Career Questions tagged Cooking

jaleel A.’s Avatar
jaleel A. Jun 13 82 views

What does a chef and head chef's schedule look like?

i was wondering how the day to- day schedule for chef and head cook looks like do you work long hours and do you get a breaks? l've always been curious what they do.

Haley M.’s Avatar
Haley M. Jun 13 42 views

How much time did it take to get where you wanted to be?

I'm asking this question about culinary arts because I want to know if it's worth it.

amir B.’s Avatar
amir B. May 23 109 views

can you make a career in the culinary world without going to a culinary school ?

Dennis B.’s Avatar
Dennis B. May 03 116 views

What does it take to make Culinary arts worthwhile?

Since I was nine years old, I have been involved in the culinary arts. As a teenager, I worked in the kitchen of a few restaurants. Recently, I've wondered if Culinary Arts might be for me.

Dennis B.’s Avatar
Dennis B. May 03 98 views

Can Culinary Arts become a successful career?

I may have worked a Culinary job at Easterseals Academy,but it was fulfilling for a little while. My cousin works at the Popeyes near her house and she plans to use that job as a stepping stone to working in a fancy restaurant. My dream was to own a restaurant growing up,but now, i'm doubtful...

Darnell B.’s Avatar
Darnell B. Apr 19 175 views

How far will culinary take me in 10+ years ?

Culinary is a promising career, but I'm on the rocks about how long to stick with this career, even when times are moving ahead. Please leave down your own experiences below, as it will help me get a sense of what to expect.

Luis H.’s Avatar
Luis H. Apr 11 122 views

What was the hardest part about becoming a Chef?

Please don't be afraid to go into detail with this question, i wanna know as much as i can from actual professionals.

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 342 views

What is your must have spice for cooking?

#culinary-arts

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 111 views

What are the basic requirements to get a job in culinary arts?

#culinary-arts

Angel M.’s Avatar
Angel M. Mar 22 84 views

What do you think is the most important hurdle I will have to overcome in culinary arts?

#culinary-arts

Alyssa B.’s Avatar
Alyssa B. Feb 28 159 views

I want to shadow a Chef/Head cook, What are some things to pay attention to when shadowing a professional?

#chef #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts

Alyssa B.’s Avatar
Alyssa B. Feb 23 115 views

What would be some advice on starting my own cafe with friends and family?

In the future after I get all my culinary training and more experience I want to be able to start my own cafe. I would be an owner of the cafe and a chef in the kitchen. I want to make a cafe that has one separate kitchen for normal foods and desserts and the other kitchen where I would make...

jessica A.’s Avatar
jessica A. Jan 19 114 views

Where do I have the best chance of developing myself in the gastronomic field?

#cooking
#culinary arts #culinary-arts #chef

jessica A.’s Avatar
jessica A. Jan 19 194 views

What is the salary range for pastry chefs just starting out?

#culinary-arts #cooking #chef

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 17, 2021 138 views

What are some skills you think are required to succeed in this industry? How do you develop and enhance them?

I'm quite new to the industry and want to focus on certain things to help me grow faster and really push myself to be great. What are some things you think could be good for me to focus on and really help my growth? #Culinary #Cooking #Chef

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 17, 2021 135 views

What are some problems you've had to face in this industry and how did you overcome them?

I know of some problems you can face in this industry but I'm sure there could be a lot more I'm unaware of, so what are some things you have faced and how you overcame them? This way if I ever do face these problems someday then I'll have feedback on it and can deal with them early. #Culinary...

Antonio N.’s Avatar
Antonio N. Dec 15, 2021 157 views

What's the reason you're so passionate about this area of work and has there been any moments in your career where you've had that passion go away?

I'm someone who's passionate about cooking but I've seen many cooks and chefs lose that passion before, so I am just wondering what made you lose that passion at some point? or what do you think has kept you from losing it? This way I can avoid this from ever happening myself. #Culinary...

Zariah S.’s Avatar
Zariah S. Dec 14, 2021 192 views

What is it like being in culinary arts or a chef in general?

#creative #cooking #culinary-arts #culinary #chef
I asked this because I want to hear you guys experiences. I believe it's creative, fun and learning experience

Zariah S.’s Avatar
Zariah S. Dec 14, 2021 210 views

Can culinary arts be a fast pace or take your time environment?

#culinary-arts #food #kitchen #cooking
I asked this because I am a very take my time medium pace person and I will still get it done in divine timing. I will love to hear you'll feedback or advice.

Kyah T.’s Avatar
Kyah T. Nov 29, 2021 165 views

If you own a restaurant. What is the schedule by which you are open? Days and hours.

#chef #culinary-arts #culinary #cooking

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 197 views

What are the best and worst parts of being a chef?

I want to see the answers to this to see if this is truly 100% worth it for me #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 158 views

What are some important things to know about being a chef?

I'm not extremely well versed in the subject yet and I'm wondering if there's any info I absolutely need to be aware of #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Jahlil T.’s Avatar
Jahlil T. Nov 09, 2021 186 views

What is an average day in the life of a chef look like?

I want to know how what an average schedule for this profession would be. #chef #cook #cooking #baker #baking #culinary-arts #culinary #hospitality

Adam Y.’s Avatar
Adam Y. Nov 08, 2021 133 views

What do I have to do to become a chef?

What schools do I have to attend? How long? #culinary #cooking

Jericho E.’s Avatar
Jericho E. Nov 07, 2021 228 views

How to become a chef

Simple person #cooking #culinary

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Nov 03, 2021 151 views

how do u make sushi??????? How do you become a sushi chef?

i want to know!!!!!!!!! #chef #cooking

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Oct 28, 2021 139 views

what is the easiest food to cook?

I am 15. I am blind. #cooking

dominic L.’s Avatar
dominic L. Oct 25, 2021 163 views

what is one of the hardest things that you had to overcome in the culinary field and how do you think it made you a better chef or culinary field worker

in about 2 to 3 weeks I will be attending San Diego job corps in order to join their culinary course and hopefully become a chef
#culinary-arts #chef #cooking

dominic L.’s Avatar
dominic L. Oct 25, 2021 171 views

when it comes to working in the kitchen how hectic is it trying to work and function as a team while also getting orders out in a timly fashion

In about 2 to 3 weeks i will be attending San Diego job corps for their culinary course #culinary-arts #chef #cooking

dominic L.’s Avatar
dominic L. Oct 25, 2021 138 views

I've heard that the culinary field is very demanding so how do you recommend adapting quicker so your main focus can be the job and learning instead of adapting

#chef
#culinary #cooking #culinary-arts