Career Questions tagged Stem

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Popular careers within these fields include aerospace engineer, animal scientists, financial manager, computer support specialist, and a lot more. Please read below to find...

an P.’s Avatar
an P. Jan 05 54 views

Biologists, what does a typical work day look like for you?

I'm curious about this job because I'm interested in pursuing it after post secondary. Do you guys have to travel a lot? Work in unusual climates? See alot of insects? earthscience stem biology science education tech marine-biology...

computer-science

Dania N.’s Avatar
Dania N. Dec 02, 2021 145 views

how do i know if biomedical engineering is good for me?

I like biology, technology, learning about the human body, saving lives, and research. I don't like math but I can tolerate it a little bit. hopefully one day i will choose a major that includes all of my interests. biology engineering science biomedicalengineering stem research career...

college engineer interests major

Gudani M.’s Avatar
Gudani M. Aug 22, 2021 194 views

How can I find a part time job? I'm a student in BSC(physics and Chemistry)

I am a hardworking student who want to be independent in life women's must rise physics chem chemistry STEM...

science

Sherry C.’s Avatar
Sherry C. Oct 05, 2021 120 views

What are some internships I can do in the STEM field as a high school student in the Bay Area?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm interested in exploring careers in STEM. What internships would help me achieve this? stem...

internship

Merin A.’s Avatar
Merin A. Sep 26, 2021 111 views

Environmental Science vs. Human Anatomy & Physiology

I am currently in 12th grade and I want to make sure I make the right decision with my courses. I am thinking of majoring in either computer science, something in engineering, or maybe biomedical. I feel as though ES might be good due to its value in our contemporary world (environmental...

college stem

Sherry C.’s Avatar
Sherry C. Sep 14, 2021 162 views

When did you figure out what you wanted to do as a career?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm interested in a career in the STEM field....

stem

Oluomachi U.’s Avatar
Oluomachi U. Jun 29, 2021 271 views

What do you like/dislike about being a biomedical engineer?

I plan on majoring in BME and hope to have that as a career. So I'm curious as to what it is like working as a certified engineer. To add on, I have some experience coming up with solutions and models, but I never got to build anything due to covid. biomedical-engineering biomedical...

engineer engineering stem women-in-stem

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 29, 2021 265 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

digitalforensics technology cybersecurity computer-science consulting stem

Alan A.’s Avatar
Alan A. Jun 23, 2021 176 views

What are some of the challenges of becoming a data scientist?

I am a student who has passion for STEM. I am struggling to figure out which career path I belong to. I want a profession that is not boring and something I will love. I think I want to become a data scientist. stem...

technology

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 125 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes. I also have good social skills, especially with children and people with special needs. My dream job would be a genetic counselor that meets with families who are about to have a child with a genetic disorder, to meet with those families in the...

geneticist stem

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 128 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes and loves genetics specifically. What are some careers that may be for me other than being a geneticist? In addition, I like the idea of working in a hospital, specifically one near Boston, MA. I hesitate when thinking about becoming a geneticist...

hopital boston stem

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08, 2021 161 views

STEM meets writing

I am a student that thrives in STEM classes. When identifying a struggle I face at school, I would have to say I struggle to find the motivation and focus to write essays. I am a decent writer, but I simply don't enjoy writing. If I were to become a geneticist, or something similar, would I be...

geneticist medicine stem

Lucas W.’s Avatar
Lucas W. Jun 08, 2021 136 views

What classes should I be taking to continue to search for my exact interest?

I like math, sports, and something with stats has always seemed cool but maybe even something with STEM would interest me. stem math...

college

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20, 2021 260 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in school all these years because I mad some of my teachers mad in the past. All I want is to graduate and go to college so that I can get a job. I have my parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

stem technology arts-and-crafts

Ken W.’s Avatar
Ken W. Apr 19, 2021 208 views

What are some sustainable jobs for people with a biology degree?

I am not committed to a specific career but I would like to work with animals, research medicine, or help conserve the planet. What are some careers that fit into these categories in which I can still financially support my family? career-counseling career biology stem career-choice...

career-path

Brandon A.’s Avatar
Brandon A. Feb 23, 2021 245 views

What Engineering field should I consider learning more about?

I'm in the 11th grade at a high school in Massachusetts. I like to create solutions for problems that has to do with infrastructure. I also like problems that has to do with tech and I am open to many other things. scientist tech create engineering...

stem

Shan T.’s Avatar
Shan T. Jan 27, 2021 310 views

Those with a Cognitive Science degree, what is your career now?

I am slightly interested in Cognitive Science, however, I am not to sure about the job opening s for those with Cognitive Science degrees? Like what do you do now after graduating and getting you BA/BS in Cognitive Science? career-development career STEM stem cognitive-science...

cog-sci

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18, 2021 228 views

How many years of college does it take to become a scientist?

Greetings! I'm Ms. Tipton at the International Community School. My 3rd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! STEM...

college

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18, 2021 321 views

How long do you have to go to college for a technology degree?

Hello! I'm Ms. Tingle at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks so much! STEM...

college