Career Questions tagged Stem

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Popular careers within these fields include aerospace engineer, animal scientists, financial manager, computer support specialist, and a lot more. Please read below to find...

Brandon A.’s Avatar
Brandon A. Feb 23 91 views

What Engineering field should I consider learning more about?

I'm in the 11th grade at a high school in Massachusetts. I like to create solutions for problems that has to do with infrastructure. I also like problems that has to do with tech and I am open to many other things. #scientist #tech #create #engineering...

#stem

Shan T.’s Avatar
Shan T. Jan 27 97 views

Those with a Cognitive Science degree, what is your career now?

I am slightly interested in Cognitive Science, however, I am not to sure about the job opening s for those with Cognitive Science degrees? Like what do you do now after graduating and getting you BA/BS in Cognitive Science? #career-development #career #stem #stem #cognitive-science...

#cog-sci

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 79 views

How many years of college does it take to become a scientist?

Greetings! I'm Ms. Tipton at the International Community School. My 3rd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! #stem...

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 149 views

How long do you have to go to college for a technology degree?

Hello! I'm Ms. Tingle at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks so much! #stem...

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 63 views

How long does it take for a scientist/inventor to come up with an idea and build it?

Hi! I'm Ms. Eldridge at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!...

#stem

John Lloyd B.’s Avatar
John Lloyd B. Dec 26, 2020 243 views

I am good at writing, analyzing, and conceptualizing and I also love science, psychology, sky, and arts. What career do you think suits me?

I'm a senior high school student and right now, I am taking up STEM. I want to have now a specific career choice as I'll go to college but right now I am still in hesitation of my choices. Assessing myself, I realized that I am really good at writing, science, and planning things out. Aside...

#career-development #highschool #job #stem #writing #career-choice #career-counseling #career

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 15, 2020 237 views

Is an MBA more useful than a PhD if I want to keep my options open?

I'm a 3rd year physics major at RIT and still have no idea what I want to do for a living once I graduate. I've heard that our MBA program is great, and I've been enjoying business-related work in my current job. Though I'm not sure what physics and business could combine to make me uniquely...

#business #physics-major #mba #phd #physics #science #college #stem

Owen T.’s Avatar
Owen T. Nov 18, 2020 140 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

#physics #college #astronomy #stem #career-counseling #career

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Nov 10, 2020 132 views

What careers require an MPH?

I am considering pursuing an MPH in the future, but I don't know anyone who uses it in their career. What makes an MPH degree unique? #mph #publichealth #public-health #health #healthcare #stem...

#givingiscaring

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. Oct 22, 2020 188 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#chemical-engineer #engineering #science #agriculture #stemcareers #stem #food #engineer

LaToya R.’s Avatar
LaToya R. Sep 25, 2020 147 views

Aerospace Engineer

I want to go to College foe Aerospace Engineering but would like to see what a workday is like. How would I do this? #engineering...

#stem

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31, 2020 507 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#stem #math #career-path #career-counseling #majors #career #science

Jonathan G.’s Avatar
Jonathan G. Aug 20, 2020 169 views
Karlee M.’s Avatar
Karlee M. Aug 03, 2020 172 views

I am wondering what kinds of courses students can take during their K-12 experience to prepare themselves for a career as an aerospace engineer?

I am currently a graduate student studying to be a school counselor. I am working on a project that focuses on preparing student for college and career readiness. #stem #careers...

#engineer

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 430 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17, 2020 144 views

How can I gain experience in the STEM fields?

I am thinking about majoring in the Physics field in the future when I am in college. I want to gain some experience in the field. #women-in-stem #stem...

#july20

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17, 2020 147 views

Who should I intern under as a future Physics/Acoustic Engineering major?

I am thinking about pursuing internships to gain some experience in the STEM fields. Does anyone know any people who I can intern with during the summers? #internships #stem #engineering #physics...

#july20

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 186 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#informationsecurity #computer-science #applicationsecurity #computer-security #technology #july20 #careerdevelopment #cybersecurity #womeninstem #stem #computerscience #career

Lauren T.’s Avatar
Lauren T. Jul 15, 2020 371 views

How can get I get a summer internship in STEM with no prior experience?

I'm a junior in high school and want to major in engineering. And I want to gain some experience in the field. However, any internships I find are for college students and/or require lots of experience. So how can I start to build my experience from the ground up? #engineering...

#stem

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24, 2020 239 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#major #medicalschool #technology #college #stem #medicine #college-major #neuroscience #premed #medical #healthcare

Grace E.’s Avatar
Grace E. Jun 10, 2020 322 views