Career Questions tagged Stem

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Popular careers within these fields include aerospace engineer, animal scientists, financial manager, computer support specialist, and a lot more. Please read below to find...

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 31 92 views

How exactly should I choose a career in STEM?

Being in STEM is something that I would love to do however, I am not sure exactly what career I want. I know I want to do something that can help people, possibly work with machinery, and have a really good pay. I hate working in teams and I would rather meet up with people initially to...

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 28 96 views

What does a cyber crime investigator actually do?

Is it boring?

Do ya´ll just catch pedofiles all day or is there something more?

Is it a fufilling career?

Can dumb people be good in this feild?

Do you need to have a strong mentallity or stomatch to do this job?

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 27 73 views

Is it better to do your undergrad in mechanical engineering and for grad school, focus on the actual career?

Hello, I am currently a junior and I am preparing for my major and the college that I want to be enrolled in. I am interested in being a part of STEM however I am not sure what I want to do exactly. Some of my career interests include aerospace, biotech, biomedical, nuclear engineer,...

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 16 112 views

Where do I find internships or immersions?

Greetings! I am a Grade 12 student in the STEM fields. I want to start my journey by looking for free and virtual internships and Immersion in the STEM or ABM field to expand my knowledge and skillset in these industries. My school currently does not provide these opportunities. Any experience...

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Apr 06 151 views

What's the difference between working in a lab and working in R&D for a company?

I'm graduating with my bachelor's degree in physics this May (yay!), and I learned that I loved working in the lab, performing experiments, doing computational analyses, drawing conclusions, etc. I'd love to work in a lab at some point but there seem to be a lot of entry barriers for physicists...

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Mar 25 194 views

Do you like being a physician assistant? What are the pros and cons?

I'm currently a high school senior. College decisions are coming out right now, but most likely I'm going to UC Davis in the fall :)

I want to be in the medical field. I'm curious about what this job is like.

Canming S.’s Avatar
Canming S. Jan 24 167 views

Where can I find STEM related workshops?

#stem #engineering #computer-science

an P.’s Avatar
an P. Jan 05 325 views

Biologists, what does a typical work day look like for you?

I'm curious about this job because I'm interested in pursuing it after post secondary. Do you guys have to travel a lot? Work in unusual climates? See alot of insects?

#earthscience #stem #biology #science #education #tech #marine-biology #computer-science

Dania N.’s Avatar
Dania N. Dec 02, 2021 324 views

how do i know if biomedical engineering is good for me?

I like biology, technology, learning about the human body, saving lives, and research. I don't like math but I can tolerate it a little bit. hopefully one day i will choose a major that includes all of my interests. #biology #engineering #science #biomedicalengineering #stem #research #career...

Aleeciah R.’s Avatar
Aleeciah R. Nov 16, 2021 173 views

How much pay can you get working with STEM?, if you can that is

#stem #women-in-stem

jocelyn V.’s Avatar
jocelyn V. Nov 04, 2021 256 views

where can I figure out what I want to do for my career and what I want to do

#career-choice #undecided #career-path I need help because I am a senior in high school and will graduate. #stem #career #college

Sherry C.’s Avatar
Sherry C. Oct 05, 2021 174 views

What are some internships I can do in the STEM field as a high school student in the Bay Area?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm interested in exploring careers in STEM. What internships would help me achieve this? #stem #internship

Merin A.’s Avatar
Merin A. Sep 26, 2021 238 views

Environmental Science vs. Human Anatomy & Physiology

I am currently in 12th grade and I want to make sure I make the right decision with my courses. I am thinking of majoring in either computer science, something in engineering, or maybe biomedical. I feel as though ES might be good due to its value in our contemporary world (environmental...

Sherry C.’s Avatar
Sherry C. Sep 14, 2021 243 views

When did you figure out what you wanted to do as a career?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm interested in a career in the STEM field. #stem

Gudani M.’s Avatar
Gudani M. Aug 22, 2021 305 views

How can I find a part time job? I'm a student in BSC(physics and Chemistry)

I am a hardworking student who want to be independent in life
#women's must rise #physics #chem #chemistry #STEM #science

Oluomachi U.’s Avatar
Oluomachi U. Jun 29, 2021 395 views

What do you like/dislike about being a biomedical engineer?

I plan on majoring in BME and hope to have that as a career. So I'm curious as to what it is like working as a certified engineer. To add on, I have some experience coming up with solutions and models, but I never got to build anything due to covid. #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 29, 2021 359 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

Alan A.’s Avatar
Alan A. Jun 23, 2021 248 views

What are some of the challenges of becoming a data scientist?

I am a student who has passion for STEM. I am struggling to figure out which career path I belong to. I want a profession that is not boring and something I will love. I think I want to become a data scientist. #stem #technology

Srishti G.’s Avatar
Srishti G. Jun 09, 2021 221 views

Are two semesters of undergraduate research experience too little for PhD application? I missed out on a summer worth of research due to COVID. Do I still have a chance?

#biochemistry #gradschool #PhD #undergraduateresearch #graduateschool #STEM

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 209 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes. I also have good social skills, especially with children and people with special needs. My dream job would be a genetic counselor that meets with families who are about to have a child with a genetic disorder, to meet with those families in the...

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 212 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes and loves genetics specifically. What are some careers that may be for me other than being a geneticist? In addition, I like the idea of working in a hospital, specifically one near Boston, MA. I hesitate when thinking about becoming a geneticist...

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 270 views

STEM meets writing

I am a student that thrives in STEM classes. When identifying a struggle I face at school, I would have to say I struggle to find the motivation and focus to write essays. I am a decent writer, but I simply don't enjoy writing. If I were to become a geneticist, or something similar, would I be...

Lucas W.’s Avatar
Lucas W. Jun 08, 2021 192 views

What classes should I be taking to continue to search for my exact interest?

I like math, sports, and something with stats has always seemed cool but maybe even something with STEM would interest me. #stem #math #college

Ainsleigh S.’s Avatar
Ainsleigh S. Jun 08, 2021 205 views

How many science related classes should one take during highschool if you are interested in a STEM related carr\n

#STEM #highschool

Deandre T.’s Avatar
Deandre T. Jun 02, 2021 255 views

Will there be ups and downs throughout college?

#science #stem #maths #sports #struggle

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20, 2021 350 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have #autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in #school all these years because I mad some of my #teachers mad in the past. All I want is to #graduate and go to #college so that I can get a #job. I have my #parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

jaden E.’s Avatar
jaden E. May 13, 2021 237 views

My career goal is that I would like to become a ultra sound tech at Miami Dade college

#tech #anyone #stem #special-effects

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. May 05, 2021 562 views

Where can I get a virtual summer internship as a high school student?

I want to be a doctor and I want to build up my resume. I've been searching all over the Internet for an internship related to becoming a doctor or to biology or science or STEM and I haven't found any. There are no internships near me. I would like a virtual internship seeing as there is a...

Ken W.’s Avatar
Ken W. Apr 19, 2021 261 views

Is the market for people studying biology growing or shrinking?

#careers #biology #stem #any

Ken W.’s Avatar
Ken W. Apr 19, 2021 251 views

What are some sustainable jobs for people with a biology degree?

I am not committed to a specific career but I would like to work with animals, research medicine, or help conserve the planet. What are some careers that fit into these categories in which I can still financially support my family? #career-counseling #career #biology #stem #career-choice...