Career questions tagged cooking

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours454 views

Am I too old to become a great chef?

I graduated from United Electronics Inst. in 1973 and have spent years working in various trades-related jobs. I want to be the best cook in the world, like another Ramsey but nicer. Can you help lead me????? Note: this question was asked anonymously by a learner

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fen568 views

How much training is needed in order to become a food scientist?

For an average food scientist since I am interested in the science field.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kenley393 views

How to get better at baking and what new recipes to try? I am thinking of owning my own bakery when I’m older!

any favorite recipes? I would love to try them!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
alexis455 views

What is culinary school like?

What is culinary arts school like and should i keep wanting to follow that career path now or focus on something else?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Travis234 views

What is your experience throughout learning Culinary or Advanced Culinary from the beginning to now?

I am looking for advice and what it would be like to help me look at my future and to help me prepare for anything that comes my way

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tabitha240 views

What are things that you didn't know or didn't expect/wish you knew about culinary , baking or being a chef?

I really what to be prepared for when i go into what i want so it would be nice to know what are things you wish you knew about it.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tabitha214 views

What does you week look like as a chef or a baker?

I was wondering what it would be like in a week of cooking and baking because that is exactly what I want to do and I want to prepare myself for when is my turn to do that.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tabitha214 views

Why did you decide to become a chef or baker?

I want to own my own cafe in the future because it's my dream so I was just wondering what made you want to and what was your dream of it.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Travis164 views

What is Culinary arts like What is advanced training for culinary arts like? ?

In general about the trade.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sassa258 views

What is a way you destress in the kitchen during a busy day ?

Hi, I am a graduate in high school, and isn't good at managing in a stressful situation.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
tytrel150 views

what make you want this trade so you can succeed ?

culinary is one my trades because im a experience cook and i do well with cooking and watching i catch on very fast and im very passionate in my work patient .

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bella313 views

Hi, Im in 8th grade. Im taking a career planning class and i'd like to know how to do a few jobs that I have in mind. Chef, architec, and designer. If you could, please tell what its like in any of these job careers.[';?

Chef, architec, and designer.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angel331 views

What's the best way to start your own bakery?

I wish to open my own bakery bit I'm not sure where to start

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jaylyn326 views

How does Being a Chef work?

Is being a chef something that you will get tried of doing it or something that you get mad at doing. Is being a chef hard to do.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Seth188 views

What steps would you recommend to prepare to enter culinary?

I am an 18-year-old trying to get into culinary anything would help.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
LaJuan449 views

How do herbs and other plants make the food taste and smell better?

I'm a young cook trying to learn and get a better understanding of herbs and spices

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashten289 views

What types of work eviornments do chefs work in ?

For example do chefs only work in restaurants or could they also work in food trucks? I'm a student that goes to Waimea high school and i want to choose culinary as my career path.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashten312 views

How do chefs remember what ingredients and amounts of ingredients when they make food for customers?

I am a student at Waimea high school, for my career path, I want to be a chef Do chefs have a book or papers saying how to cook different dishes or do they have to remember all of it by mind

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Misael210 views

What are the good and bad side as a chef in the US?

Hello, My name is Misael, I’m a 7th grader, in middle school. I been considering being a chef as my career path in my future. I been wondering what is upside, and a downside as a chef. Also, another question I would like to know is, what is a average salary as a chef/cook. If there is any chef/cooks/retired, please if you can answer this.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ben299 views

Do I need to go to a culinary school if I wish to become a chef?

Being a chef has been a career of interest to me, but I am not sure if I would have to go to a culinary school to become a chef.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Carolyn491 views

What are some affordable culinary schools?

I love to cook and am quite good if I do say so myself. Though being a chef is not my first choice as a career it’s one of my favorites as I love to cook. I’m a junior in high school and feel it’s time to jump on the bandwagon for finding a school. What are affordable but quality culinary schools?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sam242 views

How to get into entry level prep cooking from former fast food restaurant service?

I have previous years of mainstream fast food cooking and independent backline skills, I’d like to get more in depth on culinary knife skills, food preparation, storage and over all cooking.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Anthony611 views

What are basic things you should know before starting Culinary school

I have interest in becoming a chef when I am older and eventually own a restaurant. I am not really sure what to expect from culinary school. Do we start with basics or is it already assumed we know the basics.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Erica521 views

How do you start your own restaurant business?

I'm a college student that is majoring in computer science. I always had a dream of pursuing culinary and run my own restaurant or bakery, but I don't know where to begin or is it a good idea in the first place. Any thoughts or advice, please share.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
saleyann249 views

Any words on becoming a chefs and head cooks?

How much time do you think it takes to prepare meals? What tools should I need while studying for chefs and head cooks? Is there anything that you wished you would have known before a chefs and head cooks.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jackson231 views

What are 3 things I should know to succeed in the Culinary Field?

How to I work my way up the chain of command? What are some challenges that I will have to face?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Logan258 views

Cooking carrer?

How many years do you have to go to college to get a way-paying job in the food industry?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nancy294 views

What does a typical day look like for a 5-star Chef?

I´m a San Jose Job Corps student and Iḿ studying culinary

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Naomi360 views

Why do chefs be under so much pressure and how do you deal with it??

Hello my name is Naomi, When do you feel like you're done with that trade?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Naomi256 views

What are the tools I need to be a Chef?

Hi, I'm a san jose job corps student, studying Culinary.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon