Career Questions tagged Students

Tirth P.’s Avatar
Tirth P. Dec 16, 2018 128 views

Is bachelors in aircraft maintenance engineering good choice and what can one do after completing in jobs and masters ( MBA ).

After bachelors in aircraft maintenance engineering , can one work at aviation manufacturing and design companies ? Is preferable doing Bachelors in aircraft maintenance engineering ? #aircraftengineer #bachelors #aeronauticalengineering #students #aerospace...

#engineering

Ashley P.’s Avatar
Ashley P. Aug 31, 2018 123 views

Do universities really care if you are in associated student body?

If you are the Vice President, President.....

#students

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 29, 2018 157 views

Do I need to participate in clubs and activities in college?

I have social anxiety, and I don't know if I have to participate in clubs and activities. Some say we need to, others say we don't. Does it vary from school to school? Will I be shunned if I am inactive in student life? I'm not the best at making friends, and with my anxiety, it's extra hard. I...

#students #college

Noora A.’s Avatar
Noora A. Aug 28, 2018 147 views

Are College Loans Beneficial or Harmful for The Student In The Long Run?

I'm interested in knowing more about the students experience about taking college loans and whether it helped or harmed the student ability to pay it back after graduation #financial-accounting #college-student #students...

#student

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 151 views

How do I avoid student debt?

As a chemistry major, all I can think about is the hundreds of thousands of dollars I'm going to spend on college. How, other than scholarships, am I supposed to avoid going into debt when college is extremely unaffordable? #student #university #teacher #professor...

#students

Irma D.’s Avatar
Irma D. Aug 21, 2018 186 views

What is some of the stress that first year generations face from living with only one parent?

As a freshman student who is the oldest from 2 younger siblings, studying psychology. #consulting...

#students

Mackenzie T.’s Avatar
Mackenzie T. Aug 17, 2018 128 views
Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Aug 15, 2018 212 views
Sierra G.’s Avatar
Sierra G. Aug 11, 2018 169 views

Will I have to take out student loans?

I am really stressing about the thought of taking out student loans. I will not be living in campus dorms (I have to live at home to take care of my mom) , so I won't have to worry about dorm fees. I am a fairly smart person, I'm first in my class and I am planning on being valedictorian, but...

#student #college #students #loans #advice #collegehelp #studentloans

Messinah P.’s Avatar
Messinah P. Jul 06, 2018 200 views
Amy T.’s Avatar
Amy T. May 31, 2018 196 views
Ashlyn R.’s Avatar
Ashlyn R. May 31, 2018 231 views

How did you all overcome the toughest parts in your life while also keeping your motivation?

As humans, we often go through periods where we feel unmotivated, depressed, anxious, and sad. Those feelings often come through and affect our day-to-day activities. Especially in college or in the workplace. It often affects our performance, and doesn't truly reflect our best efforts. How do...

#life-experience #students #college

Marianne A.’s Avatar
Marianne A. May 26, 2016 504 views

What are some good advice for aspiring nursing students?

I am a pre-nursing student who wants to succeed in this competitive field. #nursing #students #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 561 views

What do colleges and universities look for in applicants?

I've always been told that you should be a "well-rounded" person if you want to get accepted to a good college, but that has never made sense to me. If I was a part of a college board I'd want students that excelled in a field that they are passionate about and would rather them be great in...

#college-admissions #university #students #application #college

darshan S.’s Avatar
darshan S. Apr 27, 2016 535 views
Jessica R.’s Avatar
Jessica R. May 18, 2016 351 views

What is the best way to explore different options to find out what kind of nursing career I would be best suited for?

There are so many different nursing career options. I am taking Allied Health this year and have been able to look at different departments in a hospital setting. I know there are many more options out there for nurses. I still have no idea what kind of nursing career I want to have. This is...

#hospital-and-health-care #medicine #nursing #students #professionals

Sairam M.’s Avatar
Sairam M. May 02, 2016 533 views

How do I score good marks in the SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)?

I want to score high marks on my SSLC test and was wondering if anybody had any tips for studying/preparation. #teaching #teacher #students #experts #education #college...

#career-counseling

Jordan M.’s Avatar
Jordan M. Sep 02, 2016 449 views

How do I know what major to select?

Throughout the early stages of my college career, I was unsure of what I wanted "to be when I grew up." With so many choices, I understand many other students are wondering the same thing. I wanted to expand the clarity from other individuals on what newly applied students should do in this...

#professors #teaching #teacher #students #undecided #college #graduates

Jamie L.’s Avatar
Jamie L. Mar 09, 2017 683 views

How do I manage time effectively?

I am a junior in high school and one skill that i need to grasp is time management. I am a person who is always hyperactive but I also get distracted a lot and I want to know what it takes to manage my time more effectively. I ask this because I still need to learn how to finish my schoolwork...

#extracurriculars #higher-education #students #management #personal-development #time-management

Nagesh M.’s Avatar
Nagesh M. May 04, 2016 321 views

What is the difference between majority in business and majority in marketing?

I want to either major in business or marketing, I thought they were the same but I don't know. #business #engineer #professor #marketing #students...

#doctors

Alista E.’s Avatar
Alista E. May 18, 2016 465 views

What are some classes I should take in undergraduate college to be a pediatrician?

I would love to be a pediatrician. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #medical #medical-school #students #professors #professionals #doctors #graduates...

#nurses

Nick S.’s Avatar
Nick S. Apr 19, 2017 779 views

How necessary is it to obtain an internship before you graduate college?

An internship is the one task that I did not complete as an undergrad. I am now applying for them and have noticed that the vast majority of internships have a requirement that the applicant be a student. #internships #students...

#career-development

Rea H.’s Avatar
Rea H. Mar 23, 2017 538 views

Why do you want to do after university?

I want to know typically what people do after completing university. Do you do a placement? what are the options? #career #university...

#students

Katherine S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. Mar 02, 2017 975 views
Rosa P.’s Avatar
Rosa P. Feb 03, 2017 444 views

I'm thinking of applying for an internship, but some of the requirements are confusing me. Help!

The Cleveland Clinic is offering an internship in my area. The application requires a couple documents that I am unfamiliar with, so I'm having trouble getting them together. The documents are: -A Cover Letter -A Resumé (or Résumé?) I'm homeschooled so these are entirely new to me! Can...

#internships #medical #students #college-admissions