Career Questions tagged Stem

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Popular careers within these fields include aerospace engineer, animal scientists, financial manager, computer support specialist, and a lot more. Please read below to find...

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08 30 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes. I also have good social skills, especially with children and people with special needs. My dream job would be a genetic counselor that meets with families who are about to have a child with a genetic disorder, to meet with those families in the...

#geneticist #stem

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08 27 views

similar jobs to a geneticist

I am a student that thrives in my STEM classes and loves genetics specifically. What are some careers that may be for me other than being a geneticist? In addition, I like the idea of working in a hospital, specifically one near Boston, MA. I hesitate when thinking about becoming a geneticist...

#boston #hopital #stem

Olivia I.’s Avatar
Olivia I. Jun 08 38 views

STEM meets writing

I am a student that thrives in STEM classes. When identifying a struggle I face at school, I would have to say I struggle to find the motivation and focus to write essays. I am a decent writer, but I simply don't enjoy writing. If I were to become a geneticist, or something similar, would I be...

#geneticist #medicine #stem

Lucas W.’s Avatar
Lucas W. Jun 08 49 views

What classes should I be taking to continue to search for my exact interest?

I like math, sports, and something with stats has always seemed cool but maybe even something with STEM would interest me. #stem #math...

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20 107 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have #autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in #school all these years because I mad some of my #teachers mad in the past. All I want is to #graduate and go to #college so that I can get a #job. I have my #parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

#arts-and-crafts #stem #technology

Ken W.’s Avatar
Ken W. Apr 19 130 views

What are some sustainable jobs for people with a biology degree?

I am not committed to a specific career but I would like to work with animals, research medicine, or help conserve the planet. What are some careers that fit into these categories in which I can still financially support my family? #career-counseling #career #biology #stem #career-choice...

#career-path

Brandon A.’s Avatar
Brandon A. Feb 23 146 views

What Engineering field should I consider learning more about?

I'm in the 11th grade at a high school in Massachusetts. I like to create solutions for problems that has to do with infrastructure. I also like problems that has to do with tech and I am open to many other things. #scientist #tech #create #engineering...

#stem

Shan T.’s Avatar
Shan T. Jan 27 179 views

Those with a Cognitive Science degree, what is your career now?

I am slightly interested in Cognitive Science, however, I am not to sure about the job opening s for those with Cognitive Science degrees? Like what do you do now after graduating and getting you BA/BS in Cognitive Science? #career-development #career #stem #stem #cognitive-science...

#cog-sci

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 116 views

How many years of college does it take to become a scientist?

Greetings! I'm Ms. Tipton at the International Community School. My 3rd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! #stem...

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 219 views

How long do you have to go to college for a technology degree?

Hello! I'm Ms. Tingle at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks so much! #stem...

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 85 views

How long does it take for a scientist/inventor to come up with an idea and build it?

Hi! I'm Ms. Eldridge at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!...

#stem

John Lloyd B.’s Avatar
John Lloyd B. Dec 26, 2020 288 views

I am good at writing, analyzing, and conceptualizing and I also love science, psychology, sky, and arts. What career do you think suits me?

I'm a senior high school student and right now, I am taking up STEM. I want to have now a specific career choice as I'll go to college but right now I am still in hesitation of my choices. Assessing myself, I realized that I am really good at writing, science, and planning things out. Aside...

#highschool #writing #career #career-choice #career-development #stem #career-counseling #job

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 15, 2020 321 views

Is an MBA more useful than a PhD if I want to keep my options open?

I'm a 3rd year physics major at RIT and still have no idea what I want to do for a living once I graduate. I've heard that our MBA program is great, and I've been enjoying business-related work in my current job. Though I'm not sure what physics and business could combine to make me uniquely...

#business #phd #physics #science #mba #physics-major #stem #college

Owen T.’s Avatar
Owen T. Nov 18, 2020 173 views

Should I take up astronomy

I have been thinking about joining the STEM community through Astronomy and Physics as a future career. From what I have heard It is a very competitive and difficult career to get. Being a scientist has been a recurring passion. It wasn't until a few days ago I have actually considered...

#astronomy #stem #career-counseling #career #physics #college

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Nov 10, 2020 172 views

What careers require an MPH?

I am considering pursuing an MPH in the future, but I don't know anyone who uses it in their career. What makes an MPH degree unique? #mph #publichealth #public-health #health #healthcare #stem...

#givingiscaring

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. Oct 22, 2020 309 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#chemical-engineer #engineer #food #science #agriculture #stem #engineering #stemcareers

LaToya R.’s Avatar
LaToya R. Sep 25, 2020 175 views

Aerospace Engineer

I want to go to College foe Aerospace Engineering but would like to see what a workday is like. How would I do this? #engineering...

#stem

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31, 2020 563 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#career-counseling #majors #career-path #stem #math #career #science