Career Questions tagged Jobs

A job is a task someone receives money for completing. Some people work on different types of jobs on their road to finding a career. For more information, please read...

Edgar Z.’s Avatar
Edgar Z. Aug 12

What jobs hire at 15

I like working by my self because i get work done more quicky. I like eletronics...

#jobs

Axel L.’s Avatar
Axel L. Jul 21

So I took the AP Spanish test a couple years ago and am planning to get certified as an interpeter and translator while I'm finishing college. What do I need to be certified and what would be the best options for me to do this kind of work?

I'm a native Spanish speaker I will be in Maryland or Pennsylvania for a few months trying to start the certification process, but eventually I will be going up to Utah #interpreter #translation #jobs #college #business...

#money

Sydney C.’s Avatar
Sydney C. Jul 08

First Job Help?

I am having trouble finding a job. I am 16 years old and currently attend high school in the Bellevue area. I have no work experience but I am ready for my first job. I am looking for a job in the Bellevue area. I am hoping to have a summer job, and part-time job during the school year. Please...

#job-search #first-job #summerjob #jobs #teenjob #career

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Feb 14, 2018

Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Recruitment 2018

How many posts have been announced for #assistant loco pilot? #railway #railroad...

#jobs

Revanth Sai Reddy V.’s Avatar
Revanth Sai Reddy V. Mar 18

Confused Future

I have been working as a Software Developer on Delphi and SQL for past one and half years. Now i am going for Masters in Computer Science. What skills do i have to develop so that i can get a job in Top companies in US like google,Apple, Microsoft? Please help me. Thankyou in advance...

#technology #computer-software #jobs #computer #software #computer-science

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Mar 12

What are the steps needed to be a UX designer?

From your experience and journey to a UX designer, what online resources & bootcamps you have used to get where you are right now? Which bootcamps or online learning platforms you would recommend for a person w/o much prior knowledge in coding and programming language? Thank you!...

#technology #mentoring #ux #industryprofessionals #design #coaching #computer #computer-science #uxdesign #userexperience #jobs #career #programming #computer-software

Henry K.’s Avatar
Henry K. Oct 31, 2018

Is academic research or internships better?

I am planning to go into aerospace engineering and astronomy. Would academic research or internships be more beneficial for future job prospects and staying competitive in the job market? #internship #research #jobs...

#future

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Aug 31, 2018

What should I put on my resume?

I want to start saving up for college, but I don't know what to put on my resume. I don't have work experience, haven't volunteered, and haven't been on any big projects. I have been in clubs and organizations, played instruments, and done other activities outside of school but none of them...

#jobs #career #resume

Haley M.’s Avatar
Haley M. Aug 31, 2018

How do you know that the job you're aiming for is going to satisfy you?

Is any ever sure? #jobs...

#job

Krikor S.’s Avatar
Krikor S. Aug 30, 2018

What is the most efficient way to pay for college without sacrificing grades?

I recently found out how much I am going to need to pay for college, and it seems kind of unreasonable that I will be able to consistently pay for it while maintaining high grades. I feel like I need to choose either academics or paying off tuition without debt. As I have no experience with...

#jobs #money

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Aug 30, 2018

What do fresh out of college Engineer majors do?

Engineering is one major I'm considering but I don't know what I want to know. I'm afraid I have a different idea of what actually happens after schooling. I can see what classes those in that major take and what companies they may work for, but how different is the class work to an actual...

#engineering #jobs

Luis P.’s Avatar
Luis P. Aug 29, 2018

How much experience must one have to land a computer science job?

Is it more beneficial to have a masters in computer science or to have 4+ years in working for a company to land a decent pay job in the computer science field? #career #jobs...

#job

Luis P.’s Avatar
Luis P. Aug 29, 2018

What skills do you recommend one has for a computer science job?

i understand one needs to know various programming languages and a lot of experience but is there a certain language that can get one a foot in the door or have a good chance at landing a job? #student #college #jobs...

#career

Eboni B.’s Avatar
Eboni B. Aug 29, 2018

How do you build a successful career, without any experience?

Many job offers/positions require a person to have experience. If I'm fresh out of College, of course I'd be looking for a place to work. How will I be able to prove myself in my field, even though I'm a rookie/newbie. #jobs #salary #job-market #career...

#job

Kamaria H.’s Avatar
Kamaria H. Aug 28, 2018