I'm a junior in HS and I want to go to med school and be a neurosurgeon. #neurosurgeon #doctor #surgeon #surgery...

#physician

TYanna F.’s Avatar
TYanna F. Nov 13, 2020 116 views

How long does it take to finish medical school?

I am a junior in high school trying to figure out what i want to do after i graduate and i feel like since i like helping people health wise i should be a nurse or a doctor. #health #doctor #neurosurgeon...

#orthopedics

Wanzetta M.’s Avatar
Wanzetta M. Oct 27, 2020 146 views

As a Neurosurgeon What skills—such as communication and problem solving—are most important in your field? Describe a situation in which you use these skills.

I am a high school sophomore and have always wanted to have some type of medical career. For the last couple of years, I've been leaning toward surgery and I'm really interested in the human brain which led me to Neurological Surgery as a specialty. I would love to hear from someone he's living...

#neurosurgeon #career #brain

Wanzetta M.’s Avatar
Wanzetta M. Oct 27, 2020 142 views

As a Neurosurgeon, how many years in total did it take to get where you are in your career today?

#neurosurgeon #career #brain

aerion V.’s Avatar
aerion V. Oct 22, 2020 117 views

How long would I go to school for this job?

#neurosurgeon #medical-school My goal is to be a neurosurgeon or just be an RN but how long would have to go to school...

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29, 2020 195 views

I'm interested in becoming a surgeon, but I'm feeling a little intimidated by the intense hours required of surgical fellows. Is it possible to balance work life with a family life in this setting?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning to #major in #biology and continue on to get my MD. I am considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon, but I want to have a better understanding of the #work-life balance of #surgical #fellows. #doctor #surgery #pediatrics...

#neurosurgeon

Benjamin V.’s Avatar
Benjamin V. Jul 29, 2020 126 views

I want to become a doctor. If I complete my undergraduate degree in three years, how should I make time to study for the MCAT?

I am approaching my senior year of high school. I am planning on acquiring an MD in a 7-year period. I am also considering the possibility of becoming a #surgeon. #doctor...

#neurosurgeon

Hibba M.’s Avatar
Hibba M. Aug 18, 2018 307 views

What Colleges are the most beneficial in the area of Neuro-Surgery?

Hi! I'm a 7th grader from Pikeville High School in Pikeville, KY.. I am presently participating in a S.T.E.M. Camp through the Verizon Innovations in Learning. We are discussing Career Choices. I would love to be a neurosurgeon, but I am not too sure about colleges for neurosurgery....

#neurosurgeon #doctor #surgeon #surgery

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 337 views

What’s the best major to pursue in order to become a neurosurgeon

I have little guidance from family members due to their lack of knowledge about college, therefore I’d like to have a better idea of what I’m getting into. I’ve narrowed down the choices to cellular and molecular biology and biomedical sciences. Are either of these two good choices or no? If...

#neurosurgeon #majors #doctor #surgery #neuroscience #medicine #field

Anna U.’s Avatar
Anna U. Jun 27, 2018 403 views

I want to become a neurosurgoen in the future

What advice can you give me to help me achieve my goals? Do you enjoy doing neurosurgery? What steps did you take to become a neurosurgeon? What are some challenges you faced along the way? How many years did it take you to get to where you are know? What collage did you go to? How did you pay...

#neurosurgery #neurosurgeon #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #medicine

Danika B.’s Avatar
Danika B. Jun 27, 2018 337 views

Is a surgeon a good career to have?

I am really interested in being a surgeon. But you have to go to school for a long time. Is it worth all the time at school. Does it have good pay? #surgeon #surgery #medical-school #neurosurgeon #career...

#lotsofschool

Maurice O.’s Avatar
Maurice O. May 31, 2018 303 views
Maurice O.’s Avatar
Maurice O. May 31, 2018 318 views

Do the deaths that you cause and could have prevented as a neurosurgeon stay with you neurologically?

I am intending to become a neurosurgeon after i finish med school. But the thought of constantly being haunted by preventable deaths lingers in the back of my mind. #medicine...

#neurosurgeon

Ally H.’s Avatar
Ally H. Oct 24, 2016 571 views

What is the most important thing to know before becoming a surgeon?

I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I was four, and I am trying now to narrow down my field of interest. My little sister has had many surgeries in her lifetime, so I have had lots of exposure to the world of medicine. Therefore, I am examining the field of surgery and how that could fit...

#neurosurgeon #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare #doctor #cardiac-surgeon #surgeon #plastic-surgeon #general-surgery

BrittanyOppNet2017 .’s Avatar
BrittanyOppNet2017 . Jan 19, 2012 14327 views

What are work hours like as a neurosurgeon?

A good answer will speak about general hours and also emergency calls. #neurosurgeon #medicine...

#healthcare

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Jul 11, 2015 2350 views

How do I get into an Ivy League college?

I'm moving in with my dad because my mom and her boyfriend don't have any room for me. The school where my dad lives is terrible. It's in the bottom 20 schools based on academics in my state. I'm not a rich person who was sent to a prep school. My mom is a nurse and my dad is a janitor. I told...

#neurosurgeon #hospital-and-health-care #doctor #medicine #dartmouth #college

alyssa B.’s Avatar
alyssa B. May 16, 2016 551 views

What should I expect going into medical school?

I would like to know what i can expect so that way i can properly learn how to handle it before i go. #pediatrician #neurosurgeon #plastic-surgeon #cardiologist #medicine #hospital-and-health-care...